Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Ropalolyst boss mechanics. Good or bad?

More-L

12 minutes ago, Knight_Ex said:

Honestly it was pretty boring, I was hoping for a challenging fight or mechanics like the Eidolons, this seems like it was made so a low level player could easily solo it, In otherwords not the content we have been waiting for

This discussion was mainly to be about the mechanics in the fight, not difficulty. Not saying that isn't an important topic though. 

The mechanics actually involve player interaction and the ability to bypass some with knowledge/skill which is what makes it fun imo. The level 50 conculyst/battalyst in the final phase are not something I think a 'low level player' could take on easily in solo. Unless your definition of low level is 80.

Eidolons don't really have any mechanics to them. Its just shoot things.

Edited by More-L
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, More-L said:

This discussion was mainly to be about the mechanics in the fight, not difficulty. Not saying that isn't an important topic though. 

The mechanics actually involve player interaction and the ability to bypass some with knowledge/skill which is what makes it fun imo. The level 50 conculyst/battalyst in the final phase are not something I think a 'low level player' could take on easily in solo. Unless your definition of low level is 80.

Eidolons don't really have any mechanics to them. Its just shoot things.

No mechanics? The Eidlons have several mechanics to them, ranging from removing shields, to volt shield placement, to firing your amp at a certain location, to having the right arcanes equipped to maximize damage, not to mention location placement during fights, what tells to watch out for, keeping lures alive, have you done an eidolon fight? its more than just shoot things.  But this fight, was pretty much shoot things,  It took me all but 30 secs to grasp how to damage the thing,  the slamming it into the conduit was neat, but gets old fast, especially when players want to troll and Joy ride the thing around the battlefield 😕

8 minutes ago, Corvid said:

It doesn't telegraph its teleport anyway. Are you sure you're stunning it? 

Yeah. Actually, it's not so much a teleport, but just kind of phases through the platform after stunning and activating the console, now that I think about it.

Just now, Knight_Ex said:

the slamming it into the conduit was neat, but gets old fast, especially when players want to troll and Joy ride the thing around the battlefield 😕

Then again, half the time we do that is an attempt to fix it bugging out.

I like the Ropalolyst fight, the idea is sound but the implementation needs work. It's much too glitchy and may of the concepts are very poorly presented. making a frustrating discovery phase (for those who don't just end up reading the wiki)

I still don't understand when and why I can't use operator abilities, there are no useful indicators.

The last no-health->full health->teleport form the terra beam. seems much more random than it should be and there seems very little consistency or communication or what's happening.

Oh and the Ropalolyst  isn't an Eidolon, it would be awesome if the people writing the update notes noticed that.

Edited by SilentMobius

6 minutes ago, Knight_Ex said:

No mechanics? The Eidlons have several mechanics to them, ranging from removing shields, to volt shield placement, to firing your amp at a certain location, to having the right arcanes equipped to maximize damage, not to mention location placement during fights, what tells to watch out for, keeping lures alive, have you done an eidolon fight? its more than just shoot things.  But this fight, was pretty much shoot things,  It took me all but 30 secs to grasp how to damage the thing,  the slamming it into the conduit was neat, but gets old fast, especially when players want to troll and Joy ride the thing around the battlefield 😕

Those aren't mechanics of the fight and I somehow knew you would bring those points up. Using a specific frames ability for a boss fight to make it go faster have nothing to do with the boss's mechanics. The only Eidolon mechanic is keeping lures alive, you don't need volt shield, chroma buff, void strike, arcanes or anything aside from a healer to do a tricap.

EDIT: Thought I should add, making a task efficient is not a mechanic of the task. It is simply finding a way to do the task more efficiently, and you can defeat an eidolon by simply pressing 5 and shooting it.

Edited by More-L
  • Like 4

I like it, it requires using the Operator, having some mobility and even thou it has invincible phases they are not too long.

The kill lasers are nice, thou I can still survive them on my Inaros long enough to jump to operator mode and Magus Repair to full while it "fires me" so they're not much of an issue 😊

The one thing I dislike is not related to the fight but the rewards, usually if a WF BP is sold in the market it is not also in the reward table, increases the number of runs needed to get Wisp needlessly IMO.

13 minutes ago, More-L said:

Those aren't mechanics of the fight and I somehow knew you would bring those points up. Using a specific frames ability for a boss fight to make it go faster have nothing to do with the boss's mechanics. The only Eidolon mechanic is keeping lures alive, you don't need volt shield, chroma buff, void strike, arcanes or anything aside from a healer to do a tricap.

EDIT: Thought I should add, making a task efficient is not a mechanic of the task. It is simply finding a way to do the task more efficiently, and you can defeat an eidolon by simply pressing 5 and shooting it.

Mechanics are certain elements in a situation that require a person to do a set command or objective before they can continue onward, speaking from a gaming sense, so if you want to split hairs about it, killing voms and filling lures, is a mechanic, healing lures, thats a mechanic, putting your key in the altar its a mechanic. Bringing down the shields with an amp, THATS a mechanic to the fight,  beating the eidolon before a set time duration, THATS another mechanic to the fight, Im talking capturing Eidolons cause no one just kills them anymore.

il y a 54 minutes, Firetempest a dit :

Mostly a mobility fight.

I'm main Frost so of  cours i've use Frost for Ropalyst , and trust me you don't even need to be mobile.

