Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[PC Update 23.5] Revenant Feedback Megathread

Marcooose

21 hours ago, SSI_Seraph said:

Really disappointed overall tbh:

Passive:

- The range is ridiculously low from what I've seen.

Enthrall:

- Why limit the ability to 4 thralls only? As if bumping nyx's mindcontrol from 1 to 4 would make it any better. 4 is not enough to draw enough aggro and just forget the idea of them helping you deal damage because enemy damage on enemies is bad ( void spines (unairu) is a great exemple of why you guys should forget that type of damage mechanic.

Agreed. Was really excited when DE originally said "20 thralls" which would have made him a real minion-frame. After finding out they nerfed it all the way down to an abysmal 4 thralls I was, needless to say, disappointed. My enthusiasm for this frame is pretty much gone.

I can't believe the description DE went with for Revenent's Enthrall ability includes: "The thrall horde remains under Revenent's spell... etc".

In what universe does 4 minions = a 'horde'? I know video game developers like to completely abuse unit count terminology, such as saying "Platoon" in reference to 10 units (completely false), however this one takes the cake. "Horde" is defined as: "a large group, multitude, number, etc.; a mass or crowd".

If you're going to keep Enthrall at a cap of 4 units, change the description. And no, you can't say "Squad" either, as Squads are 8+ units. Not even Nekros gets to use the term 'squad'. You could say "Revenent and his buddies" or "Revenent and his 4 stooges" - something along those lines. That would be at least accurate.

13 hours ago, OricSharp said:

Here we have a Warframe that, by all rights, should not exist. It's a Warframe, possessed by a Tenno, composed of Technocyte and channeling the Void, but it's also a Sentient, which is why it should basically just not actually work.

Oh-hoh-hoh... Boi, let me lay some actual Lore on you. (No offense meant, it just made me laugh...)

The Sentients, the Infested and the Warframes were all made by the Orokin, so the question isn't 'how can this work' it's 'how could we imagine that this was not attempted?'

The sentients were first, the Infested next, the Warframes third, and the Tenno were a pure accidental discovery that could actually use Full Transference to control the Warframes. Considering that all three previous creations had already turned on the Orokin... the Orokin were willing to take what they could get.

Kind of ironic that even their 'saviours', the ones that won the war against Hunhow and the Infested, still turned on them afterwards. But the Orokin were butt-hats, they really did deserve most of it.

In any case, since the Tenno aren't actually using Void powers to control the Warframe, they're using them to project their mind into the Warframe and control the powers that the Warframe has (the explanation for why Warframes actually use Energy Orbs instead of Void power...), then there is not conflict of Void Powers and Sentient tech.

Ballas created Prime Warframes based on different themes by combining unique strains of Helminth Infestation with real people (and then cloned them for the regular production model versions and the Deluxe Variants), which produced all sorts of interesting results. Mirage Prime was a good example, her original's mind was so strong that it took Ballas' original design and warped it into the resulting Harlequin frame ^^

Considering he knew exactly how the Sentients were made, how would he not have thought to try combining their technology into a new Warframe? He would have been absolutely moronic not to attempt it, to see how it would work, see if the result could fight Sentients even better.

So again, it's not 'this should not exist' it's 'how could this not exist?'

6 minutes ago, -Bv-Concarne said:

Think nyxs mind control and why it gives immunity to friendly fire. In the same vain the initial thrall being invuln would allow it to infect without teammate interference since that's seemingly the primary function. But if all of the infected thralls are immune or resistant to friendly fire besides the initial one then that would drag certain missions on and make certain health sponge enemies harder or annoying to kill along with normal enemies too, depending on the squad.

Let me repeat again, we dont need the thralls become invulnerable. Hell thats pointless on nyx too as it only drags the mission on.

DE designed these guys to take damage from all sources so we keep it that way with the addition that they collect in the damage they suffered and release it with a shockwave when they die.

