Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Power Donation possibly detrimental to Speedva. Change Speedva?

Taranus

So it was announced here:

that we're getting a new aura.

Power Donation (Aura): -30% Power Strength, +30% Power Strength for teammates

This sounds great. Usually more power strength is helpful. However, when running Speedva, which is a Nova build that relies on low power strength to speed up enemies with Molecular Prime, more power strength can be detrimental. Other players giving you power strength when don’t want it isn’t as cool.

Speedva is  very useful for speeding up defense missions. Especially on Hydron, where it can help you level much faster. Or even on low level Defense Fissures. I love running Speed Nova. She makes rounds go faster, and going faster is the name of the game when it comes to Warframe.

Could Nova be changed so that power strength doesn't affect her speed? It could ruin your build by making molecular prime speed up enemies. It also introduces the tricky situation where by trying to help the team, someone is potentially hindering it. Growing power doesn't help either.

You could use Power Donation yourself as Nova, but then you're missing out on other, more helpful auras. If there's two other players with Power Donation, it will negate your having it anyway by bringing you up to 70% power strength. A whole team of players running power donation puts the speed nova at 100% power strength. That’s discounting any possible players with coaction drift, which would only bring speed nova’s power strength higher, possibly making her a slow nova. At that point you might as well quit the mission

It just seems like an unnecessary burden at that point anyway.

What does everyone think?

Edited by Taranus

1 minute ago, Taranus said:

I know moving away from the teammate is an option

Is it though? Aura mods generally just apply to everyone, regardless of distance. So moving away wont do anything.

There will be no way to opt out of it.

8 minutes ago, krc473 said:

Is it though? Aura mods generally just apply to everyone, regardless of distance. So moving away wont do anything.

Damn I thought they had a maximum range. You learn something new about Warframe every day. 

I was was hoping we could get a toggle or something though. I’m not sure if DE has even thought of this issue. 

3 minutes ago, MJako said:

10% strength Speedva? Looking forward to it. what happens if we ever get another -strength mod and go below 0%? Will enemies spawn backward in time? 😛

But if some else is running the mod, and you aren’t it will put you at 70%, and two other people would put you at 100%. 

The 10% power strength only comes from if you’re running it and no one else is. Two other people running it while you  are will put you at 70%  

This also ignore the effect of someone using coaction drift, which will only make it worse for the speedva. 

Edited by Taranus

3 minutes ago, MJako said:

10% strength Speedva? Looking forward to it. what happens if we ever get another -strength mod and go below 0%? Will enemies spawn backward in time? 😛

Given that it's 30% slow by default, +/- power strength, at -100% power strength (0% total) they'll simply move 70% faster.

19 minutes ago, krc473 said:

I think it may just be easier to let Nova have two options while casting her 4, tap to Slow, hold to Speed Up.

I've always wanted that for her, and this just gives us more reason to have such an option that doesn't force us to gimp our regular Nova build.

not every mod is gonna synergize with every frame. that said, I love those mods, I think Cautious Shot has a chance to increase Launcher usage rates as it helps negate most of the self damage issue. Vigorous Swap could become VERY strong if we do get that instantaneous weapon swap, and Rolling guard could become pretty good as well. 

I'm especially glad that the Arbiters have been tied to this now. it's not the same as a quest or event, but it's a start. seems DE haven't totally forgotten about the Tenno fanboy club after all!

I’m sure this aura relies on dedicated teams and will only work well on premade groups, not in pubgs. Even if it is, you also have to consider the rarity of the mod and how tough it is to get it, and also the benefits of it....it sounds too good imo, and if they’ll ever gonna balance it, I suggest they add a trigger to it like growing power has, I know it’ll be same-y, but it’s the best way to go 

6 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

not every mod is gonna synergize with every frame. that said, I love those mods, I think Cautious Shot has a chance to increase Launcher usage rates as it helps negate most of the self damage issue. Vigorous Swap could become VERY strong if we do get that instantaneous weapon swap, and Rolling guard could become pretty good as well. 

I'm especially glad that the Arbiters have been tied to this now. it's not the same as a quest or event, but it's a start. seems DE haven't totally forgotten about the Tenno fanboy club after all!

Not every mod works with every frame, but usually it’s up to you to decide what does. This opens up the possibility that other players could ruin your build with this new aura. You can’t control what mods other players run. You can only quit the mission. 

The new aura mod is just like Growing power, it gives players strength if they want it or not.

This new aura mod will most likely only be used either within pre-made groups or otherwise pubbies in pubbie matches using it because they think it's new so it's cool to use and have no idea about the implications it can have on players within the team. So with that in mind, why the hell are you people trying to plan around public matches, half of you I've seen say "if you don't like public then go recruit"

So time to swallow that big old tough pill. If you're too afraid to have some random pubbie mess with your all so perfect speed nova build then don't go public go with it and go recruit some nerds from recruiting and be in awe of your imaginary speed nova that we have no idea if it's hardcapped at -30% speed but I guess you can dream.

Edit: Oh also has no one thought of the idea of running 180% Strength Nova and using the new aura so the 30% means fudge all giving everyone on the team a static 30% buff and even if someone else thought about bringing power donation just means a bigger strength buff. Like come on the glass is half full here people, not half empty.

