Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So, this is how hard work is payed off DE?

Satan

1 hour ago, --RV--Earth said:

if you did not read the entire post or my comment, we said that WE GIVE THEM AWAY FOR FREE anyway and this is about spitting in vets face than exclusivity

I’ve read your initial posting and I’m a little confused. If you are giving them away for free, why does it matter if people can now purchase them separately? 

Stinks of elitism. You are essentially saying that they should remain your property to give out when you please and that nobody new to the game is entitled to one unless they are provided permission. 

I don’t get how it’s a smack in the face to anyone that achieved it. You had your kudos and your period of exclusivity - now it’s in the hands of the masses again. So every time DE release something they should close that door forever because a couple of people don’t want to share their toy box? No thanks. 

I’m glad DE aren’t pandering to the tiny minority. 

• Like 2

Just now, Mez999 said:

I’ve read your initial posting and I’m a little confused. If you are giving them away for free, why does it matter if people can now purchase them separately? 

It doesn't matter.

To any SANE human being it doesn't matter.

But apparently this is something borderline on par with giving Excalibur Prime out to new players in terms of a slap in the face...for whatever inane reason it is.

1 minute ago, Mez999 said:

Stinks of elitism. You are essentially saying that they should remain your property to give out when you please and that nobody new to the game is entitled to one unless they are provided permission. 

I don’t get how it’s a smack in the face to anyone that achieved it. You had your kudos and your period of exclusivity - now it’s in the hands of the masses again. So every time DE release something they should close that door forever because a couple of people don’t want to share their toy box? No thanks. 

can you read the part about that this is about clan and vet content and not about the ignis before reading 1 sentence, think its about exclusivity and reply?

5 minutes ago, Mez999 said:

YOU SHOULD NOT GET EVERYTHING HANDED OUT TO YOU.This post isn't about exclusivity but CONTENT and the way vets constantly get shoved to the side for DE to pander to the masses and newer players, NOTHING THEY RELEASED IN THE PAST 2 YEARS WAS MADE FOR VETERANS. jesus.

The ignis wraith BP was being given away for free anyway.. the thing is, they are S#&$ting on vet content and next clan events by handing out these hard worked for rewards like common items, it ruins what little we had left of endgame to give out to everybody that didn't work hard for it.

Edited by eXotic

can understand both sides. i think rarely giving it out via baro is DE's way to try and lower the amount of people trying to sell the blueprint.

i do agree that it devalues a clan's effort, but on the other hand letting baro occasionally have it also has its pros. its unfair to only see the cons since both sides are valid.

in my opinion making such a blueprint exclusive is the wrong choice to begin with. if anything it should be a special skin, like deluxe skins that also change animations/effects for example, where u can regularly get the weapon itself but an exclusive skin shows a certain achievement.

that being said, i didnt like ignis w. blueprint being clan exclusive from the start. it shouldve been a reward from the event and then baro/trade exclusive and winning clans shouldve gotten a very special, REALLY exclusive skin to not lock the weapon and link it to either devaluing it or making it a potential credits-plat-conversion, if someone really actually sells a blueprint....

Edited by Xydeth

Just now, --RV--Earth said:

can you read the part about that this is about clan and vet content and not about the ignis before reading 1 sentence, think its about exclusivity and reply?

I did, thank you. I read your posts. That’s why I’m confused. Maybe the large amount of disagreement you’re facing is an indicator that you haven’t come across how you’re trying to. 

You're complaining that you played a game a lot and got something as a result of that. That something was a prize given for the hard work and was an exclusive prize for said event. You’re now terribly upset that other people can obtain your prize without all the work that you and your clan members have put it. 

That still boils down to exclusivity, at least in my opinion. You want that prize to remain exclusive as an indicator for your e-achievement. Unfortunately that just doesn’t happen. And shouldn’t. For the many reasons already mentioned. 

• Like 3

People need to realise, and I hope sooner than later, rewards in games will nearly never be exclusive. Exceptions being things like Founder packs.

