Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Riven Trading & Toolbuilders: Phase 1

[DE]Rebecca

What happens when a bunch of ppl who want to abuse this 'real' data stuff and spam trades with eachother using thousands of plat. Would the data shown for 'average' trade prices change because of these ppl spamming trades like this. 

If i worded that poorly. An example being: one guy has riven and the other guy trades maybe 5k plat and then they trade the plat and riven back and forth to alter the data.

Hope things go well.

vor 3 Stunden schrieb [DE]Rebecca:

(although, friends, why not choose Ammo Drum)?

1 Platinum costs your friend only 500Credits (and he gets more plat). Ammo Drum is 2000Credits.

Edit:

Will there be punishments for people who are actively trying to manipulate those data (like trading a specific riven many times between traders for high amount of platinum)? Because that's the next step I would expect from people who attacked Semlar.

Edit2:

As long as their is no more detailed data, the median of prices might come in handy.

Edited by -TSA-TimSin
  • Like 3

As pointless as i expected

Min value 5p

Max value 5000p

You still need to figure out your own budget and ask how much is a certain riven mod is when talking to a seller (to see if your budget is enough), this changes nothing. It's a free market and you need to ask the same basic question over and over, knowing a value is pointless, the next trader is something completely new, and the next one aswell.

What is this going to give? insight? on what? what will change? nothing.

You can have all the information, you can decide a midle ground for a budget, you will ask "how much a riven is" to a seller, it won't increase trading efficiency, you ask, he replies, you decide, that's it, 3 lines of text and you're done (to either trade or not)

Yes, this allows for more compreensive bots that don't use ingame accounts, but veterans aren't 5 year olds, i'm sure this sounds sweet for some players so that the "riven mafia" get what they "deserve", i'm sure youtubers will talk about this (since the audience is likely 5 year olds who believed 9 players controled the riven market somehow), i'm sure players strugling with modding (and therefore shouldn't be even be touching rivens, because modding is a basic mechanic learned at the start of the game), but this won't improve anything.

Gameplay, learning the modding system, thinking on your own for a price and a budget (how much you can allocate to buy a riven) will provide way better results, aswell as improving trading conduct so that chats don't have 5 or 6 lines from a player lecturing on the correct price, with insults into the mix.

I also recomend DE to improve and target players who use rivens to transfer sums of platinum for cash (riven is used to give credibility to said trade) or use rivens to obtain large amounts of platinum to be sold later on, for cash.

I know DE already does this, what i'm saying here is that some players have an unbalanced gameplay to trade ratio, they aren't playing the game, so obviously there is a high probability that the rivens and the platinum are used for something else, you know, being supliers to certain riven/platinum sellers, etc.

Man, you guys should've just let Semlar do his thing. This data is quite useless with that much deviation, without any Riven stats to go with it and refreshing only weekly. I hope that phase 2 will bring something that actually helps players. Don't get me wrong, it's interesting to see actual trade data. But the with way it's displayed it's gonna be easily manipulated, while saying nothing about why that Acrid Riven sold for 2000p. More stats please!

Edited by uxx0

8 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

(although, friends, why not choose Ammo Drum)?

Two figures and one sentence: 91/90, "REMIND ME LATER DAMMIT". Even though I understand why it's so, it probably explains a good chunk of these low-value trades.

Good job on the data. I hope it will prove itself more and more useful as it gets refined and more fields get added. For now it's a bit... eh. We'll see how it goes.

Edit: I also like my Ammo Drums. All 1735 of them.

Edited by Redeye
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, HellVOps said:

Riven "mafia".... we gonna get ya!

I don't know if I even need to write anything else, aside from ":DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD"

The "mafia" got away completely scot-free, and knowing what a riven cost last week won't stop people from overpaying for the exact rivens they want. The "mafia" will be out there and feeling better than ever.

Ah, very nice. Here's a simple script to get them for those who use Python:

from urllib.request import urlopen

riven_data_dl = [
    'http://n9e5v4d8.ssl.hwcdn.net/repos/weeklyRivensPC.json',
    'http://n9e5v4d8.ssl.hwcdn.net/repos/weeklyRivensPS4.json',
    'http://n9e5v4d8.ssl.hwcdn.net/repos/weeklyRivensXB1.json',
    'http://n9e5v4d8.ssl.hwcdn.net/repos/weeklyRivensSWI.json',
]

for url in riven_data_dl:
    file_name = url.split('/')[-1]  # use what comes after the last slash as file name
    with urlopen(url) as riven_data, open(file_name, 'wb') as riven_file:
        riven_file.write(riven_data.read())

(Note: I'm putting this into the Public Domain. If not applicable where you live, license: MIT.)

Edited by Kontrollo
unicode shenanigans sneaking into my code block. bad forum software, bad!

@[DE]Rebecca

What you're assuming with this data is that it's in the form of a standard distribution. I doubt that's the case everywhere. If you want to keep it simple, can you include a median value in addition to the average? So we can have at least a bit of an idea on the skew.

Actually, I'm just going to defer to these guys here:

10 hours ago, ReaverKane said:

Nice!
Still lacks a bit in the stats department (as in which combinations were higher rated), but it's a good start!

I think next step would be maybe to have a ranking of which stats are valued the most?

10 hours ago, Buff00n said:

Wow, that's pretty cool!

Does the "pop" field represent the percentage of total riven trades?  Just guessing since it adds up to about 100.

I'd recommend including the median (50th percentile) in addition to the mean.  I suspect those are not the same for this kind of data; extremely high outliers probably push the mean a bit higher.

To give a clearer idea of the the distribution I'd also like to see Skew and Kurtosis in addition to Standard Deviation, but I suspect those might confuse people more than anything else.

9 hours ago, DrBorris said:

I know this is just phase 1, but adding a stat for the median value would help a ton in understanding the distribution of sales.

Edit: Also knowing a rough ball-park for the total amount of Rivens traded, would help with uncertainty.

9 hours ago, kelllen said:

A few questions, from the perspective automating the collection of this data for building an application:

• How stable is the URL? Is it unique to this data drop or can I continue to poll it on a (weekly) cadence?
  • Can we get a date or date range in that data somehow? (otherwise, how do I know when new data is available)

And if the data structure is going to evolve, I recommend a version number in there (though, that's definitely more of a "nice to have").

(emphasis mine)

Edited by Kontrollo
others made better comments

This is amazing, it's even better than a trade chat tracker, I love it DE ! You're the BEST ! Now I won't have to only manually keep my eye on the trade to figure out reality on riven prices.

I really love how you care about that part of the community, you're really the best.

This is a step in the right direction, this could prevent riven prices from getting so badly inflated. But, you should probably keep an eye on this system because of the potential abuse and data manipulation by trading rivens and plat back and forth using alternate accounts or smurf accounts

Edited by DrivaMain
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, kelllen said:

A few questions, from the perspective automating the collection of this data for building an application:

• How stable is the URL? Is it unique to this data drop or can I continue to poll it on a (weekly) cadence?
  • Can we get a date or date range in that data somehow? (otherwise, how do I know when new data is available)

And if the data structure is going to evolve, I recommend a version number in there (though, that's definitely more of a "nice to have").

It should update weekly according to Reb's post, i'd love it to be daily at least, that'd be awesome.
Since the update interval is one week, you don't really need a date or date range. Just use the HTTP HEAD request to get the date field (which should be the date it was updated), should be enough for synchronicity purposes. You can also use it to display a date range for the trades, just convert it to a date data-type for whatever language you're using, and do some maths on it.