Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Plains of Eidolon Remaster: Update 24.8.0

[DE]Drew

4 minutes ago, [DE]Drew said:

We will be watching how these changes play out as we plan to iterate further on the mode in the future, with our next review for Arbitrations focusing on reward pacing.

Cool, hope sooner than later 🙂

3 minutes ago, [DE]Drew said:

Also, enemies now have a chance to drop the elusive Aura Forma Blueprint! Craft Aura Forma to further customize your Warframe and fine-tune your Mod builds.

Great... now remove polarity on any stance and make them all using combo EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

il y a 4 minutes, SQUAKO a dit :

Hi, I’m SQUAKO.

You may have read my posts as the guy who posts bugs in patch updates or someone who lowball offers on rivens but that isn't the point- currently, I want to address a what majority of arbitration players are thinking and their opinions before this update on the current state of Arbitrations.

Basically, to give you the rundown, Arbitrations suck for various reasons:

• Because arb rotations are 2 normal rotations, mission types like defense are completely not worth doing (10+ minutes) compared to literally everything else (10 minutes survival, 10 minutes interception, 8 minutes defection, 6-10 minutes infested salvage, 4-8 minutes excavation).  Every main Arbitration spammer can agree excavation was the best one to run (bonus points for infested), and defense/survival took too long (or were too ‘boring’).
  • Rotation rewards all suck, pure endo that can be earned three times faster doing a couple runs of vodyanoi.  Cool mods and ephemera I guess.
  • Vitus Essence rewards turn out to be only buying the Ayatan Amber Star Blueprint, Power Donation, and the Veiled Archgun Riven Mod. (Excluding cosmetics of course, because ThE ReAl eNdGaMe iS FasHioNFrAmE).
  • Arbitration drone AI sucks because they cause enemies to get stuck across the map (unless someone uses a form of enemy radar).

And with this update, solutions I have to solve most of the reasons why Arbitrations suck can be summed up to:

• Change arb rotational rewards to be 1 normal interval with the reward pool being AABBCCCCCC… to match the ABCCCCCC….  This would make playing arbs more worth your while and earn more rewards for your time (especially since without the reduced level scaling I wouldn’t want to sit around for an hour with a bunch of level 200 enemies)
  • Add ALL types of rivens, Primary, Shotgun, Secondary, Kitgun, Melee, Zaw, redeemable for Vitus Essence in Arbitration Honors.  Actual tangible rewards are pretty lackluster and there would be no reason to do them unless you wanted a bunch of the cosmetics.
  • Add Kuva to be redeemable for Vitus Essence in Arbitration Honors.  Add Kuva to the rotational reward pool.
  • Have arbitration shield drones permanently under the effects of an enemy radar so they function properly and run to you (solving the “enemies stuck across the map” bug)
  • Bind Vitus Essence to account like how cracking relics do so crashing or aborting the mission early doesn’t throw out all your hard earned work.

If you feel arbitrations can truly improve, I highly advise checking out my future post (I will add a link ASAP here) to check out and upvote or give me an argument about.  But until then, we can ALL agree arbitrations right now are pretty cut and dry.

No

I'm still unsure on how I feel about revives in arbitration. It feels like it will add leeching (as I'm starting to see become more prevalent in many more missions though I'm sure someone long ago has gone on a rant about this) I'm looking forward however to testing out these changes, I'd like to see how things go before I judge it 100%

Nice to see how the concerns/feedback in the preview feedback thread about the revive without bleedout mechanic only reinforcing of the tank meta, the stupidity of implementing an unremovable HP malus in a mode where you instantly die if you hit 0 hp, the concerns with accidental pickups of the revive tokens. As well as the actual issues of the relatively poor reward frequency from survival/defense/interception compared to Excavation (because there is no way to use skill to speed up the timer) went completely ignored.  No idea why reward frequency are getting addressed in a completely separate patch down the line when it's a core issue with arbitrations whereas the instant death was not so much and could have been resolved by adding a bleedout timer and rapid way to independently extract without risking host migration BS. As usual of feedback threads. I dont even know why people bother at this point. Or why DE bothers to put up preview/feedback gathering threads when they clearly dont actually use or consider the arguments in them.

New skins and cosmetics are nice though I guess. Pity the bleedy ephemera is going to continue to look like amorphous globs of... liquid instead of actual blood spray/dripping.

Edit: Archgun riven?! You'd think that would be worth mentioning in the patch notes. Unless unintentional? Also 25 vitus? Really.... you'd think DE would be reasonable and make it something reasonable like 10-15 given how much goddam RNG are behind those things. Ah well. I'm at 90/90 anyways so I'll be skipping for now unless it turns out the dispo is broken high.

Those skin base colors make them look ugly as hell but I guess it fair since they arent for plat.

The operator oculus looks spiffy. Finally some streamlined looking lenses without odd rings or spikes sticking out of odd places. I'm sold.

DE Announces change;
Majority of feedback tells DE it's not the best way to fix this.
DE Does it anyway...
Profit?

In all honesty, it's a bad patch, like Nightwave was a bad patch, like the REAL first iteration of Arbitrations was badly implemented.

Covering your ears and hoping that the next big patch shifts people's attention doesn't negate the fact that the problem persists.

The problem with Arbitrations was never the scaling or the perma death, it was actually everything else:
The stupid Drones that are just there because DE has one solution to making things dificult, and one solution only...
The fantastic idea of making all the things just take longer for worse rewards, that was a problem.

And finally, the thing you're trying to sweep under the rug, the freaking P2P system being S#&$. Fix the Host migration issues instead of killing the whole identity of the game mode. Make the game PAUSE THE GAME, STOP EVERYTHING, as soon as the host leaves. Because host migration isn't just an issue in Arbitrations, it's an issue EVERYWHERE!

1 minute ago, CanOfCraig said:

I'm still unsure on how I feel about revives in arbitration. It feels like it will add leeching (as I'm starting to see become more prevalent in many more missions though I'm sure someone long ago has gone on a rant about this) I'm looking forward however to testing out these changes, I'd like to see how things go before I judge it 100%

To be fair, the squad has to actually want to revive the leeching offender. If they never bother, it'll be perfect.

Archived