Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Here are the Opticor Vandal Stats

Polo13X

19 minutes ago, Gruiz said:

Agreed, if i want fast rof, i can use ferrox

Hope they decide to change it

If I wanted fast rof, I'd use an actual rifle to clear groups and not a BFG. Opticor vandal's problem is that it tries to become better to handle groups of enemies, yet the BFG archetype does not fit this role. It has an identity crisis, and should not be geared towards crowds as the archetype is not suited for taking care of groups with sustained dps. Just change the opticor vandal to have tweaked stats like maybe slightly higher charge rate, higher crit chance, and slightly higher base damage over the original. The current opticor vandal really isn't worthy of being the final reward in the event (although it wasn't too hard).

• Like 1

I HATE this change. DE had 1 job with the fan favorite gun and that was to buff it and THEY #*!%ED IT UP.

I loved the Opticor for its strengths not its weaknesses.

The Opticor had been power creeped for a while now. They didn't give us an upgraded version. They gave us another #*!%ing Ferrox.

I'm not even going to consider this gun a opticor. It's a #*!%ing joke.

Even with a godly riven it performs WORSE than the regular opticor with a mediocre riven. That's how bad it is. 10 times worse if you don't bring rivens into account.

DE you #*!%ed up one of my and community's favorite guns and locked it behind 5 hour mobile defense grind. For what?! For a sense of pride and accomplishment ?!

It was literally the only thing I was looking forward to. Not the wolf alerts , not the melee 3.0 , not the event. ONLY THE OPTICAL VANDAL.

No more giving criticism in the nicest way possible. You don't get to have that when you #*!% with things people love.

Edited by Arc2199
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, RumekFuria said:

this was just a suggestion, I meant like double damage. or more. half a second would be that much.
I mean, if they buff it's attack like a person up there said to like 800 it will be manageable. but still. would prefer a direct upgrade. not a "more consistent damage" sidegrade. This is Opticor. it's about the burst.

The only Vandal that had a noticeable trade-off in stats were Snipetron and Snipetron Vandal. And even then Snipetron Vandal was a direct upgrade.

Opticor Vandal shouldn’t be treated like a sidegrade. And I hope (and I really do mean I HOPE) we don’t go through a debacle of stat changes and adjustments like the Quartakk where DE tried to decide if it should have high sustained dps with low base damage and high fire rate, or slower fire rate with high burst base damage. With the Opticor Vandal, just buff the base damage and call it a day. 

Higher ROF, lower base damage does not fit the BFG archetype, so I would change it to be in line with the OG opticor by making these changes (changes are relative to og opticor base stats):

- crit is 25% from 20%
- crit damage up to 2.9x from 2.5x
- slightly increased charge rate from 2 to 1.6

- puncture from 850 to 900

- slash from 50 to 80

-impact from 100 to 120

I want to offer a different angle you can look at this, some people have already pointed out that the opticor vandal seems to be promoting a faster way to shoot opticor style with less damage. If we consider the stats 400 base on vandal and 1000 base on regular, the 0.6s charge time on vandal vs the 2.0s charge on regular. 3 shots of the vandal take 1.8s on the dot and in total that is 1200 damage, so if you look at it this way opticor vandal does more damage than the original in less time. Of course this is unmodded, if you were to mod opticor to come close to the fire rate/reload benefits of the new vandal version, the vandal will still outperform simply because it has more room for other mods than the regular. Swapping fire rate and reload mods on the vandal version for damage and other utilities you get a better weapon compared to the original.

il y a 6 minutes, GuezMan a dit :

I want to offer a different angle you can look at this, some people have already pointed out that the opticor vandal seems to be promoting a faster way to shoot opticor style with less damage. If we consider the stats 400 base on vandal and 1000 base on regular, the 0.6s charge time on vandal vs the 2.0s charge on regular. 3 shots of the vandal take 1.8s on the dot and in total that is 1200 damage, so if you look at it this way opticor vandal does more damage than the original in less time. Of course this is unmodded, if you were to mod opticor to come close to the fire rate/reload benefits of the new vandal version, the vandal will still outperform simply because it has more room for other mods than the regular. Swapping fire rate and reload mods on the vandal version for damage and other utilities you get a better weapon compared to the original.

so basically im wasting more ammo to kill the same enemy

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PsyglaiveSeraph said:

so basically im wasting more ammo to kill the same enemy

Yes. But I seriously doubt that change will affect the opticors ammo economy. SIDE NOTE: I wasn't a fan of the opticor because it felt clunky to use and preferred quicker weapons, I feel like when I get my hands on this weapon I will like it a lot more.

il y a 1 minute, GuezMan a dit :

Yes. But I seriously doubt that change will affect the opticors ammo economy. SIDE NOTE: I wasn't a fan of the opticor because it felt clunky to use and preferred quicker weapons, I feel like when I get my hands on this weapon I will like it a lot more.

its not about the ammo economy but of the opticor going from a heavy hitter to a glorified about rifle 

• Like 1

Just now, GuezMan said:

The point of the opticor is to one shot high level enemies with insane burst, you are intentionally sacrificing sustained dps for burst and you can pair a great sustained dps secondary to makeup for this. The opticor vandal tries to flip that tradeoff by having more sustained at the cost of burst, but it isnt an effective sustained dps weapon because of the fact that the BFG  archetype is geared towards burst dps, whereas rifles are geared toward sustained. So the opticor vandal fails to compete as a burst weapon and as a sustained dps weapon.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Keyumar said:

