Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra Scarf and Details Toggle

Alaeacus

the one year anniversary of this thread is coming up on the 13th, and we've had zero progress on this goal. in that time, we could have at least got one response from DE, but we've got absolutely nothing, not here, not on twitter, not on the subreddit.

all i want to know is; why are you avoiding this thread DE? over that one year period one of you must have seen this thread and clicked on it, only to realise that there's still a demand for a minor feature a good chunk of your players have been begging for. we're not asking for a complete overhaul of the game or something massive, this is a simple treatment that every other warframe variant has received over the years. it's not impossible as mesa prime got the exact treatment we have been looking for and that took a week if you don't count the winter break.

with the announcement of excalibur's deluxe skin, there's already increased concern over this, people are starting to realise how much umbra's prime/extra details destroy deluxe and tennogen skins and they don't want that to happen to the planned deluxe skin, and they also don't want to be forced to play a statistically inferior version of a frame they enjoy just to look better. i can tell you right now, that if this issue isn't resolved by that deluxe skin release, there's going to be a lot of complaints on the forums asking for what we've been telling you for a year now.

so why not just do it? why not give a response? why not give this one tiny, little, itsy-bitsy task to someone on your massive art team and get it over with in like a week (or in the worst case scenario, a month)? it doesn't have to be an exact, detailed reason, just give us answers.

• Like 2

On 2019-06-17 at 2:54 AM, Son_of_Anubis said:

No.

I love my crotch scarf so NO

Why do you say no, if you could just leave it on? I don't want them to remove the scarf entirely from the other skins... just make it toggleable

On 2019-05-02 at 7:15 PM, Fallskaar said:

I feel so frustrated when I put a Tennogen skin on the Excalibur Umbra by the simple fact that the Umbra details of it covers almost the entire skin. And I also feel bad for the artists who took the time to make these incredible skins, only to have the work totally covered when placed in the Exalibur Umbra.
Please DE we already have the option to hide the details in the Prime Warframes, just give us the option to do the same with our beloved Excalibur Umbra.....pls? ❤️

Just text is boring,here some pictures for comparison:

LAxbwII.jpg

AqDGJuk.jpg

bZInpeR.jpg

Sorry for any typos, English is not my main language. And thanks for your time. ✌️

Seeing this post reaffirmed my thoughts. It seems to be just a simple model swap that’s needed. they just need to give us the two to choose from. 

As for it not not making umbra just another skin, prime frames can strip themselves of their prime bits and chroma dynasty skin is far from source material. My point is a frame clearly doesn’t need to be recognizable for it to be that frame.

Bear in mind also, that a new Excalibur Deluxe skin is in the works. If Umbra ornaments, scarf and tabard is poking out all over the place, that skin will be a lot less enticing.

playwarframe_65571491_410254622910780_87

I won't lie, though. The pipe smoking idle animation alone would be worth the price of the entire bundle.

• Like 1

I'm still wondering why the heck this hasn't been taken care of. Umbra's basically a prime in its own right, nobody's gonna use regular Excal in place of Umbra anyway (unless, maybe for the Prime if you have it).

And now with a skin being announced with that much clothing... it makes no sense.

7 hours ago, killermarci said:

Why do you say no, if you could just leave it on? I don't want them to remove the scarf entirely from the other skins... just make it toggleable

How would you tell a normal excalibur from a umbra excalibur if you do that? That is one of the major reason DE ignore these requests. That his defining feature you remove it you have a simple excalibur until you leave the suit and go operator. 

15 hours ago, Son_of_Anubis said:

How would you tell a normal excalibur from a umbra excalibur if you do that? That is one of the major reason DE ignore these requests. That his defining feature you remove it you have a simple excalibur until you leave the suit and go operator. 

Why does he need to be recognizable? If primes can look just like their normal counterparts, why not umbra? What makes umbra untouchable while other frames aren’t. As I said in my post up a ways. Tennogen and deluxe skins are now becoming way different from source material, so why not embrace more options rather than limiting people’s choices and making it so they don’t get their money’s worth when they buy a skin or syandanna by parts of the scarf clipping in. 

I for one love the scarf on umbra but looking at the new skin from tennoconplaywarframe_65571491_410254622910780_87

I can already see where the clipping is going to be a massive problem. I shouldn’t have to forma my regular Excalibur multiple times just so I can use this skin the way I want to. Just making the option won’t hurt anyone and I don’t really see why we need to be able to instantly tell one frame from another because if that’s the case, some tennogen shouldn’t be allowed at all.

lastly if it is so important to anyone what frame I or another is using there are multiple ways to tell them apart such as radial howl, his different exalted blade, the map markers, or even the equipment tabs at the top of the pause menu.

Edited by (PS4)assassin4life232
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Son_of_Anubis said:

That is one of the major reason DE ignore these requests.

I see you possess some insider info. Could you be so kind to name a reason to not update Umbra's body and regular helm textures to Sunder helmet level?

(Sunder helmet)

0pBnV0v.jpg

(Regular helmet and body)

FkZJZPu.jpg

Fon14fr.jpg

I'd also love to know why Umbra's Radial Javelin uses Exalted Prime Blade model.

Edited by Ksaero

7 hours ago, Son_of_Anubis said:

If this is your argument, it is poor.  Every single Prime warframe can use the skin of their normal non-Prime version.  Most prime frames can have their metallic pieces hidden as well.  DE has been removing the "defining features" from Prime warframes for years in cosmetics.  Now all of a sudden they choose to "take a stand" on Umbra?  That's so idiotic and nonsensical, that you have to use irrational conjecture to justify the decision.  

