Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[PC Update 23.5] Revenant Feedback Megathread

Marcooose

Passive: why is it line of sight and why doesn’t it go through obstacles? Eidolon EMPs don’t follow those restrictions on the plains?

Enthrall: Increase the cap, fix ai. Either make the flame pillars wider or make them move around like guantalyst lasers (credit goes to Triburos). I also don’t like the idea of a first ability that becomes unusable at any point. If enthrall reaches its cap it would be neat if Rev would still have some kind of use for it, like maybe being able to pre detonate thralls. Or maybe after reaching a thrall cap, using your enthrall ability on enemies will force your thralls to target them (like venari).

Mesmer Skin: there have been a lot of suggestions to possibly adding a timed interval or gate between each charge. Similar to Inaros negation swarm having a 3 second gate between each percent of armor preventing him from losing all of it instantly from swarms of status procs. A faster cast speed would be nice as well. Recastability is an option, but not as necessary if the ability doesnt need to be cast every few seconds as it functions currently. One more note, sometimes it tends to not reflect back damage if said damage is enough to kill you instantly. Also bombard rockets don’t always get blocked.

Reave: It’s waaaaay too expensive for a traversal. It’s cast time is also making it a terrible get away tool. In higher levels you WILL DIE before you turn into mist. The ability scales for sure, but it also scales down. It could use some base damage to deal with lower level fodder enemies. If it isn’t going to cost less energy to cast, then it will need to provide more worth for its use. There have beeen some suggestions to allowing it to add more charges to Mesmer skin per enemy hit. One more thing, visually Reave looks terrible. It’s looks completely unnatural to form a flat wall of mist with corners. Mist shouldn’t have corners.

Dance Macabre: It’s perfect, please don’t touch it.

I really like Revenant's look, but I think he still needs some tweaks to be considered at least fine gameplay wise, and some powers animations feel out of place.

Passive :

The range is too short, and it being blocked by LoS makes it useless most of the time.

Suggestion : increase the range a little, and have it go through obstacles. At least.

Enthrall :

The visual is nice, it's easy to see which ennemy is under the effect of the power. Otherwise, it spreads too slowly because the IA tends to take cover or run to the player first, and by the time it's done somebody will have killed it. A cap of four thralls is really small too. The Pillars of light have a too short range and duration to have any noticeable effect outside of their pretty visuals.

Suggestion : Either have it be an AoE like Limbo's 1st power, or have it spread on death like Limbo's 3 or Saryn's spore, and raise the cap to 8. Increase the range duration of the pillars. Alternatively, just change the ability by making it summon six or eight vormalyst that keep the synergies (pillars, higher drain with 3, overshield with 4). That way, there's no issue of spreading it or teammates killing them too early.

Mesmer Skin :

Outside of the long cast time, the fact that it doesn't have a 'grace' period makes it disappear way too quickly.

Suggestion : add a grace period when a charge is spent, like 3 seconds.

Reave :

The visuals are, well, quite ugly. It costs too much energy, and the starting animation is too slow to be used as an escape or a drain tool since ennemies will have time to kill you or reposition.

Suggestion : Improve the visuals, reduce the starting animation, reduce the energy cost.

Dance Macabre :

Gas damage against infested isn't that good because of toxic ancients and ancients healers, magnetic is pretty meh. I really don't like the animation, it seems so out of place to have a frame do the ballerina all of a sudden.

Suggestion : Change damage against Corpus to Gas and against infested to Radiation so it negates the Ancients' aura. Change the animation to something more Eidolon-looking, like the Starfall of the Teralyst or the Pillars of Light of the Gantulyst, and have Revenant move like a floating Radial Howl animation, for exemple.

Overall I'm a bit disappointed, even if he looks good as he is now most of the time only the 2 and 4 are worth using, and 4's animation's so hilarious it feels like it was an April's Fool.

4 hours ago, Fallen_Echo said:

it also worth noting that this skill is useless against the infested because the ancients simply just deny it.

It is also worth noting that almost all powers are 'less useful' against the infested (at least alone in a vacuum) when the ancients get involved. They are specifically designed to be soft nullifiers of powers while boosting their allies efficacy. The powers that generally get away with it are also boosted further by equipment/weapon mods (exalted class still are reduced though) or are buffs that are not directed at enemies (including weapon damage buffers). Lets not pretended like people can't remember old Ash Bladestorm (technically New Bladestorm still has trouble) being unable to kill anything when Disruptors were around. Old Saryn even had trouble.

• Healers - Reduce incoming damage by like 90% to allies and redirect status effects (except radiation).
  • Disruptors - Reduce Power based damage by like 90% as well as lower enemy directed Power debuff durations by at least 50% (stacking auras I've also heard). There is energy leech stuff too.
  • Toxic - Negate one of the better damage procs and reduces another. Also imbues allies with that damage type.

