Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Final Sortie Failures?

Warhound98512

I have never had a big problem with trying to play content with other people. Not until I hit an actual challenge in Warframe, the lvl100 Sortie. I played 4 matches back to back, and had some very helpful team mates. However, even MR15 & up players were severely lacking in the skills department. I saw kids standing beside the ambulus not touching a button, others whacking it with basic ass melee weapons, and general dissonance and mayhem from my team. Not a "tough" mission that anyone is worried about actually making progress and completing. Im MR8 using the free Trinity Prime set and beginner beginner mods and still not having as much of a problem understanding what needs to be done and how to do it. I refuse to touch that cancerous content until i pull together a team with some fuukin common sense. Anyone else had problems with some Forest Gump level teammates?

I remember doing an ambulas assassination sortie earlier, and it was pretty damn hard, compared to usual content. Inexperienced players can stumble through other lvl 100 tasks fairly easily, but not this, and seems like you just happened across squadmates who weren't prepared enough. Happens all the time. The solution is to recruit for a squad.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, (PS4)Viveeeh said:

I remember doing an ambulas assassination sortie earlier, and it was pretty damn hard, compared to usual content. Inexperienced players can stumble through other lvl 100 tasks fairly easily, but not this, and seems like you just happened across squadmates who weren't prepared enough. Happens all the time. The solution is to recruit for a squad.

Solution for DE is more challenging missions like this

13 minutes ago, Warhound98512 said:

Forest Gump level teammates?

Idk if this applies. Forest Gump is certainly a brick for brains, with a beautiful heart, who always seems to get things done. 

I only imagine headset teams and they are all very illiterate, using unusual gear, but still over exceeding... I never read the book. 

Your Trinity is fine, if there isn't a nuke and some op gear on your team I wouldn't proceed to the fight. 

I usually take my Ash strip their intense armor completely and try to get some procs on followed by Glaive P. Hack it and defend it. 

I also run a smokescreen augment for this reason to make other n allies invisible so they worry less about being targeted. And throw a Nidus specter who will cc the nearby area. 

25 minutes ago, Warhound98512 said:

I have never had a big problem with trying to play content with other people. Not until I hit an actual challenge in Warframe, the lvl100 Sortie. I played 4 matches back to back, and had some very helpful team mates. However, even MR15 & up players were severely lacking in the skills department. I saw kids standing beside the ambulus not touching a button, others whacking it with basic ass melee weapons, and general dissonance and mayhem from my team. Not a "tough" mission that anyone is worried about actually making progress and completing. Im MR8 using the free Trinity Prime set and beginner beginner mods and still not having as much of a problem understanding what needs to be done and how to do it. I refuse to touch that cancerous content until i pull together a team with some fuukin common sense. Anyone else had problems with some Forest Gump level teammates?

If you mean the last one, it was pretty easy,  The last time it had elemental damage resistance and enemies had corrosive damage (Pretty impossible with 3 MR 4 players or players without skills or the right equipment.. )... The big problem is the lack of tutorials and a lot of players even high MR have no idea what to do because other level 25 players destroyed everything during start chart missions....

You need to remove elementals on your weapon and add more IPS and seriously don't use Trinity for these kind of missions, i had a trinity in this sortie and i had to revive her 10 times maybe it was you :- .

P.S: i used only a basic ass shaku with only impact dealing 70% of damage...

Edited by bibmobello

I suppose this is one of the perks of being a stubborn idiot who has to insist on playing solo. Bring my Ivara. Use some energy pads. Hit 3 and 4. Shoot, hack, shoot some more, jump and roll around a bit. Repeat 3 times, fire off a cloak arrow if my energy starts getting low. Done.

That said, I think watching incompetent teammates faff about aimlessly would be pretty funny if I didn't have to rely on them for anything.

Edited by KnossosTNC

29 minutes ago, Warhound98512 said:

I refuse to touch that cancerous content until i pull together a team with some fuukin common sense

Maybe it's just bad luck teaming up with players without much knowledge to take down ambulas. But this remake ambulas boss fight has been around for quite long, not sure why most people still don't know what to do. 

