Whispers in the Walls: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Auction house

SpongeCakeS

1 hour ago, Im_a_Turtle said:

warframe rivens

Mate you see the ball called balance? see how its held together with basically endo and hope? do you want to break it? because thats how you break it imagine this for me 
vigor, steel fiber, and blind rage now squish it into one mod now if you wanted to power creep to end all power creep i mean you got it right there and you have also opened the flood gates more of this game is too easy for my umbral riven inaros that only takes 1 damage DE make content for my power level on the forums 

personally we crossed the line of rivens long ago so sure why not lets keep going and see what happens 

but thats probably a harder no from DE then anything DE no'ed in their existence of noing

thats like a hold on a second That is an *ahem* Vandal wraith mara mk-1 synoid vaykor telos secura carmine sancti mutalist rakta umbra grate No 

Edited by seprent
repeated mara

1 hour ago, OmegaDonut said:

Diablo.

Three.

nuff said.

No.  

Ugh why is there always one of these. 

The D3 Auction house had literally nothing to do with D3 being a Dumpster fire, that was 110% Blizzards doing. They litterally sabotaged their own game to drive people to the RMT Auction house as a clear round about way to work persistent microtransactions into a $60 game all while being able to shirk responsibility with the get out if jail catch all of "hey it's player driven~". 

If Blizzard hadn't sabotaged their own game for the sake of skimming fractions off a dollar transaction like a low budget Lex Luthor, D3 would have been fine out of the gate. 

Then after skapegoating the Auction House for all of D3s woes and vanquishing the foul beast, with a slight of hand that almost none of their customers seem to take notice of...... they increased all the drop rates for D3 to where they SHOULD HAVE BEEN IN THE HECCIN FIRST PLACE........ and lo the game was actually playable as if by magic. Which it could have been from the get go if not for the magic of greed. 

tl;dr

D3s problems had nothing to do with the AH, Blizzard was the problem with D3 full stop. Please stop trying to using that as an example that it isn't. 

Edited by Oreades

I've been wondering for a while now why there is not something like an Auction House within Warframe?

I get that there's a Chat which people Spam out WTB / WTS but would it not be good if we had an Auction House?

People log into it from a Relay and put their items up for sale for either Credits or Platinum.

What people put them up for sale for vs what people bid for them will determine the value of them.

Basically like FFXI if anyone played it!

It means people can Farm Items / Resource to make Credits / Platinum more efficiently and might make the game a bit more user friendly, rather than Spamming in Trading Chat or Standing within Maroo's Bazaar aimlessly!

Thoughts!?

I have tried to bring this up multiple times, SEVERAL people have. Unfortunately you are going to be 1 of 2 people who are either super for this or super against it for reasons and just dog pile the discussion... x_x

The ultimate problem is DE doesn't want it. From what I can tell it's been talked about to death on forums but on DE's side it was like addressed ages ago and nobody's ever spoken to them about it since or they just don't want it/care. Because their argument is *everything will just cost 1plat then*

The thing is having PROPER trade system would make this run smoother. but that would also mean people won't spend hundreds of dollars on that plat to spend on 2.5k lanka rivens and crap so why bother trying to even remotely organize this? -_-;

10 minutes ago, (XB1)UlT1M473 PRO said:

Thoughts!?

Since the reign of Emperor Marcus Aurelius (161-180 AD) there has been one thread per week on this topic.

So many things have happened.

But not an auction house.

• Like 1

As again I said it when someone suggested the auction house for I'll say it again

The auction house will be the last resort to do as in back up plan because during the time there was a group of people who made a clan who bought tons of riven mods and made the riven mods skyrocket its prices and ripping off players which they bought the riven under 50 plats and then they resell it by making it up to 1k of plat which this means it destroys the market place and cause an uproar which it took a couple of time to get DE attention that someone is scandalizing the market of the riven which at 1st they didn't believe the people then more crowds come in to send more complaint about the issue then it rose even more afterward and sent tons of pictures and highlight who is demanding the rip off cost of plats so DE finally took the terms this run of scam to be a close by banning the crooks with scandalizing run along with their clans they made but few their group people run in hiding just waiting to scheme again in warframe.  This clears up the issue and fixes things up but at this time the riven mod is back normal without being ripped off but if this happens again or some other scheme that is developed then auction house is the last resort to suppress any scandal which DE will scale the mods cost of how much it will be in plat so that way no one gets to control the market or either the auction house.

an auction house would be nice. Save so much time from posting in trade chat when I could be playing the game or working on something else. 

Timewise it's way better for the players. 

Outside groffiters but eff them. 

More time to play the game, plus you get a pleasant surprise when something you posted in it gets sold while you were offline or in a mission or something. 

This game is already pretty resilient to rmt just for the fact you can't mine for plat like you could premium currency in other games with dmt. 

lil trade tax in form of plat that de pulls out instead of just credits and done. 

I like the idea of an in game auction house, I already use WF market for 99% of my plat purchases(which is basically an AH on a 3rd party site) because the in game trade chat is so over bloated and over priced. I tried to buy an Oberon Prime last week in trade chat, got whispers for 250p from like 10 people right off the bat, got it for 150 on WF instantly the next day. Wanted to grab the currently vaulted Soma Prime Set the other day, 150p in trade chat, got it for 75 on WF market. So anything that kicks the plat scamming in game vultures away is good in my book. 

