Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[PC Update 23.5] Revenant Feedback Megathread

Marcooose

18 hours ago, Sesaline said:

Why did DE give Revenant an AoE damage toggle skill? How is this any different from the old WoF or Quake Banshee? It can kill through terrain and obstacles with a base of 50 meters.  

50 minutes ago, kyori said:

Yes, he is the latest press 4 (after Saryn rework) + spin to win frame. In the 5 years of game development, you'd think something is learnt.

You guys do know that its a flat line skill with zero defense, right?

Tested in the simularcum and across the starchart, any unit what is 0.5 meter above or below it wont get damaged at all. It also worth noting that it doesnt have infinite punchthrought and from tests i can say that many obstacles can block it completely and even enemies are capatable of body blocking their allies.

This skill also offers zero survivability meaning that everything what shoots at you are capatable of killing you and you cannot recast any abilities while using it so as soon as your skin charges go off you are dead. The base movement speed is barely enough to run away from an ancient and just 1 disruptor or 1 toxic ancient is enough to make this skill useless against the infested.

The only faction what it works constantly against is the grineer but they are the ones who deal heavy damage so as fast as they level up you are dead.

Now if you compare it to old wof or quake banshee both of those had CC to keep the users safe and wof even let ember to use her guns or other skills to deal with the enemy, even the old spin2win had larger vertical area and much more power with the ability to keep enemies CC'd for good. Due to lenghty cast times as fast as you stop to kill a guy with your gun you are dead.

• Like 2

il y a une heure, seprent a dit :

thank you  just a thought i had during a survival mission after playing with his 1 it gives him still his 4 thralls and they follow him around while he has a small army of fanatic fighters kinda fits the sentient turning stuff against their owners 

And that's totally what was shown during devstream 113, they said the ability would have a cap, but 4 isn't a horde.
And not mentioning the cap into the ability description is really deceitful.

Edited by Maryph

9 hours ago, atejas said:

The cast time is fine with natural talent but NT shouldn't be mandatory. It's basically similar to tailwind or tidal surge, but those abilities have an instant startup, so there's no reason for the delay on Reave.

Reaving enthralled enemies does way more damage than it needs to (considering it's not meant to be a dps ability) but heals much less reliably than it should. Really bizarre ability.

Honestly I think the damage you do to enthralled targets is fine and I really hope it stays. Since it's a nice perk to have. It synergies well with his 4 and like everything else with this ability the damage only matters on enthralled enemies. In retrospect if you look at the high energy cost and slow start up on the ability I wouldn't call them a bad trade off. Personally wouldn't mind keeping the slow start up if it meant not sacrificing the the true damage it deals.

Another solution I could think of proposing is to slightly lower the start up speed and add a short cool down to help prevent spamming the ability. If that's what they're were worried about.

If anything, the more I play Rev the more I think he'd be fine if
1.we had six or so thralls
2.the damage pillars from thralls scaled better. (specifically in terms of weakening enemy defenses)
3.The amount of charges we can get scaled better with power strength.
and more polish on his 2 (i.e. everything previously mentioned in my original post on page 21)
4. We got 100+ more shields for each Thrall killed while in DS.

To put it bluntly I think Revenant works best when he's played as a anti-enemy scaling warframe.
His 1, and 2 hobble enemy offences and his (1,2),4 hobble, and destroy enemy defense.

9 minutes ago, Maryph said:

And that's totally what was shown during devstream 113, they said the ability would have a cap, but 4 isn't a horde.
And not mentioning the cap into the ability description is really deceitful.

ikr he really doeant "seduce" as many as he should

Edited by Kagemitsukenshi

Having now actually played Revenant for a few days, I decided to throw my hat into the ring as well:

Current Passive: Like many before me have pointed out, his current passive is kind of pointless. It's mainly just a gimmick that doesn't actually help you even if it does trigger. For one, the shockwave seems to have a bit of travel time, so you'll usually die by the time enemies hit the floor. And the range, well, to be honest, I can't really tell if the range is simply terribly short, or if it simply never triggers when enemies are in the proximity, or if it maybe has some other unmentioned conditions for triggering.

