Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(PS4, XB1, Switch) Operation: Buried Debts: Escalation

[DE]Danielle

Devstream125_NewsHeader.png.jpg.6ce54632

Here with a late night surprise! We got news that Tenno across PS4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch could enter Deck 12 without having to enter the code earned from data-hash scanning and start the Exploiter Orb fight sequence! This is obviously not how we intended the next stage of the Operation to go as the data-hashes provide story behind Deck 12, so we will be diagnosing the issue tomorrow (March 27th) when everyone is awake and back in the studio. 

March 27th Edit: We're back in our seats this morning! To recap from last night - the doors to Deck 12 unlocked without the data-hash portion of the Operation that uncovered the code to get in. Which gave players across PS4, XB1, and Switch the ability to fight the Exploiter Orb. 

We took a look at what occurred last night and it turns out that we will be unable to turn on the data-hash scanning portion of the Operation, as it would potentially lock the already opened doors to Deck 12. So while this is not how we intended the next stages of the Operation to go, we'd rather not halt your progress seeing as so many have already successfully taken down the Exploiter Orb. We do apologize for the fragmentation of the Operation. While it was a pleasant surprise for those of you who were really looking forward to the fight, this was not ideal and we would much rather you have the full experience. 

But for now, we hope you enjoy taking on the Exploiter Orb! What follows is a breakdown of the Escalation phase of Buried Debts:

Good work, Tenno. You’ve been working hard at sealing up the Thermia Fractures. Now is the time to unearthed the secret lurking below known as Deck 12. But be wary, The Exploiter Orb Mother and a host of skittering Raknoids have made the platform and the surrounding area their home. It will take strength, fortitude and teamwork to destroy The Exploiter and avenge the fallen Solaris. Are you up to the challenge?

What You Need to Know:

Deck 12 has unlocked - if you know where to look. Work with Solaris United to take down The Exploiter while Operation: Buried Debts is still active! Every Diluted Thermia resource you’ve harvested so far with the Thermia Fractures will allow you an encounter with The Exploiter, you can stockpile, share, and more! You’ll only be able to take part in this event for a limited time, so be sure to take on The Exploiter or you’ll have to wait until Thermia Fractures re-appear.

The Plan:

The Exploiter has the ability to summon a powerful blizzard around itself, whipping up winds that can freeze you solid if you’re not careful. You must find a way to weaken the Orb Mother’s chilling abilities, pick apart its defenses, and ultimately settle the score.

The Rewards:

Defeating The Exploiter gives you a chance to earn:

• Hildryn Chassis Blueprint
  • Hildryn Neuroptics Blueprint
  • Hildryn Systems Blueprint
  • Lazulite Toroid: A rare resource that is prized by Vox Solaris, trade it in for Standing!
  • Exploiter Orb Articula: Add a miniature Exploiter Orb Mother decoration to your Orbiter
  • Shocking Step Ephemera Blueprint: Craft this Ephemera to add a striking effect to your footsteps
  • Freezing Step Ephemera Blueprint

Along with access to Deck 12, Tenno on ALL PLATFORMS can now get an exclusive Operation: Buried Debts Glyph. Use promo code THEDEADHAVEDEBTS to unlock!

WF_BuriedDebtsGlyph_GIF_SM_1080x1920.gif

FAQ: 

"How to I access Deck 12?" 

You'll have to search the Orb Vallis for a cave - once you've found it simply walk up to the doors to access Deck 12. No code is required in the console to enter.

“How often will I have a chance to acquire Hildryn's blueprints?”

We've set up Hildryn in this event to be similar to Baro Ki'Teer in cadence. In the same way you can get Sands of Inaros from Baro Ki'Teer with Ducats when he visits regularly, you can use Thermia to get Hildryn. Fractures will occur often - like ghouls - to keep thermia in high supply. We’re also working on fracture improvements. Operation: Buried Debts will be frequent to make sure Hildryn's available to all!

“Do we need the Archgun Deployer to fight The Exploiter Orb Mother?”

No, you do not need the Archgun Deployer! All you need is Diluted Thermia to start the fight and take her on.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)jaegerbombtastic said:

-Giggles-

Gotta say her fight is absolutely insane and fun as all hell. Also, please give a thumbs up to her voice actress- she really does a great job for the character!

I have to agree, this is probably my favorite boss in the game right now.  The time and health gating aren't as bullS#&$ and hard to trigger as others.  It doesn't fall into the same traps of "difficulty" over making it interesting and fun.  Like the infinite horde of CC from profit taker minions, or the tiny and wiggly weakspot of bosses like Vay Hek.  Please make more like this DE!

anyone else having at least one person disconnect/crash at the end when boss dies uptop? has happen twice so far once to my brother then another time to my alliance mate.

after that I asked in region and alliance and found another alliance mate and a random region player telling me they d/cing/crashing at the boss kill (xbox one).

We're back in our seats this morning! To recap from last night - the doors to Deck 12 unlocked without the data-hash portion of the Operation that uncovered the code to get in. Which gave players across PS4, XB1, and Switch the ability to fight the Exploiter Orb. 

We took a look at what occurred last night and it turns out that we will be unable to turn on the data-hash scanning portion of the Operation, as it would potentially lock the already opened doors to Deck 12. So while this is not how we intended the next stages of the Operation to go, we'd rather not halt your progress seeing as so many have already successfully taken down the Exploiter Orb. We do apologize for the fragmentation of the Operation. While it was a pleasant surprise for those of you who were really looking forward to the fight, this was not ideal and we would much rather you have the full experience. 

vor 5 Minuten schrieb [DE]Danielle:

We're back in our seats this morning! To recap from last night - the doors to Deck 12 unlocked without the data-hash portion of the Operation that uncovered the code to get in. Which gave players across PS4, XB1, and Switch the ability to fight the Exploiter Orb. 

If only this had happened on PC aswell. This is very much ideal compared to being halted by people understandably not turning around every rock in the giant open world map.

33 minutes ago, (XB1)Skippy575 said:

WHOOPS 😄

I guess the next question is will there be a way in the future to scan the data hashes without locking the doors? I was looking forward to getting the Deck 12 lore.

Judging from some of the other posts I've seen, I'm pretty sure you CAN already scan the data hashes. Though I don't know if the dialogue actually plays for them? You could probably search it up, if not. I got through halfish of the datahashes myself before getting bored and so far all of the dialogue were just dismissive ramblings about the datahashes being junk from various Fortuna NPCs. I assume the last few finally acknowledged deck 12 existed, despite that already being an acknowledged thing before.

The main thing it sounds like that wasn't supposed to be active yet was the community progress tracker FOR the scans, which flopped so hard on PC DE had to give up on it and force the completion themselves. So the only big part of the "full experience" that seems to have been skipped out here was... waiting a week for percentages to fill.

1 hour ago, Drachnyn said:

If only this had happened on PC aswell. This is very much ideal compared to being halted by people understandably not turning around every rock in the giant open world map.

No it was timed lol for a reason i dont think scanning them really did anything

vor 3 Minuten schrieb paul5473:

No it was timed lol for a reason i dont think scanning them really did anything

I mean it was very obvious that Exploiter wasn't finished in time for the event but the idea of locking something behind global scanning progress isn't great either.

7 hours ago, [DE]Danielle said:

We took a look at what occurred last night and it turns out that we will be unable to turn on the data-hash scanning portion of the Operation, as it would potentially lock the already opened doors to Deck 12.

So we never get to find out the back story there?

Archived