Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wisp Review/Early feedback

ShikiRen

Just now, QueenCarnage said:

Wisp is just fine.. People need to appreciate some new content, hell, she isn't even out yet, they don't know the ways she could be useful in!

In fairness, we can discern a fair few things from what they showed. Personally, I liked what I saw (with the exception of her 1. I was hoping for summoned minions rather than buffs, but I'm happy either way).

Every thread on Wisp, I will just say, the 1 is awfully clunky for a fast moving glass cannon Daughter of Escanor frame.

It should be something that doesn't have an ability wheel and comes out with a tap. Don't really care if DE makes her summon stars, shoot flying balls or even drop loc pins for her 3 for 0 energy, the whole "utility wheel" idea falls flat.

Her 2 and 4 are good as they are. Her 3 can be good too if they add some utility to it over just damage.

1 minute ago, QueenCarnage said:

Wisp is just fine.. People need to appreciate some new content, hell, she isn't even out yet, they don't know the ways she could be useful in!

people need to stop eating the meatloaf and call things as they seem them, no sugar coating.

rushed unpolished content =/= new content that worth your time

also Wisp abilitys set have jack to do with her appearance or name, theres nothing ghosty about Solar Sun Beam and mine roses 

Just now, Jinzanami said:

also Wisp abilitys set have jack to do with her appearance or name, theres nothing ghosty about Solar Sun Beam and mine roses 

As said before, Wisp does not look ghostly to me.

1 minute ago, Datam4ss said:

Every thread on Wisp, I will just say, the 1 is awfully clunky for a fast moving glass cannon Daughter of Escanor frame.

It should be something that doesn't have an ability wheel and comes out with a tap.

I like ability wheels tho...

And ability wheels do come out with a tap btw (once you change it to the desired ability)

2 minutes ago, Jinzanami said:

people need to stop eating the meatloaf and call things as they seem them, no sugar coating.

rushed unpolished content =/= new content that worth your time

The suggestion for a warframe with an ability set similar to wisp's has actually been out for more than a year now. I don't think that's exactly rushed. 

Don't just call things rushed, simply because you don't like them (unless you actually work at DE, and saw for yourself that they're actually rushed)

Just now, Maka.Bones said:

Quasars actually emit some radiation (possibly also light) so no, I can actually use a color. Black alone would simply be "seethru"

True true. Considering the effects of redshifting, I'd recommend a deep maroon, albeit at the risk of being called an edgelord.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jinzanami said:

There is nothing ghosty about a floating Anime Waifu shaped suit that GLOWS from her Katawa Shojo worthy feet.

Doesn't matter what is your intent, I have to say this.

4 minutes ago, Maka.Bones said:

I like ability wheels tho...

And ability wheels do come out with a tap btw (once you change it to the desired ability)

Most people dislike them. Khora's works because you switch to change Venari's Behavior. Ivara's works because she sits in Prowl and slowly decides. There is a reason nobody bothers with Booben's 2.

Wisp will have the same issue as Booben since she doesn't have an AI companion to use her skill for her and has no prowl to sit in.

7 minutes ago, (XB1)Thy Divinity said:

Why?  Why do we need another thread on this when several already exist?

Because the Megathread is 404 not found.

Edited by Guest

And if DE made her have other warframe abilities, you'd get opposite crowd complaining that she's mediocre because other frames do the same things better (or that other frames should have had the better versions of her hypothetically superior abilities).

Did everyone miss Pablos tweet?

Quick Wisp tidbits
Her 2 draws enemies to attack it, teleporting to it, blinds enemies and gives you a short invulnerability so you don't get obliterated.
Her 4 deals more damage as you hit the same enemy, to help with the common scaling issues of pure damage abilities
WIP WIP

Just now, Maka.Bones said:

The suggestion for a warframe with an ability set similar to wisp's has actually been out for more than a year now. I don't think that's exactly rushed. 

Don't just call things rushed, simply because you don't like them (unless you actually work at DE, and saw for yourself that they're actually rushed)

so kohra was not rushed ? EOS was not rushed ? Failtuna was not rushed ? DE track recorded is red with this stuff so i can assume with my eyes closed.

you gotta understand that you can rush thing by making a concept and working on it for short time then putting it on ice then return to it and rush the hell of it to get it before deadlines, totally possible.

6 minutes ago, Datam4ss said:

It should be something that doesn't have an ability wheel and comes out with a tap. Don't really care if DE makes her summon stars, shoot flying balls or even drop loc pins for her 3 for 0 energy, the whole "utility wheel" idea falls flat.

Her 2 and 4 are good as they are. Her 3 can be good too if they add some utility to it over just damage.

Overall constructive feedback / good points though. The thoughts are much appreciated. I don't completely agree, but I do think those suggestions could also be fun while still keeping a semblance of something new. 

11 minutes ago, (XB1)Thy Divinity said:

Why?  Why do we need another thread on this when several already exist?

Much better and more relevant question.

I’ll make a new thread about how she sucks and should work more like one of my favorite frames. You make a new thread about how excited you are for her, and don’t understand the hate for her. Let’s keep the ball rolling. 

Also, we’ll both make new threads on Itzal 😂

Edited by The_Mustachio

Let's be real here, Wisp will suck 100% , her 1 is stationary and her 3 uses her  1 ... warframe is a fast pace game so they want her to stay at 1 spot with her little flowers ? They want to fix Vauban and they do the same error with wisp, her 2 is nice and her 4 makes her channel not being able to move freely , also her kit does not feel like the kit of the same warframe .. flowers into some stealth into ... a sun kamehameha ? Wisp will probably be the frame you play till level 30 then give up on .. (personal opinion ) 

2 minutes ago, Datam4ss said:

Wisp will have the same issue as Booben since she doesn't have an AI companion to use her skill for her and has no prowl to sit in.

Yeah then I guess her wheel would make more sense if the totems also acted as "spirits" that followed her. 

Btw, I do actually use booben's wheel while indoors. Idk why people have such a hard time figuring out how to use a wheel fast while in combat. 

2 minutes ago, Jinzanami said:

so kohra was not rushed ? EOS was not rushed ? Failtuna was not rushed ? DE track recorded is red with this stuff so i can assume with my eyes closed.

Kind of odd that the three things you mention were all things that we know DE spent a fair bit of time on from devstreams.

As stated elsewhere, just because you don't like something, doesn't mean it was rushed.

I guess for once I'm on the side of the people that don't want changes to a frames kit before they are out

Provided the numbers are there (and it doesn't take an eternity to get her alt helm), she seems like a frame I'll use randomly to have some fun in interceptions and MD.