Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

People allways use the same aura mods

black_cat12

so i've noticed that everybody uses Corrosive projection, Shield disruption, energy siphon and Dead eye, but almost nobody uses any of the other auras which are good but in comparison are lack luster so I was thinking a way to get people to use some of those less favorable auras and I came up with a reason to use them even though it would be technically a disadvantage as to CP, etc. so if you took the less favorable mods like rifle amp and rifle scavenger , etc.. and made the energy gain for them higher. so yes you don't get the benefit of 30% less armor or so but you get more capacity so you can have more mods that let you have a more complex build. You could take this the other way and nerf the energy on the mods everyone uses but that could lead to public uproar and nobody wants that so here are my concepts

Name                 Capacity Changes            Notes

Brief Respite 7>>>8               

Corrosive Projection    7===7                Used non stop

Dead Eye            7===7                Buffing could break eidolons

EMP Aura            7>>>8

Empowered Blades      7>>>8

Enemy Radar        7>>>8

Energy Siphon        7===7

Growing Power        7===7

Infested Impedance      7>>>9

Loot Detector        7>>>9

Mecha Empowered       7===7                Too new to get proper data

Physique            7>>>8

Pistol Amp            7>>>8

Pistol Scavenger        7>>>9            Nobody uses the scavenger mods

Power Donation        9===9                already rather op

Rejuvenation            7>>>8

Rifle Amp            7>>>8

Rifle Scavenger        7>>>9            Nobody uses the scavenger mods

Shield Disruption        7===7                corpus equivalent of CP

Shotgun Amp        7>>>8

Shotgun Scavenger       7>>>9            Nobody uses the scavenger mods   

Sniper Scavenger        7>>>9            Nobody uses the scavenger mods

Speed Holster        7>>>8

Sprint Boost            7>>>8

Stand United            7>>>8

Steel Charge            9===9

Toxin Resistance        7>>>8

• Like 1

Well, increasing some of them does seem like a good idea. I do not think this will actually result in more people using them. How many people use Steel Charge for its capacity, and how many use it for the melee buff? I certainly use it for the melee buff. The fact it has greater capacity has no impact on whether or not I use it.

11 minutes ago, black_cat12 said:

Nobody uses the scavenger mods

These mods are redundant really. If you just use a Carrier you can run Ammo Case which gives you ammo mutation for everything. Added capacity wont make people use them.

You need to do more to encourage people to use the useless auras really. You seem to have completely ignore the reasons people use these auras, and assumed it is solely for their capacity buffs. This is not the case. The popular auras are those that have uses, the useless ones have very little reason to use them. Adding an extra 1-2 capacity to them is unlikely to do anything. I would not use ammo scavenger auras if you doubled their base capacity.

The only mod thats "too good" would be Corrosive Projection, other than that there are actually quite a lot of varieties you can choose from, the Amp mods for weapons, Steel Charge, Power Donation for Speedva, Growing Power, Rush for Volt...etc.

I agree the Scavenger modes are useless, but there is just nothing much you can do about them. Increasing the capacity might actually be a good idea but you gotta increase it by a lot for people to use them since they're just useless..... then maybe some people will use them for Umbral builds.

Edited by Izumi_S

I'd rather they made them ALL 9/18 in value than trying to artificially nerf the use of CP, which is used for a reason (basically it counters the daft armour scaling). 

There are more reasons than just their capacity why we don't use certain aura's... shield disruption is in all honesty pretty useless when slash and toxin/gas bypasses shields, energy regen is far better with zenurik or even a damage to energy mod, physique/stand united add tiny amounts to most frames because it's based off base health/armour, even Inaros doesn't really benefit from them.

Before changing the capacities to 'encourage their use', how about DE actually makes the ones we ignore useful or work how we 'want' them to work... for example physique as a percentage of ALL our health, not just our base health.

EDIT: also having the polarities the same would have encouraged alternative use, the aura forma 'kind of' fixes this issue but it's too rare to cause any real change to our usage of aura's.

Edited by LSG501

tbh corrosive projection is overused in the community thanks to the number of guides that recommend its usage.  There's so many tools both in terms of weapons, frames and augment mods that allow you to brute force, strip or ignore enemy armor that it doesn't need to be solved with corrosive projection.  CP would kinda suck if they nerfed it too.  Some of the worse aura mods could use some buffs sure, or complete reworks, like EMP is pretty stupid. 