The true exclusivity is the time you spent with your clan doing those events.

2 minutes ago, eXotic said:

YOU SHOULD NOT GET EVERYTHING HANDED OUT TO YOU.

Which is precisely what you are doing by handing out them for free. 

At least with Baro, they have to earn Ducats. 

Also vets don’t tend to pay the bills. It’s a free to play game and the majority must be catered for in order to fund the game. I wish people would understand this point. For you to enjoy any of the game, they must make money. They must survive and be profitable. You must accept that things like this are a necessary course of action. 

1 minute ago, XRosenkreuz said:

...says the guy whose clan does literally that.

Arguably the players who grind for Ducats and Credits deserve it more because they worked for it rather than getting it as a handout from somebody else's work.

How hilariously ironic

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Mez999 said:

I did, thank you. I read your posts. That’s why I’m confused. Maybe the large amount of disagreement you’re facing is an indicator that you haven’t come across how you’re trying to. 

You're complaining that you played a game a lot and got something as a result of that. That something was a prize given for the hard work and was an exclusive prize for said event. You’re now terribly upset that other people can obtain your prize without all the work that you and your clan members have put it. 

That still boils down to exclusivity, at least in my opinion. You want that prize to remain exclusive as an indicator for your e-achievement. Unfortunately that just doesn’t happen. And shouldn’t. For the many reasons already mentioned. 

no, this is discouraging from doing any operation, because whatever exclusive there will be in it which will be super hard to get in a competition, it will just be handed out to us in a year or so, which is basically a spit to the face to vets. see it like: here is new content for you to play and compete, you wanted hard challenging clan content so we finally delivered, just an fyi, all your work is meaningless and you didnt have to play it because we will give it to everyone for cheap soon.

1 minute ago, --RV--Earth said:

no, this is discouraging from doing any operation, because whatever exclusive there will be in it which will be super hard to get in a competition, it will just be handed out to us in a year or so

Speaking as someone who was right up front in helping his clan earn the Ingis Wraith research, I fully intend on playing the hell out of this event (and later ones), earning whatever we earn for playing them, and feeling precisely 0 vitriol toward people who buy them from Baro or get them from invasions in a year or so.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Mez999 said:

Which is precisely what you are doing by handing out them for free. 

At least with Baro, they have to earn Ducats. 

Also vets don’t tend to pay the bills. It’s a free to play game and the majority must be catered for in order to fund the game. I wish people would understand this point. For you to enjoy any of the game, they must make money. They must survive and be profitable. You must accept that things like this are a necessary course of action. 

We understand, but actively shoving veterans to the side in pursuit for fresh blood with a juicy wallet is the wrong way to go about it, the dedicated community is dying, this game keeps recycling players every year.

DE is letting players buy it directly, they aren't giving new Clans the ability to research it in their Dojo, so what is the problem? You are still one of the few clans to exclusively have the research option. No one is taking that away from you. So I fail to see how this is an issue.

2 hours ago, --RV--Cannibal said:

*Disclaimer*: This is is not about item exclusivity as much as it is about vets getting spit in the face once more

The Ignis Wraith in on sale at the moment from Baro for the second time and quite frankly I find this insulting, the clans who got this weapon earned it by placing in the top 10% in a official DE event. I am not complaining for the sake of keeping it exclusive, I am complaining for that fact that it is more of a "#*!% you" to veterans that worked their absolute hardest in that event. Content that was created as a reward for those who put as much work in as possible is now being handed out like common trash. Whilst RV (Remnants of the Void) give out the weapon blueprint for free (and maybe others but I cannot speak for them), a lot of people still find it insulting and it begs the question, will the upcoming event do exactly the same? Will Baro end up selling the new weapons that the top clans will get as research? the newest weapon we got was the Prisma Grinlok (I think), instead of giving out weapons people fought hard to earn, take advantage of the Prisma and make better weapon variants. This has happened twice now where Baro also sold a skin that was also from one of the official events. It just seems like you're making a clan's achievement worthless.