New Passive: Like many others, I'd also prefer something that could be considered a callback to his Sentient nature. A variant of Sentient damage adaptation. What I have in mind is basically a damage reduction that is applied before shields and can theoretically reach 100% for a single damage type. So, the more you're hit by a certain damage type, the more resistance against it you'll gain, but capping at 100% total.

That means that, for example, if you were to be hit by puncture and puncture only for a certain duration, you'll eventually reach complete damage immunity against puncture. However, if you were to be hit by puncture and impact to an equal degree, it would only be able to reach 50% damage resistance for puncture and impact, both. In other words, that 100% damage resistance has to be shared between all applied damage types. And also, it's weighted, much like how status procs on weapons are weighted as well.

If you're not hit by anything for a while, your damage resistance will start to slowly decay again. Another thing is that it's active even while Mesmer Skin is active, so you don't just get oneshot the moment it pops, in high level play.

Further balancing can be done via gain/decay ratios.

Enthrall: Again, like many before have pointed out, a number of 4 is just way too small to be useful for... anything, really. Not enough to really use as traps, can't really spread by themselves because a single gust is enough to wipe out the whole group(?)...

They're really just another gimmick at this point.

So first things first, the number needs to be significantly increased. My absolute bottom line would be 10, but I'm actually thinking more 14-18. Numbers may or may not (if 14-18, probably not) scale with Ability Strength.

I don't think giving them any sort of protection against allied fire would really be necessary anymore at this point. But if yes, then I'd suggest that only the last remaining Thrall will become immune to squad damage, but not to your own.

On the flip side, once the Thrall number has hit the cap, they get some sort of crazy damage multiplier that could, for example, be based on their total EHP. Alternatively, make their damage scale with the currently active number of Thralls. This way, they'll still have some uses outside of simply spreading the affliction.

Thralls now have an individual duration instead of a shared duration.

The energy pillars created after a Thralls death now scale off their total EHP, on top of their regular damage. Or alternatively, the damage now scales off the EHP of the enemy that walks into it, on top of their regular damage.

Increase the base radius of the energy pillars and/or give them the ability to pull in enemies from slightly outside their current range. Similar to Mag's Bullet Attractor or maybe Tether Grenades.

(Optional) Killed Thralls will now explode, doing damage in a reasonable radius, before turning into energy pillars. Explosion damage may or may not scale with their total EHP and Ability Strength.

(Optional) Energy pillars have a chance to spread the affliction.

Mesmer Skin: Can disappear faster than you can blink in high level mission. And by the time you finished recasting it, chances are, it's already half gone again.

First, increase base number of charges to 10, at the very least.

After a charge is used, there is now a 3 second gate before the next one can get used.

Enemies that use a charge are now automatically converted. Should the Thrall cap have already been hit, they will be stunned as they are now, and possibility A: be opened up to finishers, or B: return energy equal to the amount you would save by them being converted automatically, upon being killed.

His previous shockwave passive is now moved to the beginning portion of the casting animation, with a range of about 25m, that may or may not be affected by Ability Range.

Reave: An actually fairly decent ability on paper, but somewhat horrible in execution. Clunky and way too expensive for what it actually does.

First, should be instant even outside of Danse Macabre.

Reduce energy cost to 40 while allowing it to recover 10 points of energy for every enemy caught up in it, much like Nidus' Virulence.

Increase leech effect on regular enemies to 10% while reducing it to 25-30% on Thralls.

If in mid-air, casting the ability will remove falling momentum and let you zoom off to wherever you last aimed the moment it was used.

(Optional but oh pretty please~) Once Reave has reached its MAX range without deactivation, it turns into a channeled ability, now consuming energy by distance travelled.

Danse Macabre: To be honest, I don't think this ability should actually be touched. Certainly not buffed in such a way that it actually let's you use all of his other ability while in it or in way that would allow you to use it 24/7. It's boring enough as is. I'd rather have more incentives to not be stuck using this ability. And hopefully through buffing his other abilities instead of nerfing this one into the ground. If anything, the only thing I can think of is to make the damage decay rate from received damage decay more slowly and/or allow it to also ramp up its damage from dealing it.

