The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Lotus: Kill or Save?

Spartan336

10 hours ago, Firedtm said:

oh by no means are we innocent, we as tenno have great blood on us, but we work to redeem our self's, we are called gods but we are far from ever being one.

What knowledge we have only comes through the hard work we do, we live more of a Warriors philosopher way of life, living by the sense of justice from the guilt of our crimes.

redeem ourselves? we're still doing it and stand by it.

and i meant in regards to the lotus' entire situation, we have very little actual insight into what is actually going on with her past surface level interactions. 

10 hours ago, Kazzamo said:

A wise space ship captain once said "If someone tries to kill you, you try to kill them back." Sentients and by extension Natah have declared themselves our enemies. Now let's get space dad Wally, the real source of what we are and end the war forever by glassing every sentient nest in origin or tau.

They sound anything but it then, death is not something anyone should casually desire, and dismissing empathy and understanding is as far from wisdom as one can get. The world isn't so binary as being black and white, and treating it as such will only ever put you in a place of disadvantage.

Edited by Cubewano
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, KokoroWish said:

2CGEgoO.png?1

The correct concensus was reached.

I agree.  If anything, she was about family when Lotus, and she is about family while Natah.

It would also be cool to have a pro-Tenno Sentient Faction, with Hunhow as our guide?

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73
  • Like 3

22 hours ago, (PS4)IroncladBomber said:

To Quote the Ordo Xenos: Suffer not the Alien. 

Technically, these aren't aliens. They're human created machines.

What you're looking for is "purge the heretic". This is techno-heresy of the highest order.

12 hours ago, (PS4)thowed said:

I solo any radiation sorties because of this very reason.

I oberon any radiation sorties. Put so much as a single toe on the floor while I'm around and you won't be friendly firing anybody.

3 hours ago, Cubewano said:

and i meant in regards to the lotus' entire situation, we have very little actual insight into what is actually going on with her past surface level interactions.

Good point, but just because we don’t know past the “Surface level” interaction, does not mean we can ignore the fleet that is going to come to kill us and every other living thing in the sol system.

3 minutes ago, Firedtm said:

Good point, but just because we don’t know past the “Surface level” interaction, does not mean we can ignore the fleet that is going to come to kill us and every other living thing in the sol system.

And nowhere did I say we should, so not really relevant. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, -NightmareMoon- said:

funny you mention that, when lotus Just send us to do the killing without any regards for negotiations first, because committing genocide is the only way warframe do stuff. don't be a hypocrite.

lol. Sure thing. I'll just take my railjack out to gather space flowers. ;)

• Like 1

I'm going with the Skywalker approach, "there's still good in her". Being programmed and brainwashed, probably on both sides, I don't think the Lotus has had much free will. I'd like to see us free her of all compulsion and give her a choice for once. That being said, free will has consequences. If she is still genocidal we have no choice but to put her down like a beloved dog that has become rabid. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

It would also be cool to have a pro-Tenno Sentient Faction, with Hunhow as our guide?

As I've said before, I would be all about that.

I could see it too, if they go the mind control route. Regardless if the direction went kill or save, we could get a Hunhow determined to either save his daughter, or put her out of her misery, and seeing the Tenno in a similar dilemma could get him to realise that the Tenno and the Sentients really are 'not so different', leading to a Sentient Civil War.

Could be a neat way to keep the established gameplay and nodes without the question of 'why are they still active with the Sentients attacking' - the Sentients would be fighting each other (which we'd weigh in on, of course) after the first wave we see in the quest, conveniently keeping them from ruining the rest of the gameplay, whilst still keeping them around for us to have new gameplay, as well as character development and a potential crowning moment of awesome if he were to swoop in to save us from an ill-prepared rescue/assassination attempt.

This is the route I'd take, story wise. Lots of options for good moments and long-term gameplay.

33 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

As I've said before, I would be all about that.

