Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Guilty Pleasure Frame

(XBOX)zThulsaDoomz

*ponders*

1. Zephyr

I enjoy the protection from all ranged attacks, and use her quite well. But many players see her & facepalm.

2. Banshee

Folks cringe when they see her thanks to her reputation for clearing the Hydron run in her sleep in 5 parsecs. But I enjoy her CC immensely.

3. Wukong

I love him but have yet to find a loadout that works well enough with his kit to return him to my regularly played frames. (Sorry @DeMonkey) Whenever I do a pub as him folks actually bother type: "Why?"

I admit...makes me laugh.

4. Limbo

I proudly learned how to play this guy properly. Sadly his reputation still makes people run screaming. I have no idea why. DE has changed him to a point where he's stupid OP. No drawbacks to him anymore really but I guess folks gotta keep the meme alive.

5. Revenant

I want to learn him. I think I've learned him. But I feel so useless as him. But damn do I like his look.

I used to enjoy Limbo before they changed him. When I could find a squad to play with it was pretty fun, but due to the constant host migrations I sold him a while ago.

I know he gets a lot of hate but I love Revenant, his design is enjoyable and I find his kit to be a good match for my play style. I don't expect this to last long though due to all the hate he gets. I figure he will get changed a short time in the future and I may have to relearn him all over again.

Ember again a lot of people don't like her because she can be pretty squishy but some people just want to watch the world burn.

1 hour ago, (PS4)Zero_029 said:

4. Limbo

I proudly learned how to play this guy properly. Sadly his reputation still makes people run screaming. I have no idea why. DE has changed him to a point where he's stupid OP. No drawbacks to him anymore really but I guess folks gotta keep the meme alive.

I love using my Limbo. he's awesome now.

But I consistently run into people who use a massive rift, and then don't use stasis. Which defeats the purpose of a massive rift, lol.

I guess i should feel guilty for playing Limbo, Nyx and Trinity (without an EV spam build everyone seems to instantly cry about not having when they see one)because others don't seem to know how to use them without one trick builds.

I used to try using Limbo as a support (didn't work most of the time), used Nyx for survival (but almost no one knew how to use it correctly, so it got tweaked, lost its charm and i don't even want to touch it anymore), Trinity as a melee-debuff-support-dps hybrid with infinite channeling. (but people still cry for 'muh energy' out of lazyness even if they use Zenurik focus, though it's not a problem if you use the right console commands to turn off all chat channels 😇)

Got to say Saryn as well. I've had her for a long time but just started using her last week as I needed another masskilling frame for an eidolon lens. Honestly I hate it when others spam her abilities in PUBs as I quickly get bored with nothing to kill, and loot gets way too spread out. I at least make sure to only use her abilities while the focus booster is active, and let the others have their fun in between, lol. No complaints so far.

Edited by SirTobe

I wouldn't say I have a guilty pleasure frame: as a mainly Solo player my frames are only ever for me, so they're technically all Guilty Pleasures in a way. but I do enjoy Zephyr an Limbo more than is healthy for others. I don't grief or anything and still pull my weight, but I don't feel bad about taking up a slot of a potentially more useful frame because i'm having too much fun flying around or rift-tanking to care!