• Like 4

Цитата

and the Tenno were a pure accidental discovery that could actually

Well not really. You can't say "accidental" especially after one of the Codex enrties about Ember. I'm betting my 10 cents that it wasn't "accidental" at all.

I would just like to point out casting your 1 on the ancients will turn them to your allies and they will buff you instead of the enemy. running to a group of infested planning to your 4, but wait there is an ancient healer. No problem a quick cast of the 1 and he gives you damage mitigation and healing while you spin to win through the herds of infested. Also I would like somebody to start a forum post about getting his 1 and 3 buffed and tweaked

11 minutes ago, Fallen_Echo said:

Let me repeat again, we dont need the thralls become invulnerable. Hell thats pointless on nyx too as it only drags the mission on.

DE designed these guys to take damage from all sources so we keep it that way with the addition that they collect in the damage they suffered and release it with a shockwave when they die.

And I'm saying that only the initial thrall should not take or resist friendly fire in some way, since they also designed the mind control to be half of the ability and to have them infect others automatically. Infact that seems to be most of the ability since otherwise it just makes enemies into land mines that don't really seem to do much anyways.

But I do like your after death shockwave idea, since once again the mines don't really seem to do much.

His passive is hardly noticeable. I think the range just needs a buff, or just replace the passive with something else.

His first ability definitely needs to raise the cap amount of enemies affected by Enthrall (Calling a 4 man "thrall horde" is rather underwhelming) but still make them vulnerable to friendly fire. This would mean that by having more enemies that are killed by his 4th ability while being affected by thrall would create a decent AOE damage zone. I also find the pillars of energy to not last very long, so giving it more duration would help.

His second ability's cast time is just too long and for what it gives, it hardly provides much survivability, especially against enemies such as Heavy Gunners and Corpus Techs. I think the charges should be based on power strength plus the amount of times enemies hit you for a brief duration of time or have a brief invincibility period for every charge used.

His third ability goes well with his fourth ability, so much so that I think it should just be another feature to go with his fourth ability. Similar to how you can left click to deal more damage, you could press right mouse button to dash and steal HP or shields. This would free up a space, which could be a debuff/cc ability.

His fourth is okay, but one of the issue is the infested, as the ancient healers kept buffing the weaker enemies with toxin resist. By buffing his first ability, it would cause enemies to go against each other, which means that the ancient healers will not be able to provide the buff. It would make his 4th ability decent across all factions. 

I would like it on record that if you stun a enemy with Mesmer skin you need to have the energy that would need to cast enthrall normally in order to cast it for free an energy leach sapped me of my remaining energy after i casted it i let it hit him to stun it but i could not make a thrall of it saying i had insufficient energy to cast a "Free" cast of a ability 

also his thralls are neat but there just too few of them unless you take heavier units they arnt going to do much to the enemy besides annoy them how about make it so the cap of casts to make thralls is 4 if you cast over the limit it kills the oldest thrall to for the newest so you can only make 4 yourself BUT the thralls can make for of themselves via hitting stuff as normal cap it at like 20. ive also noticed the duration of enthrall bounces up in time so each thrall is on its own duration also and maybe make them more inclined to follow you when you move so they can protect the thing they have been mind controlled to fight for like grineer make a formation with a eximus unit make them do the same with him or atleast follow him around like a puppy with a machine gun

Radiation really is the best against infested. While gas is also a good choice and has higher damage potential besides viral, random ancients and especially toxic ancients will nullify it along with any other damage besides rad.

Does the damage type change against grineer or corpus flesh? If not it should adapt to viral or gas if rad is changed for infested. Also I wonder if single damage types could be chosen.

Edited by -Bv-Concarne

1 minute ago, MarrikBroom said:

Even heavier units will only annoy other enemies. Enemy damage is geared for warframes. Enemy health/armor tanks that damage fairly easily so the 'enemies are now fighting eachother' thing is largely a gimmick otuside of octavia's metronome since it takes all incomming damage and throws it back at each enemy... much like how limbo's OP GOT NERFED cataclysm was right after his rework taking all enemy health and dealing that as damage.

