The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So whats your opineon on ANTHEM?

_Dan

12 hours ago, (XB1)poodlebingo 65 said:

I currently play with two profiles, one has 2729 hours played and the other has 4355 hours. I have also spent hundreds of £and have enjoyed, for the most part, that 'investment'.

As far as DE is concerned, they got out of you what they needed. 

Very few games boast that kind of player time. No player is expected to stay forever. It's a cycle. As a long as each player earns their keep and pays their dues in-game, DE has everything they need. 

I have pre-ordered the game and don't then expect to return to Warfame, though never say never.

I hope you enjoy the lootboxes in Anthem. 

More enlightened players than me have ideas about the game's future, DE should listen and at least communicate with those players instead of cultivating their own online personalities.

How exactly is DE not listening to their players? 

The only thing I see DE cultivating is the expansion of the game's systems and its ability to rival other top-tier triple-A titles like Destiny (and yes, Anthem). And with that expansion comes increased grind and such yes. But cmon bro, you're going to say all that and completely ignore that DE is coming out a #*!%ing RAILJACK this year? Tell me what game out there is going to boast of a ground-to-sky fluid mission system with space battles? Certainly not Anthem!

I doubt that this will happen but anyway DE, thanks for the ride and good luck.

I wish you the best bro. But whatever you do remember this: the $$$ you spent on Warframe served a good purpose. It helped a small studio grow into a powerful indie game studio that's making a F2P game that puts most AAA titles to shame. You helped an underdog. But the money you spent on Anthem didn't do anything but line EA's pockets with more money so that they can do more stupid S#&$ like Battlefront II, Andromeda. Battlefield V, and whatever else they choose to #*!% up in the coming years. And believe me - Anthem is going to be exactly the same stupid S#&$. Mark my words. 

Nothing lasts forever, but remember that once you leave Warframe you'll be hardpressed to find anything like it (unless Bungie gets their S#&$ together and creates a persistent universe Eververse game). 

4 hours ago, Illithar said:

If you really have an issue with China being involved with your games here's a thing: Tencent. They own, have a stake in, or have established partnerships with several gaming companies including Ubisoft, Riot Games, Take 2, Activision-Blizzard, Supercell, and Epic Games (They also partly own PUBG). More specifically, they own Riot Games, they have a 40% share in Epic Games, and have a majority stake in Supercell. The other two, Ubisoft and Activision-Blizzard, they own a stake and are using the investment to bring the devs various games to China in different forms. There are also rumors that they have, or are working on, a deal with Square-Enix to begin bringing their games to the Chinese market or produce new games for them based on existing or new IP's. 

And that's just one company. Do some cursory research and you find a lot of investment by Chinese companies in many foreign markets, American or otherwise.

Good point. I think the growing fear that a lot of people have about Chinese companies gaining a foothold in a lot of businesses is indicative of a more political conflict that is on the horizon. The truth is that China is the future, like it or not, and people who say that "I won't buy this game cuz it's China bruh" are going to be hardpressed to find something that some Chinese company hasn't invested in. I'm not saying that it's not an issue but it's something people are going to have to get used to. 

6 hours ago, (XB1)poodlebingo 65 said:

They are well aware of their failings and (can hear the laughter) have vowed to change. Lets give them a chance. Strange that no one has commented about DE being owned by a Chinese company. I've an inkling that China's disregard for human rights trumps anything that EA have done, however bad their company ethics were.

So just because the Chinese government does S#&$, every single Chinese company is S#&$? Is that your logic? You do know that the American government is full of S#&$ too right, and they the US has done evil S#&$ all over the world (and at home) in the name of "democracy?" And just cuz the US does S#&$ doesn't mean that all American companies are S#&$ either. Like how stupid would that sound if I said that just because Trump got elected, every company in America supports Trump. In fact, it's more of the opposite. Many companies in China are under the stranglehold of the government, and that will change eventually as China becomes more Westernized/Democratized. It's a just a matter of time. 

Also, DE is not owned by a Chinese company. They took a big investment/cash infusion, but the way it was set up, DE still retains majority control of the company, maybe not in terms of actual share ownership, but in terms of governance. And TBH, most major media/entertainment companies these days are having to take investments from foreign companies (esp China) because the investors at home are unavailable due to various reasons. A lot of it has to do with changing corporate mindset in America, and for a lot of companies, esp indie studios like DE, they'd rather take an investment from a foreign entity that's just trying to bring the game into their market instead of a domestic private equity firm that's planning on selling off the company in the future for a higher price. 