I could see it too, if they go the mind control route. Regardless if the direction went kill or save, we could get a Hunhow determined to either save his daughter, or put her out of her misery, and seeing the Tenno in a similar dilemma could get him to realise that the Tenno and the Sentients really are 'not so different', leading to a Sentient Civil War.

Could be a neat way to keep the established gameplay and nodes without the question of 'why are they still active with the Sentients attacking' - the Sentients would be fighting each other (which we'd weigh in on, of course) after the first wave we see in the quest, conveniently keeping them from ruining the rest of the gameplay, whilst still keeping them around for us to have new gameplay, as well as character development and a potential crowning moment of awesome if he were to swoop in to save us from an ill-prepared rescue/assassination attempt.

This is the route I'd take, story wise. Lots of options for good moments and long-term gameplay.

And Eidelons are aimlessly wandering zombies  amidst a landscape of MASSIVE Sentient remains without a cohesive mind and Hunhow is a mind without a cohesive, planet-destroying Sentient  body, soooo....😏

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73

The Tenno/warframes are a tool, nothing more and nothing less. With the the death of their parents and Orokin controllers they're a tool without a mature mind at the helm. No goals, no organization and no plan. The Lotus was that mature mind. Without her, they'll need another. Ordis is no replacement, he's a ships computer, he can't see the big picture. And personally, I don't see any of the Cephalons in that role. Without that mature mind, the Tenno are nothing more than mercenary scum, fighting for whatever side offers the most money and not caring who eventually prevails because they don't understand the consequences and can't see beyond their next mission. There will be another Lotus.

10 minutes ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

And Eidelons are aimlessly wandering zombies without a cohesive mind and Hunhow is a mind without a cohesive, planet-destroying Sentient  body, soooo....😏

Well, not entirely bodyless if the glut of fragments still around are anything to go by. I'm not sure how lore-compliant one Sentient directly jacking another's body is... but damn it, rule of cool applies!

I don’t want to kill or save her. 

Yet. 

I’ve remained neutral so far because I need to see how it all plays out; too many theories factor into what “could be”, and the empathy is strong in this one. 

When the story develops and all the pieces are together, then I can decide the means to an end. 

This is assuming that we’ll get a Sun/Balanced/Moon decision regarding the matter. If not, I guess I’m just along for the ride.

As far as I can tell based on what's in game, The Lotus is gone. Natah is all that remains.

For those who want to save her, I feel the need to remind everyone that she is a Sentient. A manipulator Sentient. Her goal was to infiltrate and weaken the Orokin Empire so that the Sentients could win. She did this, though some Orokin reprogrammed her to actually care about the Tenno, and thus did not activate phase two which was reawakening Hunhow. Also, the Sentient forces are the greatest threat to the Origin system as a whole. Corpus, Grineer, Infestation, all we can deal with easily. Sentients less easily.

Natah is a powerful Sentient. She obliterated a Warframe in one shot. The Ropololol is pretty darn strong with his lasers. Sentients are exceptionally strong. They could theoretically wipe out the system. Natah is one of these deadly creatures. I'm normally not okay with the whole, genocide an entire race, but the Sentients were the greatest mistake the Orokin ever made. They will kill us, given the chance. Show them no mercy. Rip and tear, until it is done.

#Save

Spoiler

I love her, she is dear to me.

I do understand that Lotus is gone for good and that only Natah is left, but I believe there is kindness in her. She was cold and bossy yes, but there were those little details that made me grow fond of her, like when we found out that Neewa was the Triuna and her motherly behavior chip kicked in and she said we ought to cure her but in the end she told me to decide instead since I was the only person that undertood the big picture. And of course I told Neewa to make the choice herself since it is her life and her beloved people at stake.

Also Paracesis was given to me by Ballas, ungly, disgusting, treacherous, vermin, Ballas! I despise him and will NEVERRR do as he wishes me too.

• 2 years later...