Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Developer Workshop: Saryn Revisited 2.0

[DE]Danielle

I said it before and I'll say it again.
If the ability is going to stay named as Miasma, it needs to actually be a cloud of Miasma that lingers.
Then you wouldn't need to swap the procs, even though I don't understand the reasoning in the first place.
If not then the ability needs to be renamed.
As a side-note, there's no need to fear Infinite damage scaling.
It's technically already in the game, and enemies have infinitely scaling EHP to counteract it after all.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Teloch said:

Why does the "heaviest" warframe that is depicted on my avatar has less armor than a caster?

Yep Rhino also needs some more armor but then his iron skin needs to be revisited otherwise I agree the rhino is a tank and he needs at least 400-450 armor.

1 hour ago, [DE]Danielle said:

Venom Dose Augment Change: Spores cast on allies temporarily grant them additional Corrosive (was Viral) damage to all attacks

Venom Dose does Toxic damage.

You're making this mod less useful for specialization as right now you can get either extra Corrosive, Gas or Viral out of it.

This makes it a strong option against all factions if your group gears properly. Making it Corrosive just limits it to armor.

Edited by Xzorn
  • Like 8

8 minutes ago, [DE]Aidan said:

Hey Tenno!

Can you please elaborate on your point here? We would love to know what about the change to this part of "Spores" has you thinking this way 🙂

I'm not that Tenno, but...for starters...enemies don't always come from one direction, which means this functions something like the Beam weapon ramp -- everytime you switch targets, you start over. 

I understand why this was changed, don't get me wrong. You don't want rooms full of spore-ified enemies, since they contribute to the escalating damage. 

Edited by Ham_Grenabe

1 minute ago, Latiac said:

My take is this:

I feel (and some of the community feels) that corrosive isn't simply enough and will hinder Saryns ability in the late game far more than help.

Viral halved health and that was AMAZING with how the enemy health scales up currently, unless the enemies get a complete total scale rework Corrosive spores will only really seem good on paper and early to mid game mission content, that and it will really hinder Saryn's effectiveness against anything without armour as a whole.

Viral had utility, it stopped the player having to run a Viral build on every weapon out there for late game content and let them get a little bit more creative.

Saryn essentially provided the utility for the team the later the game went on, it wasn't about damage and map nuking in high end content, it was about providing all those health debuffs to help your team kill said enemies before they inevitably one shotted you across the map.

Saryn won't lose the ability of Procing Viral, she'll still do so, and Viral only needs to be proced once each 10 seconds or so, so changing it to her 4th is better than normal, while it is better for spores to proc Corrosive because you can do so multiple times, where her 4th corrosive proc was pretty much meaningless. The main reason why they changed this was for people to stop using only one single ability.

• Like 2

Just a small note that has always been a nitpick of Saryn - So long as you're looking at Miasma, any chance it could affect new enemies entering the range where it was initially casted so long as it is still dealing dps? Essentially making miasma make a cloud similar to Mutalist osperey clouds that damages anything that comes inside, with a set duration. Would really help with her theme!

Edit - In specific, it would reduce the need to spam-cast if you're just trying to get those viral procs rolling. Set it on a choke point or defense objective, and watch as the enemy is bathed in status!

Edited by Mastercontrol98
  • Like 3

I'm pretty skeptical about the Spore and Miasma element switch, but I wont mind it probably. BUT, on every Saryn build there is no place for efficiency, almost every top-tier build I see, they always have negative efficiency, because she's a caster and naturally her abilities didnt take too much energy to cast in the first place. But it's still a substantial amount of energy, so please do not remove the energy gain with Toxic Lash + Spores, you know everyone will still mass-cast. 

• Like 1

Just now, failedtodiet said:

Please clarify this:

- So killing them by any other way won't spread spore ?

I wouldn't worry about that, if you're killing them with something else (melee or weapons) you're likely popping their spores by having Toxic Lash up anyways, and even if you don't have it up you'll likely hit a few anyways, spreading them regardless.

vor 44 Minuten schrieb [DE]Danielle:

Spores changed from Viral to Corrosive damage, which repurposes it as a great tool to strip armor from enemies. 

I feel like this is just another bandaid to the larger problem at hand (armor scaling) and in squads with 4 Corrosive Projections the proc will be absolutely useless.

• Like 3

I am not very excited to be honest. Saryn has a pretty good kit with good synergy between abilities compared to Gara, Titania, Wukong, Nezha, and more. I would rather see underused frames recieve changes when they desperately need it. Even Khora could use a rework before Saryn....

On topic: Changing spores from viral to corrosive is a massive nerf and limits her high enemy level potential. Limiting Saryn to the level range of around Hydron is pretty sad and will make her useless for the higher tier game modes such as Elite Onslaught where she shines now.

Edited by --Q--Voltage
  • Like 5

Oh, and while we're talking about Saryn - can you give us controller-users a bit more of an aiming "cone" for launching spores? It is often frustrating to get the "Invalid Target" bonk for being a few pixels off the guy I clearly intend to poison. 

Doesn't have to be huge, but just a bit more forgiving would be nice. 

3 minutes ago, DreadWarlock said:

Saryn won't lose the ability of Procing Viral, she'll still do so, and Viral only needs to be proced once each 10 seconds or so, so changing it to her 4th is better than normal, while it is better for spores to proc Corrosive because you can do so multiple times, where her 4th corrosive proc was pretty much meaningless. The main reason why they changed this was for people to stop using only one single ability.

Saryn is a caster frame, Spore was the bread and butter of her 1.0 rework and was praised with how much utility it had after the rework of killing Nuke Miasma Saryn, it felt fun to play, you're constantly doing something with Saryn as she is.

The issue is energy, Miasma to proc viral also seems good, better than corrosive for sure.

There's one issue with this, Energy. Miasma will eat energy up, that and Corrosive damage doesn't exactly chew away at the high end contents health like Viral did.

Edited by Latiac
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Xzorn said:

Vendon Dose does Toxic damage.

You're making this mod less useful for specialization as right now you can get either extra Corrosive or Viral out of it.

I beg to differ, specialization is nice but you can actually afford to run only Radiation VIral on your gun, if your local Saryn has this mod on. This will give optimal damage against armor.

Specialization is not always the answer. It'll also allow you to use Radiation/viral on infested because the damage bonus from corrosive will counter some of their resistances to both damage types.

• Like 2

il y a 2 minutes, --Q--Voltage a dit :

I am not very excited to be honest. Saryn has a pretty good kit compared to Gara, Titania, Wukong, Nezha, and more. I would rather see underused frames recieve changes when they desperately need it. Even Khora could use a rework before Saryn....

Wait ? Gara is amazing .. Dont even touch her .. 2 Infinite Scaling + DR  .. Nuking Capability with 4-1 Combo and a Stat Sitck... and some kind CC with her 3 .. Gara is A+ in my book.. I would have to agree with the other frames named (except Khora) 

Edited by MunsuLight
  • Like 3