Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Baro is unfriendly to people that have a life

PollexMessier

I could go all day about ways this game completely shafts people that have even a remote semblance of a life, that DE really should fix if they want to draw in and keep players that can, you know, actually pay for the game. But I don't have time so I'm going to address the one plaguing me at this particular moment. I often find myself having to choose between being available to see what Baro has at any given time he shows up, or making plans to do something else, and that's really frustrating. Especially when I choose the former and he brings absolutely nothing of interest. Yes I know whatever he's got will always come around again eventually, but who knows how long that'll take and if I'll be available for it then ether. Something about him needs to change. Here's some suggestions I have to alleviate this issue:

Announce his inventory ahead of time so people can make an educated decision on whether or not they're willing to throw away their social life for the weekend to get a new shiny bauble or if its just not worth their time.

Extend his time by a few days so he shows up earlier in the week and stays around longer.

Always repeat the new stuff he brings the next time around so anyone who has all his other stuff can comfortably skip an appearance without worrying about missing out. or better yet, divide his inventory in two, (or even better, double his inventory) and always repeat the newer half the next time around like: | A, B | B, C | C, D |. Basically set it up in some way where he always repeats every item he has once consecutively, but his inventory still changes. So anyone can comfortably skip one appearance without missing anything. If that makes sense.

Or, and this is the best option IMO, Allow people to purchase items from Baro through the app so they can farm for ducats ahead of time and don't have to worry about being available at all.

Any one of these would massively improve my, and I'm sure anyone else who plays this game and has actual friends, enjoyment of the system. Or better yet, use all of them.

I love the implications that anyone who has the majority of Baro items has neither a life nor friends.

You could either A) focus on grinding ducats out so you have some stock in between baro visits (really doesnt take that much time) or B) Buy some junk prime parts for meager amounts of plat (helpful to new players and it adds up quick)

• Like 10

the game... already builds almost 100% of the content around 9-5 people that play a game like 20 minutes up to a couple hours any day that they play it, and not any more than that.
there's a two week period of time to prepare, and that can be easily achieved with but less than an hour a day, on only some of the days in that time frame.

>.>

Warframe with almost all of the content moreso punishes Players for playing more, rather than for playing less.

• Like 1

vor einer Stunde schrieb PollexMessier:

I could go all day about ways this game completely shafts people that have even a remote semblance of a life

Just a little sidenote, people who are insistend on explaining how "they have a life" are usually furthest away from actually having one.

It's the very same as a child going around and explaining to everybody how "grown up" they are.

Or to rephrase it, if you had a life, you'd have far more pressing matters than virtual items from a from a fictional trader in a videogame..

• Like 7

3 hours ago, PollexMessier said:

throw away their social life for the weekend

That's a bit of an exaggeration. It takes less than a minute to check what he has.

3 hours ago, PollexMessier said:

farm for ducats ahead of time

What's stopping you? Go ahead and farm them ahead of time.

Edited by schilds
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, PollexMessier said:

Announce his inventory ahead of time so people can make an educated decision on whether or not they're willing to throw away their social life for the weekend to get a new shiny bauble or if its just not worth their time.

People usually post it as soon as he arrives so it isn't much of a problem.

Also, how is doing something that takes literally less than 10 minutes (and that is from starting the game, to logging in, to heading to him, to buying, to leaving the game) causing anyone to "throw away their social life for the weekend"?
I mean seriously, it takes no time at all to log in, check his wares, buy them, and leave.  And if you can't even spare 10 minutes over the days that he is over.....

• Like 2

If your life is busy enough that you literally cannot spare 2 minutes over the course of a whole weekend to log on and buy some item from Baro (assuming ducats can be easily farmed and stocked ahead of time), then honestly, I have to ask you this: why are you playing and invested on a looter grinder type of game? 

If you miss it, it will be around again eventually.   Or, save up ducats up until Tennocon, buy a digital pass, get the Baro code and buy everything you want.   Money well spent if it concerns you that much.

Edited by _Vortus_

10 hours ago, PollexMessier said:

An exaggeration and would make no real difference considering people post his wares within minutes.

What are you actually going without when you miss a Baro trip? I was on vacation last round and I missed Primed Animal Instinct, and so now.... my passive Loot Radar doesn't go any further than it always has. But it could've gone further.

Oh no! The humanity! Now I have to wait a few months for the chance at seeing those Rubedo drops from somewhat further away!

Edited by SenorClipClop

15 hours ago, DeckChairVonBananaCamel said:

of you are away from the computer, you can usually look up baro ki'teers page on the wikia, it usually gets updated with his current wares

14 hours ago, (XB1)Ubern00ber88 said:

I love the implications that anyone who has the majority of Baro items has neither a life nor friends.

You could either A) focus on grinding ducats out so you have some stock in between baro visits (really doesnt take that much time) or B) Buy some junk prime parts for meager amounts of plat (helpful to new players and it adds up quick)

14 hours ago, Datam4ss said:

it doesn't take that many fissure runs to get enough prime parts for obtaining what you need...

