Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Usage Statistics. In a chart.

Airwolfen

With how most of the game work at the moment, CC is kinda pointless. 
Unless you're going for a really high level enemies, I suppose.
Most of the time we're farming, and most of the time we need to kill a lot of enemies to farm.
Frame that enable easy mass murdering, like Saryn, is going to get more use.

Also way of acquiring a frame will also play a part in this.

27 minutes ago, Ryim_Drykeon said:

I'd also be interested to know what time frame was used to collect this data. Since some frames have been here since launch, and some just a few bare months.

A pretty short time frame actually. from August 8 to 15

19 minutes ago, skyfiredraco said:

I don't use my loki much (and would have to buy loki prime... but i can do that if i want). I didn't realize he was that popular. Have to look up what builds people are running on him and what they are doing with em 🙂

Just look for "Loki master race" and you will find out that he has somewhat of a cult following. A lot of those players play Loki near exclusively.

52 minutes ago, Ryim_Drykeon said:

The data is skewed.

By no fault of the OP...and nice work on that chart, btw.

The data isn't accurate due to the fact of when players can get access to the frames. Excal comes in first for beginners from his stats and status. Those that ask get pointed toward him. Those that look at numbers take him due to his armor/shields/health. Abilities, and the damage/buffs they do are less a factor as new players don't know what they do yet (at least not with a little research, which most don't want to take the time to do).

Prime variants are higher used by the higher MR's....duh! While the non-Prime variants are used more by the lower MR's since they haven't gotten them yet.

New frames, like Khora, and Umbra Excal are used more by higher MR's, since it's new an shiny and more MR points. Even Limbo Prime (one of the more controversial frames) spikes pretty heavily among the higher MR's.

Saryn Prime is more used by higher MR's due to her recent rework. Players are/were working up new builds for her, or simply revisiting her to see if they like her now.

Umbra Excal, Trinity Prime, Frost Prime are all on the top of the list since they are new (in the case of Umbra), or free with Twitch Prime. (I bet the free Twitch Prime weapons would be about the same usage if one looked at those stats). In fact, Primes not given for free with Twitch Prime, will be lower among lower MR's for the reason that the only way they would have them would be to buy them. Otherwise, players will, of course, be higher MR by the time they can farm them.

Given that, the only spikes I feel are noticeable are, Volt Prime, Loki Prime, and Mesa.

Low use would be Wukong, Atlas, Nehza, and Titania.

All the rest falling into a "middle ground" (excluding non-Prime variants since once the Prime is available, the regular will fall off by default).

I'd also be interested to know what time frame was used to collect this data. Since some frames have been here since launch, and some just a few bare months.

The data is skewed.... because the numbers represent differences between frames that effect how much they are used? The data isn't skewed, it's very accurate, shows exactly what warframes were being used over the time period and by who. What would unskewed data be then?

1 hour ago, GenthReborn said:

The data is skewed.... because the numbers represent differences between frames that effect how much they are used? The data isn't skewed, it's very accurate, shows exactly what warframes were being used over the time period and by who. What would unskewed data be then?

Well, first, the small time frame involved does not give an accurate view of which frames are being used by what percentage. Charting them as is, will give you very little data except what is being used today. Tomorrow will be different. As was the day before yesterday.

For instance, yesterday I played Mesa only. Today, I played Nidus, Mirage P, Trinity P, and Ivara. Since I played only Mesa for about the same time as I played the other 4, the data would represent that I prefer Mesa. I actually prefer Saryn P.

So using this data, as DE pulled out in their Devstream, to see which frames are the most "popular" is inaccurate.

To gain the numbers needed, one would need statistical data on every frame, from every player, across every platform, then correlate that toward the time they have had each frame, how many, and which, frames they had while they had each frame, and charted against when the frames were released and available, before you chat how much they played each frame. There are a more factors as well, but you should get the idea by now.

MR should really have no basis on the chart. MR is only relevant in that it locks certain frames from being obtained at certain points, and then that can be bypassed by Prime Access and Twitch Prime giveaways (Dev stream giveaways as well, but to a far lower extent).

So basically, all the chart is showing is which frames are most used based on their availability, not their usefulness. Without Twitch Prime, I highly doubt Trinity P would be as high as she is on the chart. Not that she isn't useful, but that most don't want to play a healer in a shooter. They want to kill things. If you had read my post you quoted, you should have already gleaned all this from my text.

You can use the data on the chart, yes, but not at face value.