Higher ROF, lower base damage does not fit the BFG archetype, so I would change it to be in line with the OG opticor by making these changes (changes are relative to og opticor base stats):

- crit is 25% from 20%
- crit damage up to 2.9x from 2.5x
- slightly increased charge rate from 2 to 1.6

- puncture from 850 to 900

- slash from 50 to 80

-impact from 100 to 120

This is, basically, what they did for the Rubico. And everyone was happy with that.

people who complaning about this are not angry for dps

opticor has fun to use, satisfying to shot big fxxxing laser gun and dealing massive damage

it required long charge time, but even slow charging feels POWER of next fire

but DE took away that fun on this vandal, thats why we disappointed

Edited by (PS4)dennezu0424
i forgot about slow but cool charging time
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, Arc2199 said:

DE loves to take fun away from the game. Everything from the S#&$ty opticor to the event which is literally a 5 hour mobile defense has been a joke.

The old Opticor still exists and is untouched though.

• Like 1

TL:DR, the Vandal is too practical and not Epeen enough.

Because, frankly speaking, it is indeed too normal and doesn't have the same feel as the normal Opticor.

10 minutes ago, RX-3DR said:

The old Opticor still exists and is untouched though.

We were teased an OPTICOR VANDAL , not  a FERROX VANDAL. WE OPTICOR FANS LOOKED FORWARD TO IT.  Do you #*!%ing get it?

I dont care if the old opticor still exists. I have used it for years and am tired of it.

Its the new OPTICOR VANDAL I want to see exist.

Edited by Arc2199
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Kai_Shiba said:

I think a lot of people here are missing the point that the vandal is a variant of the Opticor and not a direct upgrade. Which to me is appropriate.

Every single other Vandal compared to the base version of a weapon is BETTER. Opticor being a sidegrade, or straight-up better than Opticor Vandal at bursting something down in one hit (what Opticor's original design is clearly made for) completely destroys all consistency, and strips the weapon of its identity that drew people to it in the first place.

Edited by Lucaine
  • Like 1

Just now, Kai_Shiba said:

I think a lot of people here are missing the point that the vandal is a variant of the Opticor and not a direct upgrade. Which to me is appropriate.

Which to me is not. I did want to waste 5 hours of my life on a #*!%ing mobile defense just to get a sidegrade which there's no point in using because the original opticor does better damage with almost the same firerate with the vile accelerations mod.

2 minutes ago, Arc2199 said:

We were teased an OPTICOR VANDAL , not  a FERROX VANDAL. WE OPTICOR FANS LOOKED FORWARD TO IT.

I dont care if the old opticor still exists. I have used it for years and am tired of it.

Its the new OPTICOR VANDAL I want to see exist.

It is still an Opticor. It shares all the benefits the Opticor had with splash damage and the half-charged shots that the Ferrox doesn't. If you like to use the Opticor more, it's great since it covers the other 90% of the game where the Opticor is extremely cumbersome to use. The irony here is that, if the Opticor Vandal is just 10% more damage because it's already sitting near the ceiling with raw power, you would likely be instantly tired of it because it would feel exactly like the same old Opticor.

2 minutes ago, HonorGuard2074 said:

if I recall a full charge opticor deals double the damage (So 400 turns to 800) from when they changed it last (So the vandal does 800 rather fast on full charges)

Not quite how it works. Its half damage while half charge, so its more like 200 damage when half, 400 when full charge.

------

Personally, I always liked the opticor (its still my most used primary and have more forma than anything I have aside from my lovely kitty), objectively speaking, opticor vandal does have a higher dps (tested it with a normal riven: dmg, cc, sc as well as a gas riven: dmg, cd, tox, -punc), and is quite a bit better on gas builds.

In terms of vandal's charge time, I would say I like it quite a bit. 0.6 second is pretty much a comfort zone considering how it fires the moment it full charges, however, in terms of per shot damage, vandal is still a bit of a let down since I was hoping it would be one that I can take to eidolon fights, although I usually use my snipers for eidolon due to them being more comfortable for the occasion.

The main benefit of a 0.6 second charge is that you don't have to waste a slot in your build for fr ( or a positive stat on the riven), so placing a mod to "reverse" the difference is probably a horrible idea as some has mentioned above.

Since getting the weapon 22 hours ago and throwing 4 forma into it, I will indeed say I love the vandal and don't regret grinding the awfully boring event all in 1 night. However, I feel like opticor vandal could still get a damage buff, having it at roughly ~60% instead of ~40% of normal opticor would already make it a wonderful weapon. 

Overall, aside from eidolon slaying, opticor vandal is certainly better than the normal opticor, so it is probably a bit too far to say that its a joke, that being said, it could most certainly get just a bit of love on the base damage. 

Honestly with the stat reveal of the Vandal, I want it more than ever. I thought it was going to be a slightly buffed opticor which would languish in my arsenal forever, but it is precisely what I wanted.

It fires significantly faster than a regular opticor with vile acceleration and has better overall stats at the cost of damage. If the versions were released in reverse people would be saying that the high damage is not worth the long charge time.

Still going to slot  vile acceleration in it and treat it as a heavy laser carbine.

4 minutes ago, Arc2199 said:

There's no point in using because the original opticor does better damage with almost the same firerate with the vile accelerations mod

Regular opticor with vile acceleration has a charge time of 1.05~, which is 70% longer than the base charge time of the vandal.