Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Revenant Themed Warframe "Vlad" Feedback and Discussion

Synpai

On another note, vampires have more than blood as a theme like the number of variations and tropes for vampires out side of mere blood sucking is too much to cover in a forum post. 

As seen in the last iteration:

"Shape shifting" -The mist ability

Sustaining

"Suggestion"

etc.

But this hardly matters since as an Eidolon themed warframe, it doesn't hit the mark. If the ult doesn't involve an Eidolon Wail, then we can all grab our pitchforks and eat a big bowl of spaghetti on Destiny 2. As for the role the warframe "Should" fill, it hardly matters. I just want something cohesive and effective enough to play with enjoyment unlike Khora.

Edited by Synpai

Vlad's power-set currently doesn't fit his theme. I've posted my suggestion on how to enhance him, but I'll mention it here:
Vlad/Revenant is his placeholder name. Based on his visual form, his powers should take cues from the Eidolon Fragments (Vomva, Tera and Gantu -lyst variants specifically) due to his theme being 'afflicted with Sentient energy', an inversion of Chroma's 'wearing a malformed Sentient form to empower himself'.

Details in the Spoilers.

Spoiler

Base stats:
Unknown.
Powers:
Passive: unchanged.
Afflict: Add a Vauban-style toggle system where this Warframe can swap between Afflict, Eidolon/Sentient Pact, and Gantu Beam.

Gantu Beam: This Warframe raises his left arm as it turns orange, before firing a sustained laser which will slow him a little. The beam's damage is based on all damage mods from all weapons equipped in addition to Power Strength, Duration (for status effects afflicted, which are entirely random) and Range (which affects the width and length of the beam; the longer the beam is active, the larger the beam, the more energy is drained to sustain it, and if enemies take damage from it, the damage will also gradually ramp up until it is out of energy). Visually, it's a Gantulyst beam, but smaller. This would be an excellent way to expect all that energy he stacked up. Unlocked at Afflict level 3.

Sentient Pact: Renamed to Eidolon's Pact and moved to being a swappable power. How it would work now would be a toggle; it drains all the shields he has, and converts them in the following manner: 100 shields = 1 Pact, with a base stack of 5 Pacts. Strength mods will lower the amount of shields required for a stack of Pact. When he's out of shields or the toggle is turned off, the Pacts are applied. Unlocked at Afflict level 2.

Mist form: Turned into a duration ability, not unlike Chroma's Vex Armor. No longer renders him immune to damage and afflicting people requires dealing damage with melee or Gantu Beam when this is active. Moves to Second Ability slot.

Hunhow Retaliation: A duration ability which causes all weapons equipped to deal randomized elemental damage as well as proc all the damage types dealt all the time, and increases reload speed. All ammo spent during this ability's duration is refunded over a small timeframe after the ability expires. During this second phase, any damage taken is reflected at the enemy and multiplied by damage mods in addition to power strength, but is not negated (since we've still got Pact). Is new Third Ability.

Eidolon's Revenge: Sacrifices 1/2 health, [100, was 'all'] energy, and all shields to grant a moment of invulnerability but he cannot move (collapses in a half-ragdoll fashion to one knee). He howls/roars in agony as the Sentient energy is expelled from him, causing all nearby enemies to drop to the floor from the loud sound and a magnetic/radiation proc which remains on the enemies until they die or are themselves afflicted. Allies are also affected by the magnetic proc, but it's effects are inverted; you gain energy rather than lose it. Is new Fourth Ability, since Mass Sleep cannot and does not fit with the Sentients.

Generally, this would give [PH]Vlad a lot more utility than just another Crowd Enslaving Warframe (we already have Nyx and Nekros, in addition to crowd manipulators like Vauban, Inaros, and Zephyr).