As for thralls infecting other units? I just... don't see it happening. 

i just kinda though of it as like ring leader has 4 in charge thralls and then a horde of fanatic followers that do things of there own accord thought it be neat but i would still support being able to kill the oldest thrall to make a new one rather then just preventing you from casting it till you lose one and have them follow you around 

17 hours ago, TheAlonedrifter said:

Im having trouble getting the Actual Blueprint because I did the mini quest where you go the white circle, touch the thing but because I am a man child who cant sit still I never saw or knew Reverent was supposed to spawn. I basically only truly heard "Go to Konzu" so I immediately left to Konzu but no BP. One Googling later and I think I may have soft locked myself ;-;

You do indeed need to build all the parts before getting the BP, thank you to JustABody for that. I would also like to talk on Revenants abilities now that I had some time to use and max him.

My first thing would be that his 1  Enthrall is incredibly underwhelming cause Nyx is a thing, Id say to first remove the cap or at least buff it to about 12 or higher then maybe make it to where the Thralls dmg heals Rev.  Also Enthrall can buff his other abilities effectiveness but the fact that you can  only have 4 active at a time brings those benefits down immensely. As it currently stands its just a very meh abilitie with no real use as the thralls end up getting killed immediately in most squad based cases

Secondly his 2 Mesmer Skin is good but it needs to either get a large increase in stacks or get like a 2-3 sec buffer timer (much like Inaros's mod Negation Swarm)

Next his 3 Reave is just not that great as its just a worse Hydroid wave (In terms of width and range) that dosnt feel good to use and the healing you receive can be utterly pathetic in some situations for the fact that its a 75 cost ability at its base. 

His 4 Dance Macabre is great and is one of the best things in his kit, Id just kept this the same for now, maybe (HUGE maybe) add a very tiny bit of leech for more tankyness   

In conclusion Revenant has a very cool concept and an utterly fantastic aesthetic but in game play hes been a very underwhelming frame to play as he is sort of a jack of all trades by having a CC,tank,heal, and nuke abilities but the only viable one that does great at its field is his 4 at nuking because he can only CC 4 dudes max with his 1, his 2 can burn up in seconds even if you're going against a medium amount of enemies and you cant benefit from its synergy with his 1 if you already have 4 dudes, and lastly his 3 just doesn't work as well as it should fell as a high cost leech ability

• Like 2

Figured i should make this a seperate thread so its a bit cleaner instead of being flooded away in the sea of the mega thread right now. Sorry if this is the wrong area i've posted very few times.
Right now as it stands, Revenant is a strange hybrid of nyx and a sentient. this doesn't fit his lore OR his design. i spent a bit of time thinking out a idea for him to be more sentient/eidolon themed and this is what i came up with, just wanted to see if anyone might like this idea. Warning, really long read!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A major change to Revenant is the way that he is a eidolon. with the mode shift methods there are for so many frames now we could have it where if you build him with specific stats you get a specific eidolon type.

Teralyst mode: balanced power range, duration, efficency, and strength. for those who want to put survival mods on and such. 

Gantulyst mode: more power range and strength, negative duration and efficency. encouraging a high risk high reward situation of attack. 

Hydrolyst mode: more strength and more duration. low range, low efficency. A bit trickier to obtain but not impossible. good for area denial and crowd controls

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Three modes. Teralyst, gantulyst, hydrolyst, all determined by power X%

Passive: adaptability, dependent on the last element proc you will become immune to that damage for 15-30-60 seconds (increasing by ranks, rank 1-14 its 15. rank 15-29 its 30, rank 30 its 60) with a cool down of 1.5x that amount of time.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ability 1: Mesmer skin. Changes are as follows: Upon activation you have at maximum 10 seconds of charge up time, during this time you are invincible and all damage you take in is stored, functioning like that of harrow's 4 only instead of crit chance.

the amount of damage you take in effects how many charges you have of mesmer skin, drastically increasing Revenants survivability. Upon depletion mesmer skin now detonates in a damage type equal to that of what the enemy who shot you is weak to, not a very strong explosion but a guaranteed knockdown.

