Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Someone else who love or tried Motus Setup?

Celas_

i got Motus Setup today and maxed it... i love this mod after a bullet jump or a double jump 100% Crit Chance and Status Chance for 4 sec. I mean i dont care if i need to jump because i do it all the time in Warframe xD. With my Boar Prime i dont even need 4sec to kill a 145 corrupted heavy gunner. Do you guys use it?

• Like 1

I don't use it because I rarely play shotgun, but this is definitely a must have for every shotgun build. How you said yourself, jumping in warframe is something you already do, so you constantly get +100% crit an status chance from the same, which is both higher critical and status chance on shotgun.

Honestly, I see no reason for not using it.

• Like 2

Most of the sets require way to many mods and too much preparation to be useful currently (especially for the new game mode). It all sounds cool getting it to work in harmony but the reality is these sets are too costly and are more closer to "technically" than "reality".

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Midas said:

Most of the sets require way to many mods and too much preparation to be useful currently (especially for the new game mode). It all sounds cool getting it to work in harmony but the reality is these sets are too costly and are more closer to "technically" than "reality".

Actually, Motus Setup, is one of the Motus set mods. It is the shotgun one, and as mentioned is spectacular. It is almost another Acolyte mod by itself. The set bonus, and other mods in the set are garbage, so that makes this just a one off amazing mod.  

• Like 1

Motus setup is really great.. but the duration is too short

Sad that it cant be abused with Sentinel Sweeper :c

Aero mods set bonus is great

meanwhile, Proton Jet is super good when the map is not too cramped, and have many walls to wall latch

• Like 2

Status chance on pellet shotguns is amazing! This makes pellet shotguns that aren't Strun Wraith, Tigris Prime et al, etc... more viable. Please understand that sheet status is per-shot and the per-pellet chance is actually quite abysmal for anything but 100% sheet status.

perPelletChance = 1 - (1-sheetStatusChance)^(1/n)

Where n = number of pellets. So that's an n'th root! You can derive this by equating sheetStatusChance = 1 - (1-perPelletChance)^n where sheetStatusChance is the probability that at least 1 pellet procs status.

Imagine you have 99% sheet status. What's the per pellet chance for a 10 pellet shotgun?

1 - (1-0.99)^(1/10) = 0.369

So ~37% chance per pellet. I mean, that's still good... but it's quite a bit worse than the appearance of "99%" status. So yes, 100% status or bust! And Motus makes this easier to attain!

P.S. Arca Plasmor only counts for 1 "pellet". Why use that meta junk if you can get high crit and 100% status with some other shotgun with lots and lots of pellets (each one procs status)?

• Like 1

Haven't use Motus Setup much because I don't use shotgun but it's good from what little I've use it. Motus Impact is crippled by the fact the aerial melee is mostly pointless, atm. Signal is fun to hop around with but that's about it; maybe someone can find some use for it that I can't.

But I love Proton set; All three of them. Latch wall, kill enemies, zipping across the room to another wall, occasionally leaping down to use my boosted Gas melee, then go back on the wall. 

Aero set seem to be design specifically for Komorex.

These new set are worth using for sure if you are willing to change your play-style. If not then they're just not worth using.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, F8ted said:

Actually, Motus Setup, is one of the Motus set mods. It is the shotgun one, and as mentioned is spectacular. It is almost another Acolyte mod by itself. The set bonus, and other mods in the set are garbage, so that makes this just a one off amazing mod.  

how long does that last? Does it have a cooldown period? Also is it base or straight additive to base. Thats the only mod I looked at and tilted my head a bit.

Edited by Midas
  • Like 1

Just now, Midas said:

how long does that last? Also is it base or straight additive to base.

4 seconds, as it says, but surprisingly easy to keep up due to the requirement of only needing to bullet jump or jump. It's multiplicative, like most. Primary benefit would likely be to push certain shotguns to the 100% status level, or stack with Blunderbuss and/or Laser Sight for extra crit goodies.   

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

While I would love using it, 99% of shotgun weapons in the game are too bloated to fit this mod in. Maybe you could replace a 60/60 mod with it, but most of the time you'd rather have that extra element. Most shotguns can't build for both status AND crit, and the ones that can usually can't without a proper riven, so the motus setup mod sort of only has half value almost 99% of the time on a shotgun.

Also, while in normal missions you may trigger motus setup a lot, in reality any mission where you require the big buffs from motus setup are things like survival, where most of the time you're not jumping around too often (outside of Mot) since a lot of tilesets can't support you constantly being high in the air because the roof is too low.

So while yes it's a theoretically good mod, places where you would need its status and crit are places where you aren't really jumping too much, and it suffers from shotgun builds being way too bloated to fit anything extra.

35 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

Then its Rubbish... especially since I have a riven for my Shotgun.... no need to jump.... it get my Crits 24/7....

