The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Regardless if Anthem fails or not, it time to step up your game when it comes to Archwing, De.

(PSN)FriendSharkey

Archwing needs some quality of life changes, that became very evident with the reveal of Anthem, it's also been very "in your face" about its lackluster appeal out on the plains as well, thanks mostly to the Dargyn ...as it has proven a more suitable flight mechanic compared to the Archwing's issues. The weak weapons on the Dargyn is the only thing holding it back currently as a the to-go vehicle to transverse the map, if just not bullet jumping and timing your slides to get from point A to Point B. 

E3 likes to pump the hype, so take it with a grain of salt, but they the triple A studios took some lessons from Warframe and Destiny, while we know they will screw it up it's only a matter of time before some hungry developer out there gets it right...De you gotta let go a little and let players have some fun with mobility out on those massive maps. The Warthog is famous for a reason.

Grinding for drops and material is one thing, but the running to and fro when you introduced Archwing years ago just seems a little too timid for what Archwing could bring to these giant maps. I'd take a lower altitude if it came with better intuitive mobility like the speeder from "Return of the Jedi" or Destiny's sparrow as examples of  just so long as it's fun, engaging, and rewarding to use. 

The mods also need some pretty hefty buffs.
I mean.. 60% damage, 30% multishot?! come on man.

Personally, I'm just waiting for the moment when inter-ship space battles become a thing and we can use Archwing to board enemy vessels and destroy them from the inside. Aside from that, many Archwing modes that exist today have been left to gather dust for quite some time.

It does really need a revamp at some point, but DE has other things on their plate at the moment.

Just now, GinKenshin said:

it's unpopular, why should they spend resources on it? that' DE's thinking simple as that 

Catch-22. It's unpopular because it's unrefined/unfinished, so DE won't finish it because it's unpopular, and it's unpopular becase... you get the idea.

Just now, AEP8FlyBoy said:

Personally, I'm just waiting for the moment when inter-ship space battles become a thing and we can use Archwing to board enemy vessels and destroy them from the inside. Aside from that, many Archwing modes that exist today have been left to gather dust for quite some time.

It does really need a revamp at some point, but DE has other things on their plate at the moment.

I feel as if Archwing weapons should just use standard mods (and even Archwings themselves) and then rebalance the weapons to compensate. This would help the disconnect that Archwing currently suffers, and would mean that players don't need to invest in two sets of mods for niche situations

DE has: The Sacrifice, UI 3.0, Venus, the Tau System, and who-knows-what-else in the works right now so Archwing isn't their Prime Focus.

-The first step to make Archwing appealing is to make the Archwing Pod gear item reusable but with a cooldown. The only reason I never use the 600+ Archwing pods I've built is because I have no reason to when [Spoiler: Second Dream, War Within] can [cross the gap] more effectively and Dargyns are conveniently everywhere.
-The second is to size up Corpus Trenchways, rebalance enemies, and add more Archwing missions. 
-The third is to make Archwings and their weapons use normal mods instead of their own, downgraded mods which are a waste of resources both for DE's servers and our endo caches.
-The fourth is to add Space to Ship gameplay and vice-versa, as shown off via The Archwing (Quest) and J3 Golem bossfight.
-The final step is to make as many Archweapons work in normal gameplay as possible.

Edited by Koldraxon-732
Rearranged.

10 minutes ago, GinKenshin said:

it's unpopular, why should they spend resources on it? that' DE's thinking simple as that 

not doing anything about it wount help it , people are coming in and have hard time with archwing part of the game doing something about even if its little would be good

On 2018-06-11 at 11:48 PM, bad4youLT said:

not doing anything about it wount help it , people are coming in and have hard time with archwing part of the game doing something about even if its little would be good

On 2018-06-11 at 11:40 PM, GeoffFromAccounting said:

Catch-22. It's unpopular because it's unrefined/unfinished, so DE won't finish it because it's unpopular, and it's unpopular becase... you get the idea.

it's simply a risk they can't afford/don't wanna take 

as for the small stuff, your issue is DE's blind obsession with the sacrifices and venuses and the rest of the 'next big things' 

Edited by GinKenshin

I love flying my Amesha, supporting people on the ground of PoE or in any archwing missions. I hope we have more to do with archwings in venus and upcoming Sacrifice systems! I would definitely love to see more implementations of archwing in general and/or more variants of archwings!

3 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

Any other games mentioned during E3 that DE needs to copy?

Yeah, building bases from Fallout 76 for the Dojo...and Nidus can have a spin off similar to that game with the two yarn characters attached to each other. 

Edited by (PS4)FriendSharkey

Dargyn? Oh yeah one of the useless vehicles DE added when we have Archwings (Itzal Blink FTW). It's really awkward to see DE add vehicles when...we don't need them at all. They don't have a fraction of utility or practicality outside of delaying the inevitable grind for archwing charges (which I don't remember being that bad). :^) can't wait to not drive those Venus vehicles.

Outside of Archwing most people void dash around because it's just outright faster than bullet jump chains once you get all the passives and the recharge is negligible if using Zenurik.