Edited by Koldraxon-732

3 hours ago, Koldraxon-732 said:

Vlad's power-set currently doesn't fit his theme. I've posted my suggestion on how to enhance him, but I'll mention it here:
Vlad/Revenant is his placeholder name. Based on his visual form, his powers should take cues from the Eidolon Fragments (Vomva, Tera and Gantu -lyst variants specifically) due to his theme being 'afflicted with Sentient energy', an inversion of Chroma's 'wearing a malformed Sentient form to empower himself'.

Details in the Spoilers.

Reveal hidden contents

Base stats:
Unknown.
Powers:
Passive: unchanged.
Afflict: Add a Vauban-style toggle system where this Warframe can swap between Afflict, Eidolon/Sentient Pact, and Gantu Beam.

Gantu Beam: This Warframe raises his left arm as it turns orange, before firing a sustained laser which will slow him a little. The beam's damage is based on all damage mods from all weapons equipped in addition to Power Strength, Duration (for status effects afflicted, which are entirely random) and Range (which affects the width and length of the beam; the longer the beam is active, the larger the beam, the more energy is drained to sustain it, and if enemies take damage from it, the damage will also gradually ramp up until it is out of energy). Visually, it's a Gantulyst beam, but smaller. This would be an excellent way to expect all that energy he stacked up. Unlocked at Afflict level 3.

Sentient Pact: Renamed to Eidolon's Pact and moved to being a swappable power. How it would work now would be a toggle; it drains all the shields he has, and converts them in the following manner: 100 shields = 1 Pact, with a base stack of 5 Pacts. Strength mods will lower the amount of shields required for a stack of Pact. When he's out of shields or the toggle is turned off, the Pacts are applied. Unlocked at Afflict level 2.

Mist form: Turned into a duration ability, not unlike Chroma's Vex Armor. No longer renders him immune to damage and afflicting people requires dealing damage with melee or Gantu Beam when this is active. Moves to Second Ability slot.

Hunhow Retaliation: A duration ability which causes all weapons equipped to deal randomized elemental damage as well as proc all the damage types dealt all the time, and increases reload speed. All ammo spent during this ability's duration is refunded over a small timeframe after the ability expires. During this second phase, any damage taken is reflected at the enemy and multiplied by damage mods in addition to power strength, but is not negated (since we've still got Pact). Is new Third Ability.

Eidolon's Revenge: Sacrifices 1/2 health, all energy, and all shields to grant a moment of invulnerability but he cannot move (collapses in a half-ragdoll fashion to one knee). He howls/roars in agony as the Sentient energy is expelled from him, causing all nearby enemies to drop to the floor from the loud sound and a magnetic/radiation proc which remains on the enemies until they die or are themselves afflicted. Allies are also affected by the magnetic proc, but it's effects are inverted; you gain energy rather than lose it. Is new Fourth Ability, since Mass Sleep cannot and does not fit with the Sentients.

Generally, this would give [PH]Vlad a lot more utility than just another Crowd Enslaving Warframe (we already have Nyx and Nekros, in addition to crowd manipulators like Vauban, Inaros, and Zephyr).

Why doesn't his power set fit his theme? And they're work in progress either way. But hell no would that 4th ability work. You'll have players avoid using it simply because you sacrifice all energy. Really counterintuitive to the mindset of a player wanting to keep as much energy as possible. Otherwise I want to see what the final look of his abilities will be before agreeing with your other set of abilities.

Edited by ShadowExodus

Just now, ShadowExodus said:

Why doesn't his power set fit his theme? And they're work in progress either way. But hell no would that 4th ability work. You'll have players avoid using it simply because you sacrifice all energy. 

Fixed. Replaced 'all' with '100'. Like I said; Sentients so far have never shown the ability to put people to sleep and that Vlad's more of a 'Warframe with Sentient energy coursing through him' than a vampire-frame based on his visual style alone should give a different orientation as to what powers he should have.

2 hours ago, Koldraxon-732 said:

Fixed. Replaced 'all' with '100'. Like I said; Sentients so far have never shown the ability to put people to sleep and that Vlad's more of a 'Warframe with Sentient energy coursing through him' than a vampire-frame based on his visual style alone should give a different orientation as to what powers he should have.

