Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Speculation on Duviri Paradox

The only thing we all know is the trailer, and that's it.
How is anyone of us supposed to know anything about that? And no, the sentence "time to grow up" doesn't necessarily mean we will get taller. Growing up can mean a lot of things.

So for now we can only speculate, and wait for the quest to come.

• Like 2

There are only speculations. 

Personally I think it's just a game of traveling between different dimensions of time and alternate realities, hence the name "paradox". They can't just fast forward time of the universe so many years, considering how that would conflict with players in earlier stages of the game. 

I guess there is a possibility of us being able to get out of there with grown up operators, but I'm sure DE know they can't force us to do this either. The communiy is very divided about the physical state of our operators, so it HAS to be optional, or there will be a massive unnecessary riot. Personally I want my operator to remain looking like a kid. It's half the charm of the story imo, and makes it all stand out from other games.

@SirTobe

I assume this is gonna be some sort of massive quest/open world where we have the choice to age our Operators up or not, in my humble-IMO I think it should just be forced, I think the players who enjoy being a child, is in the minority at best. but I chuold be wrong, as I have never come across anyone or a mass number of people who pride being...well...a child in a video game. Most people I've come across hate it outright or feel unconformable (I don't have to explain why it feels unsettling to some, its the Net after all.) 

But I am very welcome for a CHOICE so each player can have their own desires of who they play as. But in some cases I think who ever picks the side, only sees what they see in other Operator Players. (Exp: You pick Adult, you only see Adults) etc. (Like a setting of some kind). the new "Content Mode" that turns off the Operator's transmission was a god-send to ALOT of people (the amount of likes it good, oh boy).

The only reason why I somewhat enjoy how my Operator is now, is I "Roleplay" it being a child of the "Adult" Tenno, that is welding a "Main Frame". But is trapped in the suit. (Think of it like a Umbra frame, but has fully personality and wanted to treat the Operator, like a son/daguter, I kown this is common for some people, if you seen Comics of Umbra and Operators).

So yeah, each to their own. Right now I have both removed the voice and transmissions for Operators (Not sure how that effects quests, but I'll find out in New War/Railjack), but other then that I wait for either the Infested Suit (or the Wisp-Louts helmet) to complete my "Operator Lore" AKA: RP Lore.

Edited by Circle_of_Psi
The Quote thing broke

Please it is obvious that the guy in the trailer is the man in the wall. 

*re adjusts tin foil hat*

They are two entities but one is the entity that you would not be in the future and the other is the entity you can be if the entity that is not you, does not exist, but for that to happen you need to ensure that the entity that is not you survives in the place that is not yet reached by the entity that you can be but are not yet. And the entity that is not you also needs to ensure you do not completely remove him cause obviously he will not exist which no entity wants. But since the you that can be is already aware of this the entity that is not will try to seek you that is hence the reason you hear him all the time. 

See that's perfectly sensible. 

We also have to keep in mind the amount of work.

So far we can customize our Operators as children/teens. Not all these customizations will look good on taller Operators. The suits can just get stretched. DE has to remodel a lot of things for adult Operators to look good.
Not long ago we got new faces for our Operators. Theses faces have to be redone in order to look like proper adults.
So it's not just a quest DE would have to do, but a lot of other things aswell...

Just now, WhiteMarker said:

Not long ago we got new faces for our Operators. Theses faces have to be redone in order to look like proper adults.

To be fair, RL, I already have a driving license, can legally buy alcohol etc etc. And I had these rights for quite a while.

Doesn't stop the barber from giving me a secondary school haircut against my will or asking me why I am breaking school rules with my overly long haircut (because eh, males in my country who go to school gotta cut their hair). 

I mean, clearly a guy who is a head taller than them gotta be a secondary school kid, right?

1 minute ago, Datam4ss said:

To be fair, RL, I already have a driving license, can legally buy alcohol etc etc. And I had these rights for quite a while.

Doesn't stop the barber from giving me a secondary school haircut against my will or asking me why I am breaking school rules with my overly long haircut (because eh, males in my country who go to school gotta cut their hair). 

I mean, clearly a guy who is a head taller than them gotta be a secondary school kid, right?

Funny story, sure. But I still think that DE wouldn't just re-use everything for "adult Operators". People would get mad as hek.

