Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Glaxion Vandal and Spectra Vandal from the new Operation. Your thoughts?

Duality52

6 minutes ago, Ced23Ric said:

The Vopticandal is a 40% DPS increase over the Opticor, while also having less damage wasted, and allowing faster follow-up shots, and absolutely overshadows it, but hey, sure.

It's basically a Ferrox in disguise ( definitely unfaithful to the original).

6 minutes ago, bibmobello said:

The Op vandal has a 20% more raw dps over the normal Opticor excluding the 10% more status chance.

... my bad, yeah. "Only" 20% more DPS (raw or total, out of the box or fully modded) paired with 50% more status than the Opticor. Point stands; the Vopticandal wipes the floor with the Opticor.

Still no Flux Rifle Vandal. I can't be bothered with the Spectra or Glaxion no matter how upgraded they get.

I just leveled up a glaxion a bunch of times a few days ago.  Like, leveled it by killing stuff with it because I was having fun.   If the Vandal gets a CC gimmick and a bit more damage--and looks good--I'll be pretty happy.

Spectra...well, according to my codex, I've mastered it.  That's news to me!...apparently it didn't make much of an impression.

edit:  hah, I still have the spectra in inventory.  It's got Hornet Strike, a two-pip Heated Charge, and a two-pip No Return on it, lol. I still have zero memory of the thing.

Edited by Tiltskillet

How comes people only think a weapon can be good if there is a riven involved? It's like going on a date and instead of enjoying the person, you gotta offer them some drug to pump them up....

I barely ever use rivens and still have a good fun time.

Imma use the Glad V with Frost and Hydroid. Make em chill the uck out with Frost powers and Glad V, then okay shattersport with 4. Gonna make it rain with Hydroid then freeze em on the ground to then have my baby tentacle beast smash at them.

Or (more realistically) start seeing the Glad V work to then have a Arca Plas/Catchmoon blast come flying down and vaporize the bodies.

Spectra V.....not on my radar since did not enjoy the Spectra....

• Like 2

My thoughts?

Glaxion, ewww. I swear, some smart Corpus from quality control division “accidentally” removes “damage on” switch on some weapons they intend to sell to Tenno. Not that I blame them. Smaaaart.

What is Spectra?

Battacor Vandal then? Or will it have new Sentientish variant and WHO DO I HAVE TO KILL FOR THAT?!!

I wonder if vandalizing this guns will make them as interesting to play for me, as Opticor Vandal? Night and day.

Hmm, another Vandal, what happened to Wraiths?

Heck, those 2 Glaxion Rivens I transmuted :(.

Lol, those 3 Glaxion Rivens my friend transmuted :D.

Edited by rand0mname

I think all these Variants of weapons are just unnecessarily bloating the game without offering much.

This is even partially true for Prime-Variants, although they are a fundemental part of Warframe and at least get a brand-new model instead of just minor skin-changes you might barely notice when playing - so i have no problem with the Prime system. Still, i dont really get hyped for Primes anymore aswell unless they really add something to the Weapon (like with Pyrana Prime and the Ghost-mechanic, Tiberon Prime with new Firemode etc). I've never bothered to farm Wraith/Vandal Weapons a lot.

I would be much more interested for new Augment-Mods for these Weapons for example. At the beginning of the week i made a topic about this "issue" and what i would like to see for weapons like this, and the fact that the terms "MR-Fodder", "useless" or question like "why would i even use this if x exists?" come up here already are an indicator that nobody will care for these weapons unless they buff the stats so much that these weapons get on par with our TopTier weapons in the game. In case you are interested in my thoughts, the link to my topic is in the Spoiler below, fittingly i used the Glaxion as an example on how to make this weapons interesting even if they are inferior to the good weapons in the game.

Spoiler

Edited by DreisterDino
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Duality52 said:

Tonight's Prime Time revealed that the next two Vandal weapons are the Glaxion and the Spectra.

Your thoughts on these weapons?

The Glaxion is my guilty pleasure weapon that I love to use every now and than, I am looking forward to the vandal version that is coming. 

Time to farm for Kuva for the riven that I have for it.

• Like 1

I've never liked the Glaxion, so can't say as I care all that much about it. I'll pick up a Glaxion Vandal, of course. You never know. I seriously doubt it'll see much use, but better to have than not have. 

A Spectra Vandal, though. Heck, yeah! Beam weapons are always fascinating, even though they rarely work all that well. The Spectra has been a secondary sleeper since the MR revamp, so a vandal variant is welcome indeed. A must have. Should be outstanding on infested, especially with something like Mirage. Hopefully, DE will kick the range up a bit (a lot). That's a hint. 

in a world where rooms can be cleared with a press of a button, them being MR Fodder is a given.

Only thing, i hope they both look and sound cool while also not suffering from the usual no-ammo/long reload time issue.

They might be MR Fodder, but we cal always buff the hell out of them with frames and arcanes.

Just now, Doraz_ said:

Only thing, i hope they both look and sound cool while also not suffering from the usual no-ammo/long reload time issue.

Ammo Mutation pretty much solves any no-ammo issue whatsoever. Hell, you don't even need the Primed versions for the whole starchart.