Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Auction house system?

Luciole77

hace 2 minutos, DeMonkey dijo:

Citation needed.

Or I should say "most of the players would want this" specially newcomers, but well usually here in forums theres mostly old players that might don't want their vaulted sets to devaluate because higher supply and easier aquisition.

It would be just how warframe.market works, and I'm pretty sure those that sells and buy there are pretty happy with how the system works and thats pretty much the official site for prices and they are set by supply and demand so it's pretty fair imo.

• Like 1

While I agree that the current trade system is greatly flawed,  any system used can be abused.  There are ways to manipulate prices in an auction house also.  Still it wouldn't be as bad as things are now.  Remember OP.  The same people who try to shoot down every other similar thread are the same who are gona respond first to this one.  They are called the vocal minority and stand the most to lose by an auction house.  They are also the ones who will try to make sure others cant have a reasonable conversations over ther constant objections.  Plus DE has gone back on other things they said no to before so keep trying.

Also if they implemented an auction house it may make it too easy to sell for plat, cutting down on DEs profits.  

Edited by (PS4)Ashagin
  • Like 3

hace 5 minutos, Zeclem dijo:

oh yeah, lets do an auction house so botters can actually infest this game as well /s

only kind of auction house i'd support is one that requires player interaction. basically just take what warframe.market is doing and put it directly in game with 0 changes. 

Right, bots can be a problem too, but theres gotta be a anti bot solution just like captcha works on websites for example for auto posting/auto bidding/auto buying.

But well I wouldn't mind if the system warframe.market can be copied to the game as it is, it's already way better than trade chat,

1 minute ago, llls1cKb0ylll said:

Right, bots can be a problem too, but theres gotta be a anti bot solution just like captcha works on websites for example for auto posting/auto bidding/auto buying.

But well I wouldn't mind if the system warframe.market can be copied to the game as it is, it's already way better than trade chat,

theres a very good reason why most online games did not use captchas. it makes logging in to the game extremely annoying and it doesnt stop botting in videogaming as much. 

4 minutes ago, Zeclem said:

only kind of auction house i'd support is one that requires player interaction. basically just take what warframe.market is doing and put it directly in game with 0 changes. 

This would be a huge step in the right direction.

However, what would make it a hundred times better is if instead of zero changes, they added the ability to see actual transaction (not advertised) price history. 

This removes the need for any advertised-price tracking bots entirely.

Especially if they banned people for repeatedly trading the same items around to manipulate price history. 

3 minutes ago, llls1cKb0ylll said:

Well I think they should listen to us now then

Listen != "Cave To Your Every Whim"

DE does listen. Always. They just don't always agree or sometimes it's simply not feasible for reasons that are not apparent to the players. And it's literally impossible to give every player exactly what they want because players want opposing things. DE does what they feel is best for the longterm health of the game - and an auction house just isn't it.

I can kind of agree with DE making a warframe market type system that is just a listing of things people have for sale and leaving everything else as is... but is it really necessary since warframe.market already exists?

Just now, llls1cKb0ylll said:

Sadly bots are better at captcha than humans are.

• Like 2

The current trade system in Warframe is a trainwreck....... that said the bigger trainwreck is probably the Warframe economy. As much as I want an in game marketplace, all that would serve to do in the long run is shine a light on the economic dumpsterfire. 

So yes a Marketplace would be great QoL but No I don't think it would work for Warframe because the only thing holding trading together as it stands is the spit and ducttape of the obfuscation of the IRC trade chat.  

5 minutes ago, beol said:

This would be a huge step in the right direction.

However, what would make it a hundred times better is if instead of zero changes, they added the ability to see actual transaction (not advertised) price history. 

This removes the need for any advertised-price tracking bots entirely.

Especially if they banned people for repeatedly trading the same items around to manipulate price history. 

yeah that would be good. 

13 minutes ago, (PS4)Ashagin said:

While I agree that the current trade system is greatly flawed,  any system used can be abused.  There are ways to manipulate prices in an auction house also.  Still it wouldn't be as bad as things are now.  Remember OP.  The same people who try to shoot down every other similar thread are the same who are gona respond first to this one.  They are called the vocal minority and stand the most to lose by an auction house.  They are also the ones who will try to make sure others cant have a reasonable conversations over ther constant objections.  Plus DE has gone back on other things they said no to before so keep trying.

Also if they implemented an auction house it may make it too easy to sell for plat, cutting down on DEs profits.  

firstly, cut down on ad hominems. secondly, find me a f2p game that has an auction house and doesnt have/had a botting problem. vast majority of them do/did. and its solely cus of auction houses allowing them to do.

we dont seek to destroy any arguments, we seek proper arguments instead of beating this same dead horse cus people arent capable of understanding the damage botting will do to this game if auction house became a thing. 