Put the Oberon Feyarch Deluxe skin on Oberon Prime.  Can you see any of his Prime metallic pieces?  No.  No you can't.  

Edited by Alaeacus

12 hours ago, Son_of_Anubis said:

By seeing their loadout i guess? I mean, since when does recognizing a normal frame and their upgrade/better version matters anyway. Your whole argument only makes sense IF there was no toggle button for the prime frames

Edited by (PS4)Ares_Knightmare

Digging this back up because I don't want to make yet another forum on this.

The more I fiddle with Umbra (Because Excalibur is basically my favorite frame), the more obvious it becomes that Umbra and Base Excalibur are too aesthetically different to play proper Fashionframe with each other. Base Excalibur's helmet and skins revolve around the "plain" look Excalibur has, keeping the designs relatively skin-tight and often times lacking the "lustrous" accents. Umbra flips that design on its head by adding multiple lustrous accents, distinct protrusions, and a flowing scarf that cleaves down the middle of the body. On Umbra it is absolutely beautiful, but when trying to mingle with Excalibur's other skins it completely throws off the balance and causes ugly clashing with the accents.

The really weird thing though is that this would be a relatively easy hotfix for DE. All the components of Base and Umbra share the same texture/mesh (save for Umbra's unique skin), with Umbra's unique parts just being slapped over the base skins. It'd basically be one big copy-paste job. The only way it could possibly be tricky is if they linked Radial Blind/Howl to the toggle.

Bumping this topic even further. To any naysayers that believe the Umbra Detail Toggle shouldn't exist in the future for Excalibur or any other Warframe, kindly explain to me why Primes have it. Should players not have the Prime Detail Toggle then? Removing cosmetic customization options will benefit no one, so properly adjust your mindset please.

16 hours ago, (PS4)IndianChiefJeff said:

Bumping this topic even further. To any naysayers that believe the Umbra Detail Toggle shouldn't exist in the future for Excalibur or any other Warframe, kindly explain to me why Primes have it. Should players not have the Prime Detail Toggle then? Removing cosmetic customization options will benefit no one, so properly adjust your mindset please.

I'm in total agreement to that. Pretty much every argument resisting this change boils down to "Because its Umbra and not Base".

So? Just because a few people are purists doesn't mean everyone is. The sheer amount of comments and threads asking for this single change is proof of that. If some players want Umbra to look like Umbra, all the power to them. If some people want to make Umbra resemble Base, they should have a right to do that like most other upgraded Frames.

In the end its all about freedom of choice. Players should have the right to choose their Fashionframe without having to sacrifice base stats to get it.

Thanks to everyone for all the feedback on this in the past year, and (although delayed!) we would like to take the time to address what is a slightly tricky topic. We understand the frustration of the current inability to better customize Excal Umbra’s fashion, and the inconsistency this Frame has faced in comparison to others. In the past, our rule of thumb has been to allow for Prime Frames to have toggle options for TennoGen as TennoGen artists do not have the Prime Models to work with. 

While fashionable, Umbra’s overrides take away from overall potential looks of this unique Frame when combined with other skins. We would like to provide the option to toggle Umbra Scarf and Crescents on/off - and here’s how we’re going to do it: on Skins, the Umbra details will now be off by default, and you will be able to toggle these on as you so choose. As Excalibur Umbra has not followed the “true” Prime Frame rules, this process has been a bit complex, but we have used the tools that we have available to make this work. When you see ‘Toggle Prime Details’ on the Excalibur Umbra, know that it means ‘Scarf ‘n’ Stuff’! Hope you all enjoy the change!

• Like 25

Really hoping the toggle option will also be applicable to the standard Excal, Proto-Excal and immortal skin because I currently use vanilla Excal on my Umbra and I would infinitely prefer giving us the option to have the toggle available for the non-Tennogen no matter what
(This should also apply to ALL the other Primes and their non-Tennogen skins period)

Edited by That1Cactus
  • Like 3

So im trying to mimic the shadow stalker since the body is very similar, however, the scarf kinda gets in the way, could it be changed to an auxilary item or something? Like chromas delux wing thing.

Edited by XxElite2015xX

Can we have a separate toggle for the Scarf and for the other parts? Me, I like the scarf and DON'T like the random giant metal "U's" everywhere.

Edit: Maybe make the scarf a unique equip like Nekros and Valkyr's with it's own slot?

Edited by Cradicias
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, Cradicias said:

Can we have a separate toggle for the Scarf and for the other parts? Me, I like the scarf and DON'T like the random giant metal "U's" everywhere.

Edit: Maybe make the scarf a unique equip like Nekros and Valkyr's with it's own slot?

I'd say just be happy with this for now. Asking for more stuff right after our prayers are finally answered could be a bit demoralizing. At least now we can finally put on our nostalgic Fashionframes while keeping the upgraded stats!

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, (XB1)alchemPyro said:

I'd say just be happy with this for now. Asking for more stuff right after our prayers are finally answered could be a bit demoralizing. At least now we can finally put on our nostalgic Fashionframes while keeping the upgraded stats!

Oh, I won't complain if that's all we get, but it's better they know that people want the option to still have the scarf without the U's so that they can maybe include it or work on it later. The squeaky wheel gets the grease, as the saying goes.

• Like 3