Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Glaxion Vandal and Spectra Vandal from the new Operation. Your thoughts?

Duality52

i've only experienced the glaxion and its a solid weapon to be honest, now if the vandal variant is a crit based with increased fire rate it would be a decent weapon to have (having a crit riven my self 😛 )

Edited by _JustSomeone_

7 hours ago, AzureTerra said:

Try a cheese free diet

Cheese? No, it's not just cheese. With the way things are, a single target weapon could almost one-shot everything it hits regardless of health and still not be that great. 
My synapse probably does the most damage of all weapons I own by a *huge* margin, but it still feels clunky and not very usable. 

12 hours ago, Yousho said:

It's hard for me to care about new weapons these days, given the state of the meta. 

does it kill something from your just pointing funny at someone? No 

useless mr fodder and other words forum people use for something that isnt top tier 
i swear its almost like people play a game for min maxing efficiency instead of for fun

eh none of my business unless im poking fun at them for my own humor then i guess it is my business 

2 hours ago, seprent said:

does it kill something from your just pointing funny at someone? No 

useless mr fodder and other words forum people use for something that isnt top tier 
i swear its almost like people play a game for min maxing efficiency instead of for fun

eh none of my business unless im poking fun at them for my own humor then i guess it is my business 

I think you've assumed a lot about my motivation from very little information, and hence have drawn the wrong conclusions. 

23 hours ago, Duality52 said:

Tonight's Prime Time revealed that the next two Vandal weapons are the Glaxion and the Spectra.

Both weapons have solid status chance, while the Spectra can be modded for crits. At the same time, both weapons are lacking in terms of damage. The Vandal variants can potentially fix that issue, plus it wouldn't hurt to get more Vandal beam weapons to add with the Quanta Vandal.

Your thoughts on these weapons?

Good thing I got two Glaxion rivens for next to nothing a while ago.

22 hours ago, Fishyflakes said:

It's basically a Ferrox in disguise ( definitely unfaithful to the original).

Get out of here with this "unfaithful to the original" bs. You want a hard hitting, slow firing weapon go get the freaking Lenz. Opticor Vandal is better and makes the gun more fun to use. Less mods wasted on charge speed the better.

21 hours ago, Tiltskillet said:

I just leveled up a glaxion a bunch of times a few days ago.  Like, leveled it by killing stuff with it because I was having fun.   If the Vandal gets a CC gimmick and a bit more damage--and looks good--I'll be pretty happy.

Spectra...well, according to my codex, I've mastered it.  That's news to me!...apparently it didn't make much of an impression.

edit:  hah, I still have the spectra in inventory.  It's got Hornet Strike, a two-pip Heated Charge, and a two-pip No Return on it, lol. I still have zero memory of the thing.

Back in the day is was really bad. You should try out the vandal version when you get it as all beam weapons got a hefty buff.

2 hours ago, (XB1)RevenantRequiem said:

Its called corpus tilesets. The last two events have been on corpus tiles so therefore vandal weapons because wraith is for the grineer

Nah, we'll just slap some red/black paint on Corpus weaponry and call it a day.

3 hours ago, Yousho said:

I think you've assumed a lot about my motivation from very little information, and hence have drawn the wrong conclusions. 

i wasnt planing on assuming motivations or conclusions i was mostly stating a general reaction i've seen/experienced with most people of the METATM react to a new weapon or weapon variant it was nothing specifically against you the state of the meta is damage > everything else for awhile now so its gotten rather easy for me to poke fun or guess reactions i could probably make a pretty good flow chart out of it though it probably be full of sarcasm.

• Like 1

after the beam weapon rework, glaxion and spectra can perform fairly well, so vandal versions will likely give them that extra bump to push them from "good" to "great" (though probably not god tier. but I really, really don't care if they're god tier or not). maybe.

that said, very sad we got the spectra before the flux vandal.

I just hope 2x Operation weapons is the new norm because the Prime to Vandal/Wraith ratio has always been lacking.

Estimated Prime weapon releases per year: 8 (barring misc releasing like sentinels)

Estimated Vandal/Wraith releases per year: maybe 3 (previously maybe 1 or 2)

Prisma versions pick up the slack a little, but very little.

As for the weapons for this operation. Meh. 

Edited by Madway7

i love how the stats of the weapon isnt even out and so many people are calling it mr fodder already. it makes it even funnier when im pretty sure most of the "meta chasers" cant even do an endurance run properly. 

8 minutes ago, Zeclem said:

i love how the stats of the weapon isnt even out and so many people are calling it mr fodder already. it makes it even funnier when im pretty sure most of the "meta chasers" cant even do an endurance run properly. 

It's because those two guns are so damn rare, I haven't seen anyone use the Spectra since a year or more, the last time I saw a Glaxion was half a year ago. They also jumped on the Opticor Vandal, calling it MR fodder right away after seeing the decreased damage.

13 hours ago, (XB1)RevenantRequiem said:

Get out of here with this "unfaithful to the original" bs. You want a hard hitting, slow firing weapon go get the freaking Lenz. Opticor Vandal is better and makes the gun more fun to use. Less mods wasted on charge speed the better.

Ferrox Vandal*

On 2019-05-16 at 11:24 PM, bibmobello said:

THey are pure crap but i bet people will raise riven price,  unless they triplicate the damage, crit chance and crit mult they will remain just scrap.

Seriously getting the worst weapon and putting a vandal word behind them doesn't make better....

There are tons of even ML 14 totally unused or forgotten weapons. The ferrox should destroy everything but hey no it's even bugged, after you throw it after 20 seconds sometimes you can use it anymore...

That depends on whether or not they add extra special effects to the weapons. They seem more and more fond of adding unique effects to weapon variants. (e.g. Pyrana Prime and Ballistica Prime)

Though so far I only really see that on Prime variants. We'll see.

I find that most weapons people describe as "crap" are still decently fun weapons to use, just not for the min/max player who likes to spend 3+ hours in Survival playing against level 200+ enemies. Enemy scaling stops being fun for me past 100 - I can handle such enemies, it's just not fun anymore.

17 hours ago, (XB1)RevenantRequiem said:

Hard hitting and slow firing... how about the Ogris? I was having fun with that one today, running Fissures. Even topped damage, unless there was an Equinox or Saryn in the group!

I would love to see an Ogris Wraith given the same treatment that Opticor Vandal was. Rocket barrage, incoming!

On 2019-05-17 at 1:26 PM, OvisCaedo said:

...Seriously? TWO pretty generic beam weapons for the same event? Surely the Corpus had some other niche thing to vandalize.

Pretty sure it's the Tenno doing the "vandalizing" of weapon variants.

Edited by DrakeWurrum
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Fishyflakes said:

Ferrox Vandal*

its actually a lot more similar to opticor than ferrox cus of beam thickness in terms of playstyle. ferrox is, and always has been a precision weapon, not a laser cannon. and opticor vandal is far from a weapon that needs precision.