------------------------------------------

This last one is an alternative for his 1 I'd really love to see, but doubt I will. So I'm putting it at the end instead:

Since Thralls can now be created automatically by Mesmer Skin, Enthrall is now replaced by a Vomvolyst summon, with (hopefully) a unique design.

Vomvolyst's will always stay close to Revenant.

Health and attack damage is affected by Ability Strength.

You'll spawn 1/2/3/4 Vomvolyst's depending on rank. Number unaffected by Ability Strength.

Summon is duration based with 15/20/25/30 seconds (or higher) depending on rank. Numbers affected by Ability Duration.

Ability can only be recast when duration either ends or all Vomvolyst's are killed.

Vomvolyst's and their weapons are moddable like Sentinels and come with their own 3 unique precepts. A firing precept, a dash attack precept (like what we see them using already) and a sacrifice like precept, that allows them to use one Vomvolyst's life in order to revive a downed teammate within range (possibly affinity range?).

Animal Instinct and Vacuum can be used.

Regen cannot.

(Optional) Turn into a ghost form upon death that can either allow them to keep using their utility abilities but while having reduced weapon damage, or have them function as a sort of downed form they'll automatically revive from after a few seconds, with limited reusability.

(Optional) Will drop energy restoring Sentient Cores upon death.

And if worst comes to worst, just get Pablo to help. :p

Edited by StealthyCARNAGE
  • Like 2

I played Revenant and there’s a bug where if you use Mesmer Skin, the enemies would act like you are Invisible and don’t attack you. They can’t take damage while this bug is happening until you Enthrall them and you attack. Hoping you guys look at that.

Edited by VPrime96

To me, the only thing that needs a rework is his 1 and his 2.

Make the 2 enthrall foes when they contact you, and significantly increase the cap of ennemies that can be enthralled to 20 maybe.
Saryn can spread to 30+ ennemies, why can't we just have an army of minions, plus the spores of saryn's aren't under a cooldown, and they can be considered as a massive CC when they're spreaded around an entire room.

So why the revenant can't enthrall more than 4 dudes, I just don't undersand, 20 is FINE as long as you keep the friendly fire on them, or maybe make them take less damage with firendly fire, but when you pass through them with the wall, it kills them instantly while giving you health/shields.

Is was first shown as a leader of a zombie army and with a massive CC as for his 4, now it's a laser ball of death, but we already have too much of thosr frames, and we all know where they end, right next ember because you just nerf them instead of balancing and creating a synergie between the abilities.

Please, let it be what it should be, an army commander.

It seems like you just released the frame as it is because you ran out of idea with it, so you decided to let the community what should be changed/added to it.
Right now the revenant is closer to a WIP frame (ability side, no design side).
Yep, lasers are cool, but it's the only thing useful with it, and it'll be a forgotten frame when you'll decide to nerf it...
So please, don't do it, and listen.

Edited by Maryph
  • Like 3

Having tried Revenant, he is... another press 4 frame. Dissapointing.

His 1 is just pointless in a group. my teammates kill them quickly or i do when i am distracted.

His 2 is well... Bad cast animation that has nothing to do with what the ability does (i mean he looks like nidus firing off his larva) on top of it being way too slow for a defensive ability. and it being charge based means anything with high ROF or DOT just makes the ability useless.

His 3 looks bad. Its a wall of smoke. thats it. I thought the ideia was to make it look like a life draining cloud. if that ideia was scrapped then bring it back cause it just looks bad. And its expensive to boot, especially considering the return on it.

His 4 is not a bad ability its just boring past the initial novelty. its press 4 and forget all over again.

Would suggest changing the mind control mechanic to be replaced with spawning our very own Vomvalysts, and then just use them to fuel his abilities via sacrificing them much like the teralysts use them.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Sesaline said:

A terrible meme. Seeing a Rev in my squad makes me cringe. Hearing them spin makes me cringe. He needs a serious fix to be taken seriously. I have zero interest at all in getting this frame as it stands now.

