Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

*UPDATED* DE and Bioware #lifttogether #strongalonestrongertogether Anthem and Warframe are mates!

(XBOX)YoungGunn82

How nice.

As I said in another forum (another site altogether, not just another subforum), I've been open minded about Anthem throughout, and remain so. I'm just going to wait six months before taking another look. Anthem is not the first looter shooter to flop out of the gates, and others have gone on to redeem themselves at least to some degree later.

I am, however, getting really tired of this "launch now, fix later" attitude from AAA publishers.

Edited by KnossosTNC
  • Like 2

well, today I played Anthem, so far it has it's pros and cons: Autocannons are awesome, the Colossus has that juggernaut feel I like, and there is a decent degree of customization (not as much as Warframe, but to be expected. on the other hand, there is an abundance of LOOOONG loading Screens that make me wonder how well put together the game actually is. had a few errors and disconnects, and I absolutely don't care for the story because the dialogue is garbage and all the NPCs are ugly as sin. if BioWare fixes those disastrously-long load times that would be half the battle won IMO.

if I were DE, I wouldn't be worried about Anthem at all, at least for now. I think after a few updates there might be some actual competition, once BioWare get rid of a few kinks, but there is some potential for it to come back; it's just a question of whether EA will let them. good on DE for showing support for BioWare anyway... now the rest of us will have to deal with the oncoming onslaught of Anthem vs Warframe threads...

• Like 1

I wish I could celebrate Anthem, since I long for Bioware of old. But it's not it anymore. It's EA, and EA is pure negative. An utter minus on the gaming industry. Z.E.R.O pluses. Any studio in contract with EA should immediately search for an alternative. Bioware is dead, and EA put the death nail in its coffin. 

When you think about it, the titans of our childhood all deteriorate into these corporate machines. Blizzard, EA, Bioware, Bethesda... The only one we can trust right now is CD Project Red, and I won't be too shocked if in time even that will change. That and, I guess indie studios are humble and passionate enough to uphold their integrity.

Rest in pieces, Bioware. May a flight of Reapers laser thee into thy rest.

Edited by Tellakey
  • Like 1

Just tried athem and it is quitte good.

Only complain is one connectivity issues that made me lose some xp.

So yeah, i will do my contribution to the special alert on warframe and i think i will go back to it.

BTW abilities are loots, regardles of whats the critiques says, that's freaking nuts.

(people don't like looter shooter in general, i am still confused to this day why warframe is so popular and casual)

Edited by angias
  • Like 1

Just read a review on the BBC website and its rather mixed, to say the least.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-47319972

Early reviews suggest Bioware has some work to do to get players interested and keep them coming back.

"Anthem looks beautiful, its javelins are all fun to fly, and the fundamentals of its combat and character building are solid," said Richard Scott-Jones from the PCGamesN review site.

"But there's little variety in its gameplay or mission design, which makes its campaign feel like a chore," he told the BBC. "Its endgame is based on repeating that chore on higher difficulties, which I doubt will keep a broad audience engaged for the long term."

The popularity of rival games could also spell trouble, said Mr Scott-Jones

"Hooking interest with a strong first impression is critical - Apex Legends has pulled it off - and Anthem is already looking shaky on this point," he said.

25 minutes ago, novalery said:

Now all we need is someone to make an epic fanfic about Warframe, guardian, and javeline together..

I can just see it ending with the guardian and javeline dying, while the warframe gets destroyed and the Tenno starts raging about how it is game over and wondering why the other two arent answering him.

1 minute ago, SneakyErvin said:

I can just see it ending with the guardian and javeline dying, while the warframe gets destroyed and the Tenno starts raging about how it is game over and wondering why the other two arent answering him.

Or make it a rule of three comedy 😄

1 minute ago, SneakyErvin said:

guardian dying

LUL. They are gonna come back in 5 seconds, don't worry. Just wait until they get back from the last checkpoint.

If you were trying to make a funny about how Warframe is forgiving with deaths, remember that in Destiny (barring a single modifier that the players have to activate themselves) you can repeat a mission from a checkpoint essentially until you beat it.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, (PS4)MaximumVegetto said:

Very nice of D.E., hope the best to Bioware, sadly... can't say the same to E.A., they and Activision are the lucifer of the Industry of Videogames...

yup, quite nice of them to make sure anthem players know of their existence as a similar genre during a potential purge phase for anthems fandom. they ready to cash in on that fallout. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, HugintheCrow said:

LUL. They are gonna come back in 5 seconds, don't worry. Just wait until they get back from the last checkpoint.

If you were trying to make a funny about how Warframe is forgiving with deaths, remember that in Destiny (barring a single modifier that the players have to activate themselves) you can repeat a mission from a checkpoint essentially until you beat it.

No I was simply playing on the fact that Guardians and Javelins are actual people in suits, Warframes are just controlled from a very safe distance.

edit: Also that the emo-teen Tenno would act like a CoD kid.

Edited by SneakyErvin

I do not understand why anthem is getting so much hate when destiny got great reviews when it released. The biggest complaint that everyone admits to (now) was how bare bones destiny was when it released. It had very little story, no endgame and stupid microtransactions. All these complaints not only match destiny in its early days but warframe as well. I'm guessing most the hate is coming from the mass effect fans who hate anthem because they think it ruined the last andromeda game.

It also comes from people who hate EA which I can understand because they usually ruin games with their greed. But so far with anthem I'm not seeing anything worse with it then I did with these other games. The game play is fun and the weapons all sound great with loud bangs and booms hehe. Oh and the graphics are pretty too. I wont stop playing warframe because of anthem but I dont see any reason why I should pass on it....uh especially when I got it for free hehe.

Edited by RoninJed

That's really funny. 

What i found even more funny, even though I don't think it is anywhere near malicious is how the main antagonist faction of Anthem works exactly lile the Tenno do, by using their "cyphers" sitting in a chair somewhere and remotely controlling a suit of armour. It was interesting to me. 

26 minutes ago, Autongnosis said:

Anthem works exactly like the Tenno do, by using their "cyphers" sitting in a chair somewhere and remotely controlling a suit of armour

Actually that's incorrect. The cyphers are the mission directors like the Lotus for example. 

In Warframe you have children using "transference" to manipulate infested puppets from a safe distance. 

In Anthem you have adult free Lancers piloting a suit of armor similar to how Tony Stark pilots Iron Man. 

Edited by (XB1)RDeschain82