Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Operator Melee

Ktro

We're assuming they're even fully physically there and not just a visual manifestation of channeled void energy personified.  Think like the Leia hologram that R2-D2 projected in Star Wars...but less recorded and more of a Live Stream.  Using Space Magic.  Thus why they don't die when "killed", they just kinda...phase out, and they get "static".  In other words, connection trouble due to feedback.

The only skills they use are Void based, meaning something they can channel through the frame.  If we added melee, they'd have to be physically there.

Besides, we already have a physical conduit for our Operator's powers.....it's called a Warframe >.>

25 minutes ago, Artek94 said:

I don't think so. Operators don't have much physical strength in them, for obvious reasons. So melee makes no sense on them. AMPs are pretty much the only weapon that makes sense for them.

Why do you need strength to weld a "void sword" with the wieght of pretty much a lightsaber? We are fast and unkillable, I think that would be enough..and would be awesome. 

Gib me my "duel void sabers" 

79CB.gif

Edited by (XB1)RDeschain82

Long version:

Spoiler

The closest thing to an 'Operator melee' is a Void Blast amplifier or calibration medium, perhaps worn as another Amp on the left hand which covers the hand as a full gauntlet, since we already have the Beam amplifier/calibration medium. Could even just be an extension of the existing Amp category in some manner, which opens the possibility of forgoing Void Blast for another Amp (restriction: first (right-hand)-equipped amp's alt fire overrides the second one's, perhaps the 'toggle camera shoulder' button can affect this?).

The thing we really need is a means to deal Void damage without going Operator, or the ability to use Operator powers without exposing ourselves (since some people disdain what they actually are to the point of attempting to retcon them from their perspective of the lore, to just giving up on Warframe due to a skewered perspective).

As for @(PS4)Taishin_Ishu's thought, since Second Dream, Tenno can manifest physically (hence why they obey physical laws, can jump and everything, but when they 'die', they get sent back to their equivalent of a /sethome; this can be witnessed in War Within's not-exactly-a-dream sequence with the Ravenous Golden Maw segment.

Short version:

Spoiler

Void Blast is the Operator's melee. An Amp built for it can be a solution to this situation and opens up the option for Operators to forgo Void Blast buffs via Amp for two ranged weapons (like a pair of Tier 1 Amps or shotgun-style amps firing off like Reaper from Overwatch or a Spartan from Halo using a pair of Brute Mauler pistols or Magnums).

3 hours ago, Koldraxon-732 said:

Long version:

Hide contents

The closest thing to an 'Operator melee' is a Void Blast amplifier or calibration medium, perhaps worn as another Amp on the left hand which covers the hand as a full gauntlet, since we already have the Beam amplifier/calibration medium. Could even just be an extension of the existing Amp category in some manner, which opens the possibility of forgoing Void Blast for another Amp (restriction: first (right-hand)-equipped amp's alt fire overrides the second one's, perhaps the 'toggle camera shoulder' button can affect this?).

The thing we really need is a means to deal Void damage without going Operator, or the ability to use Operator powers without exposing ourselves (since some people disdain what they actually are to the point of attempting to retcon them from their perspective of the lore, to just giving up on Warframe due to a skewered perspective).

As for @(PS4)Taishin_Ishu's thought, since Second Dream, Tenno can manifest physically (hence why they obey physical laws, can jump and everything, but when they 'die', they get sent back to their equivalent of a /sethome; this can be witnessed in War Within's not-exactly-a-dream sequence with the Ravenous Golden Maw segment.

Short version:

Hide contents

Void Blast is the Operator's melee. An Amp built for it can be a solution to this situation and opens up the option for Operators to forgo Void Blast buffs via Amp for two ranged weapons (like a pair of Tier 1 Amps or shotgun-style amps firing off like Reaper from Overwatch or a Spartan from Halo using a pair of Brute Mauler pistols or Magnums).

lol ty, I'm aware xD  Just trying to make sense of how they're on the orbiter, then in the frame's location, then kno-  yeah.  I know that's a futile endeavor, I just had to try xD

Though I do have to say, people boycotting the Operators...that seems extreme.  It IS the lore, like it or not. 😕  We don't need void damage coming from our frames.  Then what would even be the point of the Operators having been introduced

idea may make the true fun melee fashion become real and also so much easier

- mouse scroll up/down : changes the stance combo style attack and it appears behind the combo meter

- mouse middle click + scroll up/down : changes between the stance mods and it appears behind the combo style attack meter

- mouse right click : blocks damage + channeling, also channeling work when attacking

- also no more hard to perform stances like E E wait E E E because also it's too hard to control with high attack speed build, so the stances goes from start to end by just spamming E, and also can be skipped when shooting with weapons or stop clicking E

- mouse left click : changes very fast from melee to secondary/primary and fire bullets, and changes from secondary/primary to melee by just clicking E

- F button : changes very fast from secondary to primary without any mods needed

- hold button 5 : unleash the true power of the tenno within warframes and a high void energy cover the warframe armor with x2 increased power strength and melee attack speed

- make stance mods for secondary/primary, I mean just fancy and style moves while firing while bullet jump or roll or slide

- make new bullet jump styles like jumping above enemy while shooting like dante in DMC4

- the warframe will shoot 1 or more enemies with secondary weapon when you perform bullet jump behind enemies

- make slow motion for slide

- make bullet jump easier by removing the need of CTRL button from the bullet jump and instead make it SPACE button only, so clicking SPACE 1 time will perform bullet jump and while in air will perform a normal jump

- make wall parkour easier by increasing wall lach range when secondary/primary is equipped, to perform better wall parkour, more fun, easier to stack to the wall and shoot nearby enemies

also opertors may have void energy sword, and the abilities similar to DMC4 melee combo

and to not impact anything in the game, make operator fight void demon bosses in the void map

37 minutes ago, (PS4)Taishin_Ishu said:

[Comment text erased for compression reasons]

1: They use the Warframe as a door, as it were. It's Void stuff; it doesn't have to make sense. It just 'works'. 2: Those people simply didn't read the Codex entries and didn't read the obvious parts that the children of Z10-0 were made Tenno. The pieces were there but never looked at, even now. Which leads me to my 3rd point which is in the spoiler below.