You throw them all together and you get a horde that is very resistant to powers and yet you somehow think that Danse is suppose to be different? The problem with Danse is likely more that you have no way of focusing on these high priority targets without coming out of the toggle but that is just like any other AoE power. My suggestion is you do what everyone else has to do and stop spamming powers and kill the targets you need to as they arise. You can do whatever you want after that or team up with a Nyx (kinda; Disruptors can still do a number), Disarm Loki or Oberon for strong confusion/radiation effects that nullify the auras simply.

mesmer skin is also bugged among the other problems, if the incoming hit has higher dmg than your TOTAL EHP ( aka lethal attack ) it'll completely ignore all your charges whether you have 1 or 15

Reason why it won't save from weapons that deals self dmg as well, it's less noticeable against enemies that deals sustained dmg up to a certain point though...then when just one round of a gorgon will be classified as Fatal that very first hit will still kill you rather than just consuming a charge

I liked the theme of the character, but the skills are not good, especially 1, if I were to change it, it would be like this:

Enthrall: When casting the ability on an enemy, it will receive life debuff and damage, and 100% Radiation Proc chance, in case the affected enemy attacks another enemy, it will infect the enemy with the same effects (4 enemy limit)

When dying the affected enemies unravel in a sphere of energy that is floating and absorbing energy of the enemies, After X Time, these balls of energy hatch in Vomvalyst, (Limit of 10, affected by the armor, life and shell of the warframe as well as to 3 Frost)

When the Vomvalyst limit is reached, it is possible to Cast in a Vomvalyst, which results in the Vomvalyst grouping and merging into a miniature Eidolon, (Limit of 4, Affected by Strength, Duration, and Shield)

The player would have a total of 4 zombies, 10 Vomvalyst and 4 mini eidolons, the minions and Vomvalyst would have low damage (but already help) the Eidolons damage would be related to the power strength, Duration would affect the attack rate of Eidolons,

It may change to a single eidolon but would have to increase the size a bit, and
increase his strength and life by 4, the energy spheres that were created after the limit, would become overshield in case the user passes over them with his 3

Edited by walter100
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, ZodiacShinryu said:

It is also worth noting that almost all powers are 'less useful' against the infested (at least alone in a vacuum) when the ancients get involved. They are specifically designed to be soft nullifiers of powers while boosting their allies efficacy. The powers that generally get away with it are also boosted further by equipment/weapon mods (exalted class still are reduced though) or are buffs that are not directed at enemies (including weapon damage buffers). Lets not pretended like people can't remember old Ash Bladestorm (technically New Bladestorm still has trouble) being unable to kill anything when Disruptors were around. Old Saryn even had trouble.

• Healers - Reduce incoming damage by like 90% to allies and redirect status effects (except radiation).
  • Disruptors - Reduce Power based damage by like 90% as well as lower enemy directed Power debuff durations by at least 50% (stacking auras I've also heard). There is energy leech stuff too.
  • Toxic - Negate one of the better damage procs and reduces another. Also imbues allies with that damage type.

You throw them all together and you get a horde that is very resistant to powers and yet you somehow think that Danse is suppose to be different? The problem with Danse is likely more that you have no way of focusing on these high priority targets without coming out of the toggle but that is just like any other AoE power. My suggestion is you do what everyone else has to do and stop spamming powers and kill the targets you need to as they arise. You can do whatever you want after that or team up with a Nyx (kinda; Disruptors can still do a number), Disarm Loki or Oberon for strong confusion/radiation effects that nullify the auras simply.

Thats true but in the case of the commonly brought up duo Banshee and Ember you only have to care about healers and disruptors but revenant deals gas damage against infested so you are affected by all of them.

If an ember is capatable of dealing 1000 damage per tick that means that after getting near a healer she will do 100 damage and after meeting the disruptor the damage is decreased to 10, also to put the icing on the cake ember can just go and continue like there are no ancients around since her skill is a soft toggle, while in the case of banshee the enemies are already hard staggered to not be able to move.

In the case of revenant if hes able to deal 100 damage per tick that means after meeting the healer and the disruptor he will deal 10 damage and once the toxic ancient enters the party this is reduced to 2 damage and at the very best you can either drift away like a balerina or stop using the skill and try to move away.

I know the infested well but lets not try to act like every warframe has 3 ancients capatable of nullfiying their power based damage output. 

Wow, so much missinformation in one single thread about one single skill.

Dance does not have some magical infinite punch through, it also costs alot of energy to be effective higher up, you cant stand in one spot and kill the whole map. You must have LOS to the mobs you are trying to kill, the slight innate punch through goes through very thin obstacles, not walls.

