Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So... why exactly are we fighting the Sentients?

WindBlade

Well, the sentients were supposed to wipe out the tenno through Natah back then (only she didn't). As far as i can tell, the tenno and their warframes were part of (or allied with) orokin military forces and as such made the tenno just as big an enemy as the orokin. So it makes sense for the tenno to fight the sentients since they were pretty much manipulated by them and it makes sense for the sentients to fight back against the tenno since they were used by the orokin to fight them.

5 minutes ago, OH_GOD_NOTTHISGUY said:

Well. 

Now space mama is sending bois from her hood 

To wipe us out 

Soo 

I guess that's why

From what I gather (PS4 here, so haven't played the new content myself yet), the Sentient Natah was being used like a warframe body by a cephalon-like program of Margulis that took on the persona of the "Lotus" (Margulis' favorite flower) to protect/manipulate the Tenno on Lua.

The reason for this program being forced upon Natah's body isn't really clear yet (I haven't heard all the dialog yet, personally, to confirm this for myself).

So, it's Natah sending Sentients, not the Lotus. (as if an Umbra Excalibur/Stalker type warframe (its own lore-bag-of-worms not-getting-into-here) could act on his own to send Acolytes after us, or something, apart from a Tenno operator.)

As to why we fight the Sentients... yeah, we were used by the Orokin as weapons of mass destruction to wipe them out, and our void powers and mastery of the old weapons (that they can't hijack like advanced orokin bio-tech) are their only real weakness. So they kinda don't like us existing, especially since we're, even now, defending the remnants of humanity (Orokin peasants like the Ostrons, not the heirarchy - body snatching, nigh-immortal, Orokin Executors).

5 hours ago, WindBlade said:

So... why exactly are we fighting the Sentients?

No two species can occupy the same niche and survive, one will always, inevitably outcompete the other and drive it into extinction. 

Competitive Exclusion Principle 

It’s the same old reason, the same as it's always been:

The Sentients know that we are a threat to their existence. We know that they are a threat to us. We will not allow them to eliminate us. They will not allow us to eliminate them. 

So we must fight until one eliminates the other. 

To put an historical spin on it:

"Carthago delenda est."

Cato the Elder, 2nd Century B.C.

Honestly, i think we as tenno fight anyone who messes with the foodchain. You wouldnt want another faction to take our spot as top dogs, right? If you guys havent seen the foodchain in the WF universe, looks something like this:

a9FS94Q.jpg?fb

Because Space-Dad told us they are bad guys...

To be honest, when

Spoiler

Hunhow was talking to Stalker in that one cutscene about how he was lied to etc. etc.

, I totally thought "You know, he kinda has a point."  I wasn't totally against him in that moment.  

Edited by Alaeacus
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Rider_Megalon said:

well maybe its me but anyone notices that Natah kinda talking crazy like she talking at us not to us. and how her sentence structure is off  to say the least. maybe i'm think to much of into it but Natah seem to be functionally insane

'

Less insane more mindwashy I'd say, she was sounding off like some sort of propaganda speech. My guess is she's probably being reintegrated into whatever hivemind the sentients have and that was her more or less regurgitating whatever message they've been telling themselves as to why this war has to happen. What we are witnessing may very well be the Lotus being slowly stripped of her individuality. 

• Like 1

Most of them are just roaming around the Plains at night aimlessly....hunted by the evil Tennos for arcane drops and sentient cores.

But since the last update Spacemum obviously rejoined the Sentients and became the Sentient queen, the following chapters and events will probably about Natah leading Sentients against Tenno... a new war is coming.

I really don't understand the story tbh lol. Did Natah lost her memories and became Lotus? The whole story seems so awkward to me.

Edited by Izumi_S

vor 19 Stunden schrieb (PS4)ATreidezz:

Bcos they drop rare mods, cores and even some of them drop arcanes... 

DE loves to make meta-jokes about the gameplay, but I wonder if they're planning to integrate that more seriously in the story. Alad V blantantly makes fun of how predictable the Tenno are. They were created to fight & loot, so that's what they do. Maybe peace with the Tenno is not an option, and the Sentients know it?