Ability 2: Eidolon scream. Scream out stunning all enemies and healing yourself completely while also providing yourself  increased armor for X seconds (scales up to a max of 25 at rank 30. duration increases this, strength increases the amount of armor you gain, armor gain is a flat rate that at rank 30 is +150)

Ability 3: Eidolon quake. Stomp the ground causing a massive area of damage instantly and sending eruptions of sentient energy towards foes. (affected by duration, strength, and range. the more duration you have the longer the after effects stay, the more range you have the wider they are. strength does the obvious of increasing the damage.)

Teralyst mode: like the teralyst, stomp the ground and send out a bunch of erupting blue energy

Gantulyst mode: stomp and send out a large AoE of stun (not knock down so as to not tread into rhino territory) and make a bunch of lasers pop up in random areas where enemies are/were standing. 

Hydrolyst mode: stomp the ground and send out green flames that stop a few meters out and mag a corrosive/mag proc bubble that has a chance of catching enemy projectiles, thus powering its self up further then detonating, 
effected by duration, strength and range mods 

Ability 4: Danse macabre

As it stands right now this is a insanely good ability that i feel should be more than just a laser ballerina so i figured it could have variants via the alt modes.

Teralyst mode: Instead of a spinning laser beam, you spin and shoot out a bunch of the projectiles like the teralysts rain attack.

Gantulyst mode: The exact same as what we have now.

Hydrolyst mode: like what we have now but killing a enemy has a chance of launching out projectiles.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you read all of this i thank you massively and hope we can get this some light so that DE can see that Revenant should be a true Eidolon themed frame, not this strange fusion of the two that doesn't really work other than being press 4 to spin & win.

Edited by falconwarrior
Typo towards the end/rephrasing it

So far l like revanent but...

a. his 1 just has too low of a cap please make it where we our selves can only have 4 thralls but those enemies can have 2 thralls and those can have one then its not that op since the enemies have to spread it

b. his 2 should either be like it is now but auto enthrall or have a grace period between loses in stacks but only stuns the enemy that took the stack

c. his 3 cost too much energy for what it does but im pretty sure its broken right now and doesnt give the health and shield but havent tested it my self 

d. i thought that flat mist cloud would be fixed by his release but it was left please dont leave it like that it doeant look very good

e. I think his 4 is great and with more thralls it will be perfect since hes almost a sitting duck while hes using it but with more overshield drops we could probably live better

I have to agree that abilities feel to have too long casting time.

One and two could have synergy like "when enthralled enemy strikes other enemies you will get a stack of ability two shield".

Somehow I would like it more if Enthrall was like Nekros's fear that you enthrall 4 closest ones right away.

I actually have done revenant/spirit frame suggestion earlier this spring (april 4th) and shamelessly put it here to see if there's something that could be used (sorry).

Drauger

1. Soul Surge

- flash through enemy leeching power and stunning everyone that gets close to the victim. Surge jumps from enemy to enemy if close enough. Soul Surge can be interrupted by performing a finisher on target. Drauger can’t be damaged while using Soul Surge.

2. Dark Latch

- latch on enemies as their shadow or on a wall. Enemies can’t detect drauger until the timer of Dark Latch runs out or an offensive action is performed. If latched to an enemy you follow the victim where ever it decides to go.

3. Well of souls

- create a tar-like pool that leeches enemies power and rains upwards refreshing any team member, pet or ally entering area with energy. Performing Soul Surge on Well of Souls teleports you to the other well if two summoned. Performing Dark Latch on well activates Spiraling shadows that pulls the enemies and loot to its center. Maximum 2 wells.

4. Possession

- Drauger’s spirit takes control of an enemy slowly draining energy and turning it into a hollow being of undead wrath. The more energy drained of your victim the more consumed by undead powers you both become. Draining when possessing shortens the time the victim lives when Drauger leaves the possessed. Moving to well of souls replenishes the energy drained gradually.

