Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Flamer, The Havy Flamer.

DishonoredTenno

4 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

Well Archguns are designed to be space weapons. A flamer in space probably wouldnt work too well.

1 minute ago, AwkwardLazarow said:

Fire cant be started in vacuum, only with presence of air it can be. But this is a game so logic doesnt really have to apply

It could be a plasma thrower, or something similar. In Warframe, the damage type is called 'Heat', not 'Fire', so any source of sufficient heat could be a heat weapon.

30 minutes ago, (XB1)Lucas Jameson said:

Y6NjOUj_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

Salamanders gotta Salamander KILL IT WITH FIRE.

3 hours ago, AwkwardLazarow said:

Fire cant be started in vacuum, only with presence of air it can be.

This.

3 hours ago, AwkwardLazarow said:

But this is a game so logic doesnt really have to apply

It really should though.

I mean, I wouldn't be against a huge flamethrower. dunno if we'll get one though. maybe now that Archguns can be used in Atmo mode, we might get some purpose built heavy weapons: less suited to proper Archwing, but effective in Atmo mode.

not long ago a guy also got a good pic of a rifle used by one of the new Corpus units that has a flamethrower function, so maybe we'll get that one day? who knows.

edit: until then, Ignis Wraith and my Lega Prism Amp dubbed "Flammenwerfer" shall suffice.

Edited by (PS4)robotwars7

13 hours ago, -AoN-CanoLathra- said:

It could be a plasma thrower, or something similar. In Warframe, the damage type is called 'Heat', not 'Fire', so any source of sufficient heat could be a heat weapon.

How would it work exactly? It would have short range AoE, something which would be painfully bad for Archwing. Or you could make it functional in that mode but it would be ridiculously powerful when deployed with Grav-Mag. I want a heavy flamer, I just have no idea how you could make it viable in one mode or not blatantly op in another.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, BETAOPTICS said:

How would it work exactly? It would have short range AoE, something which would be painfully bad for Archwing. Or you could make it functional in that mode but it would be ridiculously powerful when deployed with Grav-Mag. I want a heavy flamer, I just have no idea how you could make it viable in one mode or not blatantly op in another.

Primary fire = Flamethrower

Secondary fire = Giant Fireball (Or long ranged concentrated blowtorch)

The main thing that will keep this gun from being OP is ammo consumption and ammo capacity.

Edited by Im_a_Turtle

So...I’ll take this opportunity to say I learned something from Dead Space.

14 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

Well Archguns are designed to be space weapons. A flamer in space probably wouldnt work too well.

14 hours ago, AwkwardLazarow said:

Fire cant be started in vacuum, only with presence of air it can be.

As long as a substance that ignites in the presence of an oxidizer is used, and a separate supply of a liquid oxidizing agent is present, a viable flame can be produced, even in a vacuum.

Now, granted, I’m not exactly 100% on this, but given how super advanced this universe is, I’m almost certain that something like that would be possible anyhow.

Edited by mac10smg--Toa_of_Green

12 minutes ago, Im_a_Turtle said:

The Larkspur doesn't werf flammen, it's more like a radioactive Amprex than anything

And how do you plan to transmit heat in a vaccum? Traditional fire won't work, a blow torch equivalent would work but have limited range, 

It's all radiation in space unless you throw molotov cocktails with oxygen included.

• Like 1

Il y a 9 heures, mac10smg--Toa_of_Green a dit :

So...I’ll take this opportunity to say I learned something from Dead Space.

As long as a substance that ignites in the presence of an oxidizer is used, and a separate supply of a liquid oxidizing agent is present, a viable flame can be produced, even in a vacuum.

Now, granted, I’m not exactly 100% on this, but given how super advanced this universe is, I’m almost certain that something like that would be possible anyhow.

this would be great, if it still burn in vacuum, we had flame thoughts that came from behind the arshwings, also why not if it looks like the animation from archwing as well if thay in boost.

I figure we'll be shooting void blasts via some techno amplifier before having any form of a "flame" thrower in space just given the shere distance aspect that makes it implausible.

Also, at those speeds in space, you are going to run into your own stream.    Anyone who has ever spit out a window going at decent speeds probably understands this.  So remember, be sure to go into the appearance of the weapon and make the energy color "yellow".

14 hours ago, 0_The_F00l said:

And how do you plan to transmit heat in a vaccum? Traditional fire won't work, a blow torch equivalent would work but have limited range, 

It's all radiation in space unless you throw molotov cocktails with oxygen included.

How do you plan to transmit an edgy space teenager into the body of a biomechanical robotic super suit? We're well beyond the threshold of logical realism and 10 miles in Sci-fi fantasy. We have a shotgun that is literally a handmounted crystal that gets shattered over and over again.

But i'll bite. Use thermite saturated in a self oxidizing gelling agent. It doesn't have to be a gas flamethrower, it could be a molten metal launcher like magnesium, aluminum, sci-fi burnymeltesium, or Tyl Regor's smoldering voice.

Edited by Im_a_Turtle

On 2019-06-19 at 12:07 PM, AwkwardLazarow said:

Fire cant be started in vacuum, only with presence of air it can be. But this is a game so logic doesnt really have to apply

well they could call it a plasma torch turned into a weapon and the byproduct of the conductive electricity is heat which would technically be a "flame" thrower just food for thought 

On 2019-06-19 at 12:04 PM, SneakyErvin said:

On 2019-06-19 at 12:07 PM, AwkwardLazarow said:

Apparently some people have never heard of hydrazine...