I'm confused about the OP...and the title...  Does the OP want Archwing to become a bigger thing, or does the OP want Archwing to be easier to use?  Imo, Archwing on the plains is well implemented.  The Archwing mode to itself with those weapons...is ok.  Would rather have better action with Archwing, like a giant monster of a corpus boss that requires you to dodge around laser attacks and shoot at weak points.  I don't think the mechanics need as much work, but rather it's the game modes that need to feel more exciting.

The problem with Archwing is because of how low of scores it got on release (Everyone hated it) it's very doubtful people will ever go back to it. Same as conclave. This can be an issue for future reworks as people will not like it as much. 

45 minutes ago, GinKenshin said:

Not really. They added it to PoE, and I guarantee you they'll add it to Venus as well.

35 minutes ago, kyori said:

Anthem is an Ironman wannabe, nothing similar to Archwing. We even need to craft beacons to deploy archwing in PoE... so how does Anthem resembles Archwing???

Archwing doesn't resemble Anthem, but it should. The archwing flight model should be changed to something like Anthem's. It would be more fun. It also needs to be as accessible as Anthem (no grinding for the ability to fly and no invisible ceilings that push us down to the ground, just an invisible ceiling).

11 minutes ago, Synpai said:

Dargyn? Oh yeah one of the useless vehicles DE added when we have Archwings (Itzal Blink FTW). It's really awkward to see DE add vehicles when...we don't need them at all. They don't have a fraction of utility or practicality outside of delaying the inevitable grind for archwing charges (which I don't remember being that bad). :^) can't wait to not drive those Venus vehicles.

Outside of Archwing most people void dash around because it's just outright faster than bullet jump chains once you get all the passives and the recharge is negligible if using Zenurik.

Dargyns have a better flight model than Archwing. It makes them much more fun to fly around. Not everything is about speed. But I guess for a large section of the Warframe player base, gameplay experience isn't as important as moving through content as fast as possible so that you can get your rewards.

Edited by A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n

50 minutes ago, AEP8FlyBoy said:

You used to be able to take a potato-less weapon into Jordas Verdict and still expect to wreck most S#&$ in there. The percentages don't matter if the mode is built to counteract that anyway.

5 minutes ago, DarthBane1 said:

The problem with Archwing is because of how low of scores it got on release (Everyone hated it) it's very doubtful people will ever go back to it. Same as conclave. This can be an issue for future reworks as people will not like it as much. 

It's a shame because I loved Archwing from the minute they showed it off for the first time, and enjoyed it playing it.  I think it could use help... more mod variety being a major one - and they should delete that god awful Trench tileset because it's impossible to navigate without hitting every wall 3 times along the way.  Sharkwing needs to have it's slow as hell movement fixed because I've seen that play into people's opinions of AW as a whole - the biggest place that uses AW as content also slows it down to snail pace, and it's horrible implementation.

Otherwise what I think they need to do is another hybird tileset like Kuva Fortress... except... you know... actually have more AW then small gaps most people can just jump across and won't even know exist.  There's also several good places in the game they could use it but don't.... you know those rooms where the windows get blown up and the air starts to drain?  Imagine if those sucked you out the window and you have to deal with AW enemies and fight your way back in.  Imagine if we could assault Grinner and Corpus ships from the outside, much like a Famorian but on a smaller scale and as a mission type. 

1 hour ago, Koldraxon-732 said:

DE has: The Sacrifice, UI 3.0, Venus, the Tau System, and who-knows-what-else in the works right now so Archwing isn't their Prime Focus.

It should have been looked at long before now, when the initial newness wore off and the dissatisfaction was well evident that's when they should have fixed it

2 minutes ago, AzureTerra said:

It should have been looked at long before now, when the initial newness wore off and the dissatisfaction was well evident that's when they should have fixed it

What about conclave? They've made no effort to fix that.

2 hours ago, GinKenshin said:

"It is bad now so DE should not try to make it better"

Even if you don't think that yourself, the defeatist attitude helps nothing. You know why DE is so hesitant to put resources into Archwing? Probably has something to do with statements like that going around and people saying "just delete Archwing". No duh Archwing is unpopular, it is horribly implemented and has actually seen gameplay regression since its original release.

IMO, Arching could and should be a defining feature of Warframe, something that is synonymous with the gameplay not an irrelevant side mode. This would take a ton of work, main feature of a main-line update amount of work, but it could be worth it and I would gladly put another open world or cinematic quest on hold for Archwing 3.0.

2 hours ago, Nighttide77 said:

I'm confused about the OP...and the title...  Does the OP want Archwing to become a bigger thing, or does the OP want Archwing to be easier to use?  Imo, Archwing on the plains is well implemented.  The Archwing mode to itself with those weapons...is ok.  Would rather have better action with Archwing, like a giant monster of a corpus boss that requires you to dodge around laser attacks and shoot at weak points.  I don't think the mechanics need as much work, but rather it's the game modes that need to feel more exciting.

Hmmm...somewhere between the ease of the Sparrow from Destiny, but the fun and awesome of Armored Core's mech jet skating, but over the hills of POE.