Passive: If Drauger’s shield is completely drained all that is left behind is the restless spirit that is doomed to steal the power of souls to continue its withered wandering. (Drauger has to find energy in 5 seconds via Soul Surge, Possession or from the Well of Souls.)

<edit> He has 1hp but a big shield so this is a chance to continue without dying.

As you can see Revenant 3 is close to what my 1 is. Revenant's 1 is close to my 4. Would you guys have liked these abilities on Revenant?

Edited by zackharius

By now, I figured one life changing modification that should be made :

Thralls should drop Overshield on death (uncondtionnaly; or maybe a %of drop depending on %power strenght)

Thralls killed by Danse Macabre should make a aoe pillar of energy.

• Like 1

Enthrall and Reave fel out of place with the whole concept of the sentient frame i do understand he was codename vlad yeah sure but vampires and sentient have nothing in common. That aside i feel like enthrall should be repurposed to somthing completly new 4 slaves walking aroung on the plain field is just not that usefull compared the the rest of his kit. He feels like a dammage / tank not a CC / DPS frame. for his one i've got no clue what to do with it but it just feels useless and really hard to use. and as for reave i feel like the whole cloud thing is NOT a good idea in my opinion reave should look like a teleporting ability more than a dashing one, right now in it's current form it's ugly as all hell not really usefull and hard to make use of. I would replace it with a teleporting power wich depending on the range affects ennemies with the same properties enthrall has making his 3 a surviving ability while making new (enthralled allies) leave the first ability completly open to change. also viasually speaking it would be great if it actually looked like a teleporting eidolon... sorry for the long text but two warframes in a whole year feels weird from this amazing dev team i know all of you are busy but don't rush content or push too hard when you could keep the quality content comming at the same past as before.

Just now, MarrikBroom said:

Nono. I mean I've never seen it happen even though it's supposed to, or if it does the effect is so underwhelming it isn't noticed.

AHH i see i understand now in my head i see as a mini chaos grab 4 thralls and over time a room  converts to your side and you free to refresh yourself from your lesser thrall supply or just grab a new enemy that walked in

and a way i think thought of limiting it if it does happen the 4 main thralls follow him around and only they can make new lesser thralls if space is available the lesser ones either die of out live the duration thinking it be base duration on them and lessers could be killed via normal means thralls could be killed now but your personal thralls cant be killed by ally fire here ill kinda list what i was thinking since ^ is kinda hard to make sense of even to me and i wrote it

• Revenant can now cast enthrall to replace the oldest member of his thralls
  • main thralls can now make lesser versions of themselves via attacking enemies (using base duration of enthrall)
  • lesser thralls can be promoted to main thralls via casting enthrall on them killing the oldest main thrall (maybe for a reduced cost)
  • lesser thralls are capped at 20-15 and move around at random like normal units 
  • main thralls will maintain a constant vigil over their master following him closely (will teleport if they cant catch up in time)

Quick Summary: His ultimate is fine where it is, but his 1-3 abilities and passive could all use some buffs/changes compared to what was shown before in devstreams.

(The abilities might have been nerfed because of the ultimate change.)

Passive:

It is now a knockback or knockdown wave that triggers when your shields deplete. I have never noticed this while playing so far and even when I saw my shields deplete, the area of effect is to small to be useful or sometimes doesn't even work at all. Honestly, the previous passive would have been more useful. The old one used to be a life-steal that was proportional to how current energy you had. It was simple, but it would have been more effective and used than the current passive.

Maybe bring back the old passive but make it to where the life-steal is proportional to how much energy you don't have.

Ex: 5-10% life-steal with no energy, then maybe either 1% or none at max energy. Maybe even gain a very small amount of energy per kill under a certain threshold.

Thematically, since his name is Revenant, I think of it as when he is low or out of energy, he gets bloodthirsty and wants to consume his enemies esseance to get stronger.