It will never happen. I want an AH but it will never happen.

Too much money revolves around it, DE did nothing when it could but now I have the feeling they even like the current situation. Don't bother trying to use arguments and logic when money and self interest are at stake.

32 minutes ago, llls1cKb0ylll said:

Why? I'm pretty sure most of the players want this and been waiting for it for years.

Maybe you should conduct a poll or something before making statements like that. :wink:

Not everyone is interested in trading.

EDIT: If you want a direct answer as to why they haven't implemented an auction house, try posting on DE's Twitter feed...just a thought.

Edited by FlusteredFerret

8 minutes ago, Cyandrel said:

I guess the Diablo 3 AH fiasco was long enough ago that people forgot it happened.

DE probably hasn't though, which is why this notion will never gain traction where it matters.

Except we already have most of the bad parts of D3 RMAH. We just have it with a terrible interface. 

The take away from D3 is that players vastly prefer playing a game designed around self-found over one designed around only getting loot you don't want, selling that and having to buy what you actually use, not that the later system would be peachy if it had a terrible interface and you had to use third-party sites as a work-around. 

Warframe is not in nearly as bad a place as D3 was at launch, of course, because you can play it self-found, it's free to play, and there is no way to cash-out for real money without violating TOS (and hopefully getting banned) but the lessons of D3 have most definitely not been incorporated. 

• Like 2

Go look at the Market in EVE Online. Talk to CCP about how to implement the Market into the game.

Players in EVE have been trading ingame currency for realtime subscription for a long time so they're no strangers to virtual/real currency transactions which would be the case in Warframe because we trade with Platinum for items. They've got the Market aspect right.

• Like 1

hace 4 minutos, (PS4)Ashagin dijo:

Totally agree with you, but well theres gotta be ways to prevent market manipulation, starting with for example, only "X max post per day" depending on your MR just like ammount of trades per day, and well since what I'm proposing is an automated trade system, once you posted it, for example, if somebody is posting stuff at lower market price, somebody gonna be abble to buy it for that price automatically so is a loss for that seller trying to manipulate prices and well if you don't have the actual item you want to manipulte the price, you wouln't even be able to post it in the 1st place. And yea the vocal minority is usually the first ones against these kind of suggestions. I think DE gotta start listening to us before more drama keeps going on and to solve the problems with the actual system or at least, enhace it. 

hace 2 minutos, FlusteredFerret dijo:

Maybe you should conduct a poll or something before making statements like that. :wink:

Not everyone is interested in trading.

Pretty sure a poll would be manipulated from those against it, a system that would benefit all the players and not a minority, it's pretty much common sense that would be welcomed for most of the players.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Zeclem said:

firstly, cut down on ad hominems. secondly, find me a f2p game that has an auction house and doesnt have/had a botting problem. vast majority of them do/did. and its solely cus of auction houses allowing them to do.

we dont seek to destroy any arguments, we seek proper arguments instead of beating this same dead horse cus people arent capable of understanding the damage botting will do to this game if auction house became a thing. 

For one thing, I wasnt arguing for or against an auction house.  I just stated how these threads turn out everytime.  And if you choose to think I'm talking about you personally then that's all you.  The OP has a right to make the thread.  That's his choice.  If a handful of people want to take it as an affront to ther way of life then like I said.  That's a solely personal problem.  And when the most common response is "DE already said no", then obviously some are not aware that DE has changed ther stance on a subject on more than one occasion. 

• Like 1

hace 7 minutos, Zeclem dijo:

Well botting is a problem that DE would have to face and try to solve, it's not up to me on how they should do it, but starting with a captcha and/or 2FA before posting, wouldn't be that hard to implement imo.

7 minutes ago, llls1cKb0ylll said:

Pretty sure a poll would be manipulated from those against it, a system that would benefit all the players and not a minority, it's pretty much common sense that would be welcomed for most of the players.

It wouldn't even need to be actively manipulated, simply making a poll on a forum or a subreddit already introduces massive bias. Only a fraction of the player base actually bothers visiting online discussion boards, and it's not a representative sample. Forum and subreddit population is composed mostly of players who are heavily involved and invested in the game, a subgroup that literally all the trade and riven scammers belong into.

Edited by SordidDreams
  • Like 1

I would be one of the first players to sell every thing for 1-5plat ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
and i think i won´t be the only one. Since it´s faster and has no interactions.
For players who have much stuff lieing around this would be better since you sell more but for a less.
For new players this would be pretty bad since they won´t get enough for slots/stuff they want, since they don´t have much to offer.
This would decrease prices very fast and don´t think most of the players would want that.