This skill is nowhere on the level of what Ember or Spamshee were, you need to move to kill and survive.

This thread is a prime example of why people should try things first before opening their mouth or clicking their keyboard about it. This is not valid feedback because it is straight up false from the first post and onward.

Thrall: 4 is too low of a cap to have, having the number of thralls be influenced by power strength seems like a better idea, maybe to a maximum of 8 or 10. the only use I have found for this ability as the moment is to cast it on enemies that have an AOE (like parasitic eximus) to disable it. The pillar of damage is really small and underwhelming, I would actually prefer it to be a pillar of healing instead.

Mesmer skin: this ability actually isn't too bad, but could do with a couple of tweaks, mainly there needs to be a delay or grace period between charges being used up, also I think this could have good synergy with reave, which I'll explain in the reave section

Reave: this is the ability that I think needs the most work; rather than having a duration that it is active for, it actually needs to measure DISTANCE instead, to make it feel more reliable and consistent as a movement and positioning tool. I think the drain attributes need to be changed, mostly because thralls aren't a consistent way to get hp back (if you have an ember or saryn on the team, you might as well never press 1 are all because they won't survive for more than a second) and the hp drain from non thralled enemies is pitiful, it would be a much better idea to have the thrall drain be the default for normal enemies and instead make it so draining thralls would replenish 1 mesmer charge per thrall, this way it would move the synergy from 1 and 3 to 2 and 3, and also make reave a more useful ability on it's own. Also 75 energy is crazy expensive for what it does, 50 would be much more reasonable.

Danse macabre: fine, only thing I would adjust is the animation to look less like a weird ballerina

I don't know what I would change the passive to, but all I know is it's current incarnation is a bit pointless and weak

12 hours ago, (XB1)Cash201293 said:

Don’t all Warframe sprints gets cancelled after using a ability? 

Not all of them, but this actually seems linked to circumstances in which an ability sets or adjusts your speed.

A weird example of this I found was with mesa: her 4th ability will by default reset the sprint toggle when activated (if you are sprinting, then pop your 4, then press 4 again to turn it off, you will go back to normal jogging speed instead of sprinting like you were before). HOWEVER if you use the augment which allows mesa to walk during her 4, then when you disable it you will retain a sprint toggle you had before you activated your 4.

I'm pretty sure something about this is a bug

Adding one more voice to the chorus.

Passive: I've yet to notice it activate. Take that how you will.

Enthrall: cap of 4 is too low. All 4 will almost always die before you can use any synergies this ability has with others. Pillars are nice, but with a cap of 4 and just positioned where a thrall dies, it's too random to actually be useful with so few. a cap is necessary, but 4 is too low. Managing your number of thralls could be a big aspect of the frame, but as it is, it might as well be binary. Also, thrall AI should check for nearby enemies to attack first; purposefully enthralling an enemy in the middle of a group only to have it run to your side before it engages seems to defeat the purpose.

Mesmer skin: Eh, it's fine(sounds dismissive, but that's just because it's solid but not flashy). I'd appreciate more charges at base, and it needs to round to an integer b/c bugs, but I don't think it really needs a cooldown, just be evasive as you'd usually be, with the charges as a safety net. Oh, and do something about the opacity of the cloud/mist/aura, as it can sometimes block your vision too much.

Reave: Feels slow. Drops like a stone. Effect looks like a 2D rectangle. Numbers could be tweaked: drain on non-thralls barely noticeable, and (as mentioned before) thralls die too quickly to other things for thrall drain to be relevant, which might be remedied with a higher cap...

Danse Macabre: Good ability. Overshadows other abilities, but that's as much because of the shortcomings of those abilities as because this is (a little) overpowered. All I can think of to fix that might be considered forced synergies, like making damage based on your number of thralls, or dropping base damage but increasing damage vs thralls and/or stunned enemies. Increasing energy cost would probably just decrease use of other abilities while people "save up" energy for "the good ability" (think old RQ Banshee).

tl;dr: Double or even triple thrall cap. Speed up Reave and possibly decrease gravity during use. Maybe tweak other things.

Please, and thank you.

Is OP a joke? Comparing revenant's 4 to the real cheese in WF (Peacemaker crutch, Resquake crutch, Maim crutch, Spore/Miasma crutch, Discharge crutch) is ridiculous. It does high damage with the tradeoffs of low range, no parkour other than its 3, and high energy drain. If player's team is not killing things at range fast enough to prevent a spinning revenant from killing them, player is weak and on a weak team.

