Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can something be done about Saryn?

MrRixter

49 minutes ago, Pizzarugi said:

I'd like to see how successful anyone is going to be, asking for a private squad every time they want to run one mission just to avoid some frames. 😛

Most normal players do not care who they meet in a squad, unless it's somebody intentionally trolling to make other's experience terrible. It's just some special freaks who decide to whine about how you got 80% kills and they only got 20% kills in a 3 minute exterminate fissure run. 

23 minutes ago, --C--Nehra said:

Most normal players do not care who they meet in a squad, unless it's somebody intentionally trolling to make other's experience terrible. It's just some special freaks who decide to whine about how you got 80% kills and they only got 20% kills in a 3 minute exterminate fissure run. 

It's never that black-and-white. In a combat-oriented game that's all about shooting hoards of enemies, allowing one person in a full party to wipe out everything while everyone else gets to do nothing but collect resources (especially in your example of extermination) takes away from that experience. It doesn't just boil down to who scored more kills than the other. For instance, you don't see many people complain about Nidus taking most of the kills if at all, because no matter how much of a badass the Nidus player may be, they can't nuke rooms and leave their teammates to idle about. At best, you might see the occasional complaint that he's godmode and unkillable. Meanwhile, "nerf Saryn/Mesa/Volt/Equinox/nuker" threads are dime a dozen.

If I was new to this shooter game and I saw that I would be spending most of my time not getting to do any fighting, because someone in team is mashing 4, I'd have probably not stuck around for as long as I have.

Edited by Pizzarugi
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Pizzarugi said:

I'd like to see how successful anyone is going to be, asking for a private squad every time they want to run one mission just to avoid some frames. 😛

Exactly. You know very well your idea is unpopular and you still want to impose it on others 👏

I think Saryn is good as is. Her kit and lore go well together. Aside from these thread posts, I see her often and she seems popular with players. I think nerfing anything about her at this time would be a mistake on DE’s part.

She has survived 2 nerfs already, she is awesome and fun. I’d rather see DE focus on reworking other frames and increasing enemy AI personally. 

23 hours ago, Blexander said:

It's important on which topics they comment on. I've had [DE]Bear respond to one of my posts, but it was in relation to chat moderation. I've only seen them respond to "technical" posts and some feedback related post made by DE themselves. In any case, that's still minimal interaction with the forums which is bad.

Yes, those are primarily the topics they post on. I had realised after I'd made that post, that I confused the mods with staff. In any event, I can kinda see why they would avoid the forums, since it just sends so many mixed messages, whereas twitter and reddit seem to focus more on humour, bug reporting, and such. They probably read the forums, but constant complaining and arguing can really wear people down; especially when it's mostly directed at them and something they'd worked really hard on.

There are some fun moments here, though, the negative usually outweighs the positive.

19 minutes ago, (PS4)The1stAzrael said:

Yes, those are primarily the topics they post on. I had realised after I'd made that post, that I confused the mods with staff. In any event, I can kinda see why they would avoid the forums, since it just sends so many mixed messages, whereas twitter and reddit seem to focus more on humour, bug reporting, and such. They probably read the forums, but constant complaining and arguing can really wear people down; especially when it's mostly directed at them and something they'd worked really hard on.

There are some fun moments here, though, the negative usually outweighs the positive.

It's not the first time I've seen devs sequester themselves to reddit over the official forums. Path of Exile's developers also do the same thing, and from what I've seen as both a regular on their forums and the occasional poster on their reddit, I honestly can't blame them. Most toxic posts tend to get drowned out by downvotes and is often looked down upon by the reddit community, meanwhile it's alive and rampant on the forums.

33 minutes ago, (PS4)The1stAzrael said:

the negative usually outweighs the positive.

Nobody goes on the forums to talk about possitives anyway (unless you go to off-topic). If things are good, there's nothing to say about it. I mean, I agree with you somewhat. There are those negative posts full of nothing but vitriol, no costructive criticism or the like. They're still not as common as you'd think, but when you see them, they stick out.

2 hours ago, WoodedSkate89 said:

jesus christ this is still going on

Yep, still impressed the mods haven't closed it.

Then again, one huge topic can be a good dumping ground for duplicate threads and a lightning rod to reduce the number of similar threads made.

54 minutes ago, Aldain said:

Yep, still impressed the mods haven't closed it.

Then again, one huge topic can be a good dumping ground for duplicate threads and a lightning rod to reduce the number of similar threads made.

