Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mask of the Revenant: Update 23.6.0

[DE]Drew

The changes to Revenant are nice, but can you make the thralls more important in death, because that's the state they are most often in.  Your thralls rarely get to do anything before your allies kill them.  And no the pillar of fire isn't that helpful, neither are the overshields.

1 hour ago, [DE]Drew said:

• Enthrall cap for thralled enemies increased from 4 to 7.
    • Developer Note: We listened to the feedback that 4 was too few, so we’ve buffed the number to match Nekros’ max Shadows.

• Danse Macabre energy cost increased from 12.5 to 20 energy per second.
    • Developer Note: In keeping with changes we've made to Warframes in the past to deter from the "set it and forget" approach, we have increased the energy per second on Danse Macabre. We are hoping that with Enthrall's cap increase you can benefit from more overshield pickups with Danse Macabre.  We’re always looking to iterate on your feedback, please leave yours in the dedicated Revenant feedback megathread

Re: Thralls

Players have also wanted the thralls to NOT IMMEDIATELY DIE IF ANOTHER PLAYER SHOOTS THEM.

Yes, more thralls are nice. Though a nice even number like ten would have been personally preferable since unlike Nekros you can't heal or resummon them. But none of that matters when someone can just follow you around and shoot your thralls like a petty little bastard. This is even more baffling since every other skill in revenant's kit is only made useful when interacting with Enthrall or the resulting thralls. Why is this ability so underpowered when it's the backbone of the kit?

Re: Danse

Again, we can't benefit from the absolutely tiny overshield pickup if all thralls die the moment another player enters the area and blasts everything indiscriminately. Increase the overshield to AT LEAST 100 because that current pickup may as well be a sticky note saying "IOU, One(1) Useful ability" for all it's worth. One basic grunt with a cleaver on Ani will wipe away that pickup's shieldworth in an instant. On top of that, the energy cost being increased with no corresponding power increase is just asinine. This means that on higher level content Revenant users are now less inclined to use the ability since you're spending precious energy that could be used to channel Life Strike through a weapon on a skill that doesn't have the power or durability to matter (this also somewhat applies to Reave, but I've already given up on that being worthwhile). Energy pickups aren't as plentiful as you guys seem to think they are. Anyways the skill is still "Set it, and forget it" but now it refers to setting it down and forgetting about actually getting anything out of it.

Thanks DE.

vor 1 Stunde schrieb [DE]Drew:

Revenant Fixes & Changes:

• Enthrall cap for thralled enemies increased from 4 to 7.
    • Developer Note: We listened to the feedback that 4 was too few, so we’ve buffed the number to match Nekros’ max Shadows.
  • Danse Macabre energy cost increased from 12.5 to 20 energy per second.
    • Developer Note: In keeping with changes we've made to Warframes in the past to deter from the "set it and forget" approach, we have increased the energy per second on Danse Macabre. We are hoping that with Enthrall's cap increase you can benefit from more overshield pickups with Danse Macabre.  We’re always looking to iterate on your feedback, please leave yours in the dedicated Revenant feedback megathread

Sorry, but this leads me to a general concern:

Revenant hasn't even been out for a week. Considering you have to farm him first, build the pieces then the frame itself i think it's a bit much to expect the majority of players has already built him by now. I know i don't, still cookin. This suggests people who bought him from the market get an advantage in giving feedback and actually getting heard.

No, i don't wanna put the representativeness of said feedback into question, especially if it's so overwhelmingly in unison apparently.

Still i think it'd be more fair in principle to let at least a little more time pass so people farming frames (it's not like i couldn't afford him but i simply enjoy doing so, as it gives me something to do) have a realistic chance to have a say, too. (As long as something isn't obviosuly completely broken of course).

Thanks for you consideration.

That being said: From what i've gathered without having played him i can only guess these changes are a good thing. I wondered by you'd design a frame that way after reworking Banshee and Ember accordingly in the first place. A more favorable solution would be not to design skills as cast-and-forget (interrupting interactivity) altogether, though.

DE, when the optimization will be return to the plains of eidolon? Fortune is approaching, but the PoE has 1-20 FPS and crashes on the lowest settings, as if they were introduced a month ago. People even addressed me several times with the question " Everything worked well. What should I do? Horrible  lags." And I dont know what to say.

P.S Thank you for the event. He's interesting.

1 hour ago, XanZath said:

An event is nice even though no leaderboards again, but isn't incrasing Revenant's drain on 4th ability by whopping 60% a bit drastic?

If you put in a Streamline he works out ok. To be honest I thought his 4th ability was a bit overpowered due to how little it cost vs how much damage it could deal. 