I can help you, but provided I'm playing at the time.

10 minutes ago, KnossosTNC said:

I suppose this is one of the perks of playing solo. Bring my Ivara. Use some energy pads. Hit 3 and 4. Shoot, hack, shoot some more, jump and roll around a bit. Repeat 3 times, fire off a cloak arrow if my energy starts getting low. Done.

I think watching incompetent teammates faff about aimlessly would be pretty funny if I didn't have to rely on them for anything.

This is another problem many players complain. Some frame skills are overpowered, infinity  invisibility, infinity invincibility, infinity energy packs, infinity infinity...While others are just useless. The problem is that  new players  don't have most frames and other are tired to use such frames i have seen MR26 using volt or mag here dying 5 or more times...

Edited by bibmobello

14 minutes ago, bibmobello said:

This is another problem many players complain. Some frame skills are overpowered, infinity  invisibility, infinity invincibility, infinity energy packs, infinity infinity...While others are just useless. The problem is that  new players  don't have most frames and other are tired to use such frames i have seen MR26 using volt or mag here dying 5 or more times...

Yeah, that's the issue. Most of the game can be breezed through with the right preparation; the problem is the amount of effort required for that preparation. I just think that preparation extends to the players and their mindset going into such missions as well.

Edited by KnossosTNC

9 minutes ago, bibmobello said:

I thought one of the best ways to down the thing is with mag. Personally did it with Mesa once and Valkyr on another account, both any scrublord can easily get either prime or Valkyr vanilla. Even used Inaros just to see if I cast his tornado thing was good enough to withstand the what seconds needed till the ambulas gets beemed up. 

4 minutes ago, kambinks said:

I thought one of the best ways to down the thing is with mag. Personally did it with Mesa once and Valkyr on another account, both any scrublord can easily get either prime or Valkyr vanilla. Even used Inaros just to see if I cast his tornado thing was good enough to withstand the what seconds needed till the ambulas gets beemed up

The funny way is using tank frames but if you want it easy just use nova or ivara...

Edited by bibmobello

Just now, bibmobello said:

The funny way is using tank frames but if you want it easy just use nova or ivara...

Just saying your point about being needing overpowered frames that lowbies dont have doesn't hold up. TS seems to be just disappointed that no ones been able to carry him through the thing. Just skip it. Nothing wrong with the boss or the playerbase having a hard time with it. It is one of the very last hard-ish stuff to do in sorties anyway. 

1 hour ago, Warhound98512 said:

allow me to introduce you to the golden rule of PUGs:

when you go public, you are actively consenting to be matched with absolutely anyone, you are saying "just give me anybody", that includes leechers, toxic people, and the lesser skilled. you therefore have to understand there is a good chance you may not get what you want unless you specifically recruit players through Recruit Chat. many people are under this grand illusion that everybody they meet should conform to their standards and play a certain way; the world doesn't work like that, please don't become one of these people.

is it annoying to get a bad squad? yes, of course it is, it's why I often play solo, but at the end of the day, YOU signed up to go in with randoms. there's no matching based on MR or time played or anything like that, your choices are between everybody, friends/Clan, people on Recruit Chat, or nobody but you.

• Like 1

I always take Oberon(Prime) to the Ambulas sortie. It's such a bore to do it at all but he definitely is great for it. Radiation procs, armor stripping on a ridiculous scale, healing, and team-friendly armor bonuses. Not to mention Reckoning knocks down the stupid drones that repair the Ambulas. Limbo is absolutely not required.

My only beef with sorties is I think the damage modifiers straddle a line between "not bad" and "totally unfun"(these being Toxic and Corrosive). You really notice this in your PUG when players aren't accustomed to it. Oberon can generally handle Viral at least without too many issues.

Edited by ArcKnight9202

14 minutes ago, ArcKnight9202 said:

My only beef with sorties is I think the damage modifiers straddle a line between "not bad" and "totally unfun"(these being Toxic and Corrosive). 

There are more than 2 damage types in the game though. These modifiers force you to mod differently before entering a mission and test your knowledge when you can't use corrosive every mission.