Lol, take a walk, he's really not that bad.

If you're in rant mode try Khora, there is a basket case.

That said, sure, you're not interested, which is fine.

I laughed a lot from everything you said in the main post except the part on how is different of WoF. They changed WoF because you were able to go AFK or nuke low-mid lvl enemies easily or ruin the fun for new players or whatever, and now they released WoF 2.0 with Revenant.

Though you can still move while using Revenant 4, is just like the old WoF, you can go AFK if you want and let it farming while you do other things.

3 hours ago, Madway7 said:

With people speaking of Devstream 113 I was reminded that they removed something without stating why (I think).

His 2 used to have an added effect (the parts on the back), but it was just taken out afterwards.

w0bxBiOh.jpg

M8BlJHBh.jpg

The Eidolon tendrils are still there when you cast your 2, but they appear to only show up clearly on your left shoulder and they're generally much harder to make out against the smoke.

I see a lot of potential in this frame as a minion based frame. His 1 creates minions and his other abilities interact with said minions in some way and I love the synergy/concept but think not so great execution.

1. Possibly make recastable to bring more minions in? Minions do their best to stick somewhat close to you, your like the eidolon and the minions are your vomvalists

Drasticly increase max number of minions, originally you said y'all were thinking about 20 and I got excited because I love playing as minionmancer characters. Up to you the max number but would definitly make it over 10 unranked/minimum (Nekros gets 7)possibly max number can be effected by mods( ?efficiency? Strength seems like it would make unbalanced. Same energy cost but you get more minions for same energy amount)and you can go over 20 if you build that way? If having that many minions is going to mess with dps in an unfavorable way treat them like mirage clones where they do less percentage damage (power strength mods effects)

2. Needs more charges and some kind of indicator who is open to become free minion or possibly auto-enthrall.

3. Actually like overall adds some survivability/self healing/mobility  maybe just a tweak of the numbers or possibly add knockdown effect?

4. I honestly dont know what to say about this one it can clear a room in a few seconds at lower levels and it interacts with your minions in some way. Maybe just a straight number tweak. I like the modifying damage based on what its hitting it kinda fits with sentient theme.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, MarrikBroom said:

Nice catch. That really would help as a clear visual on if I have charges up or not. Maybe a performance hit? I can't see it but maybe? Wonder what's up there.

I'd laugh if it was a bug and those bits are meant to be there, just having that little bit on the shoulder feels really weird

• Like 2

My only big issue with him is that having only 4 thralls is not enough, specially when your thralls can enthrall enemies. Meaning that the abilitie loses its use after having 4 thralls and part of the use of his second too (the first ability being free when enemies are stunned). Maybe his one could also allow us to actually control them, for example if you hold 1 you can choose if you want your thralls to attack other enemies or just to be like body guards and stay close to you. 

There is a lot of potential in this frame but it feels like it is being restricted. 

1 hour ago, StabbyTentacles said:

Lol, take a walk, he's really not that bad.

If you're in rant mode try Khora, there is a basket case.

That said, sure, you're not interested, which is fine.

I own Khora and I know what you mean. She could use a number of improvements still.

Rev really isn't bad. I didn't say he is bad. I said he is dumb. His kit looks nice on paper but when I'm in a mission with one I just feel bad for him. Like I need to make sure I don't accidentally one-tap his thralls or kill stuff around him while he is spinning so he can have some semblance of being useful. But if the Rev is using 4 and not moving around at all then I don't share that same courtesy because obviously that player doesn't care how the mission is completed. 

I don't mind an active Rev. People can play him however they want. The game sets the boundaries, not random players you matchmake with.

1 hour ago, atejas said:

The Eidolon tendrils are still there when you cast your 2, but they appear to only show up clearly on your left shoulder and they're generally much harder to make out against the smoke.

Yeah I looked closer and now notice them, they are hard to see with darker colors (and some shoulder armors), which are kinda required since the brighter ones are too intense with his 4. Thanks for clearing that up.

I kinda only see it on the shoulder tho, doesnt seem to appear on the back.

