Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

we have melee frames, even a frame that is centered on secondary weapons...

but we have no "heavy gunner" style warframe...

this is a observation i have been meaning to make for a while... we have tons of abilities but in so many cases power based gameplay is seperate from Primary weapons...

there is no frame that is specifically built to enchance and use primarys like Mesa is to secondaries... we need a rambo frame, a frame that is Grineer heavy gunner on Void powered steroids... we have weapon buffing frames but nothing like what mesa is to Secondaries or one that is focused on all ranged weapons.

we have space in the lore for a warframe that fits in with the grineer, maybe one that lead them into battle against the sentients. without a doubt such a tenno would have been taken out when the queens and the tenno themselves revolted.. but come on!

i also want a frame that can make use of Archwing weaponry... Archwing content gets so little attention. maybe as the frames Ultimate. energy drain equips archwing weapons and maybe also gives a damage or stat/crit multiplier. i would love to have the ability to walk around like a Heavy gunner in the Plains of Eidolon, shooting my grattler at targets and bursting aoe damage like my throwing weapons with that one mod. Most Archwing weapons are actually quite strong in terms of damage they can deal. Im sure there are people would would love trying a frame that can use the Fluctous against Infested... and the off meta Arch-guns might actually see use! i would love to try several of them but no one does Archwing missions (and those missions kinda suck)

also, can we please get an archwing overhaul after sacrifice is done? maybe to go along with the next open world? the mod sets have not even been completed still, we lack most of the dual stat mods for archweapons...

Edited by (PS4)ForNoPurpose

I'd like to hope that there is room for the basic ideas of a Primary Exalted Weapon,

and one for Archwing as they maybe converted to participate as other Primaries, getting reclassified as new Primaries.

10 minutes ago, kyori said:

If you consider Ivara, her 4 draws power from Primary weapon.

true, but in the same vein we have several "melee" frames. Valkyr, Excalibur, Wukong.

no reason we cannot have another frame that is all offense to complement the existence of stealth exalted bow using frame^^

7 minutes ago, (PS4)PsychopathRIP69 said:

Like your idea, I've wondered about a gunzerker type warframe like Salvador from borderlands 2. I think it could be an interesting concept 

i have actually thought the same thing, would be interesting to have a frame that can dual wield primary, but in the case of Warframe we have too many weapons that could not work with it.. Bows for example..  i would love to duelwield Ogris tho. we do sort of have this with Mirage tho, where we actually get two extra weapons in her hall of mirriors... that said, a frame that is truely like Salvador, where you would have two primary slots that you can equip two primary weapons that you use together... that would be really cool in this game if hard to balance.

the overall idea tho, we need a frame centered around the use of big guns!

Have you tried Defy Wukong / Assimilate Nyx?

Those can just stand there and let loose with any weapon, even Launchers, and just don't give a :poop: about damage

E.g. Inaros with Arcane Grace can similarly take his sweet time to mow down enemy hordes at his leasure.

And if you want to (simulate) a "heavy" weapon limiting your mobility, I guess there's the Hobbled Dragon Key lol.

I could totally see a heavy weapons platform Warframe.

Brainstorming ideas:

Name: Havoc

Looks: Very mecha-like and bulky, basicly. Male or female doesn't matter.

Passive - Warmachine - Has increased flat 10% critical chance for all of his/her ranged weaponry and abilities. Applies AFTER all modded values.

Ability 1) Firestorm - 25 energy. Onehanded cast. Launches out 6 homing missiles in quick succession (from shoulder-mounted launchers) in an erratic pattern (think Psychic Bolts in graphics, but with small rockets instead). Deals decent flat damage in an AoE, along with staggers/knockdown/mild ragdoll and destroying some armor and shields on all affected enemies.
For its cheap cost, Firestorm is rather powerful, and thus also has a 3 second reloadtimer (completely passive reloadtimer, so nothing you have to actively think about)
Augment: Deadlock - Enemies struck by Firestorm are temporarily disarmed and cannot move for X seconds.

Ability 2) Barrier - 0 energy. Havoc loses all his/her shields, but uses the shields to project a barrier in front of him/her (like Volt's shield when picked up). The barrier uses all your shield values (with recharging and everything) as its "health", along with buffing the barrier having X% damage resistance and his/her armor applies to its protection as well (so it's a lot more durable than ordinary shields).
Toggled ability, and while it costs no energy, neither to activate nor over time, it comes with the sacrifice of no longer having your shields giving you a 360 degree protection, for a stronger frontal protection instead. If the barrier's shields are depleted, the barrier obviously also disappears, but will reappear as a barrier once the shields are restored again (even if just 1 shield is brought back), unless toggled off ofc.
Basicly, a defensive ability with flexible and potentially supportive use, yet which isn't a nobrainer to leave on all the time (which also is the reason for having no energycost).
Augment: Reactive Barrier - If the Barrier is destroyed, it causes a shockwave, hurting and knocking down nearby enemies. This, however, costs X energy.