Nobody wants to be a sellout, but you gotta do what you gotta do. Just look at Bungie and the $100M investment they got from NetEase after their split from Activision recently. Plain and simple - they need the money. Is it something to be concerned about? Hell yeah. But it is what it is. DE did what they had to do with Leyou/Multi Dynamic. Personally, I really wish that they could've gotten support from a local media investment firm that's committed to actually building smaller companies up and helping them, but hey, it is what it is. 

39 minutes ago, Tricky5hift said:

Warframe is F2P which automatically makes it a fierce competitor.

IDK why people are so nervous about Anthem stealing Warframe's thunder like the game ain't even out yet and there's barely any gameplay out there.

Probably for attention and hype.

Watch as Anthem turns out to be a diarrhea disaster once more from Electronic Arts, filled to the brim with god-awful P2W schemes and microtransactions out the arse.

Cause, you know, games are expensive to make.

It's an all or nothing thing for me. 

I rather pre order like OP just in case I do love it. Besides game prices really haven't gone up in the over 20 years. What $10 usd? 

Anyway. As a completionist if I don't end up pre order ingredients Anthem I won't play it. It's a big company that doesn't need to do this. 

Warframes founders are different. The game literally may not have made it without them. Heck it may not have made it even with their investment. 

I wish I would have heard about it at that time.. I saved for the ultimate bundle for Elder Scrolls Online. And that was a mistake.. Pretty sure they gave out literally every pre order bonus as a sell able later. That would have been around the same time as the early access for Warframe... Money could have been better spent. 

1 hour ago, punipunichen said:

HEY HEY! they SAID!!!! NO P2W LOOT BOXES! ONLY COSMETICS AT LAUNCH!

Get it?

IIRC, they said no lootboxes period. It'll be more like Titanfall 2 (which, may I remind you, was also published by EA) where cosmetics are purchased directly.

hace 18 horas, xcenic dijo:

I pre-order anthem too but no because im Hype about it is just because im filthy rich and can afford any game that i want. A huge amount of people al salty about anthem its no only because EA, is just because is a pay game, you need ps+ for online or a NON potato computer. You can play warframe with out ps+ and a potato with a fan, They hate people moving to a better place or getting stuff that they cant afford.

warframe is good? as player we have to be thankful  

anthem is good? as player we should be also thankful.

If anthem bring good content and good gameplay i bet D.E. will have to use some kind of content nitro and no will present less contest drought since there is a new contender on the ring. 

Better the new games come, the more current developer have to improve they product. 

Im pushing for a good anthem game, a good destiny 3 game, and why no a good warframe updates.

competition is always good and healthy for everyone!

• Like 1

One of the problems I have with these so-called AAA games is that their life cycle is always limited. That may not be the case with Anthem, but it's not hard to imagine that there's going to be an Anthem 2 down the line (assuming the first one is successful and Bioware survives), like it happens with many other similarly-minded titles. This essentially means that all progress with the first game is simply lost after a relatively limited amount of time. This is even more apparent (or even blatant) with other AAA game series like those yearly releases of military shooters or the typical sports offerings (like NBA2K and FIFA).

Now contrast that with Warframe: the project is already several years old and I know it will last several more years. During all those years I can anticipate going back to my orbiter, checking my frames, my weapons, my pets, the various rooms. And play of course, finding games easily. Progress is not lost, and I don't have to worry about a Warframe 2 being in development that will throw all my progress out of the window.

So, I think, while a game like Anthem seems like a direct competitor to Warframe, the development mindset seems to be entirely different, making the games not incompatible with each other in a player's gaming time.

[Still, EA has to earn my trust]

On 2019-01-17 at 4:02 AM, METAHUMVN said:

I hope you enjoy the lootboxes in Anthem. 

The only thing I see DE cultivating is the expansion of the game's systems and its ability to rival other top-tier triple-A titles like Destiny 

Nothing lasts forever, but remember that once you leave Warframe you'll be hardpressed to find anything like it 

there wont be Loot boxes in anthem  according to youtubers

Warframe cant compete with destiny's when their Pvp player base is almost empty

stop getting triggered stop fan clubbing for warframe.

