Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So, this is how hard work is payed off DE?

Satan

39 minutes ago, eXotic said:

We're worried about the future of the game, its continued decline in endgame content and how vets and people that worked hard for something get shoved to the side lines so DE can appease the masses.

Well thats quite a detour from being pissed about exclusive rewards.

Once again, making "exclusive" items available later on is a tried and tested tactic, (used by other F2P games), that gives new players the chance to acquire goodies, as well as "wallet warriors" who were around, but just not good enough. Provided all the vets don't storm off in a huff, this isn't going to impact the future of the game in the slightest. Actually...even if they do, it probably won't matter too much.

The "decline in endgame content" is quite funny too. There has never, to my knowledge, been any specified "endgame content". There has been high level content, such as Eidolon hunts, Raids, Sorties, Arbitrations etc. but nothing that qualifies as an outright endgame mode. Especially not now that many veterans have ridiculously OP gear that goes way beyond what the game was designed to offer, in terms of challenge.

Warframe was never designed to have an "endgame". Its a continually evolving and changing game, that goes wherever the devs decide to take it. It may get an endgame mode at some point, or the devs may introduce a different kind of difficulty scaling...who knows?

Now there's nothing wrong with being concerned about the future of the game. I think most of us are anxious to see it develop, expand and improve. But you went entirely the wrong way about expressing those concerns, starting with the ridiculous title and the utterly daft claim that DE are "spitting in the face of veterans".

No wonder your thread got removed from Feedback. Should have taken the time to read the guidelines.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, -CM-Kinnison said:

try reading

I can read. Your reasoning doesn't change anything. It's another way for people to acquire a weapon. Just because some clans are giving it out for free doesn't mean a person will happen to run across a member of the clan and get it for free. There's nothing wrong with providing alternative means of acquiring things.

Edited by (PS4)abbacephas
  • Like 2

Except you forget that people can just join any of the clans who did the event and take the BP  from them for free. Some clans do it intentionally even.

I don't  think anything of value is being lost or disrespected here. People could get the BP  from clans for free... Or they  can buy it from Baro now.
Its just convinience, nothing more.

1 hour ago, eXotic said:

it isn't whining to whine if someone worked their ass of just to end up being spat in the face.

My clan has it, we don't consider Baro bringing it a spit in the face though. Heck, not everyone in the clan ran it, which only made it harder for those who did. 

If anything, we'd always have it in our lab, and we don't have to wait for Baro to bring it back. 

If I had a say, y'all could grind your butts off and get Excal/Skana/Lato Prime, too. Someone else having the thing I have doesn't take the thing away from me. Exclusivity only creates a false sense of elitism and superiority, without any net gains.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, CodeUltimate said:

dude don't even waste your time with these white knights lol. Warframe is the only game I have seen where the veterans get S#&$ted on by not only the developers but the community too, even though I'm not a veteran I get enraged by the mentality of these people that undermine and don't respect the hard work and time spent by the veterans of the game. :'c

Lol
"hard work" is now the term for something that people willingly did (in a game btw) well knowing that things will change in the future? "disrespect" means to allow people to have the shiny stuff for a cost thats at least 10 times higher than the already existing way?

Know what?
I'm a veteran and I don't give a flying fck about event stuff coming back.

You wanna know whats really lame? I farmed the rakta syandana when they released the new rescue missions back in 2014. It took me a lot of time because I still had newbie gear back then. I also played to get all event weapons since gradivus (only missed one event bc of broken PC) and can say without doubt that the exclusive rights were long enough.
Did I get upset and run to the forums to whine about such a vicious cruelty? No!
Why? Because I'm no child anymore that cries when someone else gets the chance to play with the old toys I once used to enjoy. (and still do)

Whats up with this elitist mentality coming up again? We had the same discussions back when the first event goodies came back for people that joined in late.
You want DE to take away half your weapons and gear because people before you had the "hard work" to grind them in the past?

