Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Ropalolyst boss mechanics. Good or bad?

More-L

I have honestly never seen such a buggy encounter. Sometimes my Warframe just won't move and I can't even chat (unless I go operator, at which point my Operator refuses to dash), then sometimes my screen starts fading to black over and over as if I'm falling. Not to mention the Ropalolyst randomly refusing to charge the last pylon.

It's seriously like tossing a coin when I start a run and if it lands heads something bugs out.

Also the huge head covering half the screen is insane. Why isn't that gone after the first time the player sees it? And the lasers instakilling people immediately after the pylon destruction cutscenes. Where was QA for this patch? Good god, DE.

Edited by Pars_lol

This boss fight is simply broken in too many ways. People in squad commonly complain they can't move...they can't even use chat for long periods of time during the event.

Still trying to figure out if the inability to move as a warframe or operator is a mechanic (lame one if it is) or just a bad bug. Standing around watching your squad die is fun game play.

Last run I was stuck for the end of the fight...no chat...no movement...nothing. Even when the event was over and suppose to move to extract...still nothing. No chat...no movement....nada.

Lame. Having to do this lame, broken boss fight so many times to try to get the parts you need if simply a waste of time. It almost feels like DE made it so broken so people would spend plat to get Wisp.

The boss 'bugging out' seems typical script mechanics catching up with the squad but this no movement/no chat thing makes the boss fight broken.

I am sure DE will fix the fight but right now it is simply broken.

The fight is nicely designed, no question but IMO it feels unsatisfying (like the Exploiter). There's no feel of accomplishment even after the first kill. It's like move here, jump there, click this, done. 

Bossfights in general give you the feeling of enhancement after getting used to it. You try to push the fight to the game mechanics limits and min-max your gear and actions. In WF for example it's Eidolons. First you try Terry then a tridolon. After some time you start fine-tuning and do 3x2, 3x3 up to maybe 3x6. Plus you have a reason to do them: Arcanes. 

IMO Exploiter and Ropalolyst are events. After farming your frame you'll never visit them again. 

Is just me or does no one else want to have the option to struggle out of the Ropalolyst's grab attack? I mean the first few times it was cool and all, but when I got grabbed, grabbed a second time immediately after getting free, died from it, and grabbed a third time the instant I revived (with revive invincibility still on), that's a huge chunk of the fight where I couldn't do anything.

To be blunt, it was boring.

And yeah I tried escaping with operator but even while hiding in void mode it grabbed me plenty of times. It wouldn't even have to be a fancy new HUD addition like those you see in games that implement QTEs. Just a simple message saying 'hey man you can spam WASD to be able to play the game again' would be fine.

I'd also go into detail in giving it a worthwhile drop table that incentives repeated play, but I'm sure there's another topic for that.

Overall I liked the fight a lot. Really fun, really fair, the whole cast of warframes are viable with no huge difference in clear time which I personally appreciate (e.g. tridolon captures: trinity, choma, harrow, volt VS vauban, wukong, titania, saryn), and it's also not a 3D bullet-hell mess like Profit Taker. And those cinematic parts are great; cool animations, not overly long, just perfect.

(please let Ropalolyst be included in the sortie boss pool)

Edited by Foroeight

10 minutes ago, Foroeight said:

Is just me or does no one else want to have the option to struggle out of the Ropalolyst's grab attack? I mean the first few times it was cool and all, but when I got grabbed, grabbed a second time immediately after getting free, died from it, and grabbed a third time the instant I revived (with revive invincibility still on), that's a huge chunk of the fight where I couldn't do anything.

Alternate idea: If we have a sidearm and get grabbed, allow us to fire on the Synovia. Deal enough damage and it'll let you go.

I was a little hesitant to make this boss but if you put aside the bugs( the screen became all black during half a fight, being stuck in a infinite fall boucle etc.) it's not much a deal for a well equipped player, even solo, and the combat it's not very annoying.

And before saying it's too easy we must see that is a boss on Jupiter so the new players will come to him relatively early in starchart progress.

Of course it's not perfect.

Natah is very annoying after 3 or 4 runs and the huge gapes and the electric arcs on cables is blatant attempt to push us to use the new amalgam sets. On the other side the Wisp drops are very reasonnable so DE probably hear some complains after the Hyldrin release.

2 minutes ago, SgtHotPepper said:

And before saying it's too easy we must see that is a boss on Jupiter so the new players will come to him relatively early in starchart progress.

It's not unlocked tell you complete all current quests. So, not so much.

Not great is my opinion. Unskippable cutscene, an unflagged set of steps that you have to go through to hurt it. JUMPING ON THE BACK OF THE BLOODY THING?!? Where does that come from? It's a big dangerous thing, I have a gun I have an amp, let me shoot it. Insta-death lasers are annoying too.