You dont help warframe developers cuz your a "Yes man" who only says yes to everything

DE need feedback for their game modes not more Yes mans trailing behind them.

Be grown enough to compliment other games while your criticising them if they do things better than warframe.

Only then can Warframe grow by learning from other successful games

Edited by (PS4)lokaspoka

1 hour ago, (PS4)lokaspoka said:

there wont be Loot boxes in anthem  according to youtubers

If you actually believe EA isn't going to monetize the ever-loving s*it out of Anthem if it does well at launch, I have a bridge to sell you.

Edited by Guest

The combat system and gameplay look interesting from an RPGer's standpoint, will definitely pull the market from what was Firefall and destiny since they have more similar systems. 

As for warframe however, no. Warframe is more or less targeted at a different audience, it might coerce some players into the fold but where warframe is spacegrindninjas, anthem is RPG open world buyin. 

On 2019-01-17 at 5:50 AM, punipunichen said:

Anthem? you mean slow ass Warframe wannabe? We'll see you after the Post Launch Monetization launches... maybe then you will remember what a fair game Warframe STILL IS!

Slow isnt the it more like balanced /equal the Anthem Javelins and enemy Mobility Speed is close to the same

this cant be said for warframe when the corpus and grinneer mobility is significantly slow compared to a warframes

why ppl like bullying them in PVE but when they come to PVP they are versing other warframes 

dealing with warframe speedy mobility manoverouses L1 (hold) L1(tap) and L+X becomes a quick turn off

topped with crammed stages with small designs doesnt go to well.

When a warframe user tries to flee using the mobility mechanics (see above)  it becomes cat and mouse game. 

On 2019-01-18 at 9:22 PM, (PS4)lokaspoka said:

Anthem will hold true to the name Paid Warframe

Except it isnt a paid Warframe game. It is more like Destiny and Firefall with far more (likely) story.

Just because they use mechanical suits it doesnt mean it is similar to WF. I dont think gameplay, progression nor itemization will be even near similar to WF.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

Except it isnt a paid Warframe game. It is more like Destiny and Firefall with far more (likely) story.

Just because they use mechanical suits it doesnt mean it is similar to WF. I dont think gameplay, progression nor itemization will be even near similar to WF.

Stopping being a  Warframe player that cant compliment another game but criticises  it cuz its not warframe

• Like 1

This is how I react to this post.

Seriously, good luck with Anthem, what a huge fail it's going to be, trusting EA is like walking around with a live grenade and believing it won't go off...

No company comes close to how much DE interacts with the players and Warframe completely puts to shame all those AAA Companies and other free2play titles. The amount of content DE puts in here in a single year, compared to companies with bigger budgets do with their titles still completely baffles me, expecially how free this game is and how the cash shop is set up.

DE even offers thousands of platinum, real money currency, many times per month for christ sake.... Troll OP is troll...

• Like 2

Цитата

1. The deal was 3 years ago, and the game has been fine since.

Fine as in 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTPIvWY7lsBzS6nh4ag3sj

More grind on top of the already existed grind, no rewards for your efforts only more pointless grind, barely anything new especially events - no return of old events either, barely any good/interesting warframes, barely any skins from De themselves and everything is flooder with paid Tennogen instead, stealth and not so stealth nerfs to many things mainly involving anything that makes grind easier - even bloody spare parts of all things how broken it is - and nerfs to warframes that make grind easier, no fixing of the old trash systems like archwing, no proper scaling or difficulty settings, no rework of 90% of useless arcanes aka the only end-game rewards.

Yes. This is "fine".

Edited by -Temp0-

9 minutes ago, (PS4)lokaspoka said:

Stopping being a  Warframe player that cant compliment another game but criticises  it cuz its not warframe

We can't criticse a game that hasn't came out yet, but sure as hell can criticise EA the worst, greedy and most evil video game company in the world! Everything they have done in the last 3 years is a joke and it's only going to get worse. Have fun with that game for the first month before they nerf everything and squeeze every dime nickle and penny out of your wallets Nef Anyo style!

Edited by (XB1)Skiller115