Its like watching some drug dealers complain about a new shop that sells the same for a higher price.
Btw; I can recommend the MH series if you want to complain about recurring event rewards. They might appreciate your white knighting for some "oppressed veterans" over there.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, --RV--Cannibal said:

*Disclaimer*: This is is not about item exclusivity as much as it is about vets getting spit in the face once more

The Ignis Wraith in on sale at the moment from Baro for the second time and quite frankly I find this insulting, the clans who got this weapon earned it by placing in the top 10% in a official DE event. I am not complaining for the sake of keeping it exclusive, I am complaining for that fact that it is more of a "#*!% you" to veterans that worked their absolute hardest in that event. Content that was created as a reward for those who put as much work in as possible is now being handed out like common trash. Whilst RV (Remnants of the Void) give out the weapon blueprint for free (and maybe others but I cannot speak for them), a lot of people still find it insulting and it begs the question, will the upcoming event do exactly the same? Will Baro end up selling the new weapons that the top clans will get as research? the newest weapon we got was the Prisma Grinlok (I think), instead of giving out weapons people fought hard to earn, take advantage of the Prisma and make better weapon variants. This has happened twice now where Baro also sold a skin that was also from one of the official events. It just seems like you're making a clan's achievement worthless.

Some people may think i'm "Crying" about this but that's no the point, it's making the clans who have the research useless and will inflate the price.

Me and Exotic have created a thread each about this, but they have been merged together by a moderator.

You know what I think about that. It really is not that big of a deal. 

You've seen where the game has been going for a lot longer than me. Why are you getting offended? 

I am not on console but as far as I heard of you cannot interact (trade) with other people (Dojo/Maroo) if you don't have a paid subscription (XBox Live or what they're called).

So it is impossible for these kind of players to get their hands on this weapon

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, -CM-Kinnison said:

Seems Baro is a little scammy to be offering the built for Ducats and credits

Ducats have about as much value as driveway gravel. Credits is arguable for a newer player, but they aren't exactly hard to come by either. 

I don't really see a problem. Grab it from Baro or beg from others? I'd rather avoid the hassle and it's there right now. 

Lastly, the weapon is getting way too common for its power and is rapidly becoming the Tonkor of this year. Granted, if I were using a controller to play I'd probably lean towards it as well, but it's rapidly trivializing large swaths of the game. 

Regardless, you have options. Use what you will. 

• Like 1

So, if i heard correctly...

OP says that the fact that Baro brought the Ignis Wraith is a kick to players that did the Pacifism Defect event to get the research of that weapon... But if i'm not mistaken, the Ignis Wraith blueprint can be handed to players as well, usually for 0-5 plats.

Am i running into a paradox? Like, really. Isn't questionable complaining that Baro is giving away the Ignis Wraith, while people that has the weapon BP does the same thing by trading it?

I pushed my ex-clan hard to get within the top 10% just so that we could get the ignis wraith BP (this was actually easier than the "lower" reward of a free IW for everyone in the clan). I poopsocked several multi-hour missions, each with different clan members, just so that we could get the score required. We only just edged in.

I am completely, 100%, OK with the Ignis Wraith coming back into the game in a way that absolutely everyone can get. The only people who'd actually get harmed by this are those who sold BPs. They deserve to get crapped on.

3 hours ago, --RV--Cannibal said:

*Disclaimer*: This is is not about item exclusivity as much as it is about vets getting spit in the face once more

The Ignis Wraith in on sale at the moment from Baro for the second time and quite frankly I find this insulting, the clans who got this weapon earned it by placing in the top 10% in a official DE event. I am not complaining for the sake of keeping it exclusive, I am complaining for that fact that it is more of a "#*!% you" to veterans that worked their absolute hardest in that event. Content that was created as a reward for those who put as much work in as possible is now being handed out like common trash. Whilst RV (Remnants of the Void) give out the weapon blueprint for free (and maybe others but I cannot speak for them), a lot of people still find it insulting and it begs the question, will the upcoming event do exactly the same? Will Baro end up selling the new weapons that the top clans will get as research? the newest weapon we got was the Prisma Grinlok (I think), instead of giving out weapons people fought hard to earn, take advantage of the Prisma and make better weapon variants. This has happened twice now where Baro also sold a skin that was also from one of the official events. It just seems like you're making a clan's achievement worthless.

