Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Burnt out from Nightwave - Intermission!

DreisterDino

5 hours ago, 40PE said:

So you were kind of bored and tried to troll the forum.

You got no life I assume then.

I can't add anything else to this time wasting topic I move along...

I'm not the OP, I just answered his question.

10 hours ago, TheRealShade said:

You did, this was a 100% sarcastic post and I feel disappointed seeing so many players taking it as serious.

Well these days you never know, there are some seriously stupid people out there that got acess to internet

14 hours ago, makaloff95 said:

Gems doesnt take that long, look for the blue cracks and mine them, doesnt take long.

rare fish: this one might be a bit problematic but look up when and where the fishes spawn and get a fortuna fishing spear for them. 

It is explicity stated in the forma challenge that ”this does NOT work in simulacrum”. Sometimes its better to read up instead of rushing things.

20p is nothing, honestly, just sell some ducat fodder or a aytn sculpture or something. Can alsp be bought from baro ki teer when he has it (he is coming now on friday).

downgrade? Hey its a free color palette, sure it might be a ”downgrade” in your eyes but you litterly save 75 plat on it. Also gives new players a chance to have more colors than just the original ones.

Rift sigil have been around way longer than the arbitration version, if i recall correctly, rift sigil was pretty hard to come over when it first came around. 

I apologise if i misunderstood your post.

Hey, don't feel bad man. Your post was really well-intentioned, and it was nice to see you trying to offer assistance to someone you saw struggling with the game. Never feel bad about that. The OP was trolling, but many people thought it was a serious post, not just you. Even though this post was sarcasm, some of us have seen plenty of these same outlandish complaints brought up by people who weren't joking (not to say that Nightwave is above scrutiny, its just that some of the complaints I've seen are really petty). And instead of making fun of that person, you offered suggestions and help.

Edited by IntheCoconut

14 minutes ago, (XB1)Cubic Clem said:

Well, as soon as it started I went back to login, do tedious and boring tasks, log off. Good riddance until there's another break.

But look at all the awesome rewards you're getting... :wink:

And at least it will stop people REEEing about lack of Nightwave for a while.

1 minute ago, (XB1)Cubic Clem said:

Pff.. they suck and are even less worth than the previous nightwave. Which makes me ask, why did they cut down the Endo and kuva, why orokin cells instead of reactors.. it's dumb. But oh well. Guess that's their direction now.

Because it's not a full Nightwave?

16 hours ago, Marvelous_A said:

NW have never had decent animation but this time they didn't even bother to voice it.

Why name it "Nightwave - intermission" when it's clearly "Nightwave - we don't have time for this failed alert substitute"

Muahahahahahhahaha

vor 16 Minuten schrieb Loza03:

Because it's not a full Nightwave?

The real question should be why the full one hasn't launched, as it seems quite logical for that one to be fully developped before the first one finishes. But maybe DE didn't quite understand how Battlepasses are supposed to work, when they designed theirs. Further illustrating how the removal of Alerts in favour of Nightwave was a giant mistake on their end, which they are now trying to fix with this more than mediocre intermission.

Also on another note, anyone else remembering how they mentioned the New War would be here before TennoCon, can we start complaining about that too, please?

• Like 1

18 hours ago, DreisterDino said:

[...]

Just to find out that the colourpalette is just a downgrade of the Classic Colour Palette.

And the so called Rift Sigil is a straight up ripoff from the Scars of Arbitrations Sigil..

Whoa whoa whoa. I know this is sarcasm, but don't you dare insult my favourite colour palette! Not even in jest!

Also, Rift Sigil is older than Arbitrations, for anyone who was unawares.

7 minutes ago, Radagosh said:

The real question should be why the full one hasn't launched, as it seems quite logical for that one to be fully developped before the first one finishes. 

Yeah that would be the real question, if we pretend to be totally ignorant of what happened during the first, which required extensive reworks to be made. Or maybe if we were to pretend that coding games is something that happens when someone has an idea, and presses a single button and *poof* magically it appears fully formed and bug free. Or if we pretend that the there's nothing else being worked on. 

Which of those are you doing? 

1 minute ago, Radagosh said:

The real question should be why the full one hasn't launched, as it seems quite logical for that one to be fully developped before the first one finishes. But maybe DE didn't quite understand how Battlepasses are supposed to work, when they designed theirs.

Or maybe developing the other one on top of all the other stuff they're actively developing is a management nightmare? Or maybe both? We'll never know.

It is problematic, but far from inexcusable. Game development is nowhere near as easy as you seem to believe.

7 minutes ago, Radagosh said:

Further illustrating how the removal of Alerts in favour of Nightwave was a giant mistake on their end, which they are now trying to fix with this more than mediocre intermission.

