Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Anyone else not know she was just called "Valkyr"

RealHeftyTrout

21 minutes ago, RealHeftyTrout said:

Been calling her Valkyrie ever since I started playing and only now just found out she's just called Valkyr. 

Valkyr is short for Valkyrie. A female Spirit who chooses the one who may die in battle and those who may live. 

19 minutes ago, (PS4)Equinox21697 said:

And Bimbo is actually called Limbo, can't believe I never read their names which are written in bold text in several different parts of the screen whenever they're equipped before now 😮

This is a personal attack 

6 minutes ago, mosaickle said:

Everyone calls her "Valk-ear" in YouTube videos and more, not sure how you mixed it up with "Valk-r-ree" unless you've never watched a single video involving her

I  rarely watch WF Youtubers.

3 hours ago, RealHeftyTrout said:

Been calling her Valkyrie ever since I started playing and only now just found out she's just called Valkyr. 

common misconception I think, I know several people who do this as well. as long as people know who you mean, it's fine. I once nicknamed her the Crazy Cat Lady, but then we got Khora so..

many of the names of frames are taken from mythologies and then altered to make them a bit more unique. some of them are straight up references: the real life Vauban was a 17th- century French Engineer who was skilled at designing both fortress defenses, and the siege engines that could be used to break them. it's quite interesting to see what they come up with with each new frame!

Edited by (PS4)robotwars7

I've heard so many people pronounce Galatine as Galantine,
that at one point I had to check whether I was the one who had been doing it wrong lol.

Also, there are those who refer to Booben as ... what was it, Vauban or something, what's up with that? People are silly.

Since we are all admitting embarrassing things, I'll share mine.

I totally had a brain-fart and didn't realize that Ducats are spelled and pronounced the same way as the IRL Ducats. So it is pronounced "Duck-its" and not "Dew-Cats" as I've been wrongfully pronouncing them for over a year. I personally like cats more than ducks but oh well.

17 hours ago, NinjaZeku said:

I've heard so many people pronounce Galatine as Galantine,
that at one point I had to check whether I was the one who had been doing it wrong lol.

Also, there are those who refer to Booben as ... what was it, Vauban or something, what's up with that? People are silly.

6 hours ago, IntheCoconut said:

Since we are all admitting embarrassing things, I'll share mine.

I totally had a brain-fart and didn't realize that Ducats are spelled and pronounced the same way as the IRL Ducats. So it is pronounced "Duck-its" and not "Dew-Cats" as I've been wrongfully pronouncing them for over a year. I personally like cats more than ducks but oh well.

I know they call it duck-its, but i refuse to call them so because before baro said that himself most of the community (that i know) are already calling it dew-kats for years. Also, duckits sounds less scifi-ish and less cool.

Edited by (PS4)watt4hem