Scavenger mods just aren't good no matter what you do to their numbers, people will still only use them in the rare occasion they find a way to make a gun eat all its ammo faster than carrier and crafted ammo pads can fix.  Speed Holster is a goof.  Enemy Radar is already good for what it's good for, but it's a utility not a stat.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KochDerFrettchen said:

tbh corrosive projection is overused in the community thanks to the number of guides that recommend its usage.  There's so many tools both in terms of weapons, frames and augment mods that allow you to brute force, strip or ignore enemy armor that it doesn't need to be solved with corrosive projection.  CP would kinda suck if they nerfed it too.  Some of the worse aura mods could use some buffs sure, or complete reworks, like EMP is pretty stupid. 

Doesn't exist any frame ability or tool to completely remove armor of every grineers in the map  at high levels.

2 hours ago, KochDerFrettchen said:

Scavenger mods just aren't good no matter what you do to their numbers, people will still only use them in the rare occasion they find a way to make a gun eat all its ammo faster than carrier and crafted ammo pads can fix.  Speed Holster is a goof.  Enemy Radar is already good for what it's good for, but it's a utility not a stat.

^This. Used to be that CP was necessary for armored mobs over level 50. It just isn't any more, and can be counterproductive if all armor is removed. I find most of the auras useful and powerful enough personally. Would be nice to have some new ones and also to conform the capacity increase to Steel Charge.

I actually use the rifle amp when using amprex, my hildryn uses sprint since CP effectively reduces the viability of pillage, CP is like taking the buffet away from godzilla for that frame.

It is what it is man, some winners, a whole lotta losers for filler space. Honestly wondering what the point was of the Aura Forma, just seems useless to me, but oh well.

3 hours ago, ReshyShira said:

Honestly, the issue is that corrosive projection just gives you considerably more benefit than any other mods.  Rejuvenation is power creeped to hell, as are most other mods.

The solution is not to buff the extra capacity the mods give, but the mods themselves.

CP counters a fundamental flaw in the game, which is enemy armor scaling (TBH, health should be the only thing that scales, armor should not scale, or scale up to a much earlier hard cap). Before you say "but Infested and Corpus have no armor" ... Bursas and Oxium Ospreys are the most important things to kill, just saying. The infested ... they can get augmented armor on Sortie.

Nothing else really counters such a flaw.

If Energy Siphon allowed you to say, regenerate 3 energy/s, would you take it over CP? If Rejuvenation gave you 15hp/s, would you take it over CP? I really doubt it unless the frame has a spammable armor strip. 5x the values for these second tier auras may not make them attractive enough.

The only way to say, make people use more auras, is to really give everything else that is not CP a large and hard buff.

On 2019-05-23 at 11:13 PM, bibmobello said:

Doesn't exist any frame ability or tool to completely remove armor of every grineers in the map  at high levels.

Nor do you need to, unless the levels you're facing are in the plural hundreds the small grineer aren't that big of a deal and you only really need  extra oomph for the napalms and heavy gunners.

CP is the easiest way to strip all armor, assuming you happen to (or organize) four people to all use it, but it's far from necessary as many guides out there make it sound, and as many new and old players are convinced it is.

19 hours ago, Datam4ss said:

The solution is not to buff the extra capacity the mods give, but the mods themselves.

CP counters a fundamental flaw in the game, which is enemy armor scaling (TBH, health should be the only thing that scales, armor should not scale, or scale up to a much earlier hard cap). Before you say "but Infested and Corpus have no armor" ... Bursas and Oxium Ospreys are the most important things to kill, just saying. The infested ... they can get augmented armor on Sortie.

If Energy Siphon allowed you to say, regenerate 3 energy/s, would you take it over CP? If Rejuvenation gave you 15hp/s, would you take it over CP? I really doubt it unless the frame has a spammable armor strip. 5x the values for these second tier auras may not make them attractive enough.

The only way to say, make people use more auras, is to really give everything else that is not CP a large and hard buff.

Well, if it was 3/sec per use, and 15 hp/sec per use, a whole team running rejuvenation is healing 60hp sec, and a full team of energy siphon is 12 energy/sec.  That'd give some reason to run something other than Zenurik/Vazaurin.

People don't use most Auras because they're simply bad. Changing the capacity won't really help much.

The math behind the Auras is what's flawed.

