Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why does extracting alone have to be so difficult?

When you want to leave a survival mission earlier than everyone else in your squad, you have to wait at the extraction node for 60 seconds.  During this time, enemies will try to kill you, and if your warframe is not strong enough, you will get overrun pretty quickly.  I honestly find the 60 second wait time unnecessary and disadvantageous to people that want/need to leave early.  I think there should be no wait time and that you can extract alone by pressing a button at the extraction node.

22 minutes ago, (XB1)VeryPoet8776145 said:

When you want to leave a survival mission earlier than everyone else in your squad, you have to wait at the extraction node for 60 seconds.  During this time, enemies will try to kill you, and if your warframe is not strong enough, you will get overrun pretty quickly.  I honestly find the 60 second wait time unnecessary and disadvantageous to people that want/need to leave early.  I think there should be no wait time and that you can extract alone by pressing a button at the extraction node.

while i agree with you on self extraction might take while to extract, it just can't be helped. because if there wasn't a limit to the self extraction then that'll be abused even when the person doesn't need to extract early. you ended up in an public group you dont like for some reason. poof your gone without letting anyone know. paranoid that your drop chances are messed with because someone didn't run this frame. poof. person left.  

also remember host migration? yeah that'll really mess up other players enjoyment when they found out that the host just poofed away with his hall of loot while potentially messing up other players loot.

ps: would be better if you ask for extraction courtesy, whether it be asking for people to at least help guard you till the countdown timer is over, or ask for DE to install extraction courtesy into the mobs so they stop focusing on extraction. but have this extraction courtesy have some kind of cooldown so people don't exploit it. or some other way of preventing exploiting it.

Edited by maddragonmaster
  • Like 2

Extraction counter for clients should be 30 seconds instead of 60, while host still gets 60 seconds and the timer at extraction should read "Host is at extraction", maybe add it with slow blinking effect so it calls attention.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, (XB1)VeryPoet8776145 said:

you have to wait at the extraction node for 60 seconds

There is a HUGE difference between solo extraction being "difficult" and being so inpatient that you can't wait for 60 damn seconds.

• Like 3

Yep.... the reason it takes so long is because Host Migrations are so bad that they need to give other players enough time to catch up with whoever decided to extact without telling anyone. That being said....

The extraction Zone should have a nullifier shield that disables Warframe abilities and prevents enemies from attacking anyone behind It...

There.... a convenient quality of life improvement that can't be exploited. 

• Like 3

The entire thing is needlessly complicated and there is no need for timers or spamming notifications to other players.

Just let people leave when they want and don't announce it. Just replace instantly as they leave. If done properly, the other players shouldn't even notice the transition.

End of. This "problem" was already solved ages ago in other games. 

You shouldn't have to play or behave a certain way to humour strangers on the internet in a video game. Or be expected to tip toe around an etiquette entirely fabricated due to the short comings of Digital Extremes chosen peer to peer networking solution.

Edited by IIDMOII

3 hours ago, Ephemiel said:

There is a HUGE difference between solo extraction being "difficult" and being so inpatient that you can't wait for 60 damn seconds.

I think OP's issue was that he was getting mobbed & killed by enemies during the countdown.

I had the same problem with Disruption missions and posted about it in Feedback - got the reply that they stopped enemies spawning at/near the extraction point with a recent hotfix.

Maybe they should do the same for Survival & Defence missions too?

Edited by FlusteredFerret
  • Like 1

Anyone else also having issues with the timer stopping and requiring you to leave the extraction area and rejoin? I need more testing but seems to correspond to using certain abilities or entering operator. When you’re getting mobbed and trying to stay alive, it becomes problematic. Especially during an Arbitration..!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, (XB1)VeryPoet8776145 said:

It's a coop game. If somebody asks me to help them extract, I help. Depends on how they ask, as well, you know. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Ephemiel said:

I think is pretty annoying because you can get overrun by enemies, so trying to avoid those enemies you have to move and moving out off the specific place will reset the timer.

• Like 1

I agree with you I think it would be a better idea to lower the timer to 20 secs and for the trigger area to be bigger. That way you can leave quicker and you can avoid getting out off the area that resets the timer. As i mentioned earlier, i think the timer could be there still just in case you want to leave with your partners that can be far away.

hace 4 horas, (XB1)VeryPoet8776145 dijo:

Sure ... the host extract ... "host migration" , before all the players even finish the load , the new host extract .... doble host migration to the remain players and 99% of crashing/error  ....  Not even mention that you would have almost 100% chance of a host migration even when all the group want to extract because its going to be extrating 1 at time .

Why people cant even think a little before posting ....

Edited by Yagamilight123

solo extracting is basically just playing Defense for a minute, there's a lot of stuff you can do: pop specters, energy pizzas Xiphos Turrets.. anything that will help you defend the extraction point. if you ask others to help defend extraction by stopping enemies in a room leading to it, they might be inclined to help you as well.

• Like 1

I don't know if I feel more like this:

7 hours ago, Yxivi said:

Extraction counter for clients should be 30 seconds instead of 60, while host still gets 60 seconds and the timer at extraction should read "Host is at extraction", maybe add it with slow blinking effect so it calls attention.

Or like this:

7 hours ago, Ephemiel said:

But the latter seems to make way more sense than the former.....

Il y a 7 heures, Ephemiel a dit :

The problem is that the timer is riddled with bugs. You happen to do transference? Well, gotta restart. You move 3m forward or back? Tough luck. Some extraction zones are so small you can barely move at all. 

7 minutes ago, Dreadwire said:

Why bother playing in pug if you can just solo it 5 min.

Because more players = more enemies and more enemies makes farming resources easier. I know recruit chat exist, but I don’t want to wait if I don’t need a lot of the resource.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, DrivaMain said:

Because more players = more enemies and more enemies makes farming resources easier. I know recruit chat exist, but I don’t want to wait if I don’t need a lot of the resource.

So for self convenience.

And disregard others.

That explains a lot

10 minutes ago, DrivaMain said:

Since when does the party of RANDOMS need to do what YOU want now?

vor 6 Stunden schrieb IIDMOII:

The entire thing is needlessly complicated and there is no need for timers or spamming notifications to other players.

Just let people leave when they want and don't announce it. Just replace instantly as they leave. If done properly, the other players shouldn't even notice the transition.

End of. This "problem" was already solved ages ago in other games. 

You shouldn't have to play or behave a certain way to humour strangers on the internet in a video game. Or be expected to tip toe around an etiquette entirely fabricated due to the short comings of Digital Extremes chosen peer to peer networking solution.

Maybe you shouldn´t play coop games with that attitude.