Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Empyrean Release Date?

Torbamf

1 hour ago, TheMuslimGamerGB said:

I think that the Empyrean update will be released in an unfinished state at the end of October - December. Throughout the following year they will add to it and we won't see the New War until a month before TennoCon 2020.

56 minutes ago, HugintheCrow said:

14c.jpg

Well, have you seen the lastest content we have lately?, Graphics update, Disputation,POE,Fortuna, War Within, I chuold go on but, you know.

All where given out in a unfinished state and they said railjack will have "months and months" of content added to railjack, that's pretty ambitious. And it's pretty much clear that New War won't be this year, not in the long shot.

5 minutes ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

And it's pretty much clear that New War won't be this year, not in the long shot.

Well. I dunno about that. Unless we really do have to specifically tie it to Empyrean, and we still genuinely believe that's not close to being ready. I can't remember the last time they specifically gave a time frame to expect a big lore release.

They kept quiet about Sacrifice's actual release date until... what, 2 weeks before? To outright claim that New War is coming for this Christmas was very surprising. They have to be pretty confident about it to claim that, right?

Edited by DrakeWurrum

You guys saw that video from TennoVIP in which they showed a bit more of Empyrian + Atlas Prime? The release window was mentioned as "this year" instead of "This fall". Makes me think they are no longer expecting to be able to release it before late November.

Edited by Jarriaga

20 minutes ago, Jarriaga said:

You guys saw that video from TennoVIP in which they showed a bit more of Empyrian + Atlas Prime? The release window was mentioned as "this year" instead of "This fall". Makes me think they are no longer expecting to be able to release it before late November.

Well, um...

October, November, and December... are this year. And this fall.

Winter officially starts December 21st, and ends March 19th.

There's only 11 days of winter in 2019.

Edited by DrakeWurrum

3 minutes ago, DrakeWurrum said:

Well, um...

Thanks, we don't have seasons where I live. Still, the wording seems odd to me. It's like they are not discarding that it may be extended beyond that.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Jarriaga said:

It's like they are not discarding that it may be extended beyond that.

We're still in BETA after all. It's just hedging bets.

Given DE's track record of getting big updates out I'd say Empyrean will come out in late October and the New War in February or March. It's just my intuition as someone who's been around for a while. Keep in mind that Story quests have become more of an indulgence for DE recently. They were good for marketing the game earlier, but now that it's known pretty well by the general gaming public the amount of new players they can bring in it's not worth the money they have to spend.

9 minutes ago, AuroraSonicBoom said:

We're still in BETA after all. It's just hedging bets.

Given DE's track record of getting big updates out I'd say Empyrean will come out in late October and the New War in February or March. It's just my intuition as someone who's been around for a while. Keep in mind that Story quests have become more of an indulgence for DE recently. They were good for marketing the game earlier, but now that it's known pretty well by the general gaming public the amount of new players they can bring in it's not worth the money they have to spend.

Late October would be wonderful, but it feels very optimistic. I hope you're right though.

Personally, I am expecting late November if I ignore that promo video. Otherwise, December.

Edited by Jarriaga

14 minutes ago, Jarriaga said:

Late October would be wonderful, but it feels very optimistic. I hope you're right though.

Personally, I am expecting late November if I ignore that promo video. Otherwise, December.

Could be. I was taking into account the fact that they want to break up the update, and for the first part of that to be released in October. Grendel would be my guess, squad link a month later(in a very small capacity), and Empyrean at the end of the year. That sounds not too optimistic in my book, but you never know!

5 hours ago, DrakeWurrum said:

Well, um...

It is my understanding that those are the dates according to the astrological calendar, which may be correct. However, most people refer to the meteorological calendar when talking about the season changes. If DE uses the meteorological calendar when talking about seasons that means that we should get Empyrean by November 30th, which for most is the agreed upon date for the end of meteorological fall.

• Like 1

This time around, i think they will stick to the scheduel. Empyrean, from what i've seen in the japan videos, looks pretty much complete. And they said they will launch it with only 1 faction then update it every month.

Theoreticly, this would mean they have enough time to put together TNW by december and do the same thing ,update it each month 

This would be a drip feed of content like Nightwave acts, which i personaly don't enjoy.

Even so we will have empyrean this year and they will link it with grendel release in october most probably.