• Weapon Auras are additive damage bonus which can never compare to CP and usually not even Growing Power
  • Infested Impedance has a pitiful radius.
  • Energy Siphon long out of date and dead same with Rejuv.
  • All Scavenger Auras are flawed design.
  • Stand United has a pitiful value and Armor doesn't do much.
  • Shield Disruption has been de-valued due to DE putting armor on Corpus units. CP is better.
  • Speed Holsters, Enemy Radar, Physique, Power Donation have decent but niche value.
  • Most the others are not even worth mentioning.

When it comes down to it you don't need CP but keeping that --- Polarity still gets you most of the useful Auras and keeps your options open.

21 hours ago, Datam4ss said:

The way to fix Corrosive Projection is to remove Corrosive Projection and other ways to passively bypass armor, correct.

2 hours ago, ReshyShira said:

Well, if it was 3/sec per use, and 15 hp/sec per use, a whole team running rejuvenation is healing 60hp sec, and a full team of energy siphon is 12 energy/sec.  That'd give some reason to run something other than Zenurik/Vazaurin.

You would just change to Unairu to strip armor + increase damage to make up for the loss in CP. Either way, the change is surface and mostly cosmetic in nature. Of course, I wouldn't mind if given an excuse to run anything that is not Zenurik for normal gameplay.

Given Wisp/Oberon can easily give a whole team health regen (and Trinity exists), even 60HP/s from 4 hypothetical Rejuvenation auras seem pretty dumb.

39 minutes ago, TheGrimCorsair said:

The way to fix Corrosive Projection is to remove Corrosive Projection and other ways to passively bypass armor, correct.

This is not a solution, actually. Using CP is a pretty annoying sacrifice to have to make, the only problem is that CP is the only aura that counteracts certain annoying mechanics and the other auras provide too little an effect to justify their use over CP.

CP is a band aid for S#&$ty armor scaling in the game. If things like Mag's 3 stripped BASE armor and not raw value/percentage, then maybe CP would have a much lower value for certain frames. But as it stands, it does not.

22 hours ago, Datam4ss said:

I agree that the solution for most auras is simply buffing them, and I agree that CP gets used mostly as a workaround to a fundamental game mechanic flaw.  Simply adjusting armor so that it doesn't scale in the nonsensical manner that it does would reduce corrosive projection usage significantly because it really isn't all that great when it's not circumventing the broken scaling mechanic(we used energy siphon way back before we got to enemy levels that scale this way, we just didn't need all that CP for general use).

However, the above example numbers offer something that would get used extensively.

Three energy a second(keep in mind that Zenurik is five per second and must be triggered) is thirty per ten seconds, and one hundred eighty per minute.  In a group of four like auras, that's one hundred twenty per ten seconds, and seven hundred twenty per minute!  This is a level high enough to compete with Zenurik, which would have the amazing game benefit of allowing us to consider other schools and use less consumables.

If rejuvenation gave fifteen HP per second, that'd be one hundred fifty health per ten, and nine hundred per minute.  Stacked, it'd be sixty per second, six hundred per ten, and three thousand, six hundred health per minute--with no energy expenditure or button pressed.  Frankly, this would be overpowered.  Nothing short of one/two shot kills would ever bring anyone down with this level of constant, passive regen.

Which brings up the stacking aura mechanic.  The magic of CP isn't in one person using it--the relatively small armor reduction from one CP is barely competitive with most other forms of armor strip.  The magic is in completely eliminating armor from the equation due to it stacking with itself additively, allowing non-armor bonused elemental types to shine while completely ignoring a broken mechanic.  The base numbers in the above examples would be good, the stacking numbers are too good.  The simple solution here is to remove or reduce the effectiveness of stacked auras--diminishing returns would probably be the way to go.

As a point of trivia related to aura capacity, Steel Charge used to give a pile of it by virtue of having more ranks.  This thing was deemed powerful enough that it gave birth to the first legendary cores when it was nerfed.

4 minutes ago, Thrymm said:

However, the above example numbers offer something that would get used extensively.

I actually disagree - Energy Siphon with 3 energy/S would see more use on frames which can hard CC, Scale Damage or strip armor, because CP is less necessary in their case. You would see it on things like Mag, yes, but for many frames, it is still worth less. Also, it would be worthless on Channeling Frames.

High Health regen is pretty pointless when you can get one shot in game. Sure, it saves you from procs and all, but as you can see, if Oberon's Phoenix Renewal can keep getting triggered, regen alone doesn't cut it. It would be pretty fancy on Garuda or Nidus, though.