Ability 3) Blitz - 50 energy. Grants Havoc and nearby allies mild ammo-regen, along with increased rate of fire, reloadspeed and reduced recoil for X seconds. This will empower his/her Firestorm and Destroyer abilities too (Firestorm noticeably benefits from the reloadspeed bonus, but also launches the rockets out more rapidly due to the RoF increase).
Augment: Bulldozer - Blitz grants flat armor to all affected allies too (yes, this aids Havoc's Barrier too, and functions retroactively).

Ability 4) Destroyer - 25 energy + 5 energy per second. Basicly, reconstructs Havoc's right arm into an exalted minigun with explosive ammo. Makes you walk more slowly while active, holding the gun in a typical minigun-fashion (well, -ish), and the aim is low-zoom, along with low DoF (just like the aim of Arca Plasmor and Baza). Modded with primary mods, and has very high RoF, nice status and crits with moderate damage. Has windup before firing (during which it doesn't fire), but altfire allows you to toggle this wind-up to always be active, at the loss of the of some accuracy.
Augment: Obliteration - Enemies killed by Destroyer explode, dealing X% of their max health as Blast damage in an Y meter AoE.

Simple, yet destructively effective and naturally synergistic Warframe.

@(PS4)ForNoPurpose - What do you think about a Warframe like that?

TL;DR:

Passive - Grants critchance to all his/her ranged weapons and abilities
Ability 1 - Rocket Barrage (similar to Odanata #3, but with some utility too)
Ability 2 - Riot Shield which plays with your shields
Ability 3 - Ranged weapon buff
Ability 4 - Exalted Minigun

Edited by Azamagon

7 hours ago, kyori said:

If you consider Ivara, her 4 draws power from Primary weapon.

15 minutes ago, KokoroWish said:

Dex Pixia

Yep.  That's two right there.  Both utilize primaries and their exalted weapons behave in a manner very close to if not exactly like heavy guns.  

I for one want a sniper frame. One that works well for open world maps. No targeting range limit on abilities, but a range limit on the diameter of their effects. 

I've got a rough concept in mind, but no art work to accompany it so the chances of it going completely ignored are very high.  

My thought is have a unique twist on the exalted weapon, it's a primary weapon that's always out, and assimilates your primary weapon into it. 

Passive: 3 levels of zoom, up to 8x or 12x; all projectiles get +200% projectile speed, not affected by mods. so if your primary has a projectile speed mod on it like terminal velocity the total projectile speed would be 260% and not 200%+(200%*60%)

Figure it'd have a few utility abilities highlight enemies in a 30 degree view at infinite range, an ability with infinite mob punch thru in a straight line that doesn't punch thru walls, an ability that functions like buzzlock minus the crit bonus, possibly ivara's navigator, a small aerial bombard with no travel time activated at any distance from you , and possibly  a sniper's shield.  The exalted weapon would assimilate certain unique effects from primaries, and the 4th ability could either be the exalted weapons own unique rounds or a buff + augmentation of your equipped primarie's rounds, or both, haven't decided.

No other defensive abilities since its ranged and pretty powerful, but would have a decent energy pool/low energy costs and the highest base run speed of any frame, say 1.5. 

I was thinking the name Elero was cool

Titania and ivara are both examples of primary frames. Titania with her double machine guns, which are extremely powerful, and ivara with her barrage of arrows and abilities to control projectiles, both are exceptional primary frames.

I imagine though you were looking for a Heavy like in TF2. A suppression frame right? Or maybe just a BFG user. 

Titania goes right into an archwingesque playstyle, and any defensive frame with an Opticor or Arca Plasmor or Supra Vandal can fit the role. Feel free to leave ideas though of what you had in mind. I'd love it hear it, maybe add some balance and numbers to it, and then we'd haves ourselves a new frame. Would love a gatling/ mini gun frame. 

Surprised no one has mentioned the most obvious weapon buffers Rhino and Chroma.