This sortie is the hardest you can get. Element enhanced mobs get resistance to elements it seems. This makes weapons with 2 elements and not basic slash puncture or impact do worse.

for instance my normal melee attacks 5 times a second doing 10000-30000 a hit in this mission scored 0-1000. Croosive did not proc and the build I had could not put out the damage to solo 1 of the bosses. 

Its a different game when at minimum you need your more useless squad mates to guard the downed boss and stop them from fixing it. It seems the squads I had could not do that...

Moral of the story is slova can take out the boss with a 4 a 2 and 3 seconds. That’s how you get it done carry. 

We aren't used to failure in Warframe. It's actually rather difficult to fail anything once you're beyond a point.

But then along comes sortie Ambulas assassination, where even a strong frame can struggle to carry their teammates alone. Chances of failure exist here.

I kinda wish there was more like it. I wish we were more conditioned for failure.

It's quite amazing when you get to experience a squad failing and everyone queueing up for another go rather than them just abandoning squad in a huff.

Edited by (PS4)drpunk-yo
  • Like 1

I didn't fail but this sortie was certainly harder than normal and I even died once when I solo'd with Rhino since I didn't think I'd lose 53k Iron Skin faster than I could hack as Operator (6s) before switching back to the frame.

When I did it a couple more times with various pug groups I noticed the dropship instant downs just about anything not a tank frame, it could even kill my 14k HP cat that had like 1k armor.  I tried to destroy the turrets but they just instantly regenerated half the time, certainly this must be the real boss of the encounter.

I do this with Inaros usually since he can still outheal anything here with Arcane Grace and Ambulace still gets oneshot without buffs.  I'd use Wukong though if its Radiation since I'd need to tank teammates as well in that situation.  Just a couple Pox hits and a headshot or two from a good primary does it in usually.

I actually find this Sortie a pretty refreshing change of pace whenever it shows up, I usually re-run it a couple times to see what people bring.

1 hour ago, Voltage said:

There are more than 2 damage types in the game though. These modifiers force you to mod differently before entering a mission and test your knowledge when you can't use corrosive every mission.

To clarify: I meant in regards to the player taking damage. Those 2 modifiers turn most frames into Swiss cheese. To the point where it really limits what the player can utilize effectively(to a detrimental degree).

Your point stands, though. However, It's still possible to brute-force most of it due to how overpowered things have become.

I'd ask why you're playing public...

Do you need a carry because you can't solo the content?
- Then that's some tough luck. If you play random pub because you need help you have to accept the RnG nature of your team mates.

Are you trying to level your gear?
- Yeah we all do this. Again you get what you get and can't really complain.

Do you want to help others and be kind to newbies?
- You should be more than capable of carrying a team and there's no need to complain. You knew what you were in for.

Do you simply enjoy playing with other people? 
- If so you're missing the point. Play with them, help them, expect that some of them suck. Don't get too focused on finishing as fast as possible and without the whole thing turning into a cluster#*!%.

If your answer is none of these you should be set to invite only and recruit people from chat or your clan. You may still get people who suck but at least you're already communicating with them and everyone knows what's going on.

This is one of the few sortie missions where you can't face roll on your keyboard and collect your pineapple.   Seriously, even my adaption mesa was getting downed.   First time in a long time I actually "hid behind" something.   Even then...one freaking proc and down I went.  Luckily my second attempt went better than the first.     If I would have failed the 2nd time I probably would have brought limbo and recruited a switch teleport loki to cheese it.  😉

1 hour ago, Chappie1975 said:

This is one of the few sortie missions where you can't face roll on your keyboard and collect your pineapple.   Seriously, even my adaption mesa was getting downed.   First time in a long time I actually "hid behind" something.   Even then...one freaking proc and down I went.  Luckily my second attempt went better than the first.     If I would have failed the 2nd time I probably would have brought limbo and recruited a switch teleport loki to cheese it.  😉

Were you dying to the dropship? The dropship turrets are always insanely powerful, even more so than Ambulas, and will respawn if you kill them. I always try to stay out of their range or hidden behind a box.