Also the one on the stream ran upward from the top of the shoulder while the one we got is on the shoulder plate and goes to the side.

fdpm9uvh.jpg

Would prefer that version, but I guess it's better than them having removed it. Would just be happy with a good set of buffs at this point.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, SSI_Seraph said:

**when holding the LMB** 

and you can't possibly do that for 15 waves without disabling unless you have a double energize or are leveling him and getting back you whole energy bar each time on the amped form. (Even with max eff it's 6.25 energy per sec )

Plus the fact that max efficiency gimps your duration and takes two mod slots that he needs for natural talent to fix his clunky animations and p str for a decent number of charges. 

MV definitely blocks them. I tried it 3 times on 3 different missions. 

Holding LMB why? what? I didn't even know that there was a 2nd effect when holding LMB. I just hit 4 and spin and everything dies.

Also, you do not need duration on this frame at all. Unless you care about thralls, which die anyway as your teammates will kill them.

So first off, apologies for the long post. I’ve seen a lot of people giving negative feedback for Revenant, and I just felt he needed a bit of positive feedback. Honestly, I love Revenant and his abilities and while they’re not perfect, I really think they’re better than most people realize. So these are my opinions on his abilities:

Enthrall: So as far as i can tell, this is the biggest source of disappointment. People were expecting a similar playstyle to Nyx/Nekros (which is how it looked during the devstreams), only to find out that you could only have four thralls at a time, and your teammates could easy kill them before you got to do anything with them. It’s fine to be disappointed with the way it turned out, but I wouldn’t go so far to say this ability is useless, as it is a lot better than most people realize and a unique take on CC abilities. Whereas Nyx and Nekros convert enemies into soldiers to fight and kill other enemies (which if we’re being honest, enemies are not that great at doing anyway), Revenant essentially converts enemies into cannon fodder: expendable soldiers who will draw fire away from the player(s), can be killed just as easily as any other enemy, and on death will leave an energy pillar that deals damage to enemies (and is actually quite effective). Essentially, your thralls are just as useful dead as they are alive. Simply convert and kill to create a meat shield which will become a landmine when you kill it.

(Side Note: As for the cap at 4, yeah I’d like to see it raised to like 6 or 8, but honestly this is still a better ability as is than most people realize.)

Mesmer Skin: When people say Revenant’s Spinning Ballerina of Death mode is his only good ability, I think they’re seriously underestimating this one. Mesmer Skin will block and even has a chance to reflect damage, and allows you to enthrall stunned enemies for free (which as I previously stated is a lot better than you think). Because this ability is based on charges and not time, you can essentially play this at the beginning of the level and recast every time it runs out, all the while enthralling any enemy foolish enough to shoot at you. Sure, people would like to see it have more charges and there’s an issue with more than one charge getting consumed by an enemy with a faster fire rate, but honestly those enemies can easily be enthralled and eliminated by using your 1st ability. All-in-all, this is a really great second ability.

Reave: Now I’ll admit, this is probably his weakest ability, and the one I use least. I’m not gonna say much on this one, because a lot of others have already mentioned it’s drawbacks and its advantages. This ability is a good last ditch effort for when you’re surrounded by enemies and need to get away fast (with this in mind though, it could do with less of an energy cost, but I’m not gonna complain if it stays the same.)

Danse Macabre: Again, there’s not much I can say about this that other players haven’t already said. It’s a really great ability (and arguably his best, aside from Mesmer Skin). The fact that it deals whatever kind of damage the enemy is weakest too is amazing, and it reminds me a lot of the sentients and their ability to become immune to any kind of damage (this is kinda like the offensive version of that). It’s honestly a great ability and fun to use, and I don’t think I need to defend it that much because everyone else seems to think it’s great too. The only complaints I’ve seen so far are mostly aesthetic in nature (brightness of the beams, the pose he makes, etc.) I personally don’t mind his Ballerina pose, because it’s kind’ve hard to make fun of someone when they’re feeding you a faceful of lasers that kill you in a second. Honestly DE, don’t change a thing about this ability.