I would like a weapon's platform frame though with their powers either fully geared towards buffing itself (ie [1 buffs rof] [2 doubles (or scales with strength) your damage mods only] [3 buffs elemental damage] [4 depending on your primary weapon type ???? don't really know what to put here you could go into the weapon's platform bit and go with missiles launching that are affected by primary weapon types or give an exalted mini-gun or give them a floating turret that is affected by primary weapon type giving you the adverse of what you have (ie running a sniper? turret is a rifle, running a rifle? turret is a sniper, running a shotgun? turret is a beam, running a beam? turret is a shotgun) You can have the turret like an exalted weapon be modified by your mods which would be interesting to see. The frame being heavily buff focused is that it can be squishy but if you want to not gimp it so much its passive could be related to how many buffs you have active affects your base armor or damage reduction if the frame gets high armor and things like that. Would be heavily geared towards just nuking range and going for pretty much around the same builds Chroma has (high duration/high strength)

As for teamplay they could have him have a kill count while his 1-2-3 are active that gradually spreads its buff to teammates and caps at 50% of whatever you have. This frame would technically invalidate Chroma which is why I mostly aimed for a glass cannon type of situation since that would give you a reason to choose between the two.

4 minutes ago, SirWolfen said:

Surprised no one has mentioned the most obvious weapon buffers Rhino and Chroma.

I would like a weapon's platform frame though with their powers either fully geared towards buffing itself (ie [1 buffs rof] [2 doubles (or scales with strength) your damage mods only] [3 buffs elemental damage] [4 depending on your primary weapon type ???? don't really know what to put here you could go into the weapon's platform bit and go with missiles launching that are affected by primary weapon types or give an exalted mini-gun or give them a floating turret that is affected by primary weapon type giving you the adverse of what you have (ie running a sniper? turret is a rifle, running a rifle? turret is a sniper, running a shotgun? turret is a beam, running a beam? turret is a shotgun) You can have the turret like an exalted weapon be modified by your mods which would be interesting to see. The frame being heavily buff focused is that it can be squishy but if you want to not gimp it so much its passive could be related to how many buffs you have active affects your base armor or damage reduction if the frame gets high armor and things like that. Would be heavily geared towards just nuking range and going for pretty much around the same builds Chroma has (high duration/high strength)

As for teamplay they could have him have a kill count while his 1-2-3 are active that gradually spreads its buff to teammates and caps at 50% of whatever you have. This frame would technically invalidate Chroma which is why I mostly aimed for a glass cannon type of situation since that would give you a reason to choose between the two.

How about the quickly brainstomed ideas I mentioned above (the 'frame called Havoc?)

3 hours ago, Azamagon said:

How about the quickly brainstomed ideas I mentioned above (the 'frame called Havoc?)

Falls more into the weapon's platform than mine due to being powers instead of just buffs. Actually would be pretty nice to have a more robot looking frame. DE really needs to mess around with frame bodies ~~in example a more square/bulky mech frame an egg frame that's just floating with energy limbs~~

21 minutes ago, YpsitheFlintsider said:

I'm waiting for my Tusk Grattler.

me too, but we could be waiting a while. personally I'd like it if DE scrapped Archwing and converted all Arch-weapons to normal ones. then we get our handheld Grattler and a whole bunch of weapons without losing Mastery points. be great if they' converted Archwings into Warframes, then elytron would be the High-explosive frame that I'm also waiting on.

a heavy gunner frame would certainly be interesting. might consider making a concept at some point.

13 hours ago, Azamagon said:

I could totally see a heavy weapons platform Warframe.

Brainstorming ideas:

Name: Havoc

Looks: Very mecha-like and bulky, basicly. Male or female doesn't matter.

Passive - Warmachine - Has increased flat 10% critical chance for all of his/her ranged weaponry and abilities. Applies AFTER all modded values.

Ability 1) Firestorm - 25 energy. Onehanded cast. Launches out 6 homing missiles in quick succession (from shoulder-mounted launchers) in an erratic pattern (think Psychic Bolts in graphics, but with small rockets instead). Deals decent flat damage in an AoE, along with staggers/knockdown/mild ragdoll and destroying some armor and shields on all affected enemies.
For its cheap cost, Firestorm is rather powerful, and thus also has a 3 second reloadtimer (completely passive reloadtimer, so nothing you have to actively think about)
Augment: Deadlock - Enemies struck by Firestorm are temporarily disarmed and cannot move for X seconds.