Some people may think i'm "Crying" about this but that's no the point, it's making the clans who have the research useless and will inflate the price.

Me and Exotic have created a thread each about this, but they have been merged together by a moderator.

aww wait wait (shouts MOM BRING THE CAMARA THIS 30 YEAR OLD 13 YEAR IS MAD BEACUSE OF HES PIXELS TOYS )

fk it go all the way and bring excalibur prime DE do it becides out of the people the have him only a .9% use him so mind as well 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jeternity said:

fk it go all the way and bring excalibur prime DE do it becides out of the people the have him only a .9% use him so mind as well

Request granted. We'll be sending you a picture of Excalibur Prime your way.

Edited by Renegade343

I must give out like 10-20 of these a day in trades for free, who cares if baro is selling it? I gave out 100 of these to some storm clan with a nearly full roster who didn't make the leaderboard just last week.

Edited by TheGuyver
  • Like 1

This is one of the most ridiculous topics I've ever read on a forum, anywhere...

Everyone and their mother has an Ignis Wraith already, they're literally given away free or at most 1 plat...whether by the OP's clan or whoever else.  So now Baro is selling them for Ducats, which actually take some farming, and it's the weapon itself, not a BP...and they're whining about this?  

All this thread accomplished was making the people complaining look like the most entitled, annoying, whiny bunch of snowflakes ever to grace a forum.  It's pixels people, pixels.  You've wasted more time and energy whining over this than it's worth.

But way to make your clan look bad, at least you did accomplish that.  Now you no longer have to worry about your elite status, because you just lost all respect within the community by creating this thread.  

Seriously, calm down and enjoy the game, or don't.  You're getting upset over nothing.  Anger over things in games kinda defeats the purpose of gaming, which is to say, recreation.  If you're that upset, support and play another game.  

• Like 6

devil laughing GIF by GIPHY Studios Originals

This is the second time it has come through baro. It's been well established that precious event weapons pop up through baro.

Also what is the difference between baro and the clans that give hundreds of the blueprints away for free or dirt cheap? 

My clan has the bp from the event and can you guess our reaction to this?

Was it

A) omg the wraith is in baro inventory we're so offended *cry**cry*

B) oh baro has the ignis wraith, werid. People could get the bp for free from most people but oh well good you if don't want to wait for it build.

If you guessed B congrats.

Event weapons come back, DE doesn't locked away mastery aside for the founders pack get use to it. It makes your clan a look like a bunch of elistist a-holes

• Like 2

4 hours ago, --RV--Cannibal said:

So, how do you feel about players like me, who gives out the Ignis BP for free?   Am I devaluing your effort?

And I don't just give out 1 BP, I make use of the entire trade.  Anyone who asks gets 6 BP's, for the low cost of whatever they want to put in on their side.

On a serious note though, this is well known behavior; bringing event weapons back in a manner that makes them accessible to the rest of the player base who didn't get it the first time it came out.  This is also not the first time the Ignis Wraith has been in Baro's inventory.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

So, how do you feel about players like me, who gives out the Ignis BP for free?   Am I devaluing your effort?

And I don't just give out 1 BP, I make use of the entire trade.  Anyone who asks gets 6 BP's, for the low cost of whatever they want to put in on their side.

On a serious note though, this is well known behavior; bringing event weapons back in a manner that makes them accessible to the rest of the player base who didn't get it the first time it came out.  This is also not the first time the Ignis Wraith has been in Baro's inventory.  

You doing this, is good for the warframe community overall.  You're helping players get something they really want without trying to charge them for it.  I support it.  Keeps the positivity flowing

Edited by CeejAttack
  • Like 1