IMO each aura needs to be stronger, and change the stacking effect so that you don't need 3 or 4 people with the same aura to make it worthwhile. There is also a bit of crossover with abilities and items which make some auras redundant - I have never even considered wearing energy siphon after I leveled up Zenurik to give energy to my whole group, and I have stopped using Trinity for energy support except in Onslaught, since I can drop multiple energy pizzas with any frame at any location (Trinity needs an enemy target to be able to leech, and allies need to be standing near the enemy).

Armour is a big problem:

The main reason for everyone using CP is to massively reduce armour, but if one person wearing CP could remove 75-80% of armour (or equivalent to 3 people wearing CP), then people can wear other auras without feeling like it will weaken the group. There is currently no real advantage to mixing auras because 3 or 4 people with CP will help with any content.

Armour is invisible in game (there are numbers in the codex but it barely explains what anything means). It isn't like shields where you can see how much armour an enemy has, but is subject to behind the scenes calculations about what kind of damage/elements hurt what kind of enemies. Just look at the overview table for all the different kinds of armour that exist in the game at the link below. A faction might also have contradictory damage resistance, like Flesh armour is weak to Toxin damage, but is resistant to gas damage even though you need toxic to make gas.

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Damage#All

There are also inconsistencies as to what enemies have a certain kind of armour e.g Hyekkas have ferrite armour in the codex, but there is no visual evidence that they are wearing armour in game, so why would someone assume they have an armour resistance? Similarly, the Corpus Tech wears a helmet like other Corpus units, but the Tech doesn't get an armour bonus on their helmet, while other units do. It doesn't make a lot of sense. There need to be less types of armour spread out across the factions, with at most two types within a faction (e.g corpus have flesh and robotic), maybe with an exception for boss and mini-boss enemies.

But anyway, that is why people wear CP, it means you can remove the damage resistance granted by enemy armour and it makes almost every enemy easier to kill no matter what weapons you have, and is useful on like 99% of content.

Auras should be buffed, there are too many redundant or almost useless auras:

I mentioned earlier that auras should be made stronger so that they don't need to be stacked to become useful. Again, the reason corrosive projection is so popular is because it effectively buffs all weapons and all damage types against enemies. You don't need more health or more energy regen to survive if you can just kill the enemy sooner by removing their armour.

Energy Siphon is useful in the early game for sure, but there are items and abilities that do that faster as you get further along - zenurik dash can give energy regen to the whole group and you will never need energy siphon again. More importantly - If a group has full energy or is casting a channeled ability it means that energy siphon isn't actually doing anything to help. It might be better if it converted a percentage of damage done into energy but converts that energy into bonus damage if you are full. It acts like an energy efficiency aura when using damage powers, and reduces the cost of channeled attacks. Combined with channeling efficiency mods the channeled attacks could essentially become free, and suddenly Energy Siphon becomes a key part of a high damage melee channeling build.

Enemy Radar is a weird one. It is most useful because of a side effect where enemies that appear on your radar start sprinting towards you if they are alerted. This makes it useful in survival missions (enemies are always alert) to kill enemies faster for life support. The actual mechanic of seeing enemies from further away isn't that useful in such a fast moving game because every enemy has the same minimap icon (there is no benefit to seeing the enemy sooner if you don't know what kind of enemy it is). The aura might make more sense if there were deeper stealth mechanics which required you to completely avoid enemies, like bonuses for no detection (outside of spy missions). It might be made better if it was more like an 'Enemy Attraction' aura which makes enemies more likely to focus on attacking the person wearing the aura.

Damage Amp mods for guns would be better if they were combined with ammo conversion mods. The only gun I've used an ammo conversion mod on is Kohm because it really eats bullets if you increase the fire rate. There is rarely a reason to use conversion mods on guns, and even less reason to use the auras when ammo pizzas exist.

Steel Charge is popular because it gives extra mod capacity compared to other auras. I can't believe that people would use it for the damage, because there are plenty of situations where you can't attack enemies with melee. It's also another example of why Corrosive Projection is better than damage auras - it effectively buffs ALL your weapons. Steel Charge might be better if it increased the combo counter rate (e.g your team get three or four points to the combo counter per melee attack) and increased combo duration for the group. It is something every build can benefit from because there are a lot of melee mods which are tied to the combo counter.