I think they meant that sentient comes from the design and the abilities are inspired by certain aspects of vampirism but I see where you are coming from. But still waiting for the final verdict on what they show because Rebb mentioned there might be lasers in his 4th ability.

Looks awesome, love the fact we're getting a vampire finally, although his kit doesn't feel like what a vampire should have.

Main issue I have once again is that it looks like another of those frames that pretty much requires usage of your 1234 on every mob you encounter to deal damage....Which begs the question ... Why not just melee or shoot said enemy. Faster, doesn't waste energy.

To me good frames have four distinct abilities that all work individually , yet get better when combined. Each ability has it's own purpose.

Like let's look at ash, he has a spammable armor stripping Shuriken, a one hit kill teleport, a damage mitigation stealth move and an aoe room clearer.

Vlad has a marking feature that does something not clear, a mist form I don't really understand (doesn't wukong have one already), some odd crowd control that doesn't seem reliable and putting people on the ground, then forcing you to kill them to hopefully detonate nearby enemies. None of them look that cool on their own, and even when combined, seems convoluted at best, clunky at worse to tag, mist form , convert, put to ground then detonate every mobs.

Edited by (PS4)Stealth_Cobra

Just now, ShadowExodus said:

I think they meant that sentient comes from the design and the abilities are inspired by certain aspects of vampirism but I see where you are coming from. But still waiting for the final verdict on what they show because Rebb mentioned there might be lasers in his 4th ability.

I could easily see Vlad's replacement power(s) involving Teralyst abilities - like I suggested with the Gantulyst beam. His 4th may involve the Teralyst 'rain of destruction' bombardment move where it fires a blast skyward... Wonder how that'll work indoors, though. Maybe he could have an Exalted beam weapon (turning Gantu Beam into an Exalted sidearm while simultaneously allowing any 1h melee to still be used, borrowing animations from Focus Powers and arm-mounted weapons like Gammacor)?

3 minutes ago, (PS4)Stealth_Cobra said:

(doesn't wukong have one already)

From the gif I saw they serve a different purpose. Vlad's acts as a mobility tool as well as afflicting enemies as set up for later abilities, doesn't 'appear' to make him invincible for it's duration. Noticeable due to the health/shield bar not turning grey. This can of course just be an oversight.

Wukong's cloud however isn't a mobility tool and doesn't set up his other abilities in a unique manner, it does however grant invincibility for it's duration.

Because that's what Wukong needs... more invincibility. 

Yeah, I'd rather have that mist form tbh.

What if power 4 is like Nova power 4 but enemies are not moving slow or fast but instead they are sleeping and you can take massive damage and in return get extra health...and imagine you can do that on eidelon...he will bee amazing frame for eidelon hunt... 😏👌

I will try to keep this short "Vlad" doesn't fit the vampire theme nor the sentient one, arguments i won't post any this megathread is full of them, just make 2 different warframes one with a sentient power kit and one with a vampire power kit because this mishmash is just plain wrong, it does incredible injustice for both themes, just take your time DE and make them themes look good, you can release them event next year but make sure they fit the themes, keep them centered on what we know and what we've seen, keep the sentient warframe based on sentient powers we've seen and of course the vampire warframe centered around blood or fluids instead of blood and some sort of life steal, again the current "Vlad" "work in progress" frame is such a big disappointment to both sentient and vampire the only thing it got going for it, is it's looks witch looks a little sentient like and the mist form for vampire just the effects not the purpose of the power

Yours truly

Wampy

6 minutes ago, g0thv4mp1r3 said:

I will try to keep this short "Vlad" doesn't fit the vampire theme nor the sentient one, arguments i won't post any this megathread is full of them, just make 2 different warframes one with a sentient power kit and one with a vampire power kit because this mishmash is just plain wrong, it does incredible injustice for both themes, just take your time DE and make them themes look good, you can release them event next year but make sure they fit the themes, keep them centered on what we know and what we've seen, keep the sentient warframe based on sentient powers we've seen and of course the vampire warframe centered around blood or fluids instead of blood and some sort of life steal, again the current "Vlad" "work in progress" frame is such a big disappointment to both sentient and vampire the only thing it got going for it, is it's looks witch looks a little sentient like and the mist form for vampire just the effects not the purpose of the power

Yours truly

Wampy

I got agree with you because you are right.... I love ideas for vampire frame but his is not a good mix with eidelon.... they need 2 create 2 frames that 1 is 100% vampire style and next frame can bee something like eidelon frame dude who knows what...its like they trying to mix votka with beer in same bottle.

Edited by Vlada91

5 minutes ago, g0thv4mp1r3 said:

Yours truly

Wampy

This. I'd rather have a fully fleshed out vamp frame and a fully fleshed out eidolon frame then a subpar mix of both.

6 hours ago, ShadowExodus said:

And if bones can withstand it, whats the difference with sentient cores/shards.

They're living Sentient 'tissue', for one, which means they are vulnerable... at least from a lore perspective. Gameplay/lore divide and all that, which I am somewhat salty has to be a thing, but we can't have trolls wandering the plains at night destroying the cores before other players can pick them up, now can we?

That was far from mild exposure. They were in the void and Suda-Hunhow's shielding was barely able to shield them.

... So ambient energy that a non-combat ship ("Operator! I'm a stealth ship, not a combat pod!") can resist with ease, is of the same if not higher concentration than weapons-grade void energy. ("Operator, no, you'll breach the hull!")
I can't buy that, sorry; it's the difference between a sunny day and a particle accelerator. The exposure was relatively very mild, and even taking this into account, Suda-Hunhow's shielding was barely able to keep them functional; they would not survive Warframe abilities before conversion from concentrated Void energy.

Eidolon Phylaxis was specifically manufactured to be poison to technocyte by exploiting Sentient's immunity to it. No different from taking the blood of a person who is immune to a virus and synthesizing a cure from it. Nothing in the lore suggests or says that Sentients are outright poisonous to technocyte. Other than that I'm not understanding what you're trying to say here with alive and dead.

By 'specifically manufactured' you must mean 'isolated from materials around the plains that have been exposed to the Eidolon and mixed into a carrier fluid'. It barely takes two minutes to build, using the same nanite forge that takes an entire day to build a dagger. This is on par to it also taking a couple of minutes to put isotopes into a jar for later, or plugging arithmetec processing units into a circuitboard for coordinate calculations. You know, the easy stuff.

Even the lore entry itself says 'formulated', not 'engineered', not 'manufactured', not even 'recombined'. It's a mixtture, not an extrapolation; the primary ingredients are iradite and nistlepods, with grokdrul assumed as a carrier fluid compatible with the drones we use as injectors. What the credits are used for, nobody knows... I think our nanite forge demands quarters for player one. Thus; even the smallest of Sentient pieces have such a high resistance... no, not even resistance; lethality to technocyte organisms that we can easily isolate and use it. There are thus no, nor can there be, Sentient-infected Technocyte organisms, nor Infested Sentients. This is pretty clear-cut.

Alive vs dead, in terms of Sentients is tricky, as all xenobiology is, but this is on the easier end of a tough subject.
To cover this, I'm going to have to assume that Sentient life is cell-based, if not directly than at least for the purpose of metaphor.
Void energy causes damage to Sentient life forms; it renders a Sentient target sterile, and causes damage that cannot be healed, only rearranged around. To do this to a living creature, what you end up having to do is disable meiosis; the cells are no longer able to split; the organism's current cells are the only cells it will ever have again. Sentients are only still alive because they're so stupidly durable; their tissue either does not die from age, or ages at an incredibly slow rate, and their reactive shielding/armor allows them to efficiently avoid further damage.