'Further' requires there to be an existing, non-subjective point.

Most people against Nightwave are so for subjective reasons, not objective ones. Even the Nitain debacle is, since how much Nitain you could get was based on how much time you personally could spend on Warframe.

14 minutes ago, Radagosh said:

Also on another note, anyone else remembering how they mentioned the New War would be here before TennoCon, can we start complaining about that too, please?

We can and people already have.

Ability to doesn't mean you should though. It's not like they've outright demonstrated that they're adding a bunch of stuff with New War, like an entirely new tileset. And it seems a new Renderer as well, and Graphics stuff is some of the most expensive and time-consuming stuff to develop.

39 minutes ago, Radagosh said:

The real question should be why the full one hasn't launched, as it seems quite logical for that one to be fully developped before the first one finishes. But maybe DE didn't quite understand how Battlepasses are supposed to work, when they designed theirs. Further illustrating how the removal of Alerts in favour of Nightwave was a giant mistake on their end, which they are now trying to fix with this more than mediocre intermission.

Stop calling Nightwave a "Battlepass" event. It isn't.

In order for it to be a battle pass event, we would have to spend money in order to take part.

"A battle pass is a type of video game monetization that provides additional content for a game usually through a tiered system, rewarding the player with in-game items by playing the game and completing specific challenges. Inspired by the season pass ticketing system and originating with Dota 2 in 2013, the battle pass model gained more use as an alternative to subscription fees and loot boxes beginning in the late 2010s".

Note the key word "monetisation". Nightwave is not monetised in any way. Your interpretation means the old Alert system is / was another battle pass event as well.

Edited by FlusteredFerret
  • Like 2

36 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

[snip]

It's not like they've outright demonstrated that they're adding a bunch of stuff with New War, like an entirely new tileset. And it seems a new Renderer as well, and Graphics stuff is some of the most expensive and time-consuming stuff to develop.

I don't think many people understand how much work goes into new assets. Or they just don't care to, which is fine, not everyone shares my fascination with game development. I personally can't believe we got the Jovian Concord (which includes a reworked tileset in and of itself) and we'll likely be getting New War (another new tileset) / Railjack all in the same year. DE really must have lost their heads. That kind of work from their studio is impressive.

Edited by IntheCoconut
  • Like 1

vor 21 Minuten schrieb (PS4)guzmantt1977:

Yeah that would be the real question, if we pretend to be totally ignorant of what happened during the first, which required extensive reworks to be made. Or maybe if we were to pretend that coding games is something that happens when someone has an idea, and presses a single button and *poof* magically it appears fully formed and bug free. Or if we pretend that the there's nothing else being worked on. 

Which of those are you doing? 

I personally see the catch up mechanic as the hardest part to code in. We have that in the intermission alongside with tweaks to numbers. So why is the second Nightwave not out yet? Most likely because of the story elements, voice lines and rewards not being done yet, which in my eyes is a mistake on their part. As they should have known that players would expect a short downtime (not 1.5months) between their first two seasons and planned for it. While this might be forgiveable during their first seasons I hope this is not going to be another reoccuring problem with the game.

vor 17 Minuten schrieb Loza03:

Most people against Nightwave are so for subjective reasons, not objective ones. Even the Nitain debacle is, since how much Nitain you could get was based on how much time you personally could spend on Warframe.

I'm not against Nightwave at all, I personally see it as one of the most interesting ideas DE has implemented in the last 2 years. However, Alerts and Nightwave could have coexisted. This would have reduced a lot of the problems people had once the first season ended and would have given DE enough time to further develop the next season.

vor 4 Minuten schrieb FlusteredFerret:

Note the key word "monetisation". Nightwave is not monetised in any way. Your interpretation means the old Alert system is / was another battle pass event.

Just because you don't have to pay for it, it's still following the system and rules of a battle pass. So how about we call it a free battle pass to find some consensus and move on.

vor 1 Minute schrieb IntheCoconut:

I don't think many people understand how much work goes into new assets. Or they just don't care to, which is fine, not everyone shares my fascination with game development. I personally can't believe we got the Jovian Concord (which includes a reworked tileset in and of itself) and we'll likely be getting New War / Railjack all in the same year. DE really must have lost their heads. That kind of work from their studio is impressive.

Gonna add you as well, as you put it perfectly. I personally don't care about how things look. I much rather play them.In the case of tile sets, I'll see them when the quest hits and during sorties. Still I'm looking forward to seeing that 3-dimensional playing ground they showcased during their Devstream, even though I'm most likely just gonna void dash through it and never revisit it just like the Kuva-Fortress and now the new Jupiter tile.

