Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sooo... Garuda. (bit of spoiler)

mikakor

beside the fact that her name makes me think of "gerudo valley" from Zelda OOT...

What are you waiting, for her? like her attacks, how she will look in game, her lore...

i personally hope that she will be introduced throught a quest, like Octavia. telling her story, how she turned into a Warframe... like making a dive into her personality, how she was, as a human ( or as an orokin/dax/whatever ). showing in the quest how bloody and with a lustful thirst of blood she had. i just want to FEEL the psychopathy and the love of killing from it. something really messed up and tells "Hey baby, wanna come with me? were gonna have a lot of fun tonight~" and that the fun being you two damn slaughtering throught the entire solar system just for the fun of killing

what's your expectations on her?

( even more better if you can hear her laughing joyfully or happily while killing )

Edited by mikakor
why not

I don't think she'll be the manic type of psychopath. At tennocon they compared her to valkyr as the difference between rage and indifference. Her personality is going to be cold I'm sure. I am curious to see her in action though, we do leave a lot for her to work with just strewn about the place during the average mission.

4 minutes ago, Omega-Shadowblade said:

I don't think she'll be the manic type of psychopath. At tennocon they compared her to valkyr as the difference between rage and indifference. Her personality is going to be cold I'm sure. I am curious to see her in action though, we do leave a lot for her to work with just strewn about the place during the average mission.

beeeeh!! we already got enough stoic people, a more colorful and crazy like "happy" frame in what she did would be better, imo ^^ but with what the devs said, maybe, yeah. i hope not, tho!

Well the name Garuda is from Hindu and its the name of a Legendary Bird that is said to rule all feathered creatures aka the King of Birds. Her concept is a professional and elegant assassin who does the job and leaves a bloody mess. She also seems to come with three bladed claws that kinda probably represents the Talons of a hawk in keeping with her name and theme. She'll probably focus heavily on DOTs and applying debuffs, her claws may also be a exalted weapon or its a new melee to accompany her.

I'd be very surprised if she didn't have a way to set up finishers, like radial blind, paralysis, pocket sand, ect.

beyond that from the art she looks like she'll be using meat shields, it could just be art, but that would be a unique ability and it would tie in with birds seeing how shrikes like to impale their food

if she gets an exalted weapon with her claws/fists I hope the stance is fun to use

I'd like to see what she's doing in her concept art.

Impale enemy with stretchy claws, pull it back in ragdoll form, use as frontal shield that you can throw or discard after a duration. With each enemy killed by your claws or being your meat shield, she gets stronger in some shape or form.

What I expect from Garuda is Slash Procing Abilities that can make us slice every body Limb on to the Floor while watching Blood Coming out of the Enemy's Corpses, and a way of Life Steal. Also Plenty of synergy (Hoping for that, Pablo).

Well Garuda is supposed to play with her prey right? I have the impression that she would have a mechanic to grapple an enemy and throw it at another enemy for damage and keks, Am I the only one here?https://goo.gl/images/BGNwSa 8D

I mean imagine throwing a bursa at a corpus crewman, that would be funny

Edited by DrReallyNoob

4 hours ago, Keagian said:

Well the name Garuda is from Hindu and its the name of a Legendary Bird that is said to rule all feathered creatures aka the King of Birds. Her concept is a professional and elegant assassin who does the job and leaves a bloody mess. She also seems to come with three bladed claws that kinda probably represents the Talons of a hawk in keeping with her name and theme. She'll probably focus heavily on DOTs and applying debuffs, her claws may also be a exalted weapon or its a new melee to accompany her.

If those badass talons shown in the concept art aren't exalted weapons and are their own thing, please please please please DE don't male them complete garbage like khora's pistol.

Umbra warframes were former humans. Garuda is a normal warframe, so making her quest similar to The Sacrifice doesnt make sense. 

Quests that focus the personally of a warframe (titania, mirage, inaros) are about the operator who used them, not the person who was used as a template in the creation process.

1 hour ago, PumpySpammington said:

Umbra warframes were former humans. Garuda is a normal warframe, so making her quest similar to The Sacrifice doesnt make sense. 

Quests that focus the personally of a warframe (titania, mirage, inaros) are about the operator who used them, not the person who was used as a template in the creation process.

Maybe..... but given the way the Mirage Prime trailer talks about Mirage ..... I would not be surprised in the least if we see a Mirage Umbra in the future 

Assuming that the Warframes by are by and large some form of gestalt, the Operator would likeley have as much influence over the frames "personality" as the original "host". At least until such a time that DE announces they are done Umbraing things or goes into more detail about how the standard frames are made, we can't possibly know. 

For all we know the only difference between an Umbra and a standard frame is that the Orokin figured out how to create a frame from a living host without the trauma caused by the initial process that resulted in the Umbras. So all of the "normal" frames could well still be Soylent Green just with significantly less emotional baggage.

2 hours ago, PumpySpammington said:

Umbra warframes were former humans. Garuda is a normal warframe

Please don't be silly!

All of the frames are made from the dax soldiers even the normal ones(if not then from what are the normal ones made of,space magic?).The reason the excal umbra is differened is because he has one of his memories intact do to the burning rage of the most emotional moment in his life.

As for the Garuda frame i would love a quest for her,even a mini one that shows why she is the living nightmare leaving nothing but gore chenes :D

Edited by Heiven

3 minutes ago, Heiven said:

Please don't be silly!

All of the frames are made from the dax soldiers even the normal ones(if not then from what are the normal ones made of,space magic?).The reason the excal umbra is different is because he has one of his memories intact do to the burning rage of the most emotional moment in his life.

I'm fairly certain only the original Primes (and Umbras when the come) are directly made from infesting a person. The biological components of the frames we make in the foundry are likely just infested bio-copies of the original frames DNA template, generated by the Helminth.

This may only be me, but when Garuda was first introduced the first thought I had was a frame that "danced". When they described her they used gore and elegant, and with her design I thought those claws of hers were similar to a dancer with fans. I thought it even more when they talked about how she could use a meat shield, and I thought of it being a partner she dances with. Its probably me just wanting a dancing frame, but everything they said made me think that she puts on a show when she fights, something thats elegant with her movments, but intense and bloody with her execution of her enemies.

Edited by (XB1)FluffyyBunny22

I am hoping to expect Garuda as a Gore-themed frame to be Arbiters of Hexis Quest since Arbiters of Hexis Syandana is the dripping Blood animation.

Also since the only 3 Syndicates without a Quest are Steel Meridian, Arbiters of Hexis, and Conclave. 

*Hoping DE decides to just Make a Lunaro -based Warframe to get the Arcata into PvE, while avoiding the Ball spawning issue by making it an ability.

I would love to see Garuda have a theme similar to [Prototype] where her claws are used to shred through/impale her enemies while absorbing their biomass/parts to make herself stronger. Maybe having an ability similar to Titania where impaling/grabbing a single target will give you passive bonuses depending on enemy type?

Overall I hope she's a frame which hits fast and hard, and has the ability to scale along with the trail of bodies/dismembered limbs she leaves behind. Since her theme seems to imply she'll be getting up close and personal to the enemy, I also hope she'll also have some way to either avoid or mitigate damage for higher level content.

Well ... personally from her release i expect her to: 

1. Have an ability that uses enemies corpses to heal herself and boost her armor OR use those corpses to create something like Rhino's iron skin.

2. Her claws being exalted weapons.

3. A lot of stabbing and bleeding.

4. Everytime you play her, this song appears and enters into in an infinite loop until the mission ends.