Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Solo interception for riven

Girador

Question

So my most recent riven requires that I complete an interception mission of level 30 or higher solo without becoming downed or dying with a hobbled dragon key equipped. Anyone have any suggestions for how to accomplish this? I have no freaking clue

12 minutes ago, Girador said:

So my most recent riven requires that I complete an interception mission of level 30 or higher solo without becoming downed or dying with a hobbled dragon key equipped. Anyone have any suggestions for how to accomplish this? I have no freaking clue

oof, that might be the hardest one i've ever seen.

i once asked  how can someone solo an interception on sorties, i will quote some of their answers, hopefully it will help:

If you're not concerned/dealing with Nullifier bubbles, an Efficiency+Duration+Range Limbo makes it a cakewalk as enemies always swarm the captured nodes in order. Just drop a Cataclysm on your first node, keep stasis up, and don't kill anything. After a short while all the enemies that'll spawn, save one or two stragglers, will be trapped on the edge of/in the bubble while you just wait out the rounds. Even if you happen to lose two nodes, chances are by the time that happens you'll have a pretty insurmountable lead.

Max range Loki Rad Disarm build makes all intercept missions a cake walk.. Disarm your enemies, pretend they are cats and your decoy the laser pointer

On top of Vauban/Limbo/DisarmLoki i would add big range chaos nyx or SlowNova, makes it fairly easy aswell.

I run SlowNova lately on Interceptions, you have plenty of time to react when you see a point is about to be captured.

Any frame that can prevent enemies from doing anything like Nidus, and Khora are good frames to do this quickly. Also Hobbled dragon key only effects sprint speed and not parkour maneuvers like bullet jump and rolling. I suggest doing Mithra since there tends to be a very low number of spawns and all the enemies tend to spawn at the same point so if you camp at that point all the enemies will eventually be there. Also there is a spawn cap so rather than killing enemies just CC them.

50 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

Ivara, Prowl, and Noise Arrow.  Doesn't matter the level or map.  

This right here is how i do it...level does matter tho i recommend pluto. 1 of 2 maps will spawn i find the smaller one easier (if you have to take an elevator before you start thats the big map, abort and respawn. High range and dur/eff and keep noise arrow up at all times, try to get them towards the center. I start on point b, run to a then d then c....stay up on the ledge at c and fire noise arrows and thats it

3 hours ago, Girador said:

go to xini

Get banshee with some specters

Capture one by one using silence and sound quake

drop a specter

Job easily done

Do not capture 4 points, u will fail

Capture only 3. make sure you have good efficiency and range on banshee

I like Frost with some power range at Xini for this, placing the bubbles over both consoles causes the AI to take 30s to capture instead of 10s to capture.  Drastically increases your margin for error or laziness.

Capturing going D > B > A > C manipulates their AI so they heavily prioritize Point D over all the others as long as they are not killed, you may want to cast Avalanche once between capturing A and C if you want to play extra safe since they may already be capturing point D when you were at B.

Now just hide/stealth your Frost and camp point D in Operator mode.  When/If they are capturing, just CC them with Operator so they don't die, their 30 second capture time is equivalent to 15% progress if you have all points captured (so you don't need to do anymore at 85%).

If you want to speed things up a bit; kill all the mobs once the progress reaches 97%+ and that should skip the 15+s extermination phase making the run consistently faster than most clean 4 man runs.  Or just void blast them if they are like level 9999 (or if you have no good weapons), the rag-dolling counts as killing them to the game for the purpose of skipping/passing Extermination Phase.

This is the most safe/low effort/ build I know of for this that doesn't exploit the AI/Game mechanics to questionable levels; the only downside is that it is very boring to where I end up alt - tabbing to read/watch stuff instead of playing.

Edited by Ailyene
Minor

7 hours ago, corallein said:

Hobbled Dragon Key doesn't affect parkour maneuvers, so just bullet jump everywhere and keep enemies off the point capture consoles.

I had this challenge two days ago and this is definitely the best advise.

It only hinders you sprint speed, which means when pressins "shift" and honestly who sprints?

You don't need spectres, setups or whatever.

Just pick a frame you're comfortable with and parkour and void dash around, its a walk in the park. I went with Equinox.

Pluto, Cerberus is exactly lvl 30 if you're looking for the easiest interception mission

I did this on Sedna interception with Limbo and a powerful specter, weakest one of the four was well enough. Summon specter, make it hold position in a point you captured, forget that point. Cap another point and hold it with cataclysm (4th ability) and stasis (2nd ability). Then cap a third point and hold it by yourself and use health pizzas if needed, also vitality mod. Refresh cataclysm and stasis when they run out on the second point.

There're lots of suitable frames to trivialize it.

My favourite is range+efficiency Limbo. After capturing all the points you just stand in the middle of the map, using 4th skill on any the point enemy try to capture. It breaks capturing process and deals some damage. You can dispell it instantly or shoot ones trapped inside it. Make sure to stay in the Rift, don't get inside your own cataclysms (otherwise you'll be forced out of the Rift when you leave it) and you don't run low on energy because of Limbo's passive abilitiy.

Better choose Grineer or Infested location, because Nullifiers can't be dealt without leaving the Rift.

Le 10/09/2018 à 20:13, FlyingDice a dit :

Slowva and a decent weapon.

Le 10/09/2018 à 19:50, KlutzMeister a dit :

pest luck ive had with this was on xini, eris with max range nyx and a zenistar

^This. I've had this "challenge" many, many times and Slowva on Xini was the best option. 

It's serioulsy not such a difficult challenge, but again none are hard once you know how to cheese them. 

All of these are great suggestions but I’d also like to nominate Wukong just because he doesn’t get enough Interception mission love.

Equip a any good primary (I run the Corinth Prime) and your celestial twin picks stuff off from across the map while you stand there and capture towers.  At Xini I can just stand there and do nothing with my melee while the twin deals with all enemies.

The hobbled dragon key slows his cloud walker ability but you can still use that to travel from tower to tower and cloud walker refills your life while traveling.

I also run a Sahasa Kubrow who digs up energy orbs at each tower while you wait so everytime you move to a new tower you get more energy and can continuously use cloud walker without running out of energy.

Edited by (PSN)CincoFive05

Find the Blueprint for Dragon Key in the Market (the terminal on right side of orbiter bridge)

use your Foundry to construct the Key

equip the Key via your aresnal

Set matchmaking to SOLO

remember to equip the Riven onto your weapon!

do the mission

Stand on and interception point kill nearby enemies it to capture it, points cannot be captured if enemies are also on the point.

move back and fourth between the 4 points doing this to keep them captured.

Don't die.

That's all there is to it.

1 hour ago, RazerXPrime said:

What's with these console players necroing all these threads. I swear it's only console players. I saw threads from 2013 being necro'd this week. I mean I know they play on dated hardware, but why go back in time on the forums too? <smirk>

Something wrong with the Forums View maybe? it does get filtered based on player platform, maybe the timestamps are screwed up for console profiles specifically and its displaying old content on the frontpage