Edited by Joe_Barbarian

Just going to say that this whole new Aura discussion is almost the same as the Corrosive Projection one from many times before:

"But what if someone ISN'T using Corrosive Projection is the Grineer Sortie Public Mission? This will mean they're only at 60% or even just 30% Armor Reduction, making the mission Too Hard! (DE, let us force other people to use the Auras we want them to use in our Squads, or give us Kick function)"

The Answer is: Communication

For Public missions, yeah, this is always going to be difficult. For the Hydron example, just spawn in, check your team, and if you see another Speedva there with the Aura, well, just like when you see a Max Range/Duration Limbo, just quit/abort and try again.

Just quit the mission then.

Chances of everyone on the team donating their power to your speedva is basically zero percent because most people prefer to keep their own power and have better mods for their space/slot.  

So the situation outlined will only occur once every million years and waste you 2 minutes to remake the game.

I think we can live with that.

Edited by wtflag

Tbf, Nova's Speed Up wasn't intentional to begin with...just kinda left it as a happy accident.  That being said....answer is simple:  Recruit, Talk to other Tenno.  It's not hard, and certainly not worth complaining about a new mod.

People complain about lack of content....but then complain about things we DO get.  Can't friggin' win...

For a co-op, people really do only think of themselves ... smfh..

Why are we getting a mod that combats growing power? 

Which as long as you notice it you can avoid casting or double cast to remove and then cast the right ps. 

This mod sounds specific to Nova and her speed capability,  and honestly should be a warframe specific aura,  this way having two or more speedva is the only problem. 

Besides growing power is still the better option over the two,  aside from some Warframes without status..  Titania, in her 4 for instance,  but specters can process this for you. 

Edited by Squeekly

46 minutes ago, zombiedeadhead said:

In this game, no one is going to give up power stregth, especially not to help team mates. There will be a niche for this in organised groups, but will people randonmly play Hydron with this equiped? Never happen.

Limbo, shield build eidolon Volt and Inaros come to mind. I'm not familiar with a lot of frames so I must've missed quite a few, like Zephyr and Nekros though cp is my default aura for Nekros due to Sedna arena.

And I've seen enough Trinity players on top of myself in ESO and SO, which has selfish reasons behind it too, but it's still one of the less selfish frames so. And I'd totally rock the mod on all frames I can which don't need strength, to help teammates, whether it's public squad or organized one.

Edited by BoarWarrior

56 minutes ago, (PS4)Taishin_Ishu said:

Tbf, Nova's Speed Up wasn't intentional to begin with...just kinda left it as a happy accident.  That being said....answer is simple:  Recruit, Talk to other Tenno.  It's not hard, and certainly not worth complaining about a new mod.

People complain about lack of content....but then complain about things we DO get.  Can't friggin' win...

For a co-op, people really do only think of themselves ... smfh..

novas speed buff being unintentional does not mean a thing for a long time, and especially not for this discussion. and people "complain" cus the new "content" can hurt their playstyle in a way that they dont really have anything to do to prevent it from happening. 

1 hour ago, Joe_Barbarian said:

The new aura mod is just like Growing power, it gives players strength if they want it or not.

This new aura mod will most likely only be used either within pre-made groups or otherwise pubbies in pubbie matches using it because they think it's new so it's cool to use and have no idea about the implications it can have on players within the team. So with that in mind, why the hell are you people trying to plan around public matches, half of you I've seen say "if you don't like public then go recruit"

So time to swallow that big old tough pill. If you're too afraid to have some random pubbie mess with your all so perfect speed nova build then don't go public go with it and go recruit some nerds from recruiting and be in awe of your imaginary speed nova that we have no idea if it's hardcapped at -30% speed but I guess you can dream.

Edit: Oh also has no one thought of the idea of running 180% Strength Nova and using the new aura so the 30% means fudge all giving everyone on the team a static 30% buff and even if someone else thought about bringing power donation just means a bigger strength buff. Like come on the glass is half full here people, not half empty.

i know the "use recruit system" excuse would pop up sooner or later. problem is, recruit is nowhere as quick as public missions at all and not everybody has the time to wait for a squad to pop up for their missions. 

Edited by Zeclem

The better question is what if all four player using this aura? If everyone have a -30 and plus 30 powerstrength then this will multiply or just negate it?

If multiply so +90 in this case 160% powerstrength gaining instant then it is nice but your part is basically means a little more power overall.

Imagine 4 Nidus in a team or imagine a raid mission. If the new raids coming with 8 person then it would be a bloody massacre.

The other aura 

Also that mod which gives -90% self damage and reduce 30% damage seems a dead by born mod but let's check it on the lenz builds.

Edited by Grekkatarq
Fix

1 minute ago, Grekkatarq said:

The better question is what if all four player using this aura? If everyone have a -30 and plus 30 powerstrength then this will multiply or just negate it?

If multiply so +90 in this case 160% powerstrength gaining instant then it is nice but your part is basically means a little more power overall.

Imagine 4 Nidus in a team or imagine a raid mission. If the new raids coming with 8 person then it would be a bloody massacre.

The other aura which gives -90% self damage and reduce 30% damage seems a dead by born mod but let's check it on the lenz builds.

that self damage mod isnt an aura.