Enthrall:

I don't think needs much other than it should enthrall 5 enemies total, that is affected by power strength. It wouldn't be as substantial as in the devstreams, but it would help nonetheless. 

Mesmer Skin:

This just needs a quicker casting time and more uses. It is very similar to the Amesha's 1, so I think it needs a similar amount of uses to it. It is his main defense too.

(15 base line, then affected by power strength. 10 uses if that's to much)

Reave: 

Either reduce the cast time significantly or remove it entirely, then reduce its energy cost if they want to keep it as is. So far, I don't think it's worth 75 energy for limited mobility and a little bit of sustain. Since it can be used as an escape tool and is a small heal, it maybe should have a 25 energy cost or 50 if it's better than what I have noticed. Lastly, the animation for it looks a bit strange. Just this somewhat awkward square fog flying around.

Danse Macabre: Leave as is since it is fairly balanced and effective on many levels, however, I have seen talk about changing the adaptive elements of the ultimate.

It would be:

Corrosive for Grineer, that is not changed.

Gas for Corpus, instead of Magnetic.

Then I've seen Radiation or Viral for Infested instead of Gas. Due to the ancients canceling out the Gas.

I think it's fine currently, but maybe they have a point.

Overall I think the theme is really cool and I enjoy playing Revenant a lot. He just needs some tweeks/changes to his abilities and I think he would be in a good place.

Thank you for reading!

tha adaptive element dosn't work like that, Danse Macabre deal corrosif damage until the target lost all him armor (yellow bar), deal magnetic damage on shield (blue bar), and deal gas/poison damage on flesh (red bar), this not depend on the faction, just on health type

I have to agree that abilities feel to have too long casting time.

One and two could have synergy like "when enthralled enemy strikes other enemies you will get a stack of ability two shield".

Somehow I would like it more if Enthrall was like Nekros's fear that you enthrall 4 closest ones right away.

I actually have done revenant/spirit frame suggestion earlier this year (april 4th) and shamelessly put it here to see if there's something that could be used (sorry).

Drauger

1. Soul Surge

- flash through enemy leeching power and stunning everyone that gets close to the victim. Surge jumps from enemy to enemy if close enough. Soul Surge can be interrupted by performing a finisher on target. Drauger can’t be damaged while using Soul Surge.

2. Dark Latch

- latch on enemies as their shadow or on a wall. Enemies can’t detect drauger until the timer of Dark Latch runs out or an offensive action is performed. If latched to an enemy you follow the victim where ever it decides to go.

3. Well of souls

- create a tar-like pool that leeches enemies power and rains upwards refreshing any team member, pet or ally entering area with energy. Performing Soul Surge on Well of Souls teleports you to the other well if two summoned. Performing Dark Latch on well activates Spiraling shadows that pulls the enemies and loot to its center. Maximum 2 wells.

4. Possession

- Drauger’s spirit takes control of an enemy slowly draining energy and turning it into a hollow being of undead wrath. The more energy drained of your victim the more consumed by undead powers you both become. Draining when possessing shortens the time the victim lives when Drauger leaves the possessed. Moving to well of souls replenishes the energy drained gradually.

Passive: If Drauger’s shield is completely drained all that is left behind is the restless spirit that is doomed to steal the power of souls to continue its withered wandering. (Drauger has to find energy in 5 seconds via Soul Surge, Possession or from the Well of Souls.)

<edit> He has 1hp but a big shield so this is a chance to continue without dying.

As you can see Revenant 3 is close to what my 1 is. Revenant's 1 is close to my 4. Would you guys have liked these abilities on Revenant?

2 minutes ago, Aisu9 said:

tha adaptive element dosn't work like that, Danse Macabre deal corrosif damage until the target lost all him armor (yellow bar), deal magnetic damage on shield (blue bar), and deal gas/poison damage on flesh (red bar), this not depend on the faction, just on health type

Ah, ok. That makes sense and is a lot better than I thought. Like I said, I (definitely now) think the ultimate is just fine, it's the other abilities that need some QoL tweaks.