Thus; a living Sentient is a Sentient that still has living tissue; operating, changing shape, and still producing energy and whatever we mix into Phylaxis... but due to Void exposure, unable to form more cells.
Also thus; a dead Sentient is a Sentient that is no more; all that is left are the mineral deposits and/or armor that existed between the cells, much like the calcium phosphate structure in your own bones or the hollow chitin of a long-dead insect, that will likely be around for a long time after all of the cells in and around it are gone. These are the parts that we can use, the only parts that aren't destroyed outright by Void energy, though a careful shot can leave the core alive.

We use Sentient bones in crafting weaponry, as Hunhow has directly stated; the non-living leftovers of Sentient life. To date, War, Broken-War, and (probably) Amps. Due to how we focus Void energy when channeling or using any Operator ability, any living Sentient cells that remain in these weapons are gone within the first few uses.

Well obviously all base warframes are copies of the primes but that in itself is unknown on which came first. And the Eidolon is still a Sentient.  DE saying Eidolon is purely from a design/thematic point of view that has nothing to do with the lore. Not to mention that Eidolons are the broken pieces of the colossal Sentient that Gara destroyed so the timeline of events is still intact.

Order of manufacture between Prime and non-Prime doesn't matter; the Orokin were the only ones who knew how to design new Warframes, and we're living off of copies of what we can scavenge from what's left... we still can't directly build our own. We can change their appearance to a degree, and add in modifications that tweak how the systems and Technocyte tissue interact, but this is the extent of our capabilities on the matter. Alad V tried, and failedd; he had to patch his constructs together using Warframe parts that he had a heck of a time isolating without them detecting the damage and ... well, we're not certain; we assume they self-destruct, or have some other method of directly resisting fine observaton, as he's far from the only person who tried, and the only one who developed a trick that allowed him to conduct actual research on us.

Back on topic; no, the timeline of events is NOT intact; Vlad's theme, meaning his structure, abilities, and (not or) cosmetic is linked to the Sentient, specifically Eidolon (not 'the Eidolon' plural, Eidolon; the original Sentient), who only made itself known and attacked the tower after the Orokin were gone. I'm tired of beating this horse.

Wait, when did I imply that the Eidolon aren't Sentients?

I have a really, really big beef with you here; design elements have everything to do with the lore, no matter how trivial they may seem.
Lore itself is a concept choice that drives the design process in any game that wants decent world cohesiveness, and thus good suspension of disbelief. This is creative writing 101; the Tolkiening. World-building is even more important to visual media, and even more so to interactive media, where it is actually put to the test rather than just submitted for your viewing pleasure. Try as you might, you're not going to be able to change my mind on this one; I've seen many works of immersive art fall flat due to ignoring this rule even in part.
I will admit that the opposite is true if you're aiming for meta, post-modern, or parody works, as these call all suspension of disbelief into question by definition. Warframe, however, is far removed from any of these.

The Sentinel codex did mention that Sentinels closely resembled the Sentients but bared no aggression as the difference from the enemy of the tenno. Whether that counts or not idk.

😐
The resemblance to Sentients was, in the lore, listed as 'precarious'.
This means roughly the opposite of 'closely resembled'.

They're also listed as 'mechanical', something Sentient are not, listed as 'immediately helpful' as well. These creatures do not have adaptive shielding/armor, aren't harmed by ambient Void energy, have no semblance of a hive- or linked-mind, and share a lot more in common with roombas than with our dear Hunhow.
Lack of aggression as THE difference indeed; the only direct similarity is general floatiness. Their design aesthetic doesn't even match unless you add armor to make them look slightly more Sentient.

Long story short. We already have Shadow Stalker who was bestowed sentient abilities from Hunhow. Whether he is wearing armor or not, he has to bepower his sentient powers from somewhere.