I expect I could work out its patterns and beat it but it isn't fun for me so I won't.

the boss fight is absolute garbage, u have to pick specific frames to do it, limbos passive is completly negated, lokis invis too, all of the squishy frames dont stand a chance, the grab insta kill is the most annoying thing about this bossfight, genuenly the entire boss fight is poorly made, with none of my squadmates knowing wtf was going or what was up with the light show that the enemy had, not to mention how the enemy just becomes a bullet sponge at times, its boring, and theres a bug in wich u cannot get on the lines

I fought the new boss back to back until I got all of Wisp's parts (No interest in the mods).

I loved it. This and the Exploiter Orb are the direction I think DE should keep on with regards to boss fights. You are not meant to cheese them, but rather use thematically appropriate mechanics.

I'm very satisfied with it.

• Like 1

Love that it's a multi-step boss fight! Love the new mechanic of flying it into the bug zappers! Really, really love that this is the second boss fight added since I started playing (almost 2 years ago) that lets me play with my main, and not some terribly constrictive meta build.

I like it. Very classic style to mechanics where it's not just about shooting down health. I did expect it to be harder though, and be a lot tougher in solo, but on the other hand it's just an Assassination mission, and shouldn't be considered the same level as tridolons and profit taker imo. I also excepted there would finally be some use for anti-sentient gear like the Paracesis, but not really except possibly the last sequence when a bunch of sentients spawn around you. I don't know, it's hard to say how challenging it is when you go in with top-level gear 😄 Probably a decent challenge for mid-level players though. 

Some issues as usual, but nothing beaking, and I managed to figure things out in solo within 20 mins or so. It was really just the panel I missed, which at first glance didn't seem to be interactable, and I don't quite understand the interferrence with transference and abilities which was the only thing I found anoying as I thought it was lag first, lol. I'll try next time and see if it can be cured with magnetize resistance for the warframe like with eidolons. But as for the operator I thought void powers were supposed to be dominant against sentients? At least the Amp works as usual, while it might be Corpus nullifying tech that is interfering with transference, or the big arse generators we faceplant the flydolon into. 

It's all definitely a cool taste of what is to come in New War. It is overall great quality stuff!

Edited by SirTobe

I know it shows up on one of the tiles in the gas city and blows up some platforms. Would be fun if it attacked you too while on Jupiter. 

On topic... the boss fight seems a bit sloppy and the flying seems choppy and wonky. Not bad or great in my opinion but I appreciate how you get Wisp from the boss and not some of the other methods we've been having recently.

And get rid of the screen shake while running to the boss!

Edited by Lanieu

Just awful. All what i got - is frustration. After 5 fights, i still have no idea what to do and how, typical DE just threw another boss at us with no tutorials whatsoever. And even after you finally will find out what to do, you will spend rest of your boss runs with atleast 2 people per group, who have no clue what to do.

Each time, the same story repeats itself, why we have to google each big boss-fight mechanic, what about you start puting some hints direct in to a mission already for a change.

Figuring it out was fun until Alad V's incessant banter spoils us with hints.

I pictured the Ropalolyst as a majestic flying, circling, swooping monstrosity and not with the slow hovering lazy animation it does when airborne that gets snagged in almost anything it bumps into. 

It is a decent boss, but after so many runs, it is just too easy to be on par with both Profiteer Orb or the Tridolons. You occasionally will die but there is no real fear of failure because a lone player can carry a whole team. A sortie Lephantis can be scarier. The loot also needs something more to be desired with. 

Not sure what's with all the player made gating around this fight in recruit chat  . You would actually do it faster solo as there is no point of the extra damage, defense, and stuff. You are just  wasting seconds trying to extract with a group in this fight 🙂

Heck you just bring a reputable shotgun with radiation damage mods and you don't even need to worry about needing a lvl 30 frame  lol .

Overall I liked it, but I thought the Orbs and Eidolons were way better. This one feels a bit too easy, and it simply didn't feel polished enough. Got all Wisp parts in 6 runs, so I wont be doing it ever again.

Edited by Ikyr0

Sure the grabbing trick dont improve at all the fight.

If you have a correct warframe well moded, you dont give a sh*t and it's just waste of time.

If you bring a weak one... well... even the sentients around will trash you.

DE will probably make more obvious when we are in the grab range or add a mecanic to free ourself.

Le 24/05/2019 à 19:08, bublek4 a dit :

Just awful. All what i got - is frustration. After 5 fights, i still have no idea what to do and how, typical DE just threw another boss at us with no tutorials whatsoever. And even after you finally will find out what to do, you will spend rest of your boss runs with atleast 2 people per group, who have no clue what to do.

Each time, the same story repeats itself, why we have to google each big boss-fight mechanic, what about you start puting some hints direct in to a mission already for a change.

Yeah, Warframe is a Wikigame. No big news.

And at least AladV give us some hints.

Not like the fight against the Lech Kril where you have absolutely no clue that you must shoot the rear connections of his backpack (and do a lot of 0 dmg hits) to disable them and then damage the boss.

When Lech Kril is not bugged and you run dry on ammo without even scratch him...