Indeed, I've already seen one recent topic thread I contributed to get dumped into this one. It'd be easier if the mods just turn this one into a sort of unofficial megathread rather than allow the forum to clutter with more similar topics.

Edited by Pizzarugi
  • Like 1

The main issue with Saryn is more subtle than the amount of power she can bring to a fight. It's that she doesn't need to make any tradeoffs in her builds to get to that level of power.

She doesn't need efficiency (or even a lot of energy). She only needs moderate duration. She doesn't need to mod for corrosive or viral status. She's moderately tanky. She doesn't need to spam abilities.

All of that means she saves a couple of mod slots on her frame and each weapon. That opens up a ton of options. Where other frames might have to trade off toughness for power (glass cannon) she can have both. Where others trade off between burst and sustain, she has both. Where others have to trade off between damage, range, healing and utility (e.g. armour stripping and combo duration) in their weapon builds, she can have all of those simultaneously. Where other frames start to shine after putting a whole bunch of things in combination, switching between operator, multiple weapons and frame, with Saryn everything after the frame is icing on the cake.

Other frames you have to be selective with what mods and weapons you use if you want to push your build further. Saryn you can slap almost anything on and get away with it.

Edited by schilds

2 hours ago, Ikyr0 said:

holy bananas, thought this thread was locked, but it was just moved and still going. something is definitely being done bout Saryn.

nah

edit: correction - she got buffed with 2 augment improvements recently. yep!

Edited by Xepthrichros

Am 24.8.2019 um 07:31 schrieb --C--Nehra:

Public mission = All kind of possibilities! Private squads = Total control!

Simple as that.

Funny,  I read that same advice before.

For Ember (before her rework).

For Ash (before his rework).

For Banshee (before...yes, you guessed right).

Also for Mesa and Nova and Limbo.

If you connect the dots, it seems, that in the past DE sooner or later acts instead of forcing players into private squads...

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Sahansral said:

If you connect the dots, it seems, that in the past DE sooner or later acts instead of forcing players into private squads...

Yeah, and see how much flak DE gets for Ember nerf. One of their biggest blunders. 🙂

51 minutes ago, TeaHawk said:

I actually think we should buff Saryn so that she could fit complainers picture. That would be great.

Agreed. I think all her abilities should work on Eidolons and Orb Mothers too. 

Also Spore range should be increased to 200m to accommodate open world maps. Likewise for all warframes. I think all of them could have their ability base range increased by at least 100% if DE has more open world ideas planned in future. 

Edited by Xepthrichros

2 hours ago, Sahansral said:

it's funny because only Ember could be considered "fixed" for this type of problem. I guess you don't play that much, or don't have these frames, so you don't actually know what the changes did and just assume it was some type of lockdown of their "brain off, totally domination" skills.

On 2019-08-02 at 11:13 AM, MrRixter said:

I'm a fairly new player and today I got matched with a Saryn at my sortie. It was the first time that I felt bored in the game. There was nothing for me to do, everything was dying instantly all over the map so I just went afk and made a cup of tea. Whats the point of me trying to improve my frames and get all the mods, arcanes etc, when a frame exists which can nuke the whole map with no effort at all? I apologise if I'm wrong but from what I saw was a Saryn barely even moving.

I feel quite deflated right now and confused on how something so broken is allowed to exist in the game. Bare in my mind I'm quite new so I'm not aware if there are other broken frames, its just this Saryn was the first one I saw.

The perils of Skull-PUGgery, OP.

Sometimes you get squad-linked with the weak, the new, the ignorant, the jerks, and yes, the situationally over-powered.

But that’s the point.  Frames are often designed to be situationally over-powerful when you invest time.  You act like an MR3 chose a base Saryn and Miasma nuked until extraction.  That doesn’t happen.

And you won’t see Saryn nuking Eidelons like that.  (Enter Chroma-Meta-Complaint here).

Was it in a Corpus Sortie where shields were bypassed with Toxin Spores?

The point is, there are a LOT of frames that are OP in certain situations.  Sorties, quite frankly, are mid-level content.

I’ve played with Equinoxs, Mags, Chromas, Trins, Garas, Garudas, Novas, and [insert any frame here with meta-Riven-equipped weapons] that can wipe a map if take one wrong turn in a map before you can even catch up...just to name a few.

PUG Life.

The answer is to control who you play with and accept the risks if you don’t.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sahansral said:

Except Saryn has seen her build tweaked...