Spoiler

3: The 'Void damage via Warframes' basically works as an Operator skin. The Operator instead phases into the Warframe actual, causing the head (if viable) to disappear and be replaced with their own as well as phasing their Amp onto the 'frame's arm. The frame would be able to act as normal, but the powers are swapped out for Focus School related abilities and Tenno powers (Void beam, Void blast, Void mode, Focus ult, and 5 to revert to normal).
-Operator's head and head cosmetics override the Warframe's, where cosmetically acceptable. If not, then the obstructing elements (Chroma's pelt, etc..) are given the half-phased transparency effect during this mode.
-Operator/Tenno School powers replace Warframe powers for duration. Void Mode is instead bound to an ability, same with Void beam.
-Warframe stats and mobility preserved.
-Going down in this state causes the Warframe to get knocked down or half-ragdoll into a suitable pose (the slumped one, T-pose, or knocked-down) and stay like that for a moment before getting up, as though waking up.

I would like to see melee amps. 

4 hours ago, (PS4)Taishin_Ishu said:

The only skills they use are Void based, meaning something they can channel through the frame.  If we added melee, they'd have to be physically there.

The Wat Within dialogue suggests that operators are indeed there when exiting the warframe. Here is the quote I'm talking about: 
Elderqueen: Stupid child. You don't give up, do you? But coming here in the flesh? That was a big mistake. Guards! Kill this Warframe and bring me my new skin!

If they were just projecting themselves I don't think standard amps would work either, as they are not void powers, just modify them.

But even if this was not the case they could use void energy to project energy melee weapons of some sort.

14 hours ago, (PS4)Eluminary said:

Zenurik temporal blast fully ranked with unairu waybound is a pretty good melee for them atm...

I've heard in China frame they are able to use melee weapons.... Even seen a video of it, not sure if we are allowed to mention that here it's on YouTube.

They able to because of a glitch.

They copy the Warframe animations because I doubt they would be able to swing something like a Scindo or a Fragor.

I've heard in China frame they are able to use melee weapons.... Even seen a video of it, not sure if we are allowed to mention that here it's on YouTube.

I've seen a vid with an operator using melee in liset, it is an old bug that appeared with the War Within quest back in 2016. It is not limited to China and i think has never been.

3RY8g8H.jpg

Zenurik temporal blast fully ranked with unairu waybound is a pretty good melee for them atm...

Imo madurai has the best void blast.

Edited by Dante102

A Soul Reaver style energy blade comming from the palm of the Operator would be rather fitting i think.

They can allready fire beams from their palms. Shortening them and concentrating them into a powerfull but very short ranged blade would seem like a logical extension of what they allready display.

Honestly I don't mind if Operators get more access to weapons. But personally I don't see this happening before Venus Freeroam drops. Much like Quills and the Amps, I don't think it at all unreasonable that in the new one there would be a similar faction but with "melee amps". I mean, we KNOW that we're getting custom Zaw-like guns with Venus, so the possibility is real. 

4 hours ago, Kaotyke said:

Now if only it didnt ragdoll the enemy if it was too close (and consequently make the fireball go 90º and do no damage)

Just aim at the ground right under enemies feet if they are close, so the ball still damages enemies. Blinding them beforehand seems to do more damage. With t2 amp, you can do the secondary fire -> fireball loop for pretty much double dps.

And the angle, it is something you have to get used to. It is the same problem all the bows (and probably other non hitscan weapons) have.

Still don't find charging the fireball useful though.

On 2018-05-31 at 7:35 PM, Ktro said:

I think operator melee is going to be a thing. Not the old bug but such drastic melee changes makes melee more suitable for operators

I might be wrong, but i believe one of the devs did mention "operator melee" on one of the previous devstreams. They could be working on it.

EDIT: it can be not what we expect though, instead of swords it might be just more void blast animations or something like that.

Edited by Dante102

3 minutes ago, Dante102 said:

Blinding them beforehand seems to do more damage

It does. The fireball is a melee attack, and its effected by the stealth multiplier.

4 minutes ago, Dante102 said:

Just aim at the ground right under enemies feet if they are close, so the ball still damages enemies.

But we shouldnt have to do that. I hope they take a look at it again.

On 2018-05-31 at 3:03 PM, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

I'd love a void Katar, something slightly different from a typical Sword but still simple to use. or go full Zamasu and turn our whole arm into an energy blade.

Yeah, every time Operator melee comes to mind, I always think immediately to Vegito's spirit sword and Black's divine lasso (which in warframe for the Operator would just be Exalted Blade but with modified animations).

Dual Void Swords for my Warframe to slice and dice? Yes, Please!

Melee for Operators? I personally hope not, as I have the preference that what we see as 'Operator Mode' is that of a Void Energy Manifestation that is generated from proximity to our Warframe. In another manner of saying, our Warframe acts as a router, and the Operator is the Modem and/or ISP, no longer needing the chair to channel services for enemy consumption.

Essentially meaning that our rather Potent 'Operator' mode relies entire on our Warframes to exist and allows for our Operators to never need to dangerously leave the Orbiter.

Things like Onkko can be explained through this use of a visor to 'virtualize' that spot in Cetus to share and sell data to Tenno, similar to how 3-D Printing is building itself up over time with clever licensing schemes, as sophistication increases.