Sort of; Hunhow gave Stalker a chunk of himself, because that's what the Hunhow do. I imagine Stalkiepoo is very careful about his new buddy; I don't recall having ever seen him use Channeling in any of our fights, instead focusing on letting Hunhow handle all of the energy work, which explains why he has access to Spam Central's Power Use Division. Also explains why none of his abilities match his previous self; he won't use his old, Void-built set.

In the meantime, Stalker's situation fits section II-a in my outline of the matter; a living Sentient ally that is both alive and separate from the Warframe. Thank you for further pointing out that system's viability and lore-friendliness. 😊
On the side, I hope you're better rested in the morning; you're giving me a proper nerd workout, thank you.

And another piece that I haven't seen people mentioned is that the orokin themselves are the ones who engineered the sentient weakness to the void. What says that they can't undo it? Then there's Kuva which we know from the Gara lore, in some way can heal Sentients (due to being able to restore the permanent damage that prevented them from replication)

They can't do it because their scientists are dead. The only survivor closely enough related to the Sentient project is Ballas, and there are two reasons he cant/won't; he's not an Archimedian, and he knows better. There is one 'surviving' Archimedian; the Silver Grove, but she was not involved in Sentient R&D, as she was only brought on board long afterward specifically for Warframe development. She also seems unwilling to help any side in this fight, but is more amenable to us than our enemies. All of this together says she'll resist the Sentient with everything she has should they find her.
Lucky for her, the probability of her being Void infused due to the process that bound her there is pretty high, so the chances of the Sentient getting any information at all out of her are low, with useful information being even less likely.

Refined Temple Kuva (not just any Kuva, mind) was a source of hope for our dear Eidolon; a chance of being able to help, not a certainty. It was also a chance that didn't pan out, as it's what Gara used to destroy it in the end, so, no; that isn't a viable option either. Even if it were; taking into account that we still can't build our own warframes, timing and tech still get in our way, all this would do is make Sentient enemies even more of a nightmare, as they can now regenerate health and split into more Sentients... at least until you hit them with Void damage, then it's back to square one.

Please tell me if there's any way I can make my position clearer; I'm bad at losing my point in side tracks and excessive verbage, which is why I went for the outline previously.

Hello! This forum post is designed to criticize the current ability composition of the Warframe known as: Revenant/Vlad

Problem: This Warframe has two abilities right now that are counter productive, the abilities are his 1 and 3. I believe his 3 is a spreading affliction of mind control While this does sound cool I believe that using the 1 takes far too long for it to become useful to Vlad, as frames like Saryn and Equinox will clean up the map fairly, complete interrupting this ability. The cloud(2) that takes over all units however is much more effective because it can be done in a swift blow unlike the insidious effects Vlad's 1st ability, it allows you to take control of all units in a swift blow.

How to Fix: For Vlad's 1, in order for people to "cease fire" this ability should provide power strength that constantly stacks until the units explode, then a duration countdown will begin after the explosion for remaining power strength. As soon as said duration hits zero, the buff disperses. Range duration and power strength will all affect this ability. Vlad's health regen will increase over time as well per unit afflicted. (This can simply be changed to a whole new ability like vampire bites to increase health regen for x seconds (duration% & powerstrgth%). This ability has a very low health cost as well.

Second Ability problem: Ability forces you to use quick thinking/hunter adren/rage combo against higher enemies for survival. (Increasing shields and health may be pointless against level 100s unless his health and shields are beyond the normal amounts (5k ea with no armor).

Second ability Fix: I think it is a great Idea to implement this as a quick casting damage ability. One of my first propositions should be to cause ranged ticking (affliction) that drains enemy health into yours based off of (powerstr%). (health cost to cast has a negative reward unless you are hitting 5+ units or have high effic%)

3rd ability should be okay Where it is.