Infested Impedance: The game is about killing enemies fast, there aren't ever really situations where you are trying to get away from infested unless it's an Energy Leech Eximus or something. You are already faster and more agile than infested enemies. This would be a bit better if it were 'Enemy Impedance' and worked against all factions (maybe at a shorter distance from the player but a stronger slow, would help avoid getting mobbed by certain enemies and allow a person to kite).

Loot Detector is currently a useless aura. It might be better if it could highlight containers or lockers with 100% chance of rare items, like amber stars or rare mods, but even then it would go from 'useless' to 'rarely useful'.

-----------------------------

That's just a few examples of how some auras could be improved. It honestly comes down to the fact that Corrosive Projection is useful almost all the time and buffs all weapon damage, combined with the fact that there are other ways to get the same benefits as most auras without giving up CP (items, focus abilities, frame abilities, mods).

In regards to other auras, there are also issues about suitability. Like there is not much point wearing a shield reduction aura in a grineer or infested mission. I'm not saying those auras shouldn't exist, but maybe there could be notifications when choosing a mission like 'You are wearing a shield reducing aura but there are no shielded enemies at this location!'. Obviously it would be a general recommendation, because a shielded enemy could appear as part of a syndicate attack or fissure.

Edited by TheMostFrench

3 hours ago, Thrymm said:

Which brings up the stacking aura mechanic.  The magic of CP isn't in one person using it--the relatively small armor reduction from one CP is barely competitive with most other forms of armor strip.  The magic is in completely eliminating armor from the equation due to it stacking with itself additively, allowing non-armor bonused elemental types to shine while completely ignoring a broken mechanic.  The base numbers in the above examples would be good, the stacking numbers are too good.  The simple solution here is to remove or reduce the effectiveness of stacked auras--diminishing returns would probably be the way to go.

The advantage of Corrosive Projection is that you can predictably strip a set amount armor. See the advantage in armor stripping isn't in stripping it all, but stripping as close to 1 as possible without it being 0.  This is because armor conveys a second set of weaknesses and resistances, which can stack on top of the base health type's.  This is why radiation is so strong against the eidolons, as their armor is weak versus radiation, and their health is weak versus radiation.  If you strip it all, then they're only half as vulnerable to radiation.

41 minutes ago, TheMostFrench said:

IMO each aura needs to be stronger, and change the stacking effect so that you don't need 3 or 4 people with the same aura to make it worthwhile. There is also a bit of crossover with abilities and items which make some auras redundant - I have never even considered wearing energy siphon after I leveled up Zenurik to give energy to my whole group, and I have stopped using Trinity for energy support except in Onslaught, since I can drop multiple energy pizzas with any frame at any location (Trinity needs an enemy target to be able to leech, and allies need to be standing near the enemy).

Armour is a big problem:

The main reason for everyone using CP is to massively reduce armour, but if one person wearing CP could remove 75-80% of armour (or equivalent to 3 people wearing CP), then people can wear other auras without feeling like it will weaken the group. There is currently no real advantage to mixing auras because 3 or 4 people with CP will help with any content.

Armour is invisible in game (there are numbers in the codex but it barely explains what anything means). It isn't like shields where you can see how much armour an enemy has, but is subject to behind the scenes calculations about what kind of damage/elements hurt what kind of enemies. Just look at the overview table for all the different kinds of armour that exist in the game at the link below. A faction might also have contradictory damage resistance, like Flesh armour is weak to Toxin damage, but is resistant to gas damage even though you need toxic to make gas.

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Damage#All

There are also inconsistencies as to what enemies have a certain kind of armour e.g Hyekkas have ferrite armour in the codex, but there is no visual evidence that they are wearing armour in game, so why would someone assume they have an armour resistance? Similarly, the Corpus Tech wears a helmet like other Corpus units, but the Tech doesn't get an armour bonus on their helmet, while other units do. It doesn't make a lot of sense. There need to be less types of armour spread out across the factions, with at most two types within a faction (e.g corpus have flesh and robotic), maybe with an exception for boss and mini-boss enemies.

But anyway, that is why people wear CP, it means you can remove the damage resistance granted by enemy armour and it makes almost every enemy easier to kill no matter what weapons you have, and is useful on like 99% of content.

The easiest and most logical fix for armor is.... make it a static number that doesn't scale with level.  There, done.  The other things you mention are definitely accurate observations.