Once again, sorry for the long post. I’m really not posting this to tell you you’re wrong. You all have your own opinions, and that’s absolutely fine. The fact that DE listens to us and our suggestions is part of what makes this game so great, and I really do appreciate all the work the devs do to make such a great game for us. You honestly don’t have to like Revenant, I just think he’s much better than people realize and deserves a second chance.  

• Like 1

I wanted to provide some additional feedback to the ability Enthrall

Enthrall

Solution 1

This ability has a couple of problems at the moment, the most notorious one is the fact that it can't spread properly, my suggestion is that the first enemy that you use your enthrall on gains a perk, that perk causes the enemy to explode on death, spreading enthrall to surrounding enemies in the form of tendrils, this enthrall from the enemy explosion would not give other enemies this perk, they would instead just become enthralled and spread it normally by shooting other enemies.

Solution 2

One of my other suggestions that could perhaps mitigate this problem is by creating a ghost version after the enemy dies, the ghosts would last for less time than the normal enthrall, let's say 1/2 of the duration of enthrall, but these enemies could grow in number without having the ability to enthrall others, so you have enthralled enemies on the field and enthralled enemies dieing and still serving you after death, of course these would end disappearing after they lose all their health or after the duration is over.

These ghosts would have a limit of 12 with the 4 enthralls that you have at your disposal, the 12 ghosts would not create the eruptions but they would contribute by doing damage and soaking damage to the enthralls that are still alive

The marvelous thing about Revenant is that we could have a Warframe that can fill a variety of different purposes, by investing in duration you would be allowing to have your enthralls and ghosts longer on the battlefield and perhaps Range could be something that could scale the max amount of thralls that you can have.

I am not saying that Revenant should have an army but I think he should be able to create a respectable Platoon, in army terms a platoon generally has 15-45 members and I figured 4 enthralls and 12 ghosts would get the job done.

Man I haven't posted in over 3 years but this frame had me very excited, and by all means he's a blast to play. After trying him for these past few days, I can say Revenant is so close so feeling 'right'. He's a real mish-mash of skills but I can feel where they want to work together.

Passive:

... I'm going to be blunt. Please change it. It's... Bad. IF it works at all, it only just barely does - and it relies on removing what are Revenant's intended primary defence. It feels like last minute filler after the original idea changed. The working passive had far more potential, although the life leech still may not be ideal for a kit like his - his health is only average and regardless of its potency he does still possess health regen in Reave.

If anything I would suggest a passive that focuses on his shield-based defence, such as applying armour value to shields instead of health - and perhaps additionally shield gating that is either unique to him, or more potent than other frames should it become a standard feature in the future.

Enthrall:

This one's the big sore spot, isn't it? 4 Units is definitely not enough thralls if the skill is kept as is, especially with the natural proliferation going on. Often I've found myself enthralling a single enemy, and being almost immediately locked out of grabbing more. This is frustrating, and potentially deadly - naturally a frame with a mind control skill wants to aim for dangerous units such as Bombards, and more than a few times I've found that my singular thrall has love-tapped three more trash enemies and filled out my roster leaving me to subsequently take rockets to the face.

I'd suggest, if the limit of 4 thralls cannot or will not change, to stop the mind control itself from spreading. Instead, let enthralled enemies spread minor marks with a much higher numerical limit that cause the afflicted enemy to produce a pillar on death - or, if this is too much performance strain, simply explode and deal radial damage. It would also put overshield generation more on-par with other OS generating frames if Danse Macabre interacted the same way with minor marks. I personally love the pillars both aesthetically and for locking down corridors, and this would let you both hand-select your small working army and better utilise the death effects.

Mesmer Skin:

Just give it some slight gating and it's golden, 1 second or so after being hit of not consuming further charges. Make it so only charge consumption bounces damage back and stuns but the damage reduction still applies and I think it would feel a lot more secure overall while not being overpowering, because by all means the skill is fantastic.

Also, please only change the effects if it's an optional change - the smoke is lovely looking in my opinion.