Fourth ability rework idea: Vlad/Revenant emits a massive siphon motion while channeling, he drains the health of nearby units (range%) and proceed to increase various stats permanently during the mission (power strength, energy, shields, not health, maybe even gun stats! etc...). This scaling would be VERY SLOW. Units have slower animations and movement speed! (Vlad cannot move while channeling (animation))

Passive: Vlad should have 20k health with no armor or negative armor, his passive should be powerstrength% increases and is additive (mods multiply to additive) with health (constant damage deters this and requires you to output constant damage. Also the base power strength should be low. This is VERY COMPLEX but would suit a health vampire frame. Also Vlad has little to no health regeneration

Ideas: The talk of Kuva is on this forum post, I think it would make sense to require Kuva to build Vlad (life force/vampire relationship).

In the end Vlad's Kit requires him to constantly drain health to increase his stats, he is an insidious frame like Nidus and requires health to emit power strength. This makes his 1 necessary for health maintenance as units can still damage him while he is stationary and channeling His 2 is his damage output and his 3 is the same. His 4 increases his stats SLOWLY overtime but requires health for power strength which he loses upon being shot. Basically his whole Kit is used nicely. He does not use energy as sentients are "allergic" to void energy, and is a parasite draining the energy of his victims like a real vampire.

@[DE]Steve Please take a look at my ideas! I know they may not be heard but I feel a lot of people on this forum would like him to use health as a energy source instead of actual void energy (He is part sentient!). Most of the programing would be hard... but it would be cool!

More to come shortly please check back.

Edited by Vladimir

3 minutes ago, (XB1)oOJeshuanOo said:

Well we can't really say anything yet, none of us 'cept Rebecca and Megan have played him.

Yep this is all from observation and I am just voicing ideas I understand (trying to think from a theory crafting perspective).

On 2018-06-01 at 3:00 PM, Zoh_Veldae said:

Probs gonna be vampire theme, yes.

My bet's on "Dhampyr", uses no energy, instead spending HP for abilities and the whole kit cycles around that.

Passive: Vlad should have 20k health with no armor or negative armor, his passive should be powerstrength% increases and is additive (mods multiply to additive) with health (constant damage deters this and requires you to output constant damage. Also the base power strength should be low. This is VERY COMPLEX but would suit a health vampire frame.

Edited by Vladimir

2 minutes ago, EchoesOfRain said:

Was really hoping we would have gotten some sort of update on Prime Time, considering all the feedback being pretty unanimous and the fact that Reb said changes were already on paper.

Hopefully friend I have seen a lot of people upset about the currently ability sets, I saw few ability discussion threads including mine on it though, so it may be just up to DE to figure out how to rework him.

Edited by Vladimir

Had an ability idea for Vladframe/Revengeance:

Wanted to tie in the idea of sentients incorporating objects/tech into themselves as with the Teralyst(s): What if he could rip off an enemy's weapon/component/limb/face🤪 and incorporate it into himself, giving himself another replacement ability? You could tie it in with his thrall ability too, by having the thralls be his source of components, working something like this:

SCENARIO 1

Vlad creates thralls

Vlad stuns/sleeps thralls

Vlad then walks up to a sleeping thrall and interacts with it, playing a short animation in which Vlad rips off the desired component, disintegrating the enemy.

This would limit new abilities to the distribution of enemies that can be controlled with the thrall ability.

OR

SCENARIO 2

Vlad has a dedicated "steal" ability, which functions like a finisher attack, instantly killing an applicable enemy.

During kill/finisher animation, Vlad takes the component and attaches it to himself

THEN

One of his abilities (maybe the sleep ability in scenario 1, the dedicated "steal" ability in scenario 2) is then replaced with another unique ability corresponding to the enemy killed.

This temporary ability doesn't use energy, but instead has a limited number of charges (3-5?) before the component breaks and a new component must be acquired.

You could tie the ability in quite well with his current design. The component could give a unique aesthetic to his left arm while it is active, merging with the wisps of energy on the left hand.

One big issue is how many unique abilities DE would want/be willing to design for one frame given this scenario. Basing it on faction (grineer, corpus, orokin...) would be simplest but I think there are more opportunities here that could turn this into a very fun and flexible frame.

That's my 2 cents, hope it helps!