9 minutes ago, (XB1)IStudioGhibliI said:

ommmggggggg i 4got bout dat  😠   

He has it actually, but it was changed. Now limited to only being on the shoulder (back parts seem completely removed) and the positioning was changed to be lower (on the shoulder plate) rather than on the top (next to the neck). 

Also seems smaller. In general it's not easy to see, especially with darker energy colors.

And thanks to the new positioning the new shoulder armor almost completely covers it.

Edited by Madway7

all ima say is when u bring him to console the price if bought plat needs to be at most 200 or 225, as 325 is clearly not worth it for this frame as of now, maybe that will change but maybe it wont ,in any case, I guess it can be mastery fodder but I still don't want mastery fodder costing 325 plat, its ridiculous its a good frame visually but that's about it so props on that part.

On 2018-08-28 at 3:52 PM, Madway7 said:

With people speaking of Devstream 113 I was reminded that they removed something without stating why (I think).

His 2 used to have an added effect (the parts on the back), but it was just taken out afterwards.

w0bxBiOh.jpg

M8BlJHBh.jpg

ommmggggggg i 4got bout dat  😠   

5 minutes ago, Madway7 said:

He has it actually, but it was changed. Now limited to only being on the shoulder (back parts seem completely removed) and the positioning was changed to be lower (on the shoulder plate) rather than on the top (next to the neck). 

Also seems smaller. In general it's not easy to see, especially with darker energy colors.

And thanks to the new positioning the new shoulder armor almost completely covers it.

yeah my hype was killed for this frame , im glad i decided to look into the feedback thread and see the damage they did to this frame , i can only hope they can salvage it b4 they make there way to console ,as i wont be paying 325 plat just for some mastery fodder  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, (XB1)IStudioGhibliI said:

yeah my hype was killed for this frame , im glad i decided to look into the feedback thread and see the damage they did to this frame , i can only hope they can salvage it b4 they make there way to console ,as i wont be paying 325 plat just for some mastery fodder  

Well he still has not received a single patch so we'll have to wait and see.

They increased his cap from 4 to 7 but didn't do anything about how slow it takes for a horde to actually build up, even moreso how annoying it is to build when teammates can easily get rid of your thralls? Hopefully they add in some way for  thralls to spread their numbers that doesn't rely on teammates avoiding to kill them.

Edit: Also I noticed that thralls cannot be pulled by Mag for some reason. 

Edited by shissachan
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, [DE]Drew said:
  • Enthrall cap for thralled enemies increased from 4 to 7.
    • Developer Note: We listened to the feedback that 4 was too few, so we’ve buffed the number to match Nekros’ max Shadows.
  • Danse Macabre energy cost increased from 12.5 to 20 energy per second.
    • Developer Note: In keeping with changes we've made to Warframes in the past to deter from the "set it and forget" approach, we have increased the energy per second on Danse Macabre. We are hoping that with Enthrall's cap increase you can benefit from more overshield pickups with Danse Macabre.  We’re always looking to iterate on your feedback, please leave yours in the dedicated Revenant feedback megathread!

Ok, for 1, it's nice that we get more Thralls, however this still doesn't solve the problem. The problem is that they are still just enemies. We can kill them, they get no buff, no invulnerability, nothing, so we're still constantly going to have to spam 1 to even get the 7 cap.

and 2, that energy jump is INSANELY high! I've already sunk 5 Forma into my Revenant which I will now need to change because the energy cost is so drastically high! I'm going to test it a bit, but the fact that if we hold M1, it drains EVEN MORE, which will take the cost to roughly 35-40 energy per second, it's stupidly expensive now.

• Like 1

Just now, Stormandreas said:

Ok, for 1, it's nice that we get more Thralls, however this still doesn't solve the problem. The problem is that they are still just enemies. We can kill them, they get no buff, no invulnerability, nothing, so we're still constantly going to have to spam 1 to even get the 7 cap.

and 2, that energy jump is INSANELY high! I've already sunk 5 Forma into my Revenant which I will now need to change because the energy cost is so drastically high! I'm going to test it a bit, but the fact that if we hold M1, it drains EVEN MORE, which will take the cost to roughly 35-40 energy per second, it's stupidly expensive now.

they just need to remove it now or buff it now, at high levels you get one shotted by far while using 4 easily. they should make it so your immune to all while using four now with this much drain. 

5 minutes ago, Stormandreas said:

his four is still usable, if you have high dur and efficiency, they could have just have it like embers 4 truthfully after 7 secs is starts to buff, but also use as much energy as it does now with this update.  

4 minutes ago, sarty1994 said:

Nerf 4!? Wow! Just what we needed to put Vlad in the coffin

Lets thank the madman in the other revenant thread because that hoarded up the nerf squad for another strike.

Now poor vlad has less useful skills than wukong the literal one skill frame.