Energy Siphon is useful in the early game for sure, but there are items and abilities that do that faster as you get further along - zenurik dash can give energy regen to the whole group and you will never need energy siphon again. More importantly - If a group has full energy or is casting a channeled ability it means that energy siphon isn't actually doing anything to help. It might be better if it converted a percentage of damage done into energy but converts that energy into bonus damage if you are full. It acts like an energy efficiency aura when using damage powers, and reduces the cost of channeled attacks. Combined with channeling efficiency mods the channeled attacks could essentially become free, and suddenly Energy Siphon becomes a key part of a high damage melee channeling build.

I remember a time when Energy Siphon worked with channeled abilities, and that's why I think it's recovery rate was so low.  Though between the introduction of Focus 2.0, Channeling changes, and the general design of warframe going towards the tanky gunplay the rate you regain energy just simply isn't enough.

Infested Impedance: The game is about killing enemies fast, there aren't ever really situations where you are trying to get away from infested unless it's an Energy Leech Eximus or something. You are already faster and more agile than infested enemies. This would be a bit better if it were 'Enemy Impedance' and worked against all factions (maybe at a shorter distance from the player but a stronger slow, would help avoid getting mobbed by certain enemies and allow a person to kite).

I'm surprised you forgot about EMP Aura.  I honestly think that EMP Aura and Infested Impedance should be merged together and made into a single all-faction mod that subtlety hampers the enemy's effectiveness.

In regards to other auras, there are also issues about suitability. Like there is not much point wearing a shield reduction aura in a grineer or infested mission. I'm not saying those auras shouldn't exist, but maybe there could be notifications when choosing a mission like 'You are wearing a shield reducing aura but there are no shielded enemies at this location!'. Obviously it would be a general recommendation, because a shielded enemy could appear as part of a syndicate attack or fissure.

Honestly, in a world where corrosive projection wasn't key to killing high-level enemies, I'd say merge it with Shield Disruption and some ind of anti-infested effect into a general purpose "reduce enemy durability" aura.

Damage Amp mods for guns would be better if they were combined with ammo conversion mods. The only gun I've used an ammo conversion mod on is Kohm because it really eats bullets if you increase the fire rate. There is rarely a reason to use conversion mods on guns, and even less reason to use the auras when ammo pizzas exist.

Steel Charge is popular because it gives extra mod capacity compared to other auras. I can't believe that people would use it for the damage, because there are plenty of situations where you can't attack enemies with melee. It's also another example of why Corrosive Projection is better than damage auras - it effectively buffs ALL your weapons. Steel Charge might be better if it increased the combo counter rate (e.g your team get three or four points to the combo counter per melee attack) and increased combo duration for the group. It is something every build can benefit from because there are a lot of melee mods which are tied to the combo counter.

Honestly, I'd rather the auras be a secondary percentile boost to a weapon's overall damage, rather than being an additive benefit on top of a weapon's already enormous base damage bonus.  Adding an extra 50% on a weapon already sporting a +165% isn't that large of an improvement.  Besides for that, they definitely ought to be merged with the scavenger mods since the two basically do the same job of supporting a particular type of equipment and having to choose between the two just means that ammo-starved weapons suffer.

Enemy Radar is a weird one. It is most useful because of a side effect where enemies that appear on your radar start sprinting towards you if they are alerted. This makes it useful in survival missions (enemies are always alert) to kill enemies faster for life support. The actual mechanic of seeing enemies from further away isn't that useful in such a fast moving game because every enemy has the same minimap icon (there is no benefit to seeing the enemy sooner if you don't know what kind of enemy it is). The aura might make more sense if there were deeper stealth mechanics which required you to completely avoid enemies, like bonuses for no detection (outside of spy missions). It might be made better if it was more like an 'Enemy Attraction' aura which makes enemies more likely to focus on attacking the person wearing the aura. 

Loot Detector is currently a useless aura. It might be better if it could highlight containers or lockers with 100% chance of rare items, like amber stars or rare mods, but even then it would go from 'useless' to 'rarely useful'.

Honestly, with the content involving steadily larger and more wide-open areas, they need to double the radar ranges.  I'd also, for the sake of improving their usefulness, make them give you wall-hacks on affected containers or enemies similar to what you get when you have the Synthesis Scanner out.  That way you have a tactical advantage against enemies by being able to see what they're doing and where precisely they are.

Edited by ReshyShira
  • Like 1