Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Are Kavats better than Kubrow?

I don't use either. Overall I think kavats are better because of their buffs. Kubrows from my experience were all about attacking and brawling but in a game about mass murder a dog spending time attacking one target when you could kill 15 in that time isn't much use. While the kavat would do the same they'd also give you buffs like better cc and even more/better loot. That's just my two cents though.

I'd have to say... yes. Mostly since the Smeeta Kavat offers some nice buffs, especially the one where you get extra rare resources.

For a game where grinding is everything, that extra rare resource is a blessing for new players, not so much for those who have 1000+ hours but still good!

Kavats have better precepts, can completely remove armor in one hit, and both their regular melee attacks and their armor-shredding attack can become cleaving (that is, capable of hitting more than one enemy at once).

Kubrows... have better Health / Armor / Shields, and that's seriously it. If you want a tanky companion, just get a Helminth Charger. They're even tankier and their precepts are generally more useful on account of featuring minor CC, though they're still not quite as useful as a Kavat.

I personally use my Smeeta Kavat the most and my Kubrows are just mastery fodder as bad as they sounds. Sure not having vacuum took some time to get used to, I'm not as reliant on it as I used to be. Although my Kavat likes to think it's a real cat and just start at the wall for most of the mission haha.

nothing can really beat a cats crit chance.. except maybe vacuum. i seem to get the extra 100% crit chance quite often with smeeta, adarza gives you 60% more consistently. when mining smeeta is pretty amazing for the double drops. happens more often than i figured it would when i started trying it out.

that said i cant even get an adarza kavat. have went through like 50 dna. at least i got a smeeta kitty though

53 minutes ago, Talinthis said:

nothing can really beat a cats crit chance.. except maybe vacuum. i seem to get the extra 100% crit chance quite often with smeeta, adarza gives you 60% more consistently. when mining smeeta is pretty amazing for the double drops. happens more often than i figured it would when i started trying it out.

that said i cant even get an adarza kavat. have went through like 50 dna. at least i got a smeeta kitty though

If you don't care about the look, you can buy a pair of imprints for about 50p. I bought my "uglily" cute cat with 30P and i sold my imprints for 30p considering how it looks LOL. But the buyer later typed me how satisfied he is with the cat and said my cat is nice so it is true that beauty is in the eye of the beholder. 

"Are Kavats better-" Yes.

They spam armor strip, have great defensive/tanking capabilities, and the buffs they provide are huge.  Smeeta is overrated, but never to be underestimated.  Adarza is a powerfully consistent companion that can make any weapon into a regular crit machine.

Kubrows are... well in comparison they're garbage.  They rely on raw stats to survive, which doesn't really work past a certain point, and only a few have precepts worth taking them along for, but it's usually just that one gimmick.  Kubrows would need some Kubrow-wide-specific precepts that One might consider invaluable to truly justify taking them over a Kavat, otherwise, you might as well just haul along a sentinel.

13 hours ago, (PS4)EpICFreeDoMZz said:

I don't use either. Overall I think kavats are better because of their buffs. Kubrows from my experience were all about attacking and brawling but in a game about mass murder a dog spending time attacking one target when you could kill 15 in that time isn't much use. While the kavat would do the same they'd also give you buffs like better cc and even more/better loot. That's just my two cents though.

You really should use kavats for at least some things... they are a significant help for stuff like kuva farming they can double your benefit, and eso smeeta can make 1 round 150k++ focus and the adarza kavat can help in eidolon hunting quite a bit cats eye buff is a group crit buff 4 cats around and you have it up most of the time.

and yes kubros are sadly trash... I used To use huras in the lor trial, however thats dead now, the raska kubrow was pretty decent cc but they just don't compare at all to kavats, sentinels beat kubrows.

This shouldn't even be a discussion, the armor strip alone make kavats leagues above kubrows. A reason to use kubrows over kavats doesn't exist unless you really really really love dogs over cats.

2 hours ago, (PS4)Eluminary said:

You really should use kavats for at least some things... they are a significant help for stuff like kuva farming they can double your benefit, and eso smeeta can make 1 round 150k++ focus and the adarza kavat can help in eidolon hunting quite a bit cats eye buff is a group crit buff 4 cats around and you have it up most of the time.

and yes kubros are sadly trash... I used To use huras in the lor trial, however thats dead now, the raska kubrow was pretty decent cc but they just don't compare at all to kavats, sentinels beat kubrows.

I honestly have no need for them. I don't have an adraza, and I don't play ESO. As for kuva and other resources I dont really need them. Kuva I get enough from sorties and barely reroll rivens. To me vacuum just outright beats pets😂 but if I had something I needed then yes I would use my kavat.

Utility definately favors Kavats.  

Kubrows have a BIG damage advantage but that could possibly get countered by Adarza's crit ability.....  however Hunter Recovery + huge damage = you invincible as long as you dont get one hit.   Kavat mostly keeps me healthy just fine,  sometimes it has trouble pathing/attacking which makes me run around like crazy lol. 

I roll with smeeta.  That cat does soooo much crap..   

It depends on what do you want from your companion.

I have found myself running my huras kubrow because Howl is very very stupid and shield help a lot for me because I run trinity and I prefer when I only have to take care of health for myself, and everything else for others, so with mitigation I am more safe because you actually remove your mitigation for a second when you recast blessing.

Kavats on the other hand, provide you with dubious amounts of damage, which I don't need in the era of such mods as Hunter's Munitions and Rivens (for example on my attica). I can remove lvl150 tanks reliably with gun alone, not counting Abating Link I use a lot, and else. To each their own, people love their aoe guns, which are inferior in that regard.

Sadly, when you are breeding a kubrow, you can end up with a sunika. Yes. one slash proc with a full hunter set and a mob is just gone one by one, but attacks take time to execute on kubrows and we can't mod up the attack speed (were that the case, good! But DE abandoned kubrows, releasing Helminth charger and that's it.). Other not so good kubrows to get are of course Chesa (which isn't too bad, if it prioritised things based on what you have and had a very large scouting area, which it wins over a sentinel but it brings 3 things at a time, which I presume would be cool if it literally could walk around the entire map). bla bla bla bla bla

What I'm saying is, you have to roll a dice to breed a decent kubrow, or make a helminth. Kavats are both good. DE, pls buff sunika and chesa.