Ability 2) Barrier - 0 energy. Havoc loses all his/her shields, but uses the shields to project a barrier in front of him/her (like Volt's shield when picked up). The barrier uses all your shield values (with recharging and everything) as its "health", along with buffing the barrier having X% damage resistance and his/her armor applies to its protection as well (so it's a lot more durable than ordinary shields).
Toggled ability, and while it costs no energy, neither to activate nor over time, it comes with the sacrifice of no longer having your shields giving you a 360 degree protection, for a stronger frontal protection instead. If the barrier's shields are depleted, the barrier obviously also disappears, but will reappear as a barrier once the shields are restored again (even if just 1 shield is brought back), unless toggled off ofc.
Basicly, a defensive ability with flexible and potentially supportive use, yet which isn't a nobrainer to leave on all the time (which also is the reason for having no energycost).
Augment: Reactive Barrier - If the Barrier is destroyed, it causes a shockwave, hurting and knocking down nearby enemies. This, however, costs X energy.

Ability 3) Blitz - 50 energy. Grants Havoc and nearby allies mild ammo-regen, along with increased rate of fire, reloadspeed and reduced recoil for X seconds. This will empower his/her Firestorm and Destroyer abilities too (Firestorm noticeably benefits from the reloadspeed bonus, but also launches the rockets out more rapidly due to the RoF increase).
Augment: Bulldozer - Blitz grants flat armor to all affected allies too (yes, this aids Havoc's Barrier too, and functions retroactively).

Ability 4) Destroyer - 25 energy + 5 energy per second. Basicly, reconstructs Havoc's right arm into an exalted minigun with explosive ammo. Makes you walk more slowly while active, holding the gun in a typical minigun-fashion (well, -ish), and the aim is low-zoom, along with low DoF (just like the aim of Arca Plasmor and Baza). Modded with primary mods, and has very high RoF, nice status and crits with moderate damage. Has windup before firing (during which it doesn't fire), but altfire allows you to toggle this wind-up to always be active, at the loss of the of some accuracy.
Augment: Obliteration - Enemies killed by Destroyer explode, dealing X% of their max health as Blast damage in an Y meter AoE.

Simple, yet destructively effective and naturally synergistic Warframe.

@(PS4)ForNoPurpose - What do you think about a Warframe like that?

TL;DR:

Passive - Grants critchance to all his/her ranged weapons and abilities
Ability 1 - Rocket Barrage (similar to Odanata #3, but with some utility too)
Ability 2 - Riot Shield which plays with plays with your shields
Ability 3 - Ranged weapon buff
Ability 4 - Exalted Minigun

That sounds pretty good except for the passive. The passive feels like it would only work with maybe 50% of the weapons since status can be so amazing when done right. Instead of that I'd change it to "with every bullet fired he racks up a combo meter (like with melee) increasing his damage over time." Just think how well that would work with large clipped weapons and his "exalted minigun"

21 hours ago, (PS4)ForNoPurpose said:

but we have no "heavy gunner" style warframe...

this is a observation i have been meaning to make for a while... we have tons of abilities but in so many cases power based gameplay is seperate from Primary weapons...

there is no frame that is specifically built to enchance and use primarys like Mesa is to secondaries... we need a rambo frame, a frame that is Grineer heavy gunner on Void powered steroids... we have weapon buffing frames but nothing like what mesa is to Secondaries or one that is focused on all ranged weapons.

tumblr_o5u9wxKGS31sc0ffqo2_500.gif

Please! Let's this happen! I need I need! @(PS4)robotwars7 yes do a frame concept. 

image.gif?w=500&c=1

@Azamagon sick concept! Now gimme!

Edited by (XB1)RDeschain82

22 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Because the last frame to be directly taken from the fan concepts was Zephyr. Only have one frame doesn’t give a whole lot of confidence over whether or not out concepts matter.

Concepts may not make it into the game exactly as designed, but community creativity will constantly influence the devs' own creative processes. For example, Nidus is essentially an altered version of the popular concept frame Typhus. The Devs have publicly praised the Typhus design and, although for reasons unknown it never became a frame itself, its design and mechanics (stacks, infection, tethering) made their way into the game in other forms. Similarly, numerous frame reworks have mirrored fan ideas vaguely or exactly. A good example is Zephyr's recent update fusing Divebomb into Tailwind.

Besides all this, pondering the game's design and spitballing your own characters is a pretty cool creative activity. If you're discouraged because the devs probably won't take your exact ideas and transplant them into the game, your exapectations are a little too high. Sometimes it's just good fun to design a character. It's got me thinking myself now, maybe I'll concept a gunner frame.