If not, and they push empyrean for november, we will most likely get TNW in 2020

If we are getting next devstream this week maybe but I don't think we are lucky enough to hear on this upcoming devstream specific news when... its going to bee soon or just this year... in the end we arw waiting for something for 2 long... And we are waiting long enough from old glory days when update whose on the time every month and they know it,and this is why they take advantage from this and we just waiting for something good longer and longer. 🤔 I love this game but I think like the rest of us we are forcing to play something else and if we find right game,we will all forget about this game and it all whose for 1 big nothing. 😑

Edited by Vlada91

16 hours ago, DrakeWurrum said:

To outright claim that New War is coming for this Christmas was very surprising. They have to be pretty confident about it to claim that, right?

They where pretty confident with everything, War Within, Umbra, Jovian Concord,  etc. So no, they do not.

15 hours ago, Jarriaga said:

5 hours ago, Melkfet said:

This time around, i think they will stick to the scheduel. Empyrean, from what i've seen in the japan videos, looks pretty much complete. And they said they will launch it with only 1 faction then update it every month.

Theoreticly, this would mean they have enough time to put together TNW by december and do the same thing ,update it each month 

This would be a drip feed of content like Nightwave acts, which i personaly don't enjoy.

Even so we will have empyrean this year and they will link it with grendel release in october most probably.

If not, and they push empyrean for november, we will most likely get TNW in 2020

Late Nov is the realistic date, otherwise we won't get new war this year.

9 hours ago, bibmobello said:

next(one of the most powerful) prime frame.

Well this is naive, atlas is FAR from being an powerful Warframe, Bello, are you alright?, not sure what your taking, but I want it

20 hours ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

They where pretty confident with everything, War Within, Umbra, Jovian Concord,  etc. So no, they do not.

Late Nov is the realistic date, otherwise we won't get new war this year.

Well this is naive, atlas is FAR from being an powerful Warframe, Bello, are you alright?, not sure what your taking, but I want it

Obviously i didn't mean Atlas...

Edited by bibmobello

15 hours ago, o0Despair0o said:

At this point I expect that Cyberpunk 2077 will release before Empyrean.

I know one thing for sure, Cyberpunk will scoop up and run off with the Warframe Players.

6 hours ago, bibmobello said:

Obviously i didn't mean Atals...

Ah, I see, well if you mean Dethcub Prime, then we'll have to wait and see.

3 hours ago, HugintheCrow said:

Huh? He said Atlas is trash, that's as man of culture as it gets.

Thank you.

On 2019-09-17 at 11:58 PM, HugintheCrow said:

Huh? He said Atlas is trash, that's as man of culture as it gets.

Backwards. Only a true man of culture can handle Atlas.

On 2019-09-17 at 8:46 AM, Circle_of_Psi said:

If you mean the whole "one punch man" meme, then I'll have to disappoint you even more, Memes, even more so from weeb stuff I avoid it like the plague 

1. If you can't see beyond what the fandoms the Warframe community obsessively assign to frames, that's on you. Stop letting the community define how you perceive frames! Who is REALLY obsessed with "the weeb stuff" - the people pretending to be OPM when they play Atlas, or those who avoid Atlas because all you see is OPM?
  2. Appreciation for Atlas goes way beyond the "one punch man" meme. Atlas is a way of life!
  3. Everyone in this game is constantly pretending to be ninjas, or even superheroes, so it's kinda nice to be Rocky Balboa for a change.

On 2019-09-16 at 7:34 PM, Takanuva0510 said:

It is my understanding that those are the dates according to the astrological calendar, which may be correct. However, most people refer to the meteorological calendar when talking about the season changes. If DE uses the meteorological calendar when talking about seasons that means that we should get Empyrean by November 30th, which for most is the agreed upon date for the end of meteorological fall.

Admittedly, I had never heard that there were two different calendars for deciding seasons. The craziness of humanity never ceases to amaze me. All I did was google "When does Fall start" and Google just gave me the answer at the top of the page before any search results.

Either way, September through November is a possible time frame for Empyrean release. Not wise to get our hopes up, but DE seems to be optimistically hoping for it still, as well as New War in Christmas.

It's worth noting that... failing to do so means 2019 went by without any big releases. Unless you count Nightwave as big.

Edited by DrakeWurrum