-boss spawn
-rush on a rope , stay behind the flashy thing
-after boss charge it , jump on the boss and drive in the charged thing
-after that shoot few arca plasmor bullet in his back and press the button
-repeat

I currently craft Wisp.

1 minute ago, Knight_Ex said:

Mechanics are certain elements in a situation that require a person to do a set command or objective before they can continue onward, speaking from a gaming sense, so if you want to split hairs about it, killing voms and filling lures, is a mechanic, healing lures, thats a mechanic, putting your key in the altar its a mechanic. Bringing down the shields with an amp, THATS a mechanic to the fight,  beating the eidolon before a set time duration, THATS another mechanic to the fight, Im talking capturing Eidolons cause no one just kills them anymore.

See the problem here is I was talking about the mechanics of the fight not the mechanics of getting setup and maximizing speed. It is literally impossible for you to complete the Ropalolyst without making it charge the pillars, jumping on it, ramming it into the energy pillar and calling down a blast on it. With Eidolons, all you need to do is shoot things and stuff happens, and hack something I guess.

Need lures? Shoot and hack them. Need to charge them? Shoot thing. Need to take out shield? Bang with amp. Need to take out synova? Aim a bit and yep, you guessed it, shoot. The only mechanic you need to apply that isn't shoot the thing is use void mode to avoid the mag scream (though you can also run away.)

Eidolons have a lot of things you can do to make the fight complete faster, and that is a good thing which I do enjoy, but most of them are not required because they just make you deal more damage to shoot the things.

• Like 5

The new boss is good, better than both Exploiter and Eidolons if you ask me. It's obviously unfair to comment on difficulty as a MR27 player coz it's designed for moderately experienced player.

It's a good idea to combine invincible stage, environment interaction and cutscenes.

My method:

- Operator Mind Step past all the jumping area's of the mission

- During fight, drop shield in 2 shots

- when boss is across wires operator dash to other side

- crouch in operator to avoid mega laser and have them charge the conduit

- after smashing boss into conduit start normal attack on weakpoints after magus lockdowning the adds

- after breaking one weakpoint hit the laser switch

- rinse and repeat

solo the fight takes like 3 min provided no glitches happen.

1 hour ago, Renegade343 said:

I suppose once some of the major bugs get out of the way (Ropalolyst mostly glitching out and refusing to fire its death beam at the reactor, for instance), it's a good boss.

Another problem I have is that activating the console suddenly teleports Ropalolyst to below the platform, then suddenly teleporting back onto the platform after a brief moment. Also the sudden grabbing thing, which I still have no idea how to free anyone early from it. Doesn't help that the damage is inconsistent.

The Ropalolyst teleporting is a mechanic

3 minutes ago, Ephemiel said:

The Ropalolyst teleporting is a mechanic 

Not when you activate the charger no matter what. What happens is this:

1. Someone activates the charger.

2. Ropalolyst does a weird, almost glitchy short dance before very quickly phasing through the main platform and appearing significantly below it.

3. Ropalolyst suddenly reappears on the main platform, and with no indication, sometimes leading to instant death.

That's the teleport I think is unintended.

I have two things that concern me. The first is that it can somehow nullify not just returning to your Warframe, but also your void dash for... some reason. Despite literally no other nullifying ability being able to prevent you from void dashing.

The other is that enemies spawn right next to you in the cutscene transitions. Instant damage, nigh unavoidable.

6 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

One thing that struck me. Is there any reason at all to do this fight in a group?

None, its actually faster to solo if you know what your doing, not to mention you can force everyone to the fight by mashing the confirm key on the elevator button, sometimes needs 2 people there but pulls everyone into the boss fight platform.

1 hour ago, TheGuyver said:

It was pretty good for a star chart boss, it could use some polish though. I wonder if the other version of it a meat mattress for a head will ever come out or if that's just more lost concept art.

nef seems to be buying meat mattresses from cetus, so we might see that birdolon on the vallis, as some kind of import. Or maybe the vallis is hiding a sentient graveyard. There's a really nasty quote in Fortuna that you can come by:

"So, the Corpus get here, right? Place is a firestorm. They turn the old Orokin terraforming back on and presto. Within a week we got plants and animals ain't nobody ever seen. I'm tellin' ya, either the tech is hiding something, or the planet is."

And that planetary defence system in the railjack trailer? If I know how you write a good twist, it's there to protect from potential escaping eidolons, not from extra-Venusian threats.

1 hour ago, Drivrius said:

The one thing I dislike is not related to the fight but the rewards, usually if a WF BP is sold in the market it is not also in the reward table, increases the number of runs needed to get Wisp needlessly IMO.

Last I heard, the blueprint's been removed from the marketplace.

• Like 1

Ability use prevented

Ability use prevented

Ability use prevented

Ability use prevented

Ability use prevented

Ability use prevented

Ability use prevented

Ability use prevented

Ability use prevented

Ability use prevented

Ability use prevented

Ability use prevented

Ability use prevented

Ability use prevented

Ability use prevented

Ability use prevented

Ability use prevented

Ability use prevented

Ability use prevented

Ability use prevented

Ability use prevented

Ability use prevented

Ability use prevented

Ability use prevented

Screw this fight

For a starchart boss, it's not too bad. I'm not a fan of QTE nor mid-battle cutscenes. I absolutely hate random prevention of operator abilities - getting thrown out of mid-dash into the clouds without warning is not fun. Having said that, this fight is something different than what we have in other nodes. Once the bugs and little issues get ironed out, it should be a good addition to the game.