Reave:

Let it start up instantly. As it stands I feel safer sitting and getting shot than trying to cast this as any sort of escape or emergency tool, and although the health regeneration is useful it's far too expensive and risky to utilise in any case besides the occasional topping of of your health pool. Also please allow us to cancel out of it early, this is Tailwind syndrome all over again where if you don't tailor your duration specifically to the map you're on you're going to be kissing a lot of walls.

Furthermore, some interactions would be really nice. For instance, dashing through fire pillars from Enthralled kills performing a radial attack, or heal for you and your allies.

Danse Macabre:

Honestly, it's perfect. The energy consumption is high but justified by the power, the vertical range is iffy but encourages better positioning, and it looks pretty as all getout. Bravo.

Ok, I played with him a bit, formad some and tried some different build. Here is my feed back.

First of all, since the thralls can be damaged normally by Revenant and teammates then drop the pillar to damage around, or give overshield, I understand his thralls are supposed to be expendable things that leave traps and support effects when they die, unlike Nyx´s mind controlled enemy which is supposed to be durable and stick around. Because of this, I have some thoughts on his current skill set.

Enthrall: 4 enemies are too few for the whole using thralls as trap or health pool to actually function. Since his thralls are constantly dying and refreshing, we need more than that. At least the same as Nekros, 7 to 10 of them. And I think thralls needs a little bit invulnerability time, especially when you are in a group, they need time to actually infect other enemies before someone nuke them dead.

Mesmer skin: the ability itself is good, but the casting animation is just too long. I think either make the casting faster or increase the maximum charges he has.

Reave: needs wider range, and more entralled enemies to be reaved. And maybe makes it to spread enthrall as an alternative to ememies spreading it themselves.

Danse Macabre: I have no issue with this one, it´s great and fun to use. If I have to say something, maybe give him some way of moving vertically during the spin, it can be awkward to use when there are a lot of gaps on the terrain.

Keep up with the good work and thanks!

• Like 1

I just picked up and maxed my Revenant and played around with him for a bit, so I'll leave some comments on his abilities.

Passive: I never actually notice this going off. Could use better visual indication (like say a mini Energy Spike animation) and a bigger radius. It also conflicts with Mesmer Skin since that prevents shield damage from being taken at all, maybe the knockdown could be moved to Mesmer Skin and he could get a new passive, maybe something that synergizes with his thralls, or another Eidolon-themed passive that doesn't conflict with his kit. 

Enthrall: I'm sure this exact point has been repeated endlessly but the thrall cap needs to be increased and so does the pillar damage. The thralls could maybe also use some buffs, like with Nekros' Shadows.

Mesmer Skin: The casting animation is pretty slow without Natural Talent, but that's not too big of a deal because I just named the solution to that problem. The fact that it isn't recastable sucks since channeling Danse Macabre for a good while requires me to have a decent number of charges available. I'm also getting weird charge numbers at certain amounts of Power Strength. Having 10.5 charges of Mesmer Skin just doesn't make sense, though in practice the half-charge just works as a full charge so it should be rounded up to 11 in the display.

Reave: Visually this ability is absolutely ****ing awful and this should really be fixed ASAP. A 2-dimensional square? Really? I thought this was a finished product, this looks even worse than what was shown on the Devstream. On top of that, the energy cost is pretty high for what it does, which in most scenarios is just a rather long dash. Again, like his passive, the health/shield restore has no synergy with Mesmer Skin, though I suppose it could be useful if you take a few hits while Mesmer Skin runs out or you're channeling Danse Macabre and don't feel like cancelling it. Still, I think it would be better if it just added charges instead, similar effect but useful more often and synergizes better with his kit.

Danse Macabre: I actually like this ability. Its good, decently scaling damage is balanced out by the fact that it's blocked by major obstacles such as walls and forces you to chase enemies around them. Visually it could use some work though, I honestly preferred it when it just used the Inaros tornado animation and the raised arm feels like a forced attempt to make it look different. Vertical mobility is a pain, though I suppose cancelling it is a workable solution. I'm a bit confused as to why beam radius is a moddable stat though, what difference does it make when the beams are constantly spinning around, especially when the base radius is so small?

One last thing, the ability icons are really nice.

Edited by --PV--CommissarNazbol
minor typo