Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How are we still getting “Gifts of the Lotus” lore-wise?

Starlight91

So, spoilers, but the Lotus is “missing” right? We’ve had annoying purple mom for months, and suddenly she reappears as Natah, talks to us a little as we tickle the Ropatrollyst, and that’s it. Meanwhile we’ve been getting Gifts of the Lotus from... who? I know that they are alerts awarded after the Devstreams, but lore-wise it doesn’t really make much sense. Maybe it’s a clue about something we do not know about yet? Maybe Natah/Lotus has big boi plans or maybe the Lotus is trapped inside Natah as a separate personality, only able to send us these gifts for whatever reason I dunno.

Well lore wise it would be Cephalon Cordolyn who helps the Lotus with her tasks. Lore-wise I would assume it would be Cordolyn sending the gifts, but there’s a problem. 

DE did away with Cephalon Cordolyn in 2016, and we haven’t heard anything regarding her since. 

What @(PS4)LeBlingKing69 Is probably the most accurate and perhaps the only option left to assume. 

Edited by (XB1)A Excal Umbra
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Starlight91 said:

Meanwhile we’ve been getting Gifts of the Lotus from... who?

The Lotus.

The game isn't strictly ordered chronologically. You can see that very easily: for instance, you can defeat Mutualist Alad V and then defeat pre-Mutualist AladV. You can play Chimera Prologue and then meet the Lotus in Second Dream.

One of the things that is not chronological is, of course, the Gift of the Lotus. All the Gifts that have ever been awarded, and all the Gifts that will ever be released in the future, are received by our Tenno before the Lotus defects.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Chewarette said:

Why are you talking lore-wise ?

Lore-wise, for everyone who have not completed Apostasy yet, that still makes sense. The gifts are almost always on starting planets where Lotus is still your sweet Space Mom.

Yeah, but we're talking in chronological terms. Because if other Tenno have completed the Apostasy, and we know the truth, how is it (other than my explanation) that we're still getting gifts from her?

lore-wise they either don't exist or salad is doing false marketing again

Just now, (PS4)LeBlingKing69 said:

Yeah, but we're talking in chronological terms. Because if other Tenno have completed the Apostasy, and we know the truth, how is it (other than my explanation) that we're still getting gifts from her?

no more free catalysts for this guy i guess :crylaugh:

Edited by Pro3Display

vor 12 Minuten schrieb Starlight91:

Meanwhile we’ve been getting Gifts of the Lotus from... who?

These gifts are simply called Gift of the Lotus. 🙄 It's just a name for gifts from the Developers...

It's like asking why we can kill the same bosses over and over again.

This is called suspension of disbelief and it's a very common concept in any kind of story.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, (PS4)chibitonka said:

ah yes our operators. about as much personality as a tween protag in name a public tv show. xD

Sadly quite accurate.

I think we need a sequel to The War Within (The War Without?) where our Operators get to take centre stage for a bit and allow their personalities to develop. I'd certainly like to see something like that anyway.

• Like 1

Just now, FlusteredFerret said:

Sadly quite accurate.

I think we need a sequel to The War Within (The War Without?) where our Operators get to take centre stage for a bit and allow their personalities to develop. I'd certainly like to see something like that anyway.

Eh let em develop during the war. War gives personality i hear. Or at least helps shape it.

I'm going to hold firmly that we're still getting Gifts of the Lotus because Santa Claus is real in the Warframe universe, and is simply now repaying the Karmic debt of billions of parents giving gifts "from Santa" by now giving gifts "from Space mom"

As many other have suggested I would say Ordis.

Except I would put a really sad twist on it like, even though he can barely keep himself together like a Dad after a tough divorce, he has to for the operator so he puts in overtime and overworks in ways that are bad for his health to fill both sets of shoes for his kid.  Ordis still has all the telemetry for where the Lotus found other gifts prior and uses it to search for new ones in her absence.  The gifts from the lotus are presents that he found, but still labeled as 'from Mom' so we don't feel lonely.

How comes people not able to do what the OP asked?

He is wanting it LORE WISE....not the cynical reasons hitting in here.

It's as most said- either it is Ordis or (my way of seeing it) the purple thing we have in our craft that once in a while calls us is STILL doing its thing. Or mayhaps it's anoyher mother calling from beyond the void where the spirits of gods send Void Demons piloting Frames of War.....

Cephalon Cordolyn was one of several cephalons in service to Lotus before she left us. It's possible they still do her work.

Take for example any Fomorian or Razorback armada lately. Lotus used to inbox us credit pay and a catalyst/reactor. Now purple Ordis does that, but from a lore perspective its probably Cordolyn or one of the other cephalons that gets that battle pay to Ordis.

We had space-mom Lotus and uncle space-butler Ordis. When Lotus got tired of endlessly listening to angsty-teen music, back-talking, and acts of vandalism, she left to commit genocide. Ordis, bless his heart, didn't want the Tenno to grow up without a mom, so he puts on a little makeup and becomes our space step-mom when the situation calls for it. Ordis is the true hero of this story.

Image result for megamind minion space step mom

Disclaimer: my facts might be a little off.....

• Like 1