• Like 1

On 2019-06-13 at 5:26 PM, (XB1)Cubic Clem said:

-Snip-

That's like asking why we still use the same moving and shooting mechanics in junctions, or dojo custom parkour courses, or any other thing that isn't 'real Warframe gameplay'. And also, they did do that. They outright say that they buffed the standing gain for the intermission period, beyond the initial buff amounts since it's on for much less time.

The challenges are the mechanics associated with Nightwave. Obviously, those are going to stay the same between seasons, past balancing or new additions. The additional stuff - the lore and associated cinematics and assets - that's what makes a full Nightwave, and DE isn't done with those. And, involved in that, are the new rewards, the things that make reward tables 'not S***y', since let's be real here, any reward that already exists is going to be terrible for someone and good for someone else, or even the same person at different points in time. Value is entirely subjective. A while back I was absolutely starved for Orokin cells because I didn't frequent places they dropped, meaning that I often had to dedicatedly farm them. Now, though, I'm good on them, with a stockpile of several hundred at last count. Needless to say, I would have been very happy to get those Orokin Cells back then.

On 2019-06-13 at 5:28 PM, IntheCoconut said:

I don't think many people understand how much work goes into new assets. Or they just don't care to, which is fine, not everyone shares my fascination with game development. I personally can't believe we got the Jovian Concord (which includes a reworked tileset in and of itself) and we'll likely be getting New War / Railjack all in the same year. DE really must have lost their heads. That kind of work from their studio is impressive.

Honestly, I have no idea how DE manages to get through the management. I know last year they seriously screwed up, with a ton of crunch time and not multi-tasking properly, which led to less good stuff overall. I'd much rather they remain passionate about what they're doing.

On 2019-06-13 at 5:34 PM, Radagosh said:

I'm not against Nightwave at all, I personally see it as one of the most interesting ideas DE has implemented in the last 2 years. However, Alerts and Nightwave could have coexisted. This would have reduced a lot of the problems people had once the first season ended and would have given DE enough time to further develop the next season.

Possibly. But the reward balancing was probably a significant issue, like Nitain. The game is quite poor with that right now, with people developing huge stockpiles of the resources that makes it basically impossible for DE to introduce anything that requires 'working towards' without putting it up on the MR tree, implementing a forced wait period or a new resource. I doubt they wanted to make that any worse than it was. 

3 minutes ago, Radagosh said:

Gonna add you as well, as you put it perfectly. I personally don't care about how things look. I much rather play them.In the case of tile sets, I'll see them when the quest hits and during sorties. Still I'm looking forward to seeing that 3-dimensional playing ground they showcased during their Devstream, even though I'm most likely just gonna void dash through it and never revisit it just like the Kuva-Fortress and now the new Jupiter tile.

And that's fine! The wonderful thing is that people who enjoy different things can all find something they like in Warframe. Some people will zip through areas to get straight into the action because that's how they like to play. Others have scoured the new Jupiter Tilesets like a scavenger hunt to uncover all of its secrets. Two different playstyles, both accommodated nicely in the same game. I tend to fall into the first category myself, but I do come to the forums to read up on other people's efforts to uncover easter eggs and whatever bits of lore they've found that I missed.

22 hours ago, DerGreif2 said:

Then a little tip: dont do it... jesus... its optional. Its not even night wave season 2. I thought this was a joke post but it also could be a legit one ^^ So please add a /s

See. Each time you raise this argument when people say that alerts were depriving them of loot, you get absolutely crucified. Yet it's supposed to work for nightwave. Or even this story deprived, cut down version of it.

That, by the way, still left a hole in terms of making the game world feel like there's something going on. I said it before, but random developer steve giving me a boring checklist of tasks based on the DE statistic showing that people don't do something often enough for their liking falls way short, in my book, of lotus telling me that my help is required to put out another fire in the system somewhere.

Not to mention that with alerts I didn't have to show up to work for a week minimum to get nitain or whatever. I was usually handed goodies in 10 minutes tops. Nightwave is a trainwreck.

P.S

And with lotus being what she is now, why not give the task handling missions to someone worth it? Can't a man work for darvo? Sheesh.

Edited by Merrowen
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, (XB1)Cubic Clem said:

The same company that released the "less grindy fortuna" which was grind on top of grind on top of grind, worse than PoE.. lmao get outta here believing those lies 😂 

I think there was an official thread about the NW S2 changes and if that thread holds true then it is supposed to be less grindy. 

Although that alone wouldn't be enough to make it playable obviously. Earlier levels should be rewarding as well.