1 minute ago, AdvisorZ said:

DE, when the optimization will be return to the plains of eidolon? Fortune is approaching, but the PoE has 1-20 FPS and crashes on the lowest settings, as if they were introduced a month ago. People even addressed me several times with the question "What should I do? Horrible  lags." And I dont know what to say.

Get a better pc?

1 minute ago, Rhundis said:

If you put in a Streamline he works out ok. To be honest I thought his 4th ability was a bit overpowered due to how little it cost vs how much damage it could deal. 

you must be joking... his 4th ability is useless in important/good missions.

3 minutes ago, AdvisorZ said:

Witty. But I asked DE, not you.

it maybe a somewhat honest truth, and im not trying to be mean about it , it maynot be your CPU Bottlenecking you/reducing your fps to frames per hour, but the videocard just going "NOPE" to the new GPU Particle system in place, , i have a friend in a similar situation but he cant play at all because of being stuck w/ crashes preventing him from continuing The Sacrafice. where his dated PC could handle things just fine before on lower settings but playable frame rates.  What CPU do you use, How much Ram is in your System, and what videocard do you have? knowing the specs of your rig will help a bit finding out part of the problem.

and a small but timeconsuming step to troubleshooting the issue if you have a large enough hard drive w/ enough free space to accomidate a Second partition you can use that'll easily fit a second copy of Windows, steam, Warframe's Massive data-girth, and overhead to not choke out the system, if the frame rate improves after that!then its something thats gone awry in your main Windows installation. (buggy driver, Malware running in teh background, applications in teh background eating up too many resources thats tiped it over to where you can play at all anymore, )

Was a straight up nerf to revenant's 4 really necessary?  It was already high drain, line of sight/elevation locked and didn't do that much damage compared to other, better dps abilities. Could have given it the world on fire treatment atleast where energy AND damage ramps up. Now revenant has nothing going for him.

The thralls just dont do enough to base his kit around them. They need a little extra something. Have the damage/overshield pillars appear on death by default instead of having to be killed by revenant. Or have them provide a buff or something...

2 hours ago, XanZath said:

An event is nice even though no leaderboards again, but isn't incrasing Revenant's drain on 4th ability by whopping 60% a bit drastic?

I had a revenant in a survival void yesterday. The guy was cleaning rooms like nothing. He could maintain the thing on for a minute, run a few rooms for energy, and repeat. It was way too much.

Just now, Condeangel said:

I had a revenant in a survival void yesterday. The guy was cleaning rooms like nothing. He could maintain the thing on for a minute, run a few rooms for energy, and repeat. It was way too much.

mesa can clean rooms for 10 energy 

the only way revenant does damage past level 90 is by keeping it on lol

https://gyazo.com/b522ded42f29416ca06202d876c299ed
This is the single most massive joke on the history of warframes balancing team (which i know they dont have a specific balancing team). What was "your" actually concern with revenant? You built him to spin to win, you literally said so yourself in the devstreams of his showcase, you nerf our ability to even spin? You don't want us to use this ability? You think that thralls are useful in any way? They die instantly, they focus 1 enemy at a time instead of spreading themselves, and they don't scale like nekros's minions. His 2 is mediocre and his 3 is a dash, its supposed to be mediocre (its a tool for him to use in tangent with his 4th ability). Everything you build revenant around was his ability to use his 4 and benefit from his other abilities. You built his 1 so that when he 4s he gets orbs, you built his 2 to keep him safe while he has reduced movement speed in 4, you built his 3 so that he has a failsafe to "gtfo" when it gets rough as a backup plan to his 2nd ability failing. This warframe has become useless on his own let alone when he is compared to others in the same "play category". I can not fathom what your goal was because forcing us to try to utilize his 1 as a main ability is not going to happen with this update

If I have it wrong, please let another players enlighten me or tell me what im missing 

2 minutes ago, Condeangel said:

Void survival alerts and Ani don't count because of how weak they are.

So this update contains an event that doesn't give any more rewards than just fixing some people's ocds of seeing icons that are not usable on some different planets in the star chart and also nerfing the only worth it ability in revenants kit, not making his 2 an actual defensive ability a la Amesha like people where expecting, making his 1 occupy even more spawn slots so survivals are even harder with him and adding fx to his 3 that still doesn't fix how slow it is and the fact it's only useful to move around while in his 4 and having still the insane cost of 75 energy for a movement ability that moves you at a third of the speed of anyone's bullet jump while cold procced? No wonder people are not happy with the update :b

Please don't take me for an A****** I'm just trying to be realistic and upfront about how pointless the update feels like :\

Archived