Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Faction Style Guides now Updated

[DE]Taylor

After almost four years, we are officially expanding the supported Factions in the TennoGen program! 

Our official Faction guide has now been updated to include the following styles:

• Sentient
  • Solaris
  • Ostron

Find them all here: https://www.warframe.com/steamworkshop/help/index.php?page=content-creator-art-style-guide

These guides are lengthy and very in-depth, so please review them carefully and use this thread for any questions you may have.

:community:

Sentients have no clear separation between organic and technological, you can’t tell where one ends and the other begins as they’re always both. They are grown under controlled surveillance, not built, so they are a uniform blend of organic and technical with gradation between the two extremes.

Some very interesting and juicy tidbits in there 👀

51 minutes ago, [DE]Taylor said:

Unfortunately not! It's not currently possible due to how they are constructed. We talked about it a little more here: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/871893-zaws-skins/?tab=comments#comment-9402800

Soooo... Is it being WORKED ON to make it possible? Really wanna use Zaws, but Fashionframe is end game. I NEED MY FASHION, DE.

On 2019-08-09 at 2:24 PM, [DE]Taylor said:

Unfortunately not! It's not currently possible due to how they are constructed. We talked about it a little more here: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/871893-zaws-skins/?tab=comments#comment-9402800

Rather than changing the mesh, would the simplest solution not be to simple use two of them? The base Zaw, with its everything turned invisible, and a fake "skin" that also held at the same time?

On 2019-08-10 at 2:53 PM, Ardhanarishvara said:

So wait, this means that Tennogen creators can release Solaris-themed stuff now?

Does that mean the original Mesa Corpra design can come through as Mesa Solara?

The question I wonder is if the Artist would risk wasting the time to do so only to get rejected again? I can only imagine the frustrations of an Artist as the goal posts keep getting moved or are different for different styles.  And then you see Deluxe skins that have no rules at all being in the game, breaking the very same artistic rules that you have to follow.  😕

7 minutes ago, Vindicta_Necis said:

And then you see Deluxe skins that have no rules at all being in the game, breaking the very same artistic rules that you have to follow.  😕

Because Deluxe skins are made in-house. They don't have to follow TennoGen rules because it's not apart of it. It's simple as that.

il y a une heure, Vindicta_Necis a dit :

The question I wonder is if the Artist would risk wasting the time to do so only to get rejected again? I can only imagine the frustrations of an Artist as the goal posts keep getting moved or are different for different styles.  And then you see Deluxe skins that have no rules at all being in the game, breaking the very same artistic rules that you have to follow.  😕

This happen a lot with tennogen, first iteration of a design is never perfect and almost always need changes, small or big.
I can't speak for others because I don't know what exactly happen on their side, but some big changes, especially on helmet when they go too farm from the usual warframe aestetic are really common.

And honestly aside from the helmet and how the tint are split, I think the skin doesn't need more changes. It's sad for the hood and I don't see why they are not allowed, but that would still be a pretty sick design, without being ton of work from the artist.

14 hours ago, Vindicta_Necis said:

Yes I agree 100% with you.

• 9 months later...

Are there any thoughts of adding cephalon theme? Violet tint, round shapes, glowing edge patterns (like on original Octavia). Maybe something connected with glass (although it could interfere with Gara's style)

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Archived