Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A reason to hate nullifiers

TioMegaManX

Other than DE's desperate attempt at killing their core gameplay by turning it into a generic shooter with parkour, when you think about it nullifier bubbles are generated by a drone flying above its caster but then the harder the game gets the bigger the bubbles are no matter the area, that basically means the drone goes through the ceiling, an interesting way of making them a little more fair would be to limit the size of the bubble according to the room's height, not to mention it would make more sense, don't you think?

Spoiler

Shills coming to defend everything in 3...2...1...

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, VanFanel1980mx said:

an interesting way of making them a little more fair would be to limit the size of the bubble according to the room's height, not to mention it would make more sense, don't you think?

I thought that this happened anyway. At least DE had originally said that the intention was to limit them to the room height.

Spoiler

I want to defend the value in sentence structure/usage. Stuff looks better when you use a few sentences.

Defending DE though, I will pass.

Edited by krc473
Arbitrary wording
  • Like 1

To be fair the drones where added fairly recently, before them the only way to deal with the field was using a bullet hose. As they where added to give more burst damage weapons a way to deal with the field. 

The best way to deal with the field even with the drone is still either bullet hosing it down or just running in and either shooting or meleeing the nully. 

2 minutes ago, MR9BCI said:

We are supposed to hate nullifiers, otherwise whats the point?
This game is way too easy no matter how you see it, if anything, it needs to get harder. 

Play with dragon Keys equipped then, if you still think is too hard don't mod your frame, there you go.

• Like 5

It's a bug coz the drone is supposed to be always visible and prone to attack. So DE should fix it. But then again it's normally easier to just go into the bubble and kill nully so it's not that much of a problem for me.

Edited by Marvelous_A
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Jiminez_Burial said:

Yeah sure, because changing numbers is how we want the game to be more difficult rather than mechanic interactions......

As far as I have seen people who complain about the game being too easy is because everything dies too fast, that's why we always get bullet sponges and enemies with immunities, that's why I suggested that, because asking for a "harder" game always results in changes like that... yes I am still mad about the removal of environmental kills.

As for the "intended to go into the bubble" causes some issues where your effort is wasted like building up Gara's shards, Garuda's bomb, etc., frames with fixed buffs are less bothered but as usual makes it just annoying for people who don't play stuff like Rhino, Nezha and some others who can just refresh their buffs.

2 minutes ago, (NSW)Sk0rp1on said:

Liking the game doesn’t make you a shill.

Nullifiers are cool.

But ignoring the context makes you one, nullifiers per se are acceptable, not limiting their effectiveness just becomes as annoying as making exceptions on enemies like Profit Taker (why making her immune to armor reduction when Wolf and Thumpers clearly show they could have just replaced her health with an armor class health?) or Wolf (upon release) when there are usually other ways to just complement them, like making enemies a bit smarter so they will run to the side of a nully for example.

1 minute ago, JohnnyMeta said:

MiterMasterRace.png

Does it bounce or pierce through? I think the alternative to the issue would be to allow projectile weapons to go through, that thing is a dispel aura, why does it act like a shield? nullies are squishy, OK, drop the shield on projectiles and buff their health.

Edited by VanFanel1980mx

1 minute ago, (PS4)Lollybomb said:

The thing I hate about nullifiers is that destroying the bubble without targeting the drone directly appears to be strictly based on number of projectiles hitting it, and not damage.  So slow weapons are at a massive disadvantage in dealing with them at range.

Precisely, let's say you like to carry around semi-auto weapons with smaller magazines, when a big bubble comes and my "fastest" weapon is an aklex prime I hate when I have to empty a magazine just to pop the bubble assuming I had full magazine just for that, otherwise I may run out and the nully will refresh his bubble before I am able to either melee the remains or reload to finish the job.

14 minutes ago, VanFanel1980mx said:

Does it bounce or pierce through? I think the alternative to the issue would be to allow projectile weapons to go through, that thing is a dispel aura, why does it act like a shield? nullies are squishy, OK, drop the shield on projectiles and buff their health.

There is a miter mod that gives you 90% chance when you shoot it to burst the bubble.

54 minutes ago, VanFanel1980mx said:

Other than DE's desperate attempt at killing their core gameplay by turning it into a generic shooter with parkour, when you think about it nullifier bubbles are generated by a drone flying above its caster but then the harder the game gets the bigger the bubbles are no matter the area, that basically means the drone goes through the ceiling, an interesting way of making them a little more fair would be to limit the size of the bubble according to the room's height, not to mention it would make more sense, don't you think?

Hide contents

Yeah I've seen the bubbles noticeably expand when the nullies move from a corridor to an open room. 

Suggests that what you are demanding, is already a thing. 

Maybe you can share your screenshots or post it as a bug report? 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ChaoticEdge said:

try the alagram enemies, you'll hate them more if you ever get close to them.  Which they both sit on the hate stones.

This too, but then we keep getting to the same problem, DE doesn't want you to use your abilities at all because "it is and exploit", and no, I am not referring to killing demolysts with environmental kills, I miss doing stuff like that with Mag tho.

Just now, VanFanel1980mx said:

This too, but then we keep getting to the same problem, DE doesn't want you to use your abilities at all because "it is and exploit", and no, I am not referring to killing demolysts with environmental kills, I miss doing stuff like that with Mag tho.

exploit enemies weakness and what type frame keep it still?  Harrow to go with (stun-lock enemies in place very good and long time depending duration) keep the dush enemies at bay for little while.

Next the most hated weapons of all time is this weapon...

Spoiler

latest?cb=20140124172529 NO ONE USE THIS WEAPON!  I use it 1 time and its garbage!  What is the point of this weapon when we got ice to do the slowing down

3 hours ago, VanFanel1980mx said:

Do you mean that people not agreeing with your view are shills? I'm not disagreeing (or agreeing for that matter) but would like to point out that it's only natural for many warframe players to defend what is probably the best game ever.

3 hours ago, VanFanel1980mx said:

Reveal hidden contents

wait, didn't they add drone on nullifiers that doesn't go through ceilings long time ago? It's bugged now?