Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Battle Royale

LordPancakez

Beating a dead horse over and over again...

Do you want DE to siphon off their resources to develop a game mode that'll probably fail while delaying future content even further? It's like people have half a brain and only want what they want without even considering the repercussions of those decisions. Warframe is - and will always be - a highly-oriented PvE game. You come to Warframe for its content, not to change it so it fits into the mold like every other game out there. And it has a reputable enough community but that's being degraded already by the popularity spike inviting in toxic elements.

Not this s..t again!

Whats so amazing on a mode where you spend 30 mins just running around on the big empty map until you meet some one?!If WF gets this mode it would be just players bullet jumping around and bush campers with snipers,such joy, count me out!!!

58 minutes ago, LordPancakez said:

Warframe open worlds are really big and recently Battle Royale PvP are up and coming so a way to bring back PvP in warframe could be introduction of a Battle Royale mode in the open world of Eidolon and/or Fortuna.

What does everyone else think?

Another thread suggesting Battle Royale. Just No! Don't stain this game with such toxic gamemode!

PS: Many people before you also suggested it, and the answer is the same (which is good).

Edited by NaoPerturbe

52 minutes ago, LordPancakez said:

Warframe open worlds are really big and recently Battle Royale PvP are up and coming so a way to bring back PvP in warframe could be introduction of a Battle Royale mode in the open world of Eidolon and/or Fortuna.

I don't want that. I do want a large scale PvE mode, kinda like Battlefield's Conquest except against AI.

I do eventually want to see a large scale PvP mode, but Warframe needs to undergo some major mechanical changes for that to work imo. That includes changes to core movement (including new, realistic, and more natural mo-capped and IK-based animations), gunplay (and specifically how we move with guns), and melee gameplay. Without such changes, PvP will never work well imo.

No. Battle Royale is worse for the game. If it already takes atleast 30 seconds to load into a mission with a squad of 4, 100 in a single game would either crash the game or it would take forever, although it would more than likely crash due to it overloading. Pvp needs a rework I agree, but battle royale doesn't belong in warframe. Besides, endgame isn't achievable by adding another way to kill enemies, it gets boring and repetitive much like call of duty. 

1 hour ago, LordPancakez said:

No thanks

I wonder how many people actually read the original post before commenting. The original poster is actually bringing up a very good suggestion. He is stating to have a battle royale "mode", not turn Warframe into a battle royal. Warframe has always been about giving players options to play and have fun the way they like. Now i personally don't play a lot of battle royale games but from a few I have tried, I can see how fun they can be.

This is also a very good marketing strategy because whether you all like it or not, battle royal games are at the top right now.Having an OPTIONAL mode within Warframe for that would certainly attract a lot of newer players if this is done right. A big as place like Fortuna could certainly be ideal for this. The only problem is right now the Warframe devs seem to have no intention of making missions more than 4 players in one match. Even Fortuna/Venus is being shipped with 4 player cap as well. So I don't see battle royal being something even being considered by the devs.

Anyways, good suggestion @LordPancakez

vor 5 Stunden schrieb LordPancakez:

A big fat no.

Let's not and say we didn't. There is already more than enough generic cash grab companies vying over battle royale in the hopes of being next fortnite, we don't need to add warframe to the ever growing list of groan inducing copycats who apparently have no faith in their own creative capabilities. 

Given that Warframe is based on peer to peer hosting it would need a substantial rewrite of the core game mechanics, along with investment in servers to run it (presumably in multiple global sites to reduce lag) to support a game mode that may or may not have much uptake. I doubt DE would be interested in that financial outlay without some solid commitment/promise of financial return.

8 hours ago, -Bv-Qrow_Wraith said:

I want Battle Royale, but not in the PVP. I want to go in with a team of 4-8 people is a survival like competition to who can make it the furthest with enemies, bosses and eximus units raining in on you while Nef Anyo tries to bombard you from orbit. 

That's not battle royale, it's a good old fashioned horde survival mode.

Which, uh, we functionally already have, except they killed all reason for anyone to actually try for long times beyond internal satisfaction.