1 hour ago, ChaoticEdge said:

As again I said it when someone suggested the auction house for I'll say it again

The auction house will be the last resort to do as in back up plan because during the time there was a group of people who made a clan who bought tons of riven mods and made the riven mods skyrocket its prices and ripping off players which they bought the riven under 50 plats and then they resell it by making it up to 1k of plat which this means it destroys the market place and cause an uproar which it took a couple of time to get DE attention that someone is scandalizing the market of the riven which at 1st they didn't believe the people then more crowds come in to send more complaint about the issue then it rose even more afterward and sent tons of pictures and highlight who is demanding the rip off cost of plats so DE finally took the terms this run of scam to be a close by banning the crooks with scandalizing run along with their clans they made but few their group people run in hiding just waiting to scheme again in warframe.  This clears up the issue and fixes things up but at this time the riven mod is back normal without being ripped off but if this happens again or some other scheme that is developed then auction house is the last resort to suppress any scandal which DE will scale the mods cost of how much it will be in plat so that way no one gets to control the market or either the auction house.

That is a very fair point.

I just feel there must be an easier way to buy/sell than sitting there spamming requests. Or aimlessly standing in the bazaar not even playing the game.

To be fair I'm enjoying grinding and farming for what i need, but when I just need one item, it would be nice to have the choice of just buying from someone instantly.

I will never not upvote an AH thread when I see one. All the usual objections have been debunked time and time again, and I find it unbelievable that every aspect of WF has been refined and updated over the years, except for trading, which is still stuck with the most rudimentary mechanisms possible (i.e. trade chat and whispers). To my mind that's like making a first-person shooter with 2019 graphics but without mouse aiming. Just hopelessly antiquated.

1 hour ago, 0_The_F00l said:

I shall support all these threads until a megathread is created. 

Sadly that would just get spammed with all the dismissive "no" replies you see here that just unthinkingly shout down the idea without actually offering any kind of argument against it, the very definition of mob mentality. Such a thread would require very aggressive moderator action to be of any use.

Edited by SordidDreams
  • Like 2

Am 4.6.2019 um 00:50 schrieb (PS4)Blade_runner4379:

What are your thoughts?

There is clearly a need. That is why we have an almost-auction-house already. wf market has 10k-20k concurrent traders online at most times. And enough people want wf market to succeed to pay them real world money through their patreon. 

A fully integrated auction house would be even better because DE could actually make money from it and protect new players from scammers. I mean just limit "offline" trade offers to a very low number, increase that number only by buying prime access, take a 25% platinum cut from every offline trade and make every item only tradable once to stop reselling. If you offer this as an additional service noone suffers. People who enjoy trade chat spam can still have their daily fix. 

46 minutes ago, k05h said:

There is clearly a need. That is why we have an almost-auction-house already. wf market has 10k-20k concurrent traders online at most times. And enough people want wf market to succeed to pay them real world money through their patreon. 

A fully integrated auction house would be even better because DE could actually make money from it and protect new players from scammers. I mean just limit "offline" trade offers to a very low number, increase that number only by buying prime access, take a 25% platinum cut from every offline trade and make every item only tradable once to stop reselling. If you offer this as an additional service noone suffers. People who enjoy trade chat spam can still have their daily fix. 

2-5% of the plat for the transactions is fair, 25% is way too steep even compared to Auction house taxes I've seen in asian mmorpgs.

Locking something behind prime access though would be a poor choice, would make DE look greedy asf and get double backlash from the community.

Keeping the trade cap works for auction house just keep it as is but lock it to transactions with the same seller. One seller selling lots of stuff you like? Go ahead load up that cart and buy it all. 

Auction houses don't function well if you restrict selling of items. That's part of what helps them flourish to begin with. 

6 hours ago, ChaoticEdge said:

This post summarize why we won't be seeing an ingame auction house in wf.

Even if you consider them fringe / conspiracy theories, the point remains that DE doesn't want to make trading automated, without active player input.
Make of that what you want. If you want to say it's to protect their plat sales by make trading tougher so ppl buy more plat, or to increase active player participation, that's your way of looking at it.

The result either way is no auction house in wf in 2019 or 2020.

vor 4 Stunden schrieb ChaoticEdge:

during the time there was a group of people who made a clan who bought tons of riven mods and made the riven mods skyrocket its prices and ripping off players which they bought the riven under 50 plats and then they resell it by making it up to 1k of plat

I have never understood why rivens that are already stored in a separate database (table) cannot be banned from reselling.

Simple solution for riven reselling: bind them to the player after purchases from another player. 

I’ve come to enjoy the interaction and visiting dojos too much to go back to wanting an auction house, but Id love to see an integrated listing system.

limited amount of slots, linked to your daily trade numbers maybe though not exact parity. Perhaps a Flag setting for sellers so they can signal if they’re open to trading or not actively trading.  Only allow listing of an owned inventory item, updates as sold at point of sale immediately, facilitates communication between players (showing who is in game, out of game and in mission next to seller name, plus the active trading flag.) can search listings and traits, etc.

could even have an option to have messages sent to sellers in mission and have them arrive post mission to avoid interruptions and missed messages. An automated “I’m in a >insert mission type here<“ reply so interested parties could tell if they’re waiting on a quick mission or an endless survival.

i know we’ve got warframe market and it’s a genuinely Impressive, useful tool but I’m getting to a point where I’d like something integrated and more functional than a third party would ever be allowed to be, but achieved without sacrificing the direct player to player contact which I’ve truly come to value.

24 minutes ago, (PS4)LeBlingKing69 said:

giphy.gif

Yeah, now go post that in every other thread that discusses something already talked about (i.e. almost every single one of them, including almost all of yours).

Edited by SordidDreams