Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Riven Trading & Toolbuilders: Phase 1

[DE]Rebecca

21 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

(although, friends, why not choose Ammo Drum)?

Couse your ban politics is maximum unclear.

People get bans for open Cheat Engine, they lost plat if they trade with somebody who bough plat from 3rd part. You didn't even can't clearly say can we use macros in mouse and KB, or not.

Now, you even set up autoban in trade for 2 weeks. Maybe, there are reasons, but i guess, nobody who get lucky with cat don't know about it. Just like anyone else.

And (exuse me if i mistaken here), once even clan giveaways was a reason for a ban.

So, ppl try to avoid any kind of attension. Just in case.

• Like 3

This is such a useful amount of information. I hope this will eventually lead to daily platinum trade caps, or removing rivens from trading altogether however. The amount of plat a person can spend on some of these items is beyond asinine, and I can only hope that DE will address this in time.

This is great.

One question thou, what stops a riven mafia gang from repeatably trading amongst themselves to influence prices? Most simple scenario, 2 guys keep trading a riven between themselves for 1k plat hundreds of times, wouldn't that influence the metrics? Even harder to track if it's a larger and more organised group.

• Like 3

BTW

Well, i guess, from now, much less ppl will use rivens then they need to give plat for somebody. And this data will be a bit more accurate later. Sorry, i don't believe anybody will pay 1000p for unrolled viper riven. Or Stubba. Stddev 1091, lol.
itemType "Pistol Riven Mod"
compatibility "VIPER"
rerolled false
avg 129.5
stddev 292.8775341333
min 10
max 1000
pop 0.0301
compatibility "STUBBA"
rerolled false
avg 395.5
stddev 1091.2167357064
min 10
max 4300
pop 0.0421

• Like 2

à l’instant, (PS4)xtharbadx a dit :

This is great.

One question thou, what stops a riven mafia gang from repeatably trading amongst themselves to influence prices? Most simple scenario, 2 guys keep trading a riven between themselves for 1k plat hundreds of times, wouldn't that influence the metrics? Even harder to track if it's a larger and more organised group.

I can see that, but i dont think that 2 guys trading each other the same riven over and over will screw date. What is 26 trades on like .... thousands of trade by day

1 minute ago, MunsuLight said:

I can see that, but i dont think that 2 guys trading each other the same riven over and over will screw date. What is 26 trades on like .... thousands of trade by day

2 players is the simplest scenario. Now imagine a fairly large group ( riven mafia style ) with hundreds of people trading amongst themselves.

Maybe I'm being pessimistic, but technically I don't see why that wouldn't be possible as a method to game the market.

• Like 4

I know this is just phase 1, but adding a stat for the median value would help a ton in understanding the distribution of sales.

Edit: Also knowing a rough ball-park for the total amount of Rivens traded, would help with uncertainty.

Edited by DrBorris
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, (PS4)xtharbadx said:

2 players is the simplest scenario. Now imagine a fairly large group ( riven mafia style ) with hundreds of people trading amongst themselves.

Maybe I'm being pessimistic, but technically I don't see why that wouldn't be possible as a method to game the market.

I would assume that would raise quite a few red flags at DE if they saw this happening, much like how you can be auto-banned for collecting an "impossible" amount of resources in a single mission.

10 minutes ago, -JT-_-R3W1ND said:

BTW

Well, i guess, from now, much less ppl will use rivens then they need to give plat for somebody. And this data will be a bit more accurate later. Sorry, i don't believe anybody will pay 1000p for unrolled viper riven. Or Stubba. Stddev 1091, lol.
compatibility "STUBBA"
rerolled false
avg 395.5
stddev 1091.2167357064
min 10
max 4300
pop 0.0421

You should check seer and hind...

Edited by Ker-Blammo

12 minutes ago, (PS4)xtharbadx said:

This is great.

I thought of the same thing. I hope DE can implement tools that track unusual prices and suspicious trading between players. Also hoping those tools don't result in auto-banning innocent Tenno.

The weekly reset implies that this won't be the optimal tool for the average user, but like someone mentioned already, it will be great for Semlar and other devs.

Anyway, this thing is a really good thing, thanks DE!

A few questions, from the perspective automating the collection of this data for building an application:

• How stable is the URL? Is it unique to this data drop or can I continue to poll it on a (weekly) cadence?
  • Can we get a date or date range in that data somehow? (otherwise, how do I know when new data is available)

And if the data structure is going to evolve, I recommend a version number in there (though, that's definitely more of a "nice to have").

How would this affect in the scenario wherein Rivens were traded for another riven? I believe players can still manipulate the market by simply trading a Riven and Platinum back and forth, provided they have enough credit to supply all their trades daily.

1 minute ago, Malaki_7 said:

Is there any documentation for this? Should we just hook it up like a normal API?

It's just a JSON file that you can pull via HTTP.

The description of the attributes is on the post.

Easy to setup a scheduled job to pull it weekly and use your preferred JSON parser.