Edited by Ryim_Drykeon

11 hours ago, Airwolfen said:

DE released the usage numbers for week August 8 to 15 (here). The whole list of numbers was IMO, a mess. So I saved it to my own drive, organized it by bundling frame versions and globally sorting by release date, and turned it into a chart. So why not share it with the masses right?

This is the link to the sheet. the chart itself is on the second tab.

But I also have it in image form for ease of viewing:

4X5y4DN.png

Poster boy is sure doing his job for the starting players.

So yeah. to those who were interested.

EDIT: For some reason the last 5 frames were knocked out when assigning the chart to its own page and I did not check it. sorry for the inconvenience, they have now been added.

Much thanks Mr./Ms. Wolfen for the clarity and quality! Let's see. . .

Huh, I'm quite saddened that, outside of the "ancients" (Excaliber, Volt, Loki, the other old "main set" fellas from back in the old days.) and their prime variants, very very few of the "new" frames get much love from all of us. 

On the other hand, I'm very very happy that there is at least one "story suit" (that's what I like to call em anyway) who gets their time in the limelight. Congrats to whoever Mesa's character designer was on the team! Looks like they touched the hearts of a few of us in a way that lasts to the here and now!

Edited by Unus

3 hours ago, Ryim_Drykeon said:

Well, first, the small time frame involved does not give an accurate view of which frames are being used by what percentage. Charting them as is, will give you very little data except what is being used today. Tomorrow will be different. As was the day before yesterday.

For instance, yesterday I played Mesa only. Today, I played Nidus, Mirage P, Trinity P, and Ivara. Since I played only Mesa for about the same time as I played the other 4, the data would represent that I prefer Mesa. I actually prefer Saryn P.

So using this data, as DE pulled out in their Devstream, to see which frames are the most "popular" is inaccurate.

To gain the numbers needed, one would need statistical data on every frame, from every player, across every platform, then correlate that toward the time they have had each frame, how many, and which, frames they had while they had each frame, and charted against when the frames were released and available, before you chat how much they played each frame. There are a more factors as well, but you should get the idea by now.

MR should really have no basis on the chart. MR is only relevant in that it locks certain frames from being obtained at certain points, and then that can be bypassed by Prime Access and Twitch Prime giveaways (Dev stream giveaways as well, but to a far lower extent).

So basically, all the chart is showing is which frames are most used based on their availability, not their usefulness. Without Twitch Prime, I highly doubt Trinity P would be as high as she is on the chart. Not that she isn't useful, but that most don't want to play a healer in a shooter. They want to kill things. If you had read my post you quoted, you should have already gleaned all this from my text.

You can use the data on the chart, yes, but not at face value.

Then your problem isnt with the data - its that you want to know something different to the developers. A snapshot data set is what is presented here *because* they want to show us a snapshot. With all the influences unvaults and twitch prime drops have. 

Bear in mind this is just the snapshot [DE]Rebecca wanted to show us. She mentions that they have a portal which I imagine offers all the data to show whatever they want. They undoubtedly have the kinds of analysis you're asking for, but this is just a slice, an *example* to show us some interesting numbers. 

You are looking for the data to see which warframes have the most liked abilities and stats, a worthwhile question, but one which as you point out, needs a lot of cross examined data to answer. Essentially, it comes across to me, that you're calling this data useless because it doesn't answer *your* question. But it wasnt released to answer your question.

13 hours ago, DeMonkey said:

Not surprised to see Wukong being resoundingly unused, surprised Atlas is just as unused. Thought the rework for him was pretty decent.

Atlas boss fight is too long and you need a good squad and a good archwing weapon to complete it fast.

2 hours ago, MidoriFuse said:

"RHINO IS SUCH NOOB FRAME"
4. most used for mastery 25+

:^)))))))
Not only is he comfy to use,he also got that fashion going for him.

There was single surprise for me in this chart,over 1 person does use zephyr BUT THEN I've double checked and It was just for mastery exp .
:^)

I've been running cetus bounties daily for focus lens (because thanks DE for making them the only place where they drop)

and I have yet to play a match where there wasn't a teammate playing Zephyr.

and if we want to get more technical about MR 25, Rhino is the unanimously highest damage buff for eidolon farming. Volt is also up there in popularity at MR 25 for his eidolon farming but part of why he's there is also because he's also pretty good at Elite Sanctuary Onslaught farming along with Saryn.

