Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra Scarf and Details Toggle

Alaeacus

Honestly, Excalibur Umbra seems to be abandoned by DE in terms of visuals. His textures still haven't been updated (Sunder helmet looks more detailed than regular helm and body). His Radial Javelin still uses Exalted Prime Blade model. Weapon holsters have never been adjusted for his body (for example, quivers fall through his back).

• Like 3

DE - "We listen to our community!"

the community - "ok can we have a scarf/prime details toggle for umbra? it absolutely destroys many excalibur skins and i don't want to be forced into using default excalibur."

*absolutely nothing, not even a response*

also the community - "mesa's ass is a little wrong"

*DE arrives at 800mph and fixes her ass*

also also the community - "why doesn't mesa prime have a prime toggle"

*DE writes up a full blog post why not and eventually delivers a prime toggle after the holiday break, about a month of time distance (counting the holiday)*

it isn't impossible DE, why can't you deliver on this one thing? why am i still here after months upon months of waiting for you to deliver on one tweak?

why are you not even responding to us, even with a "yeah" or "nah" like how mesa prime was handled.

"but umbra's scarf is part of who he is! he wouldn't want it removed!" is a common response i see, but then why is umbra fine with us painting him neon pink and giving him butterfly wings when he's (essentially) a legendary warrior? also the scarf wasn't even mentioned in the quest, his son wasn't wearing it nor did anyone gift it to him, it's merely a stylistic addition to the frame that has horrible clipping issues and ruins many tennogen skins.

"but umbra isn't a prime! he can't have a prime toggle if he's not a prime!", this one just angers me because umbra is essentially the non-founder version of excalibur prime, he has gold bits, different polarities and improved stats. the only differences between him and a prime is his unique passive and remade second ability (that does the exact same as radial blind, but with a different animation). rename it to umbra toggle if calling it a prime toggle really gets on your nerves.

Edited by Refticus
  • Like 4

On 2019-06-23 at 12:11 PM, Refticus said:

DE - "We listen to our community!"

the community - "ok can we have a scarf/prime details toggle for umbra? it absolutely destroys many excalibur skins and i don't want to be forced into using default excalibur."

*absolutely nothing, not even a response*

also the community - "mesa's ass is a little wrong"

*DE arrives at 800mph and fixes her ass*

also also the community - "why doesn't mesa prime have a prime toggle"

*DE writes up a full blog post why not and eventually delivers a prime toggle after the holiday break, about a month of time distance (counting the holiday)*

it isn't impossible DE, why can't you deliver on this one thing? why am i still here after months upon months of waiting for you to deliver on one tweak?

why are you not even responding to us, even with a "yeah" or "nah" like how mesa prime was handled.

"but umbra's scarf is part of who he is! he wouldn't want it removed!" is a common response i see, but then why is umbra fine with us painting him neon pink and giving him butterfly wings when he's (essentially) a legendary warrior? also the scarf wasn't even mentioned in the quest, his son wasn't wearing it nor did anyone gift it to him, it's merely a stylistic addition to the frame that has horrible clipping issues and ruins many tennogen skins.

"but umbra isn't a prime! he can't have a prime toggle if he's not a prime!", this one just angers me because umbra is essentially the non-founder version of excalibur prime, he has gold bits, different polarities and improved stats. the only differences between him and a prime is his unique passive and remade second ability (that does the exact same as radial blind, but with a different animation). rename it to umbra toggle if calling it a prime toggle really gets on your nerves.

Indeed. I wish DE would give us this. The clipping is absolutely horrible, especially with syandanas. 

• Like 1

why can i not disable umbras scarf? i want to use the excal proto skin but it looks out of place to have that damn scarf there. i love the scarf on Umbra, but not on prisma excal, dexcalibur, normal excal, or the Hayden Tenno skin. it should be an option to disable it. ive been using normal excal for any time i want to have a skin on but id like to have the stat increase and umbra polarities(+ radial howl) without having to use the umbra skin.

Umbra is great, and so is the scarf, but id like to be able to have a prime accessories toggle like on every prime frame ever.

also if you forma umbra and then have to switch to an unformaed excal for a skin that would suck

unknown.png 

this is my first thread so if I created it wrong go easy on me. 

I’m making this post because with the coming of this skin to warframe, I have a few small concerns about umbra. At the moment there is no way to take off his prime ornaments or scarf. This leads to a lot of clipping with other syandana. looking at the back of this skin makes me even more worried due to there being seemingly no room for the scarf to not clip. As for the sickles, I personally never liked them. They seem dumb to me and clip at times with my weapons. Excal umbra is practically a prime so he should have these options.

either that or make it so you have a copy of every skin with and without the scarf.

Edited by (PS4)assassin4life232

scarf has been a major issue from release of umbra. a lot of complains about removing it espcially on proto and tennogens as it takes a lot of space from the torso where is what mainly is seen. this skin is far from being done I mena titania was showed last year tennocon and now again which shows that this one could take some time to make. About correct section I feel lits okay but maybe art/animation would be more fit cause its only looks-based, but this place works too

• Like 3

1 hour ago, (PS4)assassin4life232 said:

this is my first thread so if I created it wrong go easy on me. 

I’m making this post because with the coming of this skin to warframe, I have a few small concerns about umbra. At the moment there is no way to take off his prime ornaments or scarf. This leads to a lot of clipping with other syandana. looking at the back of this skin makes me even more worried due to there being seemingly no room for the scarf to not clip. As for the sickles, I personally never liked them. They seem dumb to me and clip at times with my weapons. Excal umbra is practically a prime so he should have these options.

either that or make it so you have a copy of every skin with and without the scarf.

Wait, THAT skin is coming to my boy?!?  For the love of God PLEASE DE.  Take notice of my thread and do something about the scarf before this arrives.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, AwkwardLazarow said:

scarf has been a major issue from release of umbra. a lot of complains about removing it espcially on proto and tennogens as it takes a lot of space from the torso where is what mainly is seen. this skin is far from being done I mena titania was showed last year tennocon and now again which shows that this one could take some time to make. About correct section I feel lits okay but maybe art/animation would be more fit cause its only looks-based, but this place works too

Thank you for the response. I know it’s been a problem for people for a while. Just thought 1 more voice wouldn’t hurt. I usually love the scarf but for that skin, I foresee it ruining it. Next time I post I’ll look a little more for the right options

I think that we need a button for toggling the parts of umbra (like the "Toggle Prime Parts" button). If someone wants the natural look without the scarf and the gold parts they could press it and they wouldn't need to switch to normal excalibur who is not as good as umbra and doesn't have the 3 umbra polarities. 

3 hours ago, UnbridledWings said:

You could always use the "excalibur" skin on umbra... pretty sure its available by default when you get him, and then customize from there. 

Yes you can but the scarf stays with it

3 hours ago, peterc3 said:

The scarf is part of the few things that make Umbra, Umbra. They aren't going to let you remove it.

Considering this logic, prime parts are the thing that make primes, primes. They let you remove prime parts. I know it would be weird but the new deluxe coming up and some of the other skins are aweful with the scarf.