Knowing DE, my hopes aren't high but I expect it to be better than the first one. But then, unless they make a complete overhaul, there is no way to turn Nightwave into something decent. Especially as a vet who has 0 interest in running regular missions that have absolutely nothing to offer over and over again.

Nightwave is all about DE forcing its gaming community to play stuff they don't want to play because of reasons.

Do you hate mining or conservation missions well too bad now you have to do them again and again to get the same rewards minus key resources.

Are you a PvE or PvP or a roleplayer or do you play alone - well too bad now you have to do everything with your clan members.

Are you a newbie well too bad because now you will have to do sorties and a ton of other missions locked off to you on your galaxy map.

I stopped playing WF the moment I realised just how much it sucked compared to the quick alert system.

Do you remember the quick alert system - pepperidge farm remembers.

Edited by Shadow-Spawn
  • Like 2

vor 34 Minuten schrieb White_Matter:

I think there was an official thread about the NW S2 changes and if that thread holds true then it is supposed to be less grindy. 

Although that alone wouldn't be enough to make it playable obviously. Earlier levels should be rewarding as well.

Knowing DE, my hopes aren't high but I expect it to be better than the first one. But then, unless they make a complete overhaul, there is no way to turn Nightwave into something decent. Especially as a vet who has 0 interest in running regular missions that have absolutely nothing to offer over and over again.

Regarding Season 2, i just hope they take some of the feedback they asked for and got in the Dev-Workshop.

Lots of people made great suggestions for tasks that can be actually fun and interesting, and if thats the case i guess many players wouldnt even complain about how much they have to do if the tasks itself are actually worth doing both for fun and the rewards. I was honestly surprised to see this "use a Forma 3x" task again after that was one of the most mentioned "plz remove this" tasks in their feedback topic (and others like "guild a modular weapon").

The Riventask they added this time (extermination without getting noticed) is a step in the right direction, and i hope they add more like this and remove more of the tedious tasks. There is so much fun to be had, so make funny tasks instead of annoying tedious ones no one really wants to do....

these are some examples i suggested: short tasks, hopefully fun to do, room for experiments...

Edit: just for clarification, not all tasks should be like this, some of the "grindy" tasks like opening relics, killing enemies etc are ok and are things you would do anyway, but many others are simply uninspired, boring and annoying, and thats why people complain i guess.

Geyser Glide:

Kill one/two/three enemies while aimgliding after getting lifted into the air by the Geyser on the Plains of Eidolon

Death from Above:

Perform a Kill with a Ground-slam-attack from a height of at least 50m/100m/150m

FreeFall:

Kill one enemy with any Warframe-ability while in the air after leaving your Archwing/K-Drive before hitting the ground 

Crash Through:

Ragdoll an enemy into the ocean/into a lake (from at least x meters away)

Edited by DreisterDino
  • Like 1

On 2019-06-12 at 10:29 PM, DreisterDino said:

Seriously, i was playing for half an hour already and i feel so pressured to do it all, i cant take it anymore.

The rare gems are soo god damn rare and fishes spawn inside of rocks - i tried drilling myself to them with Ripkas+Riven+Amalgan Mod but it didnt work!

I dont even wanna start with all those bugs - i wasted 3 formas on weapons in the simularum just to notice it doesnt work...fix it!

And do you seriously expect me to spend 20 platin for a good looking glyph i can deploy just so people dont laugh about the standard glyphs i own!?!

Come on, crack 10 relics? 10??? how am i supposed to farm all of those in 1 week AND open them? thats ridiculous - i have a life besides Warframe -_-

Using an Emote should be an Elite Weekly, its pretty difficult to: hold q - press the right mouse button at the same time - select the emote that fits the situation - release the buttons...

Just to find out that the colourpalette is just a downgrade of the Classic Colour Palette.

And the so called Rift Sigil is a straight up ripoff from the Scars of Arbitrations Sigil...

1. Go to the top left area, near the small pool of water and mine Hesperon. They are commonly found there. Else where they are hard to obtain.

2. I guess, you don't bother to read this:

c14da0b32c1f445827071ef18bc1415e.png

3. Any glyphs work. There is plenty of free codes available for this. My personal favourite is Flare_eyes as you can see from my profile picture.

4. 10 relics, you can do that in 30mins via capture fissures. I did the 500 kills in 5 exterminate fissure missions with Ember.

5. Don't care about this.

6. Rift Sigil came before Arbitrations. Get your facts correct, you silly giraffe.

• Like 1

again 3 forma thing...... why not forma something? or use 10 forma? it is like " yoooo my veteran buddy, how are your forma wallet? gonna dildo it for 3 times, becaouse someone told me to". what is next use 3 exilus adapter, or use 3 catalyst and than we gonna reward you with 3 orokin cells.... so is this troll wave?