11 hours ago, schilds said:

That's a bit of an exaggeration. It takes less than a minute to check what he has.

What's stopping you? Go ahead and farm them ahead of time.

7 hours ago, Tsukinoki said:

People usually post it as soon as he arrives so it isn't much of a problem.

Also, how is doing something that takes literally less than 10 minutes (and that is from starting the game, to logging in, to heading to him, to buying, to leaving the game) causing anyone to "throw away their social life for the weekend"?
I mean seriously, it takes no time at all to log in, check his wares, buy them, and leave.  And if you can't even spare 10 minutes over the days that he is over.....

6 hours ago, --END--Rikutatis said:

If your life is busy enough that you literally cannot spare 2 minutes over the course of a whole weekend to log on and buy some item from Baro (assuming ducats can be easily farmed and stocked ahead of time), then honestly, I have to ask you this: why are you playing and invested on a looter grinder type of game? 

5 hours ago, Atsia said:

An exaggeration and would make no real difference considering people post his wares within minutes.

You all completely missed the point. The issue here Isn't not having the time to log on for a few minutes to get the stuff, or the grind for dukats itself. It's not about the amount of available time at all. the issue is going away for a weekend, ie: not having access to your computer at all for the duration of baro's visit. knowing what his wares are after plans like this have already been made is completely useless information as, if I were in a position to make use of that information after he's already shown up, then I wouldn't need it at all to begin with. as I could literally just go up to him and check myself faster than anyone would've had the information up online and i could find it. If I'm, say, out of state or something, there is absolutely nothing I can do about it *after the fact*

With a bigger margin of time he's available, an announcement of what his goods'll be a week in advance of his arrival, and/or the ability to purchase goods off him from the mobile app, this problem would be eliminated almost entirely

And I'm in no way implying people who don't encounter this issue don't have a life. I'm just saying that many people who do are severely inconvenienced by just about every aspect of his system, or put another way, the lack of QoL features around it. Just "oh you have to be away from your house those 3 days? too bad! cus I just brought a bunch of S#&$ you wanted" It certainly doesn't effect everyone. but here's my train of logic:

those I didn't quote here saying that I don't have a life? You're all right, I don't. I have exactly one friend, and no job. Yet I'v encountered this problem multiple times. If I of all people have had this happen enough times to get this frustrated about it. How many people are out there do you think that actually have friends and responsibilities that have this issue regularly? Somehow I doubt some antisocial shut in like me gets out even a fraction as often as the average person.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)RenovaKunumaru said:

We all have a life too and we can manage Baro as well.

First of all that was a non-answer deflecting my question because you couldn't back up your accusation. Secondly, who's this "we"? Is "we" everyone who isn't me specifically? Is it everyone else in this forum? everyone who plays the game? is it the royal we?

6 minutes ago, PollexMessier said:

First of all that was a non-answer deflecting my question because you couldn't back up your accusation. Secondly, who's this "we"? Is "we" everyone who isn't me specifically? Is it everyone else in this forum? everyone who plays the game? is it the royal we?

Assumption would be everyone not complaining. I don't recall when I've seen this issue being raised in the past.

17 hours ago, PollexMessier said:

I could go all day about ways this game completely shafts people that have even a remote semblance of a life, that DE really should fix if they want to draw in and keep players that can, you know, actually pay for the game. But I don't have time so I'm going to address the one plaguing me at this particular moment. I often find myself having to choose between being available to see what Baro has at any given time he shows up, or making plans to do something else, and that's really frustrating. Especially when I choose the former and he brings absolutely nothing of interest. Yes I know whatever he's got will always come around again eventually, but who knows how long that'll take and if I'll be available for it then ether. Something about him needs to change. Here's some suggestions I have to alleviate this issue:

Extend his time by a few days so he shows up earlier in the week and stays around longer.

Always repeat the new stuff he brings the next time around so anyone who has all his other stuff can comfortably skip an appearance without worrying about missing out. or better yet, divide his inventory in two, (or even better, double his inventory) and always repeat the newer half the next time around like: | A, B | B, C | C, D |. Basically set it up in some way where he always repeats every item he has once consecutively, but his inventory still changes. So anyone can comfortably skip one appearance without missing anything. If that makes sense.

Or, and this is the best option IMO, Allow people to purchase items from Baro through the app so they can farm for ducats ahead of time and don't have to worry about being available at all.

Any one of these would massively improve my, and I'm sure anyone else who plays this game and has actual friends, enjoyment of the system. Or better yet, use all of them.

We don't know each other and you've already implied that I have no life nor friends, just because I'm able to access Baro.  

He's been on a set schedule for a very long time now, you know when and how long to expect him, you are fully capable of farming for Ducats well in advance of his visit. 

You choosing to not do that isn't the problem of people who do.