Some people may think i'm "Crying" about this but that's no the point, it's making the clans who have the research useless and will inflate the price.

Me and Exotic have created a thread each about this, but they have been merged together by a moderator.

tenor.gif?itemid=5547649

Well, hope you're feeling better now. :wink:

For the record the devs won't see this, as they don't read GD.

Also this kind of thing happens in other games. DE are certainly not the only developer to make "exclusive" content available to buy / as rewards etc. later on.

I still fail to understand why anyone even bothers getting upset over pixels.

Seriously...

Do you actually like to brag about it?

Do you show it off to plebs and say "look how great I am?"

Has it cost you money?

Does the fact that other people who did not participate in the same event as you / your clan, now have access to it, somehow have some terrible impact on your life? Has it left you mentally scarred?

If none of the above, then get over it and grow up.

Seriously...no-one cares...well 99.95% of people couldn't care less.

Edited by FlusteredFerret

11 minutes ago, eXotic said:

Read what we said in the thread and you might understand.

dude don't even waste your time with these white knights lol. Warframe is the only game I have seen where the veterans get S#&$ted on by not only the developers but the community too, even though I'm not a veteran I get enraged by the mentality of these people that undermine and don't respect the hard work and time spent by the veterans of the game. :'c

• Like 2

How is Ignis Wraith any different from the other previously event-exclusive weapons Baro sells in terms of "paying off the hard work?"

Buying it from Baro is not really worth it anyway. 550 ducats + 250k creds is stupidly overpriced given how easy it is to find someone willing to give it for free.

Edited by Guest

3 minutes ago, FlusteredFerret said:

For the record the devs won't see this, as they don't read GD.

I still fail to understand why anyone even bothers getting upset over pixels.

Seriously...

Do you actually like to brag about it?

Do you show it off to plebs and say "look how great I am?"

Has it cost you money?

Does the fact that other people who did not participate in the same event as you / your clan, somehow have some terrible impact on your life? Has it left you mentally scarred?

If none of the above, then get over it and grow up.

Seriously...no-one cares...well 99.95% of people couldn't care less.

For the record, this thread got moved from 'Feedback - Weapons' to 'General discussion - off topic' and then to 'General discussion'

No 1 person is the same, what upsets you doesn't upset the vast majority of others, we are entitled to our opinion and our opinion is voiced by many others,

No one brags about having the research, we give it out for free, most of us don't show it off to 'plebs' coming to that conclusion took you some real gymnastics..

We're worried about the future of the game, its continued decline in endgame content and how vets and people that worked hard for something get shoved to the side lines so DE can appease the masses.

It's almost like you can buy it for Credits if you get it from your dojo research and Baro charges much more than just Credits. Ignis was valuable as clan research XP. It's trading value remains low and the item value hasn't been touched. Every Event weapon has come back from Baro, and Switch needed it as well for that platform. My only complaint about the Ignis being from Baro is that it's a scam to new players. Baro selling Ignis doesn't affect the effort I put into my high score or the clan research owned for the clan I'm in.

Edited by Voltage
  • Like 4

6 minutes ago, Pr1A said:

How is Ignis Wraith any different from the other previously event-exclusive weapons Baro sells in terms of "paying off the hard work?"

Buying it from Baro is not really worth it anyway. 550 ducats + 250k creds is stupidly overpriced given how easy it is to find someone willing to give it for free.

Exactly, as stated in one of the posts, a lot of event exclusive rewards have been returned for the sake of players that weren't around at the time or just didn't bother to do the things required to get them, the Ignis wraith was just a catalyst for this thread to be made.

14 minutes ago, CodeUltimate said:

Warframe is the only game I have seen where the veterans get S#&$ted on by not only the developers but the community too

I agree, just as you are S#&$ting on vets. We cop a lot from everyone. DE wronged me long ago when they updated the parkour and ability system. I've gotten over it. (not really, I'm still kinda annoyed)

Edited by Goodwill