20 hours ago, derLoko2 said:

DE loves to make meta-jokes about the gameplay, but I wonder if they're planning to integrate that more seriously in the story. Alad V blantantly makes fun of how predictable the Tenno are. They were created to fight & loot, so that's what they do. Maybe peace with the Tenno is not an option, and the Sentients know it?

Let it be known, If the sentients want peace, they will lay down their arms,  and wait for the baptism of my janus key...

Wait...that was wrong. 

On 2019-05-23 at 10:05 PM, Cubewano said:

Less insane more mindwashy I'd say, she was sounding off like some sort of propaganda speech. My guess is she's probably being reintegrated into whatever hivemind the sentients have and that was her more or less regurgitating whatever message they've been telling themselves as to why this war has to happen. What we are witnessing may very well be the Lotus being slowly stripped of her individuality. 

I'm still mad after the Lotus got taken the tenno didn't go police lockdown and start ripping through the system to find her, no hands barred, like some tyrannical military. We keep getting lore throwbacks to them being oh so volatile in the past, and their traumatic history, show it to us front and center already, have them set fire to the system because they're hurting and want their only comfort back, their mother Lotus. for real i'm forever miffed de introduced us to operators with some ghoulish demon looking concept art and all we get are these somewhat dim children with a hero complex 

"Why are we fighting the group of killer robots that upon re-awakening with their ancient enemy dead immediately go about trying to slaughter everyone again?"

I dunno, why ARE we fighting the completely unsympathetic villains?

"But the Orokin were bad too!"

And we killed them for it at the behest of Space Mom. Maybe if Hunhow woke up and wasn't "oh cool, the Orokin are dead...time to kill everyone else now!" I would have more of an issue with us finishing them off.

"But we genocided them!"

And they're gonna genocide/merge everyone if we don't finish the job.

Sentients are alive. 

Natah felt pity for us, after seeing what a wretch we had become. Mentally unstable and emotionally traumatized children turned murdercrazed psycho-suit spirit warriors, who murdered their own void-raged rabid parents just to survive the hellish nightmare of the void for what seemed like an eternity. 

Sentients wanted revenge for creating them as slaves forcing them into infertility and expecting them to, despite much work and evolution over a heavy period of time, sit back and wait for the corrupt orokin elite to come waltzing in like a pharoah's inspection of the tomb in his brand new shiny pyramid. 

Natah saw that we, like them, were just manipulated puppets in their sick game of cat and mouse with death and despite being a general in her fathers war army, she turned on her own kind out of the desire to fulfill her motherly instincts. Its like when you adopt a stray thats been beaten abused starved then abandoned. If you work with them and treat them well theyll develop an unyielding bond and love for you. Only in this case. Natah did just that, but turned us into killer k9s that want to destroy any other pet owner and this time the owners desided to mob up and come finish off our species. 

Im a little bit confused about the current state of margotus and ballas relationship and how that will play out into the coming story arcs but.. nonetheless, the sentients want to finish their job. 

I dont think they want total extinction as hinhow used stalker and even tried to meld with him in a way. 

If we were subordinate and agreed to serve their needs, working on their behalf for the betterment of their race, at the very least making a pact to lay down our arms, i think that theyd be a bit willing to compromise. Especially if it meant finding any remaining trace of orokin hierarchy and destroying it. 

• Like 1

I don't see why we couldn't co-operate with Sentients (if DE were to run that path and add non-hostile Sentients) in the same manner that we co-operate with non-hostile Grineer (Steel Meridian, Kavor), non-hostile Corpus (Perrin Sequence, Myconians) and non-hostile Infested (Helminth).  I'd be happy to see that as the conclusion of Lotus/Natah's story arc, once she's sorted her head out and stopped trying to be what others want her to be.

As to current events (no pun intended)...

Spoiler

Frankly I don't get what DE were thinking when it came to the lore behind the Amalgams and the Ropalolyst fight.  Initially it seems that Alad is excited and proud about his new allies and business partner but then in possibly the fastest betrayal ever (from a guy who has possibly betrayed every faction in the game at some point) he starts giving us advice on how to defeat the Ropalolyst!  I mean, he usually stays on one side for at least the length of an event, betraying them next event or even one after but switching against the Sentients in the same event in which he reveals allegiance to them?  That's fast even for him!