15 часов назад, DeMonkey сказал:

Sounds about right, so far as I hear he's plenty viable now. I guess people just have their own favourites already. 

Viable for what exactly?

The current trend in WF is to kill fast and to kill 'em dead. That's why you see all the saryns, volts, equinox, mesas, rhinos and such. 

What purpose Atlas serves? None. Unless you like to cosplay Saitama. Wukong isn't popular because his exalted weapon sucks and most people are past that point where they need 100% invincibility without damage, but that can change with new alerts. Wukong also looks meh. Same for Atlas.

Цитата

and if we want to get more technical about MR 25, Rhino is the unanimously highest damage buff for eidolon farming. 

No? Unless you aim for like 5x3 I dunno. I never see him in 4x3. Then agin I run with randoms so there's always Chroma instead.

Цитата

"RHINO IS SUCH NOOB FRAME"
4. most used for mastery 25+

He is a noob friendly frame.

But what does it matter? Like veterans are any better. They also like damage buffs and invincibility in a press of one button. Maybe even more so than the "noobs" even.

Edited by -Temp0-

20 hours ago, Airwolfen said:

DE released the usage numbers for week August 8 to 15 (here). The whole list of numbers was IMO, a mess. So I saved it to my own drive, organized it by bundling frame versions and globally sorting by release date, and turned it into a chart. So why not share it with the masses right?

This is the link to the sheet. the chart itself is on the second tab.

But I also have it in image form for ease of viewing:

4X5y4DN.png

Poster boy is sure doing his job for the starting players.

So yeah. to those who were interested.

EDIT: For some reason the last 5 frames were knocked out when assigning the chart to its own page and I did not check it. sorry for the inconvenience, they have now been added.

Ty very much, those data are very interesting and as I thought Nyx, Octavia, Nezha, Wukong and Ash are in the least used. 

Vauban was a bit of surprise, after all he is the king of cc, and actually a god in infested missions.

5 hours ago, (PS4)watt4hem said:

I thought the bar on the left was just for measurements' sake. Nope. That's excal's bar.

Yeah at the start of the game you can pick from 3 and with excal being the main face of warframe naturally he is most popular. As a result most players stick with him till about mr4 when they can really get into other frames.

11 minutes ago, Kaotyke said:

Remember the Vaulting.

This from my Discord (Blurry but gives you a visual of usage by MR).

Thanks to AotoSatou14.

tlybxpf0jqg11.png

here's the raw spreadsheet to the data they've shown https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1mze7wzLcGgVMw5ymJExR-XLKE69j5Zl5WVDfu4UKsEI/edit#gid=720359178

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73

1 hour ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

This from my Discord (Blurry but gives you a visual of usage by MR).

Thanks to AotoSatou14.

-snip-

here's the raw spreadsheet to the data they've shown https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1mze7wzLcGgVMw5ymJExR-XLKE69j5Zl5WVDfu4UKsEI/edit#gid=720359178

fun fact. google docs only uses 12 legend colors before repeating... sigh.

but this is what I could set up quickly  at least the legend is in the same order as the chart

hdBltD4.png

tried changing the colors in the doc. Buuut I really was not into changing almost 50 colors to something unique, especially with google docs bare minimum amount of options.

Edited by Airwolfen

18 hours ago, skyfiredraco said:

Also kinda curious about Loki prime. He is basically dead even with Saryn prime at higher MR numbers.

I don't use my loki much (and would have to buy loki prime... but i can do that if i want). I didn't realize he was that popular. Have to look up what builds people are running on him and what they are doing with em 🙂

As a former Loki main, he was just a great general purpose frame. Above average speed and invisibility make him pretty good for speed running most missions with as little effort as possible. Not to mention farming Kuva Siphon / Flood, he essentially just lets you afk for 30 seconds in between braids. While he doesn't really excel at any one thing, he's easy to use for the majority of missions if you have the weaponry to back it up should you actually need to kill anything with him. 

18 hours ago, skyfiredraco said:

Also kinda curious about Loki prime. He is basically dead even with Saryn prime at higher MR numbers.

As a former Loki main, he was just a great general purpose frame. Above average speed and invisibility make him pretty good for speed running most missions with as little effort as possible. Not to mention farming Kuva Siphon / Flood, he essentially just lets you afk for 30 seconds in between braids. While he doesn't really excel at any one thing, he's easy to use for the majority of missions if you have the weaponry to back it up should you actually need to kill anything with him.