Rubbish to you, perhaps. Not everyone has the right Riven or even wants to bother with them. It's a choice that is viable. Is it the best? Most likely not, but it is perfectly viable for the vast majority of the content in the game. And those who only play the remaining fleeting minority are in my opinion on the fast-track to burnout. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Lakais said:

Rubbish to you, perhaps. Not everyone has the right Riven or even wants to bother with them

That doesn't make rubbush suddenly good...

2 hours ago, Lakais said:

likely not, but it is perfectly viable for the vast majority of the content in the game. 

If thats the case then you can do without it....

Do you have have any idea how Bad Crit Mods on Shotguns are ?

latest?cb=20180501165222

Its like DE Hates Them for some reason...

Definitely needs a Riven...

Atleast now you you can finally reach 100% Status on The Hek.... and realise how pointless It is Proccing Puncture...

I would def use it if the timer was longer, but as it stands it seems like too much of an inconsistency to deal with, unless you make yourself jump land shoot constantly, but do not shoot for a prolonged period.

My playstyle is use parkour to get where I need to go and maybe to avoid enemies while shooting, but in no way does it fit the requirements this mod wants, where you jump - land - shoot for a few seconds - repeat. 

(By that I mean I usually either stick to the air for as long as possible or stay on the ground depending on the terrain.)

Although based on what some people told me the crit chance is actually a flat amount, while for some reason the status chance is not.

I use it, but i use it on very spcecific builds ,

Strun Wraith , Boar Prime , Sobek work spectacularly well with it for me.

It is not for everyone though ,

the need to double jump or bullet jump regularly can cause issues for some, and teh effect only activates after you land, so it takes some getting used to.

its probably the best mod in the whole update that actually can be used with minimum downsides.

Setup is great! Who doesn't love +100% crit chance and status chance, and in a single mod no less? This pushes a number of shotguns over 100% of either supplemental.

As for the other Motus mods... working on it. Signal is fun and an appreciated Exilus. Impact doesn't seem that helpful though. I'd like to make something cool of this though, as with most of the other Sets.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Autongnosis said:

I hate it with a passion because of one key flaw. 

It triggers on landing. 

If it triggered when you bullet/double jump I'd use it. 

You can at least aim glide for just a moment to cancel the height of a bullet jump. Bullet jump then immediately aim, fast enough makes it feel like just a little bunny hop.

So due to some unfortunate circumstances I now have 4 more shotgun Rivens....

Now I absolutely don't need Motus Setup. 

I can get 100% without having to jump through Hoops.... well.... except Kuva.... I have to jump through that....

43 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

So due to some unfortunate circumstances I now have 4 more shotgun Rivens....

Now I absolutely don't need Motus Setup. 

I can get 100% without having to jump through Hoops.... well.... except Kuva.... I have to jump through that....

I don't really understand why people bring up Rivens in a balance discussion when they are clearly not comparable to regular Mods with just how powerful they can be.

They can be broken, they can suck, they can be mediocre, they constantly fluctuate. Unless you're lucky or saved up a lot of Platinum, you aren't getting the exact roll you want 99% of the time. Stability is necessary to determine balance, and that right there is anything but.

No real point in stating the obvious, we all know Rivens are great, but they're only great when you get the roll you want. Regular Mods work right out of the box, but they don't have that extra layer of chance to get any better. 

Different strengths, different weaknesses, different tiers, different veteran and regular player experiences.

Please stop acting as if Rivens are somehow the obvious choice when they're akin to two full sets of Arcane Energize.

Edited by (XB1)Graysmog

7 hours ago, (XB1)Graysmog said:

I don't really understand why people bring up Rivens in a balance discussion when they are clearly not comparable to regular Mods with just how powerful they can be.

Because "balanced" is something Warframe is not....

They can be broken, they can suck, they can be mediocre, they constantly fluctuate. Unless you're lucky or saved up a lot of Platinum, you aren't getting the exact roll you want 99% of the time. Stability is necessary to determine balance, and that right there is anything but.

Thats not just Rivens... you literally described Warframe in General.... this Mod hasn't dropped for me on my Alt Account.... so really it doesn't matter.... You're Screwed by RNG either way....

Atleast I got lucky....

No real point in stating the obvious, we all know Rivens are great, but they're only great when you get the roll you want. Regular Mods work right out of the box, but they don't have that extra layer of chance to get any better.

LoL.... okay... Raise your hands.... how many people have Motus Setup ? 

Yeaaaah.... thats what I thought.... "Regular mod" my ass.... Motus Setup is just a yellow riven with a single Roll.....

Please stop acting as if Rivens are somehow the obvious choice when they're akin to two full sets of Arcane Energize

They are the obvious choice.... you may not like it.... I know certainly don't.... but they are.... This is what Warframe is now....

I put this mod on my Boar Prime. Something that shoots quickly to get the most out of it. It's actually quite amusing how devastating it can be. With the amount of pellets it vomits out, with procs that can stack a bunch(like Corrosive), it's pretty crazy.

The Boar Prime is good anyways, though.