Just now, WhiteMarker said:

Funny story, sure. But I still think that DE wouldn't just re-use everything for "adult Operators". People would get mad as hek.

Point is, adults and kids aren't that different face wise as you think.

Plus given it is DE, they will just low effort it as usual anyway. Probably why the trailer guy needed heavy beard. Because his face is actually unchanged.

6 minutes ago, Datam4ss said:

Point is, adults and kids aren't that different face wise as you think.

Plus given it is DE, they will just low effort it as usual anyway. Probably why the trailer guy needed heavy beard. Because his face is actually unchanged.

Fair. We will see.
Thing is still that nobody of us knows anything else than the trailer. I'm always baffled when people make these thread asking what will come.

25 minutes ago, WhiteMarker said:

Why do you think we won't be getting that quest until like 2020 then?, or even deeper down the line, this Duruvi thing was just a little teaser, We have Railjack and New War to worry about first, pretty sure Paradox is not even been worked on (if not little attention). DE has said in the Overview and Remote Ober, that they are all hands on deck to give out rail jack.

Point being: No one wants to play as a space brat/child.

Edited by Circle_of_Psi

1 minute ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

Why do you think we won't be getting that quest until like 2020 then?, or even deeper down the line, this Duruvi thing was just a little teaser, We have Railjack and New War to worry about first, pretty sure Paradox is not even been worked on (if not little attention). DE has said in the Overview and Remote Ober, that they are all hands on deck to give out rail jack.

Point being: No one wants to play as a space brat/child.

We don't know when the Paradox will hit. It's entirely possible that it will come before the New War, just after Railjack.
And even then, making a whole lot of customizations that only work with children and become ugly/unusable after you become an adult would be a bad idea on DE's end. Because sooner or later everyone will know about the spoiler, that Operators grow up. Why would anyone buy accessories that become obsolent?
Everything based on the assumption that DE will have to make new stuff for taller Tenno. This whole subject is based on nothing but assumptions. So that's fine...

And point being: I'm totally fine with playing as a child. If you dislike playing as a child, because maybe you are an adult yourself, then can you even play any of the Frames? Because you aren't a robotic space ninja build from infested flesh, that's for sure.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WhiteMarker said:

We don't know when the Paradox will hit. It's entirely possible that it will come before the New War, just after Railjack.
And even then, making a whole lot of customizations that only work with children and become ugly/unusable after you become an adult would be a bad idea on DE's end. Because sooner or later everyone will know about the spoiler, that Operators grow up. Why would anyone buy accessories that become obsolent?
Everything based on the assumption that DE will have to make new stuff for taller Tenno. This whole subject is based on nothing but assumptions. So that's fine...

And point being: I'm totally fine with playing as a child. If you dislike playing as a child, because maybe you are an adult yourself, then can you even play any of the Frames? Because you aren't a robotic space ninja build from infested flesh, that's for sure.

There is no real RD for the update, but its very unlikely that its gonna be anytime this year, as New War is Dec 2019 and given we've seen alot of consent arts/hostiles and a 2nd trailer, New War is def coming out before. it's kinder obvious that we're not getting it any time soon.

It won't take too long to redo Operator gear (as they are only one set-framework), it's not like trying to redo an Warframe animation for every single melee weapon that exists in the game (hence why Wisp don't have floats stuff when useing a melee). so it's ont impossible to tweak them for the adult suits. (Even tho, they might not even be any much taller, just slap a adult looking face on their with a beard and your good to go)

And yes, I like to kinder Roleplay as the "Frame I main" is the Adult, who looks after the child. But likewise that Datam4ss said, I pretty much look like a damm Operator, with a Adult face pasted onto it and hair on my face. I am the slight advantage of a normal size, but it chuold be better if you ask me lol 

• Like 1

Maybe - maybe not. Maybe both.

It could be a Ben 10 time travel kind of situation. You time travel forward into the future, and meet your future self on your timeline. But, doing so changes your timeline, so that future self becomes an alternate reality future self and you get a new future self.

If I had to guess, this early in proceedings, (since you know there's gonna be teases like Jovian Concord for New War for something like this), I'd say this is some OoT shenanigans. We go in, and suddenly get transported X number of years into the future by some void phenomena. We can then come out later back to our time, and maybe choose whether or not we're still in adult form.